Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E04: It's My Party and I'll Fight if I Want To

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/15/2022 at 4:27 PM, dosodog said:

Really teeny tiny voice...I fully recognize I'm at a table for one, outside, by the dumpster...

I liked Landon.

I didn’t love her, didn’t hate her; but at least Landon stood out somewhat among the usual Charleston sea of tan, skinny little boring beachy blondes(even Cameron, Chelsea, and Naomi look similar, but at least Cameron and Chelsea had fun, boisterous personalities).
Landon was awkward AF and had her own stealth-bitch moments, but I did love to watch her ongoing feud with Kathryn. Too bad she turned out to be as nutty as a fruitcake(given that she’s still friendly with Ashley AND Thomas).

I stand by my affirmation that this show *completely* jumped the shark after Thomas split(I know he had to go, but that cretin was still reality gold).
It’s just such a different show now that I basically hate-watch at this point. I don’t even really enjoy the Patricia scenes anymore now that it’s just her bossing around disinterested/pissy Whitney.

Edited by Sun-Bun
  • Like 2
  • Love 5
On 7/15/2022 at 11:38 PM, chick binewski said:

My take is Bravo likes her and they're trying to keep an element of that southern hospitality & poise (which shockingly is not evoked by Shep's many baseball caps and dipsomania)  I think it was much more organic during the earlier seasons bc Whitney was actually friends (or friendly) with Thomas and Cameran and the conversations were much more natural when different age groups gathered. Now we're stuck with Madison & Venita reading a terrible script, Naomie's Dollar Store Cameran and Kathryn's delusions.

Seriously. Blonde 1 & 2 are following the tradition of Naomie, Madison and Kathryn and it's why I cannot listen to Madison going after Austen no matter what I think of him (and I'm still ticked off they brought her back especially after what she said to Danni).

What did she say to Dani?

5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

What did she say to Dani?

Well she actually said it to Shep (but in front of Danni, not caring that the arrow meant for Shep hit her): "I heard you gave her (Danni) chlamydia - that’s what I heard."

• Mind Blown 1
(edited)
On 7/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, bichonblitz said:

I'm liking Olivia. She wasn't about to take any of Venita's shit and had no problem putting her in her place. So far the most genuine of the entire bunch. Which of course means the other girls won't like her. 

I like her too. Her outfit at the party was so cute! You have to be really fit to pull that off. She wore it well. I like that she did something different instead of a maxi dress. 

Taylor is either clueless about Shep or just looking for a storyline. For her sake, I hope it’s the latter. 

Is it me or does Shep seem to have aged at an accelerated pace?

Speaking of age, I’m showing mine here: I use punctuation in my texts. And I never use abbreviations like “UR” or “U.” Yes, I’m old and classically trained. English was my favorite subject in school. : ) I enjoyed that exchange between Austen and Craig though. 

Katherine’s party outfit was not flattering. She was falling out of it. I wish she would try a more refined look like some of the other women, but I guess that isn’t her style. I saw a picture recently of someone (Jayne Mansfield) she appears to be channeling. Note the epic side-eye Sophia Loren is giving Jayne! Ha!

EDD99B5F-EDD8-4D35-B733-3CF79D2A1CBB.jpeg

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Katherine’s party outfit was not flattering. She was falling out of it. I wish she would try a more refined look like some of the other women, but I guess that isn’t her style. I saw a picture recently of someone (Jayne Mansfield) she appears to be channeling. Note the epic side-eye Sophia Loren is giving Jayne! Ha!

EDD99B5F-EDD8-4D35-B733-3CF79D2A1CBB.jpeg

So if we were able to meme this pic here, I’d label Sophia as Patricia and Kathryn as Jayne—I’m sure Patricia has similarly side-eyed a Kathryn party outfit or twelve. 
Someone online once referred to Kathryn’s style as “Southern bordello tranny” and I’ve never been able to forget the accuracy.

16 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I'm liking Olivia. She wasn't about to take any of Venita's shit and had no problem putting her in her place.

I’m still a bit leery of Olivia; not only because she’s yet another basic little blonde dating muppet mouth Austen, but because she was *extremely* defensive to Venita—just aggressively defensive in both her tone and body language.

Venita obviously came on a little too strong herself and that put Olivia on edge, but Olivia offered some borderline micro-aggressions to Venita that really didn’t sit well with me. 
The way she so rudely shushed her at Naomi’s party and later on completely dismissed Venita’s feelings when she was trying to have an open chat with her just came off as more than just textbook bitchiness.
No one was trying to “cancel” her and I think Olivia certainly could’ve been a bit more naturally courteous and welcoming of a different perspective in that moment. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2022 at 12:16 PM, heatherchandler said:

Now THIS is a scene I would like to watch!

We had a discussion last episode about "in the battery" vs "on the battery," that's why I pointed that out.  I thought it was "in the battery," but it should be "on the battery," so I am thinking Vernita is not from the area.

But didn't Venita and Naomi talk about going to HS together? I thought Naomi grew up in Charleston???

• Love 2

I have returned from Charleston...no cast sightings but I did go in to Sewing Down South and bought placemats, the store looks great and it was busy, the staff were really nice and took a photo of myself and my neice in front of a fun instagram wall.  

It was hot, hot, hot and humid but we walked, toured and ate like crazy.  Last night we had dinner at Home Team BBQ (I have seen some of the cast eat there so I thought maybe someone would be there but nope, nobody famous was there), it was good BBQ, good tomato and cucumber salad.

None of the Uber drivers we had watch the show...so they say.

I am pretty sure I saw where Katheryn and Shlub live, it is on the outskirts of town, closer towards the marina.

I love that town but I am happy to be home to watch the next episode of So Charm with ya'll.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/14/2022 at 11:24 PM, heatherchandler said:

Vernita is trying way too hard, I’m embarrassed for her, what is she even talking about?  Shut up Leva.  Let’s go around the table and bring up old grievances.  Why!????  Way to ruin a party.  

I cannot stand Vernita.  I’m only half watching but did Vernita ask Kathryn if she teaches her children that it’s okay to use the monkey emoji?  Kathryn has some issues but come on, that’s an insult.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 7/27/2022 at 8:00 AM, SuprSuprElevated said:

Like Venita was?  

Let's face it, these castmembers are being paid to engage in conflict.

Admittedly, I got wind of some racial gaslighting on Olivia’s part. But then again, practically *everyone* in this cast is guilty of gaslighting in general, so she’s just going with the flow on that, I guess.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/16/2022 at 11:46 AM, bichonblitz said:

I'm liking Olivia. She wasn't about to take any of Venita's shit and had no problem putting her in her place.

I like her too.  She was defensive to Venita because Venita's approach would make anyone instantly put their shackles up, and rightly so.  Olivia so succinctly told her that the way she so casually tossed out the label "racist" made her uncomfortable so she walked away.  Which was completely the right thing to do.  

Venita found this unacceptable because you aren't allowed to remove yourself from the situation, she constantly insists that everyone partake in a difficult "conversation" with her, at any given time. She then went on to say something along the lines of if you don't agree with her point of view, you can "take it or leave it".  Really?  No one is allowed to "leave" whatever Venita says.  Only complete agreement is apparently acceptable.     

I've rarely seen anyone as impressed and in love with herself as Venita is, even on reality tv.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Kiki620 said:

I've rarely seen anyone as impressed and in love with herself as Venita is, even on reality tv.  

Being an influencer is hard, getting the right angles for your Insta photos and getting vendors to send you stuff, it is very, very, very stressful and that is why she might be cranky towards people, duh!

Olivia has nothing to lose not being pals with Venita seeing how she and Shep won't last, why invest any energy in trying to be friends with her...she is not dealing with an exhausting person, good for her.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Being an influencer is hard, getting the right angles for your Insta photos and getting vendors to send you stuff, it is very, very, very stressful and that is why she might be cranky towards people, duh!

Olivia has nothing to lose not being pals with Venita seeing how she and Shep won't last, why invest any energy in trying to be friends with her...she is not dealing with an exhausting person, good for her.

Olivia is not with Shep, she is pretending to be with Austen, but any confusion is understandable. There are so many fake relationships this year, including the fake friendships, it's hard to keep track. I absolutely believe Whitney is Patricia's son. All other relationships are getting some level of side eye by me;😆

Edited by chlban
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, chlban said:

Olivia is not with Shep, she is pretending to be with Austen, but any confusion is understandable. There are so many fake relationships this year, including the fake friendships, it's hard to keep track. I absolutely believe Whitney is Patricia's son. All other relationships are getting some level of side eye by me;😆

I usually refer to all of the women no matter their color as "the blonde one," or "the other blonde one." 

Whoever Olivia is with, it won't last.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, chlban said:

The fact that the cast members of the show have been talking about Austen and Olivia “dating” for several episodes before they actually went on their first date tells you everything you need to know about it being a contrived “relationship” just to get her on the show. It’s the same thing they do on the Housewives. Everyone new has to be a “friend of” an existing cast member—despite how tenuous the explanation of their friendship actually is. e.g., We run in the same circles and I’ve been seeing her at society parties for the last 20 years; I finally introduced myself last week—now we’re best friends.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

The fact that the cast members of the show have been talking about Austen and Olivia “dating” for several episodes before they actually went on their first date tells you everything you need to know about it being a contrived “relationship” just to get her on the show. It’s the same thing they do on the Housewives. Everyone new has to be a “friend of” an existing cast member—despite how tenuous the explanation of their friendship actually is. e.g., We run in the same circles and I’ve been seeing her at society parties for the last 20 years; I finally introduced myself last week—now we’re best friends.

One of the reasons this show worked in the beginning, IMO, was that most of them really were friends IRL. Or at least there were enough real friendships that the anger was a lot less vicious and most of it surrounded Kayhryn, who was clearly introduced as the new girl. Other than the Peter Pan Boys, and maybe Shep and Whitney, these friendships are fake as hell. Maybe Naomie and Venita went to the same high school, but that hardly means they were friends. If Leva and Venita are such good pals, why did Venita need to give her a tour of her place and tell her she turned her dining room into a closet?  Seems like that would have at least been mentioned to a friend-she seemed to think it was so cute. I am 100% convinced Madison has boyfriends and clients, but zero girlfriends and we know Kathryn doesn't. Then we have the couples. I believe Paige and Craig are probably a real "couple" regardless of their motives fir getting together. But, do I believe it's some great romance? He'll no, but they seem to at least like each other well enough. I don't even see that with Austen and Olivia or Kathryn and Chelb (or whatever his name, I can't be bothered to check). In both "couples" they seem to enjoy antagonizing each other more than anthing.. it's really sad. Much too fake.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/1/2022 at 12:34 PM, Kiki620 said:

I like her too.  She was defensive to Venita because Venita's approach would make anyone instantly put their shackles up, and rightly so.  Olivia so succinctly told her that the way she so casually tossed out the label "racist" made her uncomfortable so she walked away.  Which was completely the right thing to do.  

But wasn't Venita talking about Kathryn when she labeled someone racist?  Kathryn IS a racist, and Olivia really should watch the previous SC seasons before defending Kathryn.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, TruffleHog said:

But wasn't Venita talking about Kathryn when she labeled someone racist?  Kathryn IS a racist, and Olivia really should watch the previous SC seasons before defending Kathryn.

I think I missed something, as I didn't hear her defending Kathryn? At Naomi's party, Olivia asked Naomi why she went to Kathryn's party since Naomi kept talking crap about Kathryn. As she asked Naomi that, Venita, Gray Madison and Leva jumped on her. Why did they get involved?

Then at the Garden party, Venita confronted her over walking away at Naomi's party, and also for what Kathryn did, and Olivia said she wasn't going to speak on it without Kathryn there. I didn't like the cancel culture comment one bit, but I can understand her being flustered by a gal, that she's just barely met, confronting her on two separate occasions over something Olivia had no part in. Go confront Kathryn again.

To me, it seems like Venita had some misplaced frustration and anger. She's still upset over Kathryn's awful emoji and horrific comments, and she was mad at Madison for inviting Kathryn and Olivia to the joint party.

I'm sort of not understanding Venita's pov, because she said "I don't like that girl" about Olivia when she had just met her, and has made it known since the previous season that she (justifiably) can't stand Kathryn, so why does she keep saying she wants to be friends with them, yet keeps confronting them? Why would she even go to Kathryn's party if she believes she's a horrible person? What has Olivia done that is so terrible?

Has Kathryn done more racist stuff since that time or not, and are people allowed to learn and grow? (I can't stand her for myriad reasons, but I feel there should be room allowed for learning and growth.)

What exactly is Venita wanting from both of them? 

Where is all this energy towards Madison, or even Patricia, who is known in the past to have racist artifacts proudly displayed in her home? (Idk if she still does or has learned since then). Why isn't she mad at Leva who started the whole mess at the table in the first place, but left Venita flapping in the wind?

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Everyone of these "desperados" who are still on this show, are WAY too old to be lamenting about the $hit they find to be "issues" in their lives. All of them should have grown into adults by now. But NO! It's a group of little kids with little kid "problems". Fuck all of them.

• Applause 2
  • Love 2
On 7/22/2022 at 11:14 PM, chick binewski said:

Well she actually said it to Shep (but in front of Danni, not caring that the arrow meant for Shep hit her): "I heard you gave her (Danni) chlamydia - that’s what I heard."

Oh yes .. now I remember .. thanks.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Well, according to last night’s episode, there are only four responses on the thread.  Guess the viewers have spoken.

If only Bravo would listen. 

Even if they don't, I sense that this "show" is on its last episode. 

Why am I hearing Snoop Dog singing a new version of Next Episode called "Last Episode"  ba da ba da ba, ba da da da da....(or something like that!) 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/16/2022 at 1:57 PM, Sage47 said:

Kathryn could have had it ALL but threw it away at only 21 by being a manipulative gold digger. She’s only 30 but seems like a washed up 45 year old at this point. With her huge boobs hanging out at lunch with Olivia. Awkward. 

What thirty year old goes to lunch with a hooker outfit  on minus a whip.  That was hilarious.  She had to be high already.

Just askin .. did Madison go out with A- Rod or what?  I’m reading different stories.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/26/2022 at 9:24 AM, Sweet-tea said:

I like her too. Her outfit at the party was so cute! You have to be really fit to pull that off. She wore it well. I like that she did something different instead of a maxi dress. 

Table for one here maybe, but I can't stand Olivia!  She seems like such a textbook "basic B" -- just super boring and thirsty to be on this show.  The way she inserted herself into the drama at Naomie's party really grated.  And, I find Venita as annoying as the next person does, but it's reaaaally not a good look for a white person to tell a POC that she's offended and upset that the POC brought up the concept of racism (I mean, WHAT?). 

I think this show would be better if we knew more about the main characters. Like, if we saw them with their families, or at their jobs, or doing their hobbies.  I know nothing about Olivia, other than that she lives with her parents and feels pressure to get married. What does she do for a living? What are her likes and dislikes? Otherwise she's just an interchangeable blonde in a cast of other interchangeable blondes who occasionally start fights. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, ladle said:

Table for one here maybe, but I can't stand Olivia!  She seems like such a textbook "basic B" -- just super boring and thirsty to be on this show.  The way she inserted herself into the drama at Naomie's party really grated.  And, I find Venita as annoying as the next person does, but it's reaaaally not a good look for a white person to tell a POC that she's offended and upset that the POC brought up the concept of racism (I mean, WHAT?). 

THANK YOU and I completely 100% agree!!! That entire scene with her and Venita really bothered me and immediately turned me against Olivia. She was so aggressively defensive and condescending to Venita and the way Olivia completely gaslighted her was rather inappropriate given the delicate nature of the topic. She refused to simply hear Venita out and listen respectfully—I know Venita came on very strong and it obviously took Olivia aback, but there was a rather dismissive undertone behind Olivia’s behavior that came off as more than just typical mean girl basic bitch vibes. Refusing to even own up to one’s white privileged behavior to the show’s only black female cast member while befriending someone on the show who had a rather public racist moment is NOT a good look.

And yes, it doesn’t help that not only is Olivia boring AF and obviously only “dated” Austen to get on this show’s main cast, but she’s every bit as blandly basic as every other skinny, spray-tanned blonde beige-loving influencer/reality tv Gen Z’er.

Speaking of boring, it’s time to cut Kathryn loose already if they even bring back this crapfest for yet another awful season. All she does is sit around in her apartment sulking while moping in her loungewear. Her kids aren’t on the show anymore, no one in the group really enjoys hanging out with her((Olivia only films with her for necessary screen time, let’s be honest)) and she has nothing going on otherwise but whining about her non-existent relationship. And Cheleb with his constant negging sucks too. They can both kindly remove themselves from my television screen and this show’s fake storylines for good, for all I care.

Whitney has always reminded me of an upscale and more snobby/pretentious version of Quentin Tarantino, for some reason. Both strike me as very interesting, intelligent, worldly, and oddly creative dudes at heart, but their naturally skeevy vibes make them less than desirable overall.
Somehow I seriously doubt Naomi would ever give Whit the time of day if he didn’t have his family money and connections. And why was she so hellbent on getting back on this show anyway? Seems like her online clothing shop is still doing well((weird how she hasn’t even brought it up onscreen at all this season though)) and she has family money/the business to keep her afloat, so I can’t imagine what would compel her to embarrass herself onscreen like this. And I’m certainly no Metul fan but he’s coming off looking better than Naomi post-breakup now, unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

THANK YOU and I completely 100% agree!!! That entire scene with her and Venita really bothered me and immediately turned me against Olivia. She was so aggressively defensive and condescending to Venita and the way Olivia completely gaslighted her was rather inappropriate given the delicate nature of the topic. She refused to simply hear Venita out and listen respectfully—I know Venita came on very strong and it obviously took Olivia aback, but there was a rather dismissive undertone behind Olivia’s behavior that came off as more than just typical mean girl basic bitch vibes. Refusing to even own up to one’s white privileged behavior to the show’s only black female cast member while befriending someone on the show who had a rather public racist moment is NOT a good look.

Right?! Olivia was SO oddly aggressive/dismissive in that conversation. And Venita wasn't even the one who brought up racism in that conversation at the pink party-- Olivia was! To me, "I walked away because you mentioned racism and I'm not about that" is such a bonkers thing for a white person to say to a POC, especially one who had been mentioning racism in the context of an actual racist incident she had experienced. WHAT. (And, again, I am no Venita fan! I find her to be a thirsty try-hard who is exhausting to watch. But just wow.)

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 7/15/2022 at 12:24 AM, heatherchandler said:

The whole episode I’m thinking, “god I hate Kathryn, god I hate Patricia, god I hate so and so..” and I realize I don’t like one single person on this show.

Vernita is trying way too hard, I’m embarrassed for her, what is she even talking about?  Shut up Leva.  Let’s go around the table and bring up old grievances.  Why!????  Way to ruin a party.  

The party looks horrible, everyone is sweating.  

The editors must not have anything to work with, as they show the waiters pouring water at an empty table.  Good lord!!  This show sucks!

I just CANNOT understand why Leva got her own show.

• Applause 2
On 7/15/2022 at 5:49 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Does Venita have Black friends?  I saw one at the party.

Who rides a skateboard at 42.

What the heck is an influencer anyhow?  She’s tells people how to dress, walk, talk, etc?  She has zero personality.

• Love 3