Type keyword(s) to search

Season 24 Live Feeds Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Oh, boy.  This is going to be a loooooooong night and following morning.  I hope that things don't change.:(

I hate when they do it on Sunday night and those of us on EST get 2h sleep before work. 

14 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

I hate when they do it on Sunday night and those of us on EST get 2h sleep before work. 

If they ever bring us back from the "we'll be right back" orange blobs.  I had time to watch the new House of the Dragon episode while waiting for the feeds to return again after their brief return an hour ago.

1 hour ago, HighQueenEB said:

ETA - and we've seen him weaponize his tears and emotions to manipulate Alyssa time and time again in this game.

Re: Kyle and Alyssa, I hate how he won't leave her alone for even a minute when she asks for privacy. He just refuses. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

Re: Kyle and Alyssa, I hate how he won't leave her alone for even a minute when she asks for privacy. He just refuses. 

Someone needs to clue her in. That is a big red flag.

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Like 1
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

I hate that too. Yesterday she was showering and asked to shower alone without him pestering her. 

• Mind Blown 5
16 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I hate that too. Yesterday she was showering and asked to shower alone without him pestering her. 

Didn’t she do that to him too I’m the beginning, invade his space, touch him inappropriately and try to get into the shower with him when he said no? She was the aggressor in the beginning. They’re made for each other and as we found out today they have a similar understanding of geography and probably less of geometry. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Didn’t she do that to him too I’m the beginning, invade his space, touch him inappropriately and try to get into the shower with him when he said no? She was the aggressor in the beginning. They’re made for each other and as we found out today they have a similar understanding of geography and probably less of geometry. 

You're right, she did. Neither one of them has any respect for boundaries -- personal or geographical. 

• LOL 7
14 minutes ago, vb68 said:

They are back. Hanging in the backyard playing pool. No sign of Kyle or Michael.

Button Boy is way too quick on the trigger tonight.  Terrance, Turner, Monte & Taylor were in the BY talking about popcorn, caramel corn, the shower, the hot tub, looking at the night sky, the cooler temperatures, and the ONLY thing remotely hinting at whatever's gone down in the house was Terrance saying "Well, I think we need to reset the energy. America, we're back to our regularly scheduled program. We're gonna give you great fun and entertainment.  The drama is over.  That was a moment.  That was it.  And now we have ghosts."

No sign of Brittany or Alyssa either.

Oh, wait, Alyssa has joined them in the BY.  Still no sign of Brittany, Michael or Kyle.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Love 1

My impression is they have been told NOT to talk about Kyle. They are avoiding him and the whole situation like the plague.

ETA: There's Michael and Brittany.

Edited by vb68

BY feeds return - first it was just Monte, Alyssa, Terrance, Taylor & Michael; now Turner has joined them. 

I wonder if the deal is that Kyle will stay in the house, but production is going to keep the feeds off whenever there's any interaction between him and any other HGs. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, vb68 said:

It's interesting how everyone else is very relaxed and enjoying each other's company right now.

Well, of the 5 outside right now, 4 of them are very relaxed and chatty.  Michael is sitting, looking rather pensive and hasn't said a word yet.  

Alyssa wandered back inside about 10 min ago and, of course, all 4 cameras are focused on the BY only.   

Heh.  Terrance is talking about how he has a storage unit of equipment and stuff he doesn't use, and how his wife (Tracy) is all "why do you keep this stuff?", he's offering to set Turner up to start DJing when they're out of the house, and I'm thinking that Tracy's already headed to the storage unit to start boxing that shit up to ship to Turner in 4 weeks - she might even be reaching out to Megan for their address so she can ship it now.

• LOL 4

The cameras were all on the back yard and some of the HGs were talking about what they'd like to eat, then feeds got locked and now they're in the kitchen. I wonder if the producers are moving them around strategically. I can't listen to the chewing. 

Kyle had been in the kitchen alone, eating, and now he's nowhere to be seen. 

We FINALLY get some bit of conversation between Michael & Turner in the downstairs bathroom and Turner says "I told him that he was going up and after that he had no control" and whomever he was talking to replied "Dude, I know I'm going home."  My presumption, based on what little we've seen of the HGs tonight is that "him" is Kyle.

ETA - but, of course, Button Boy sends us to orange blobs, so we can't know for sure or see any more of the conversation.  

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

OMG - extended cam coverage of Kyle - showering, then taking a clear plastic dress/suit bag into the storage room, and now climbing into his bed in the golf room.  

Looks like Brittany is already asleep in there also, huddled almost entirely under the comforter.  Dude, if I were Brittany and Taylor, I'd have probably moved into another room for the rest of the week.  That's going to be mighty uncomfortable as the week wears on, I think.

ETA - meanwhile, in the BY, Monte & Turner are chatting about the JH and Monte's just draggin' on Jasmine.  Classic!  Check it out around 12:39am BBT. 

Now, they're onto discussing how to go forward.  Turner asks if Monte wins next week, asking which side do they solidify with - Taylor or Terrance.  Monte says "Let's assume Michael wins HOH next week, and I think we're both good with him next week", so focus on the week after.  They think Michael/Brittany will go after Terrance/Alyssa next week - I'm not sure about that, but okay.  So, at this point, they're going to try and ride the middle, play a good social game and they're probably good for at least a few more weeks.  Monte even tells Turner, for optics, since he wasn't out there for Dyrefest, it would make sense for him to put up Terrance/Alyssa.  Monte also says he still doesn't trust Terrance to not try to make what he views is a "big game move" by going for Monte if Michael is unavailable.  He's not wrong about that.

Edited by HighQueenEB
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Wow, after all that the insiders and Turner are coming out of this unscathed till F5?!?! What a difference 1 day makes. They can thank M/B for this if it works out like Turner and Monte are saying. So Kyle stayed just to be evicted? Unbelievable! Wednesday’s or Thursday’s episode coverage of this will be interesting. And he’ll be expected to stay in a jury house with Jasmine Indy Joseph? Wow! Is all I can say. 

image.jpeg.0d65808a9a5089da246b0ddd2f154eea.jpegimage.jpeg.e02dae5c9aeaeb499a32a6915987c166.jpeg

Awkward!

Edited by dizzyd
11 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

Wow, after all that the insiders and Turner are coming out of this unscathed till F5?!?! What a difference 1 day makes. They can thank M/B for this if it works out like Turner and Monte are saying. So Kyle stayed just to be evicted? Unbelievable! Wednesday’s or Thursday’s episode coverage of this will be interesting. Wow! Is all I can say. 

Well, heck...  Not a single one of us expected this play from M/B to work.  Kyle could have probably saved himself had he not melted down and fled to the DR almost immediately.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Well, heck...  Not a single one of us expected this play from M/B to work.  Kyle could have probably saved himself had he not melted down and fled to the DR almost immediately.

True, but I’m also blown by the fact that Kyle chooses this instead of running off to mommy. I guess he still wants the weekly stipend. If he’s going to stay, he should at least be engaging with the group. I thought Terrance said earlier that the drama was over and it was just a moment so I was fully expecting that to be the case and not this. 

Edited by dizzyd
6 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

True, but I’m also blown by the fact that Kyle chooses this instead of running off to mommy. If he’s going to stay, he should at least be engaging with the group. I thought Terrance said earlier that the drama was over and it was just a moment so I was fully expecting that to be the case and not this. 

Maybe he needs the stipend

if he evicts and goes home, bye bye stipend

maybe he thinks the backlash will be the same either way so why not sit in the jury house and keep collecting the money.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

True, but I’m also blown by the fact that Kyle chooses this instead of running off to mommy. I guess he still wants the weekly stipend. If he’s going to stay, he should at least be engaging with the group. I thought Terrance said earlier that the drama was over and it was just a moment so I was fully expecting that to be the case and not this. 

Eh, the drama IS over, I think - Kyle has accepted his fate and the consequences of what he said.

1 minute ago, Lucas Rowan said:

I never heard a thing about Turner getting any safety guarantees.  If Michael becomes the next HoH, or even if, by some off chance, Brittany or Taylor does, I can't see how Turner isn't targeted next, since Michael, Brittany, and Taylor all agreed that he was going up with Kyle, anyway.  With Kyle almost certainly gone this week, Turner becomes the strongest of the Afterparty members.  It'd be foolish not to take a shot at him.  Or, hell, even Monte, if Michael and Brittany want to do that.  Terrance and Alyssa would be wastes of an HoH, at this point.

Part of Turner's rationale is that he's "doing the right thing" - apparently even Taylor said that, as far as she was concerned, she won't take a shot at him next week because of exactly that.  So, he's bought himself a week of safety, he thinks.  He might not be wrong.  

Yes, Terrance or Alyssa would be wastes of an HOH - though I can see some rationale for getting rid of Terrance since it was his stupidity last week in falling for Kyle's half-truths without so much as seeking out Turner to confirm any of that stuff that helped lead us to what happened today.  Though the only person I see targeting Terrance next week would be Taylor.   

3 minutes ago, Lucas Rowan said:

Ah, but only Taylor said it.  Never heard anything about Michael or Brittany saying it.

It seems that Michael DID promise Turner safety for next week.  Not sure if Brittany was part of that conversation or not, and we'll probably never know since it happened when the feeds were down.

I gotta figure Terrance/Alyssa are the nominees for all of the Insiders, with the possibility to backdoor either Monte, Michael or Turner depending on how things shake out.

If Terrance wins or if Alyssa stumbles into an HoH, I think Terrance might take his shot and put up Monte/Michael, while Alyssa would probably do...I really don't know (and it doesn't really matter since she's not going to win HoH)...Michael/Brittany, maybe? 

• Like 1

Cripes - I have no idea who Alyssa would target.  She's closest to Terrance, so he'd be safe.  I think Turner & Monte would be safe by extension, which would leave Michael, Brittany & Taylor. 

Thing is, at this point, I would hope that Turner & Monte realize that backdooring Michael is not an option.  Might as well put him up on the block, along with Brittany, in order to ensure that one of that duo goes - force Michael into comp beasting his way to victory.  Eventually, he's gotta lose, right?

2 minutes ago, HighQueenEB said:

Might as well put him up on the block, along with Brittany, in order to ensure that one of that duo goes - force Michael into comp beasting his way to victory.  Eventually, he's gotta lose, right?

But that same logic would dictate that he'd eventually lose at a time when you can backdoor him, right? If you're Monte, there's little reason to go at Michael directly until you have to. 

By the way, with the PR aspect of it all, I would put the odds as less than 5%, but I think that there is at least a greater than 0% chance that Monte says, "Fuck, Kyle is a huge human shield who will go after Michael if he stays, so why not just keep him?" 

2 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

Eh, the drama IS over, I think - Kyle has accepted his fate and the consequences of what he said.

I think nobody was buying his denials and tears in the DR.  It took him 3+ hours to come to that conclusion I'll bet. This shunning sounds very scripted to me.  It's going to be spun for sure for the casual viewers.  Good luck facing Joseph and after another one comes to jury next week, Indy and Jasmine (theywill be one of his worst nightmares.)

• Love 2

I am shocked to catch up and find out that Kyle is still in the house. I really didn't think he would stick around - I wonder if Grodner arranged for a phone call with his mom, like she did with Tyler and Angela Mother.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, TimWil said:

So when will the Afterparty be exposed? Couldn’t Kyle do that? And can he possibly “atone” by telling Taylor the truth about Joseph?

The problem for Kyle will be that he can’t be trusted… I think it is too late for atonement.   

36 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

I am shocked to catch up and find out that Kyle is still in the house. I really didn't think he would stick around - I wonder if Grodner arranged for a phone call with his mom, like she did with Tyler and Angela Mother.

I can’t believe he is staying either.  With everything being out in the ether due to the feeds, production will have to spin very, very carefully.   I wonder if they will hang Kyle out to dry as a display of performative ally ship.  

The problem is, with Kyle staying and going to the jury house, now all the people he's pissed off with his little Cookout 2.0 theory that will still go to the jury (and the people already there) are going to have to continue to live with him and his tone-deaf racism which seems to be more punishment for them than for him.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

The problem is, with Kyle staying and going to the jury house, now all the people he's pissed off with his little Cookout 2.0 theory that will still go to the jury (and the people already there) are going to have to continue to live with him and his tone-deaf racism which seems to be more punishment for them than for him.

True, good point. Though I feel like past jurors have said they don’t necessarily have that much interaction in the jury house outside of the segments they film. I think Kyle will end up keeping to himself a lot. I doubt the other jurors will go out of their way to interact with him, at least after the next juror arrives and the existing jurors find out the truth about Kyle.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I know this isn't referencing yesterday's feed shenanigans but damn did I get an evil laugh out of this headline and photo together on my Microsoft News and Bullshit thingy. I like to think that this can apply again in a few days, only it'll be the record for most spectacular tanking of a game.
dZvWb7P.png

• LOL 4

Good morning! After a tumultuous day, the BB house guests are soundly sleeping, at least the ones we can see. (Who knew a Sunday on the feeds could be so exciting?) Camera 1 shows Turner sleeping in the HOH bed with a wide shot of the HOH room, including the HOH bathroom. Little did Turner know last Thursday he most likely would end up evicting Kyle. His HOHs have ended up as turning points in the game, although while the first time was on his own initiative, this second one has been forced upon him. Camera 2 shows a closeup of him lying in bed, looking more like Mr. Banks than ever.

Cameras 3 and 4 are on the hallway bedroom. Brittany is way down on the end. You can actually see her head. There's the man of the house, Kyle, (ugh) in the bed next to Brittany. It's hard to tell if anyone is in Jasmine's old bed. I don't think so because there are pillows and something plastic on top of it. Camera 4 shows the opposite view and wow, Jasmine's bed has stuff all over it. I can count nine pillows on it, plus the plastic thing, crumpled bedclothes - hey, there's another pillow! Then there's Taylor way down at the end. Her suitcase is partially packed. Kyle has a duffle bag at the foot of his bed. I don't see any type of suitcase by Brittany's bed.

I assume Monte and Terrance are in the guys' room, while Alyssa and Michael are in the atomic bubble room.

Talk about someone who completely self-sabotaged their own game.  With the LO, Kyle actually started in a very strong position.  It was him and Monte, who were also part of the Post Pack, who were calling the shots after Alyssa had leaked to him the girl's alliance.  Ironically, it was his showmance that distance him from the LO and his own paranoia and prejudices that ultimately took him down.

Edited by twilightzone
  • Love 2

Wow, what a night. Aside from two brief clips (Turner telling Monte he hopes people treat Kyle with care— presumably out in the world at large— and Kyle trudging around wrapped in a nubby orange blanket, looking like the world’s saddest Fozzie Bear) I was unable to watch any feeds due to a massive migraine that took a violent turn. I still suspect Kyle had a worse night.

I read the articles from Newsweek and the lazy Daily Mail, who repurposed the same article from Newsweek (who, to be fair, probably repurposed it from someone else, because online “journalism”). I wasn’t watching during the Jackson season, but I assume there was a similar backlash. It makes me wonder how much of this CBS will absorb before they just decide to cancel feeds altogether. That would be the easiest way to avoid the controversy.

• Hugs 2
  • Love 1

I was waiting for an article to appear here.  TMZ/TooFab have been doing regular recaps of the season.   Will be interesting to see how thing go elsewhere…TMZ reporting often gets picked up elsewhere     They may emphasize the sensational, but they are careful to be as factual as possible.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/29/big-brother-housemate-contestant-kyle-capener-racist-fans-cbs/

Edited by DEL901
5 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I was waiting for an article to appear here.  TMZ/TooFab have been doing regular recaps of the season.

https://www.tmz.com/2022/08/29/big-brother-housemate-contestant-kyle-capener-racist-fans-cbs/

I know TMZ isn't well liked for good reason but I do feel like they normally research their stories and post very accurate things. But the lack of capitalization on Cookout to reference it as an alliance instead of just a common term from the Black community and all of the cleverly placed quotation/scare marks make this feel like a paid piece from CBS talking shit about the people that have been posting about Kyle's bullshit for a few weeks now. Maybe it's just me being cranky because I realized I'm a day early for Pumpkin Spice season to start at Starbucks and I'll be stuck with my standard peach green tea lemonade.

I do, however, appreciate that the related links include Kyle and Alyssa's butterfly floatie 10 second period sex because that'll never get old.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I was thinking about when Kyle gets to the jury house and has to recap what happened as they "go watch the tape".  Talk about a punishment.  I can't imagine him trying to recap it even for 30 seconds.

And I agree that he must have stayed for his stipend because he has no idea  how he's going to make any income when he does get home. He's probably thinking whatever his deal with TikTok is over.

I am a little shocked that Grodner is ok with letting Kyle have a vote at the end.

Edited by vb68

Do we think Kyle is going to get a lot of backlash if he apologizes and chalks it up to game paranoia? 

Tyler basically received no backlash for using BLM as part of his strategy in BB22. I know Hannah mentioned it in pre game interviews last year, but besides that he has been able to move on. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, choclatechip45 said:

I'm surprised Kyle did not try to come up with a defense at all. I really thought this wouldn't work because of Kyle's denials. 

He could have easily kept Alyssa on his side, and probably Terrance/Turner, if he'd played it cool and managed to come up with a semi-plausible denial.   But his whiny meltdown confirmed everything.  I gather that Kyle has rarely had to face consequences for his boo-boos.  

• Like 2
  • Love 8

I think the only reason Kyle agreed to stay for is that production promised him they will create another story for his eviction or that they will show the least content possible. So when he sits with Julie, will he be allowed to say what actually happened or will he have a story made up? I don't see any other way he agreed to stay knowing the whole extent of what is happening in the real world, unless they hid it from him. The fact that the houseguests are not allowed to talk about this incident shows me production is trying to bury it.