Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, HighQueenEB said:

Well, I can't see Kyle spinning this well at all.  But, it will succeed in making all three of them (Kyle, Michael & Brittany) look terrible.

Oh, I don't think he can spin it well but I think he can make it somewhat believable. "Yeah, I thought that. But then after talking to people about it, I realized how dumb that was." Turner will say that's fire, Taylor will accept a non-apology apology, Alyssa will continue to make heart eyes at Kyle.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Oh, I don't think he can spin it well but I think he can make it somewhat believable. "Yeah, I thought that. But then after talking to people about it, I realized how dumb that was." Turner will say that's fire, Taylor will accept a non-apology apology, Alyssa will continue to make heart eyes at Kyle.

In all seriousness, all Turner needs to say is, "Oh man, that sucks. You should definitely nominate him if you get HoH next week, Michael." 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

This really is one of the dumbest ace up the sleeves ever on this show so watch it fucking work.

Michael is a smart guy, so if he's SO confident that this will work, maybe I'm missing something, because yeah, while I certainly see it hurting Kyle, it's not like Kyle was popular with HGs anyways, most people are using him as a shield, and if you're using him as a shield like Turner is, you sure as fuck aren't going to nominate him, but, again, maybe Michael has a better grasp on these people than I do. 

• Love 5
Just now, Brian Cronin said:

In all seriousness, all Turner needs to say is, "Oh man, that sucks. You should definitely nominate him if you get HoH next week, Michael." 

Yeah, but Turner should also realize that Turner, by default, becomes the Monte in this situation should Kyle not be available because Kyle wins something. Turner could become a performance ally because it protects him in the game just as much as it helps Britt and Michael.

Of course, all it does is reinforce the privilege that white people have in this game, a choice that is the exact reason why the Cookout HAD to do what it did.

3 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

Michael is a smart guy, so if he's SO confident that this will work, maybe I'm missing something, because yeah, while I certainly see it hurting Kyle, it's not like Kyle was popular with HGs anyways, most people are using him as a shield, and if you're using him as a shield like Turner is, you sure as fuck aren't going to nominate him, but, again, maybe Michael has a better grasp on these people than I do. 

Eh...I don't think Michael is great at the social stuff, and he way overthinks the motivation of individuals. Turner really wants to hide in a group, though, so if Turner can hide behind Monte and Michael, he may take this justification and run with it.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Literally, all it takes is Monte (not Taylor, I love the girl but she's not always the quickest) asking "So why didn't you say anything before?"

It's super gross because you have Kyle with the racism, you have Turner with the performative allyship, and now you have Michael trying to be the white savior figure but only because his game was threatened. Like what?

And, hopefully, Monte follows that up with "So, you feel badly about this, but not enough to save the BLACK WOMAN ON THE BLOCK over your clear #2?  And you're willing to let ME, a BLACK MAN, go up on the block, if Turner isn't willing to turn on his ally, Kyle.  Gotcha..."

White saviorship can only go so far, ya know?  Same with Turner's performative allyship...  

And it's not even as if Kyle isn't perfectly aware of his own racism - there's a reason he approached another white man and a white woman in the house with this plan...  Yeesh.  These people are all toxic.

ETA - Gross.  Turner & Michael are chatting and, apparently, Taylor is now Turner's target - or so he's telling Michael - and he's likely to put either Terrance or Alyssa up on the block.  Soooo, bro-ing down with the Pound guys, and more than willing to put anyone but the white guy up on the block.  Maybe Michael can manipulate Turner into putting Kyle up with this crazy, bad plan.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

And, hopefully, Monte follows that up with "So, you feel badly about this, but not enough to save the BLACK WOMAN ON THE BLOCK over your clear #2?  And you're willing to let ME, a BLACK MAN, go up on the block, if Turner isn't willing to turn on his ally, Kyle.  Gotcha..."

If his goal is for all three of Monte, Taylor and Brittany to survive this week, then taking Brittany down is the only way to make it happen.

8 minutes ago, lilabennet said:

If his goal is for all three of Monte, Taylor and Brittany to survive this week, then taking Brittany down is the only way to make it happen.

I don't think it matters who he saves, to be honest.  If the play is to force Turner into performative allyship, then there's no good look for Turner if he nominates anyone but the other white guy in the house - and the originator of the anti-Cookout alliance plan - for the block seeing as both Terrance and Alyssa are also POC.  As long as at least 3 of Michael/Monte/Brittany/Taylor are off the block on eviction night, they control the vote.  

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

As long as at least 3 of Michael/Monte/Brittany/Taylor are off the block on eviction night, they control the vote.  

Which is precisely why Turner almost assuredly knows he can't have three of them off the block on eviction night.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

I don't think it matters who he saves, to be honest.  If the play is to force Turner into performative allyship, then there's no good look for Turner if he nominates anyone but the other white guy in the house - and the originator of the anti-Cookout alliance plan - for the block seeing as both Terrance and Alyssa are also POC.  As long as at least 3 of Michael/Monte/Brittany/Taylor are off the block on eviction night, they control the vote.  

The point is that if he takes down Brittany and exposes Kyle, then Turner will have to decide if having two POC on the block is a "good look" for him.  It is extra pressure for him to turn on Kyle because he is the only available option.  If Taylor is taken down, then Turner can feel less guilty about putting up Monte next to a white woman.  I despise that this is what the game has come to, but if it means that both Monte and Taylor survive this week, then so be it.  Michael is Spock-level pragmatic.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Timing is good for @30 Helens to be home from their trip, so perhaps we'll get what we need and a Taylor/Monte veto win.  

Sorry, @HighQueenEB. I think I was stuck in Baltimore while the veto comp was happening. Not that it mattered. We could all join hands, chant and pray to the goddess Janelle, and the season would still be fucked.

Michael can play his totally gross and calculated racial sensitivity card, but I think the time for that has passed. I just don’t think Turner will care. He was all about being Mr. AntiBully and standing up for what’s right when the game was in early days, but now that he can smell the money, he’ll find a way to rationalize away Michael’s claims. Having Taylor and Monte on the block together may be  bad optics, but since they’re not in his shiny new alliance, total coincidence! The only one who might react appropriately is Terrance. (Might. Because who ever knows what’s going on in that brain. Too many bus fumes.)

Whoever Michael pulls down, Monte’s going home. Which leaves Michael, Brittany and Taylor vs Kyle, Alyssa, Turner and Terrance. Which means unless Michael wins next HoH (or Britt or Taylor, but come on), Ponyboy and the rest of the Outsiders will steamroll to the end. Stay gold, jackasses.

And by the way, if Kyle tries to do anything to this American’s face, he’s going to wish he still had the ability to go 10 seconds, if you know what I mean. That shit was deeply disturbing. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

for the block seeing as both Terrance and Alyssa are also POC

I didn’t know Alyssa is a POC. Do you have a reference? I can’t find anything online. 

I have no idea why race is interfering with a social and strategic game and that's why I hated the cookout last year, because it opened this Pandora's box and I don't know when it will be closed.

Turner is in a final three alliance with Kyle and Alyssa, I posted the video where he says so. He will evict Monte so he gets closer to his end game and protect his alliance as will Michael use the veto on Brittany to protect his alliance. It's as simple as that.

• Love 6

Man, Michael is such a comp beast. He had to win veto this week to stay in the house and he did!  This plan of his shows that he will do anything and use any angle to win. He is playing a cold, emotionless, take-no-prisoners kind of game.  I don’t think we’ve seen someone play the game this cold and emotionless since BB6 Maggie .

• Love 4

Michael's better move is probably telling Turner that Kyle exposed the Pound. Taylor asked Turner about it after she was nominated. 

I'm not surprised at all Michael won slip and slide. People who are tall do well because of their long legs.

• Love 1
52 minutes ago, retired watcher said:

I would love to know what people who only watch the show think about Kyle.

Usually broadcast only viewers love them some showmance.

20 minutes ago, choclatechip45 said:

I'm not surprised at all Michael won slip and slide. People who are tall do well because of their long legs.

Only if you have good command of all of your limbs. As a fellow tall and long legged person, I'm like fucking Bambi on ice just trying to walk down the sidewalk. Every time we pass a car dealership with those blow up dancing guys, the husband points and says "Hey look, it's one of your family members!"

• LOL 13
9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I figured Monte would be good at slip and slide because he's tall but maybe this was his downfall. I've noticed lately that he has a very strange gait.

He does lumber around a bit. Maybe he followed his own weight lifting instructions.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, retired watcher said:

I would love to know what people who only watch the show think about Kyle.

My friend only watches the show and hates Kyle and the showmance with a passion. She was a big Joseph fan. 

• Love 5

For those that watch the feeds, who should I be rooting for at this point?  Skimming the comments looks like all these hamsters have issues.  Would appreciate your thoughts since I’m stuck with the edited version.

1 hour ago, LadyWave said:

My friend only watches the show and hates Kyle and the showmance with a passion. She was a big Joseph fan. 

I thought he was a 21-ish college boy.  Guess the living at home was throwing me off.  From watching the show, throwing Joseph under the bus,  for a gal who seems less than interested, took the cake.  Not even knowing about some of the live feed stuff.

Veto ceremony isn’t till tomorrow right? I’m staying off feeds today because Kyle is disgusting me with his vile slander and character assassination of everyone who’s not in his current alliance. I can’t, I refuse! I’ll just dream of a better outcome although if Monte/Taylor goes this week, they won’t have the numbers to take down Kyle next week unless someone from the DF4 flips. I’m so disgusted! 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Turner's noms were kind of dumb in retrospect. F8 is very late to do a fancy backdoor. Just put your target up and hope Michael loses veto. 

I don’t see that. He’d have preferred Michael to go this week because anyone who isn’t Michael should want that, but if Michael played and won veto, it wouldn’t matter which of the inside 4 left to Turner, they’re all numbers in favor of his stupid DF4 alliance. He’d have been ok with Brittany or Taylor leaving and not nominating Michael to begin with was with the slim chance of him not getting picked for veto and he almost wasn’t, he was the last pick. This is not a defense of Turner at all. 

42 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

For those that watch the feeds, who should I be rooting for at this point?  Skimming the comments looks like all these hamsters have issues.  Would appreciate your thoughts since I’m stuck with the edited version.

Whoever you want. We're not a hivemind and I mean, hey, I was rooting for Jasmine. And honestly, they're all problematic or have issues or what have you but that's human at the same time. Nobody's perfect.

But really, at this point in the game, I start rooting against HGs, not for them. If you really need to root for someone, I suggest Team Ants - you can never go wrong with the little buggers. There's also Team House Fire but that's like super bad odds.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Diana Berry said:

Well, considering we have:

• Kyle: a backstabbing racist with the emotional maturity of a wet pool noodle
  • Michael: a racist enabler with a cold, robotic approach
  • Brittany: a yes-woman coattail rider
  • Alyssa: a dimwit clingy girlfriend who is willing to settle for Kyle, which speaks volumes about her judgment 
  • Monte: a misogynist at least in his romantic relationships, which doesn’t necessarily apply here but still doesn’t make him a hero
  • Turner: a surface level hippie who is so convinced of his own coolness he almost made us believers, revealed as the walking personification of pond scum
  • Terrance: a total non-entity aside from a few brief moments of solid gameplay
  • Taylor: a super sweet girl who is so eager to please, she seeks approval for every move

You tell me! (No, seriously. Please tell me.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I can't with Michael and Brittany talking about how to go about talking to Alyssa and how they want to be clear that they're not using this Cookout 2.0 bomb to their advantage or for their game FEED CUT

I'm sorry, you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart? Because the guilt is wearing on you? GTFO.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Callaphera said:

I can't with Michael and Brittany talking about how to go about talking to Alyssa and how they want to be clear that they're not using this Cookout 2.0 bomb to their advantage or for their game FEED CUT

I'm sorry, you're doing this out of the kindness of your heart? Because the guilt is wearing on you? GTFO.

I mean is it yucky? Sort of. But will it provide some good feeds? Definitely. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I mean is it yucky? Sort of. But will it provide some good feeds? Definitely. 

I'd go with grody because I was born in the 80s and I feel like the word is underused now but no argument against it being good feeds. We probably won't get to see the actual event on the feeds because I can't tell who the button intern is trying to protect: Kyle or Michael but they have a trigger finger on the button today. So we'll probably get thirty seconds of fallout in between long silent shots of Terrance eating cereal or something.

ETA: I totally didn't know that the feeds were actually all on Terrance when I hit post but go me.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Like 1
  • LOL 6

Things That Are Happening Right Now:
Michael and Brittany starting their super awesome can't fail plan to expose Kyle

Things That Are On The Feeds Right Now:
Monte walking around
Terrance riding the stationary bike, complete with close-ups of his time and distance
Taylor shuffling down a hallway in silence

Only 5.99/month on Paramount+!

• LOL 12

I always try to picture each of the players outside of the game.  For me, despite most of you who are calling him out on him wanting to expose Kyle, I think Michael along with Brittany and Taylor would be nice people on the outside of the house.  On the other hand, Kyle, Turner and Alyssa would be mean/catty people.  Just my opinion.  I don't have a good read on Monte and Terrance but I would put them between the two above groups in my mind. I would hang out with M/B/or Taylor any day. People do show their true natures in this game but it is JUST A GAME so I don't fault M and B for their game play.  Others may say Kyle's is game play as well but that kind of game play is not acceptable to me.  Joseph being a double agent, yes...good game play. Alyssa hiding behind Kyle, game play. The piling on to gaslight Taylor about Joseph, not good game play.

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Like 2
  • Love 14
5 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

I always try to picture each of the players outside of the game.  For me, despite most of you who are calling him out on him wanting to expose Kyle, I think Michael along with Brittany and Taylor would be nice people on the outside of the house.  On the other hand, Kyle, Turner and Alyssa would be mean/catty people.  Just my opinion.  I don't have a good read on Monte and Terrance but I would put them between the two above groups in my mind. I would hang out with M/B/or Taylor any day. People do show their true natures in this game but it is JUST A GAME so I don't fault M and B for their game play.  Others may say Kyle's is game play as well but that kind of game play is not acceptable to me.  Joseph being a double agent, yes...good game play. Alyssa hiding behind Kyle, game play. The piling on to gaslight Taylor about Joseph, not good game play.

We kind of have no clue who these people are on the outside. For instance, Rachel Reilly was hell on wheels inside the house, but outside the house she's friends with nearly all her rivals, from Britney to Ragan.

And Mama Day was a fan favorite inside the house but it can't be an accident that she's estranged from so many HG's, from Bayleigh to Kevin to David.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4

I AM LISTENING TO TURNER SLEEP BREATHING THROUGH HIS OWN FUNK AND I AM NOT HAPPY.

We got a blink and you miss it shot of Monte with a weird look on his face and then WE'LL BE RIGHT BACK. 🍅🍅🍅

And now we're back to Turner snoring. Le sigh.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1

One of the cool things about BB is that I get to examine my own judgementalism.  Why do I hate Chilltown so?  Why did I so enjoy Howie?   

This year, I can't stand, above all others, Brittany.  I need to look at that.

I particularly admire Taylor for being so decent, despite being a pageant winner.  That is a most unusual combination in my experience.  I also had a ton of empathy for her as she was the target of such vicious Middle School attacks early on.

Oh...I LOATHE all the Skippys who control our access to the house.  HR reps, all.

• Love 7

The worst part about this being off the feeds is I don't get to see Brittany turning the Manson lamps on full blast and being annoyingly condescending again. Nope, just Turner snoozing away and probably smelling like BO and unwashed balls.

• LOL 5
23 minutes ago, twilightzone said:

Congratulations to Kyle.  According to BB Daily Poll of viewers, he is now officially the Least Popular HG.

1.  Taylor  3. Michael  4. Monte  5. Brittany 10. Turner 11. Terrance 12.  Alyssa 16. Kyle

http://bigbrotherdaily.com/big-brother-24/houseguest-rankings.html

And he dragged Alyssa down with him, but he was never at the top of the rankings.   As for Turner, he was at the top and has only himself to blame for his fall.  The question is, do thinGs like this matter to tptb and would they use the power of the diary room to influence Turner.  Otherwise they risk another Todrick type fiasco, only this time KyleTodrick wins.  

ps.  And Pooch is moving on up to 9th.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1

Lol at them blocking the feeds because M/B are telling M/T about Kyle’s racism. Like we know it’s happening so what is the fucking point?

This is just gonna make Taylor even more sad than she already is. Monte likely won’t care. Kyle and his cronies will just talk about how evil M/B are to disparage his character.

Sigh.