Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, Brian Cronin said:

At least I wouldn't have to adjust any BB winner tiers, as the remaining five are all fairly standard BB winners.

All of them would be on my lower end of BB winners.

Taylor would only be above the rest because, despite her bad gameplay, she's the most likeable in the group and one of the most likeable winners we would have.

• Love 3

Shit. Michael’s goodbye stuff might have been his last shot, but him leaving like that has clearly hurt Brittany hard. She’s crying to Turner about it now. Even if she understood why he said what he said, once he was voted out and peaced out? It hurt for her. And trust me, she annoys the shit out of me, but she was with Michael from the start and didn’t deserve that.

Edited by Katesus7
  • Love 14

It sounds like during the commercial Michael really laid into Turner about being a bad representative for the LGBTQ community. This is just me on the outside looking in so maybe Michael has a point, but it seemed like a real dick move on Michael's part.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Katesus7 said:

Shit. Michael’s goodbye stuff might have been his last shot, but him leaving like that has clearly hurt Brittany hard. She’s crying to Turner about it now. Even if she understood why he said what he said, once he was voted out and peaced out? It hurt for her. And trust me, she annoys the shit out of me, but she was with Michael from the start and didn’t deserve that.

I otoh, have 0 sympathy for her. Michael attacked her shady game play and she was turning on him before this and nothing he said about it was false even if he didn’t know for sure, but we do.

6 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Brittany will absolutely nominate both men

If Brittany wins anything tonight, I will literally have to scoop my brain off the floor and flush it down the toilet and call it a night. 

• Applause 3
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Auntie Velvet said:

It sounds like during the commercial Michael really laid into Turner about being a bad representative for the LGBTQ community. This is just me on the outside looking in so maybe Michael has a point, but it seemed like a real dick move on Michael's part.

100% dick move and right in line with the way he used the Kyle convo to his best advantage.  He really showed what a manipulative, calculating asshole he is.

Brittany is shattered.  She has no idea where to go from here now that she's no longer playing for 2nd place.

• Love 7

Alyssa being so nice and supportive to Brittany right now where she would be totally justified in saying “sucks for you”. She might be as dumb as a box of rocks, but I really am liking her right now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, choclatechip45 said:

Apparently Michael went up to Monte and told him he didn't get a a fair shot at the veto because his rope broke. 

So now I'm wondering if the rope actually broke.

Can you imagine the awkwardness if they had him come back and redo the veto with everyone? (I know they won't, because they never seem to want to correct stuff like that and it would really deflate the drama of the DE.)

4 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

100% dick move and right in line with the way he used the Kyle convo to his best advantage.  He really showed what a manipulative, calculating asshole he is.

Brittany is shattered.  She has no idea where to go from here now that she's no longer playing for 2nd place.

And I loved it, it’s old school Big Brother. This game has gotten too nice over the years.

• Love 7

Feeds cut, looks like Hoh time. They should make it endurance because they didn’t put the hammies through enough today 😉

Look at that! Tay’s the only one alive on that side 😊

image.jpeg

Edited by dizzyd
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Katesus7 said:

And we’re at cats. HOH. I’ll catch y’all on the other side, because I am going to sleep!

I need to sleep too!  My diehard figure skating fandom thinks that I might need to wake up at 1am to watch a junior international competition live from Latvia.  I haven't decided whether or not that's happening or if I'll sleep a bit later.

Today has been a monumental day between this DE and the Queen's passing.

• Love 1

This was mentioned upthread:

I feel so bad for Turner.  That was a wild accusation for Michael to make.  I've certainly lost respect for him.

eta:  Oops, I forgot that there was a conversation earlier between the two on this topic.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Mind Blown 2

It was not a wild accusation. Turner brought up not wanting to vote out Michael as one remaining LGBTQ as part of his motivation this week in forming an alliance w/Michael & Monte. Michael was simply saying those words back to Turner as a Hail Mary to have Turner not nominate him. Turner is lying to Brittany here. He has to remember exactly what he told Michael. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, pennben said:

It was not a wild accusation. Turner brought up not wanting to vote out Michael as one remaining LGBTQ as part of his motivation this week in forming an alliance w/Michael & Monte. Michael was simply saying those words back to Turner as a Hail Mary to have Turner not nominate him. Turner is lying to Brittany here. He has to remember exactly what he told Michael. 

Right, I remember now.  I had totally forgotten about that conversation.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, pennben said:

This will be another thing to learn more about Sunday. It was really Monte driving this push to get Michael out after winning the veto, and from what we heard Turner was caught off guard.

• Like 4

Going into this season, I can't say that any of us would have predicted anyone but Alyssa in this F5 and that's only because she's the pretty, white girl who was going to get caught up in a showmance that carried her to the end.  

• Fire 1
  • Love 4

I’m sorry to lose whoever is bailing now that Michael is out. I understand your frustration; even though I had a lot of misgivings about his gameplay (especially the Kyle reveal— the timing was really gross and I will never be ok with that) I appreciated his skills, tenacity, and game knowledge, and I would have liked to see him go further. Not necessarily win, but further. I certainly wanted him to do better than than Monte, and it sucks that Monte was the one to take him out because Monte, well, sucks. On many levels.

Brittany was very annoying with the crocodile tears. Michael said what he had to say in order to save himself. What, did she expect him to just roll over? And it’s not like she didn’t plot to take him out herself, so she can spare me the big sad eyes of betrayal. 

I don’t know why anyone would want to target Brittany at this point, though. She is the PERFECT person to sit next to in F2, because I don’t see anyone voting for her, not even Michael. And she’s not exactly a comp threat. She’s only won one veto by herself, and one of the co-wins with Michael was a gift thrown their way.

I don’t really have a problem with Turner advancing; I think he’s made some savvy game moves and his understated style is really working for him. He and Taylor are the only worthy finalists left. But at this point, I am firmly aboard the Taylor train. 

We’re still on puppies and kittens, but I will be monitoring because I really want to know who wins next HoH. Anyone but Monte, please.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

What's ironic is that Michael had three chances -- THREE FUCKING CHANCES! -- to take Monte out first.  On all three of his HoHs.  He purposely, intentionally let each chance pass him by to take out small targets who probably weren't even all that threatening.  And then, the very guy had three chances to take out . . . takes him out instead.  That's no one's fault but Michael's, and as annoying as Brittany can be, she did warn him, and he chose not to listen.

But that’s just hindsight. He felt he was in control of his own destiny and could beast his way till the end and not have to rely on anyone else. Myopic, but that was his strategy since he didn’t have a big social game like some of the others. It’s like saying Turner has the best resume because he took out huge threats: Ameerah, Kyle and Michael on his HoH but all of those evictions were engineered by someone else. 

Edited by dizzyd
31 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

I don’t really have a problem with Turner advancing; I think he’s made some savvy game moves and his understated style is really working for him. He and Taylor are the only worthy finalists left. But at this point, I am firmly aboard the Taylor train. 

Same. The funny thing to me is Turner has 3 of the big ‘gets’ taken out on his HOHs and none of them were ever really his targets!

• LOL 1
24 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

What's ironic is that Michael had three chances -- THREE FUCKING CHANCES! -- to take Monte out first.  On all three of his HoHs.  He purposely, intentionally let each chance pass him by to take out small targets who probably weren't even all that threatening. 

Yeah, in retrospect he should have taken Monte out last week. And if he had known what tonight’s comp would be, maybe he would have. Because Terrance would have suuucked at that rope comp.  But he didn’t know. He only knew that Terrance was straight up gunning for him, but maybe Monte would work with him. And Terrance has been surprisingly good at several comps, whereas Monte has been consistently terrible except for that one time.

So with the information he had at the time, I don’t think he made a bad decision getting rid of Terrance. The fact that it turned out to be the wrong decision is not really on him, but on production for failing to supply him with a crystal ball.

Sometimes even the best laid plans can gang agley.

• Applause 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Katesus7 said:

It continues his obsession with being "clever" over being human. He was a good competitor, but i don't think he ever really saw the other HGs as people, and instead as non-player characters in his BB game. 

• Applause 5
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8

Where Michael screwed up was in his second HOH.  Not by getting out Jasmine but who he picked.   He needed to swap out Kyle for Jasmine.   With Taylor and Brittney on his side he could have taken out either of the guys...which was his ultimate stated goal to not go to the end with one of the meat heads.  He could have played it off as picking Kyle so he wouldn't be put in an awkward position with Alyssa vs. a LO.  As long as Kyle stayed on the block (which he likely would have as Michael still probably would have won POV) he could ensure Kyle went home in the name of splitting up the showmance. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, choclatechip45 said:

Remember when she was crying to Taylor about the cookout 2.0 reveal??? Because she grew up in an all white town. 

I thought Brittany grew up in an affluent (but all white) suburb of Atlanta. That's what always threw me about her whole "I went to NYU and saw people of colour for the first time!" crazy eyed bullshit because YOU LIVED IN FUCKING ATLANTA. I may be from a far flung corner of Canada (okay, not really, I'm right near Vancouver) but even I know that there's a rich black history out there. Did she just never leave her house?

I could be wrong - I spent a very boozy dinner toasting to the Queen and joking about King Charles's ears on our $20 bill. Things got foggy after the third bellini.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

I’m sorry to lose whoever is bailing now that Michael is out.

It's funny because this is what's bringing me back. Everyone left sucks (either game wise or personality wise) so I'm curious to see how this is going to end. Michael just comping out to the end was a yawn to me - this isn't much better but at least it's different.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
Just now, Callaphera said:

I thought Brittany grew up in an affluent (but all white) suburb of Atlanta. That's what always threw me about her whole "I went to NYU and saw people of colour for the first time!" crazy eyed bullshit because YOU LIVED IN FUCKING ATLANTA. I may be from a far flung corner of Canada (okay, not really, I'm right near Vancouver) but even I know that there's a rich black history out there. Did she just never leave her house?

I could be wrong - I spent a very boozy dinner toasting to the Queen and joking about King Charles's ears on our $20 bill.

I don't know if I had that impression from Brittany's conversation.  I'm sure she met plenty of black people growing up in Atlanta, but if she grew up in an affluent, mostly white suburb of Atlanta then I could believe that she probably didn't really interact with black people as her peers or equals in life.  

I attended a small, private woman's college in Virginia and knew plenty of rich girls from Atlanta, Nashville, and the rest of the South.  We had plenty of black staff members, but no one on the faculty or the administration, save maybe one Residence Director.  All of the black people were security, maintenance or dining hall - in other words, the 'help.'  Yes, we interacted with them, but I can't say that we really got to know them as people, and we certainly didn't share the same lived experiences.  

Chances are, that's the world Brittany was coming from - and going to NYU would have been a huge reality check for her.  I'd say that her beliefs were probably challenged on a daily basis like never before.  That's the context I understood her to mean when she was saying that - not that she, literally, had never seen a POC before NYU.  What she knew about black history was probably limited to broad brushstrokes - maybe a class field trip to MLK Jr National Historic Park, but not much beyond that.

• Like 1

Ok I can’t sleep, I got to know.

I’m also looking forward to seeing the next jury segment when Jasmine and Joseph see the 2 HoHs responsible for their DE were the victims of another DE. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I thought Brittany grew up in an affluent (but all white) suburb of Atlanta. That's what always threw me about her whole "I went to NYU and saw people of colour for the first time!" crazy eyed bullshit because YOU LIVED IN FUCKING ATLANTA. I may be from a far flung corner of Canada (okay, not really, I’m right near Vancouver) but even I know that there's a rich black history out there. Did she just never leave her house?

I could be wrong - I spent a very boozy dinner toasting to the Queen and joking about King Charles's ears on our $20 bill. Things got foggy after the third bellini.

Hi from Maple Ridge 👋

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

As an impromptu Hail Mary, that was pretty inspired. I’m not even saying she doesn’t have the right to feel hurt; she feels how she feels. But that doesn’t automatically make him a jerk.

The speech was fine. Brittany looked like a dummy being upset by that. The thing that was jerky was not hugging her goodbye because he thought it'd be cooler not to. 

• Love 8
46 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

As an impromptu Hail Mary, that was pretty inspired. I’m not even saying she doesn’t have the right to feel hurt; she feels how she feels. But that doesn’t automatically make him a jerk.

Also, nothing Michael does is "impromptu." He definitely had that speech planned, just like he had it planned that he was going to try to guilt Turner about the LGBTQ community thing if Turner went to put him up. Everything Michael does is calculated.

It was a great speech, though. He really IS clever, so at least his calculations lead to interesting moments.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

These kittens are adorable, but damn. 1am BB time and still no feeds. I would be getting excited about a possible Pressure Cooker except I know there’s no way.

(Also: Brian: You’re absolutely right. Of course that was planned. My hat’s still off to him, though. I would have liked him more if he’d been a bit more humble and about 15% less calculating, but I can’t deny he played a great game.)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, 30 Helens said:

(Also: Brian: You’re absolutely right. Of course that was planned. My hat’s still off to him, though. I would have liked him more if he’d been a bit more humble and about 15% less calculating, but I can’t deny he played a great game.)

I was critical of his game earlier tonight, strategy wise, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder what the heck else was he supposed to do? He was basically a "bro" who was never going to be accepted as "bro" because he's a dorky looking gay guy.

Same double eviction happens if he's a bro (and Turner and Monte win HOH and POV), they'd eliminate one of the girls instead. Guys bro down all the time and don't take each other out at DE even if they're threats, but that was never available to him because of who he was.

I guess the answer is, "You're smart, come up with something" and he didn't. 

So ultimately it's still on him. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

This HOH obviously changes everything, but heading into this HOH, I'd put their odds of winning at:

Turner 31%

Monte 26%

Taylor 21%

Alyssa 20%

Brittany 2%

But odds of making the final two, I'd say it's pretty evenly distributed, with Turner and Monte having a slight advantage.

Just now, pennben said:

We’ll see now. Honestly, from where I sit  the only guy totally into a bro down has been Turner. I’m curious how this week works out. 

Oh, no, Monte has been ENTIRELY in the bro down most of the season every chance he's gotten.  

I fully expect Brittany to go this week.  Both Turner and Monte have 3 competition wins at this point, vs. Taylor's 1, Alyssa's 0 and Brittany's 1.5.  Neither of them are worried about making a case at F2 against any of the women, but there's no way Monte is turning against Turner right now.  He should, because he can't play for HOH next week, but he might be banking on winning the F4 POV to keep himself safe.

The most logical nominations are Brittany/Taylor, as, come on, Alyssa ain't winning that Veto out of nowhere, and she's the only one who might not use it if she DID win it. She's probably the only girl left who would be happy to stick with the guys if possible, as she knows the jury likes her.

Will Monte and Turner make the logical call, though? No idea.