Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E18: Chapter One Hundred and Thirteen: Biblical

• Start Topic

PERCIVAL'S LATEST MOVE - As the gang plan an event celebrating two of their own, strange biblical plaques around town threaten to put a damper on the special day. 

Original Airdate: June 26, 2022   8:00-9:00 p.m.    CW

Next New Episode is on July 10, 2022   
RVD618a_0646r-8bc26936f7dd29bf.jpg
RVD618b_0959r-43e1a1372c12b4bf.jpg
RVD618a_0557r-bc1dc4ff71da8d78.jpg

(edited)

But Jughead's not a first born. Charles is older than he.

It can't be that it only counts on the mother's side, 'cause Hermosa and Veronica don't have the same mother either.

Of course, Betty didn't even tell Jughead that Charles was back in town, so maybe the show's forgotten they're related.

Edited by Noneofyourbusiness
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

But Jughead's not a first born. Charles is older than he.

It can't be that it only counts on the mother's side, 'cause Hermosa and Veronica don't have the same mother either.

Of course, Betty didn't even tell Jughead that Charles was back in town, so maybe the show's forgotten they're related.

I forgot. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Killing the firstborn would presumably kill a lot of the workers Percy needs to build his ghost train railroad.

Or at least get the smart surviving ones to get the f--- out of Riverdale.

I'm so tired of Percival as a villain. So very tired.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

The past two seasons have really killed any positive feelings I had about Veronica. I mean, when Biblical plagues are raining down on your town, you probably won't care that much about your friend deciding to weirdly break into Sondheim during your rehearsal dinner and make it all about her, but it's still shitty. 

And it's weird how many musical performances they're making us endure this year. If there isn't enough story for all of these episodes, just... make the season shorter?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, Panda Bear said:

And it's weird how many musical performances they're making us endure this year. If there isn't enough story for all of these episodes, just... make the season shorter?

The writers like all the musical performances, even if we don't, so I don't see that changing. The showrunner was even talking about Elvis being a big influence on Riverdale during the ad spots for Elvis.

• Love 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, Panda Bear said:

I mean, when Biblical plagues are raining down on your town, you probably won't care that much about your friend deciding to weirdly break into Sondheim during your rehearsal dinner and make it all about her, but it's still shitty. 

Veronica's performance of that song, complete with smashing shit, was...wow. I burst out laughing, meanly.

The writers' insistence on giving us more of the musical performances we keep saying we don't want is baffling.

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 3
32 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

Veronica's performance of that song, complete with smashing shit, was...wow. I burst out laughing, meanly.

Even the folks in the audience were side-eying her, that was the most hilarious part.

The writers' insistence on giving us more of the musical performances we keep saying we don't want is baffling.

I guess they just like musicals? I mean, there must be some fans who like it?

• Love 1
(edited)

The continuation of a dark, gloomy season with a stupid villain and an overabundance of Broadway numbers.

Instead of caving to Percival, why didn't Archie just rip his arms out of his sockets with his super strength and make him lift the curses?

Same with the "we can't kill Percival, if we do, he's won" argument.  Well no, Archie, he's lost because he's dead.

Way to go, show.  The whole season you have portrayed Percival as this guy with the power to control people's minds like Killgrave.  With a few episodes to go, you change the lore to where he's Moses and Emperor Palpatine all rolled into one.

So a dozen grasshoppers eat through Percival's stockade in a matter of minutes.  Were those grasshoppers or hungry hippos?

Watching Nana going up in flames in her wheelchair was kind of hilarious.  That's how bad this season has been.  A horrifying moment of the old bag getting flame broiled made me laugh at the absurdity of it.  And she survived - until Percival finished her off, anyway - which was even more ridiculous.

So is other Jughead Riverdale Jughead or Rivervale Jughead?  Where have we been this season, anyway?  Does it even matter?

This whole season has been a plague...on my senses.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Dobian said:

Watching Nana going up in flames in her wheelchair was kind of hilarious.  That's how bad this season has been.  A horrifying moment of the old bag getting flame broiled made me laugh at the absurdity of it. 

I laughed at that scene too, but not at Nana.  I was laughing at Cheryl's screaming response to it.  I don't think I've ever seen anyone open their mouth that wide.

I'll be honest -- I barely paid attention to this. I got kind of interested when the second Jughead showed up. And I LOL'd when Tabitha was the only one who cared whether Jughead was dead. And when Jughead ate the evil burger. And when Jughead was amazed that there even was a burger there when, I presume, Tabitha has been bringing him food?

Since this seems to be a burner universe just like Rivervale, I think it might be possible that we end up with Betty and Veronica together, or Betty/Archie/Veronica together after all. You know, before the apocalypse comes and destroys everything. Otherwise, I don't know what the point is of all of these scenes where Betty discovers she's bi and encourages Veronica to third-wheel her relationship.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dobian said:

The continuation of a dark, gloomy season with a stupid villain and an overabundance of Broadway numbers.

This whole season has been a plague...on my senses.

The perfect description of this season. Plodding, joyless, and ultimately useless. With signing to make it all even less watchable.

They sure redeemed Kevin fast.  It's like the producers looked over the numbers and said, "Whoa!  Kevin's Q rating is down 93%!  Everyone hates him!  Writers, fix this now!!"

Part of this show's gloominess goes back several seasons because of the way they shoot it.  Virtually no location shoots, and most scenes are indoors on sets.  With scenes shot in low lighting to give the illusion that the setting is bigger than it actually is.  Blossom Manor is in reality a 900 square foot apartment.  Even the outdoor scenes have a dark edge to them a lot of the time, and of course a lot of the outdoor scenes are shot at night.

• Useful 1

Riverdale and Percival are all "Hey, you want to see us do our version of the Red Wedding?  But, get this!  Make it boring?!!" tonight, I see.

Man, I remember there was a time ages ago when Veronica was one of my; if not the; favorite characters on this show.  But now she's just obnoxious with her bitching about having to do party planning now despite being the "She-Devil of Wall Street", griping about having no friends or partners, suddenly being interested in Archie again after he's moved on, and using a toast as an opportunity to sing some more.  At least the latter part provided some amusing reaction shots from the rest of the characters being baffled over by all of that.  And then there was the whole thing about them trying to establish the importance of "B and V", even though, again, it barely feels like Betty and Veronica have been on the same show lately: let alone actually having any kind of relationship.

Oh, hey, Kevin finally realized that maybe Percival doesn't have the best intentions here and was just using him for his own gain.  Good for you, buddy!

Cheryl finally decides to quit screwing around and actually tries to kill Percival straight-up, but that naturally backfires spectacularly.  Sucks about Nana Rose though: I always enjoyed how overdramatic she was and seemed to always have a batshit story ready for any situation!

That's why you don't eat the mysterious cheeseburgers that suddenly show up in your bunker, Jughead!  But I guess this other Jughead is the one from Rivervale?  Maybe he can write a better story here.

So, yeah, a whole bunch of regulars are totally "dead", but luckily Heather knows a necromancer that will probably fix all of this.  Especially because it's.... cue drumroll, Sabrina!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

What a bizarre episode. Everyone's reaction to Veronica's singing is the reaction they should have had every time she's forced them to watch her sing. And no one even called her out on it? I'm tired of this bitch getting a pass for everything, she's been fucking awful this season. Whining about not having a boyfriend, and now of course she's into Archie again- she really has become her comics character in a lot of ways.

And tell me again they're not headed directly towards the comics based Archie/Veronica/Betty triangle for real before the final season or maybe as the plot for the final season. Which would kinda suck, but I can see it happening. Gives them a chance to end it on the three of them somehow, have Archie be forced to choose btw them, he picks no one, it ends with the three of them hinting it'll always be a tug of war. Comics faithful after all.

I would not like that by the way. But I can see them doing it. I still have no idea if this universe is actually real- I think it must not be, but I also think we spent this entire season in it, so going back to another one where none of these pairings ever happened? Ehh....I don't know if that works either after all this time. I mean, they really did commit to Toni and Fangs onscreen...kinda hard to see them taking that one away now, imo.

I like that Jughead's other self knows he's dumb enough to eat food that just appears out of nowhere, even as he knows he shouldn't eat it because it appeared out of nowhere.

I guess Kevin's good now again? Some redemption. Reggie will probably get the same treatment soon? Or does he get to stay evil because Comics Reggie, despite the fact that he's never really seemed that bad on the show. Maybe the actor just can't sell it.

• Love 4

This season is actually a good argument for why the 22-episode season format needs to go into the ashbin of history.  I feel like I’ve been watching this Percival plot since Covid began.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, thuganomics85 said:

And then there was the whole thing about them trying to establish the importance of "B and V", even though, again, it barely feels like Betty and Veronica have been on the same show lately: let alone actually having any kind of relationship.

The recent revitalized "friendship" is such a blatant plot device to up the stakes since Veronica is close to admitting she's still in love with Archie. So transparent.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

At least the latter part provided some amusing reaction shots from the rest of the characters being baffled over by all of that. 

I thought they shouldn't have been baffled, since this happens all the time in Riverdale.

1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

I like that Jughead's other self knows he's dumb enough to eat food that just appears out of nowhere, even as he knows he shouldn't eat it because it appeared out of nowhere.

The funny part was that he could smell it was a Pops cheeseburger.

2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Cheryl finally decides to quit screwing around and actually tries to kill Percival straight-up,

I was thinking, why don't they just kill him? And then she actually said it.

1 hour ago, ruby24 said:

And tell me again they're not headed directly towards the comics based Archie/Veronica/Betty triangle for real before the final season or maybe as the plot for the final season. Which would kinda suck, but I can see it happening. Gives them a chance to end it on the three of them somehow, have Archie be forced to choose btw them, he picks no one, it ends with the three of them hinting it'll always be a tug of war. Comics faithful after all.

Just make them polyamorous. It's much more accepted these days.

4 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I suspect they're headed for the "classic" triangle, too, but I predict they leave it in this (obviously) alternate universe. In fact, I think they'll do it this season precisely so they can leave it behind in an AU and never mention it again. It's totally on brand for this show.

18 hours ago, ruby24 said:

I still have no idea if this universe is actually real- I think it must not be,

Trust me, it's not real.  None of it is.  It's actually a fictional television show, based on a fictional comic book.

Unless by "this universe", you meant our universe.  In which case, I agree. The jury is still out.

Maybe they're pushing the potential for bi Betty and an Archie/Betty/Veronica three way because they lost the Toni/Cheryl pairing and Toni/Fangs/Kevin triangle.   Got to keep the quotas up for the nonconventional relationships.

Why did Kevin turn good anyway?  It's like he just suddenly came up with the ability to resist Percival's influence.  Maybe Percival didn't need him anymore.  

17 hours ago, Noneofyourbusiness said:

The funny part was that he could smell it was a Pops cheeseburger.

Is there any other kind?  I'm still mulling over in my mind if I would eat my favorite meal if it just appeared out of nowhere.  What was the point of it anyway?  Was it drugged so as to knock Jughead out so that doppleganger Jughead could search the bunker?

That must be real Riverdale Jughead right? Can he save us and write us a better story? How is a season where half our cast get random super powers and have to fight a demon who unleashes the biblical plagues on Riverdale so damn boring? I don't think its helped by the fact that the cast is almost all sleepwalking through their roles, and the colors and cinematography are so dark and bland, it makes the show such a slog to sit through, I always want someone to turn on a light. In past seasons, even the bad ones, at least the show had memorable visuals and an interesting color scheme, lots of bright reds and greens standing out against whites and blues with a district retro visual style mixed with lush forests. Now its just dreary buildings and dark colors over dark colors.  

Veronica stealing Toni's thunder at her own wedding to sing a majorly self indulgent song about her own issues, again, at her friends wedding, is so ridiculously on brand. I used to love Veronica, but she's become so selfish, petty, whiny, and bratty, I cant even love to hate her like I can sometimes with Cheryl. The only good thing about her song was everyone's side eye as they watched her singing, especially Betty and Fangs, who both looked like they were feeling some major second hand embarrassment. Of course, I'm not sure at this point if they were supposed to be annoyed and embarrassed, or if that was just the actors being unable to keep straight faces. 

Speaking of Cheryl, of course she gets to officiate Fangs and Toni's wedding two days after she almost killed their baby using black magic in a jealous rage, because character consistency is for other shows. Its why Kevin can randomly decide to join the side of good again out of nowhere and everyone is just fine with it. They sure are a forgiving bunch, especially towards Kevin, who I am sure will be betraying everyone for some new gang leader or anti Christ by next week. 

My biggest laugh was Archie walking around with that giant thing of wood under his arms. Gee show, are you maybe going for some kind of symbolism there? Why don't you just stick him in a crown of thorns like in Rivervale and be done with it? I also found it funny that they kept calling Betty The Harlot of Babylon, both because them trying to tie her into the book of revelations is hilarious, and because its the Whore of Babylon, not harlot, a word that I don't even think existed when the book of revelations was written. Is saying the word whore really where we draw the line of good taste on this show?

Does Kevin have an older sibling? Does Tabby? If this whole thing is so localized, I have to ask again, why the hell are people still even in this hell hole of a town? So now we are finally getting a real visit from...Sabrina! Will she just show up for three seconds at the end or will she actually have things to do? Will any of this matter, because its obviously not set in the real Riverdale?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

That must be real Riverdale Jughead right? Can he save us and write us a better story? How is a season where half our cast get random super powers and have to fight a demon who unleashes the biblical plagues on Riverdale so damn boring? I don't think its helped by the fact that the cast is almost all sleepwalking through their roles, and the colors and cinematography are so dark and bland, it makes the show such a slog to sit through, I always want someone to turn on a light.

Everything you said, but this in particular.

The cast and the writers seem completely over this show.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I want to be a fly on the wall for the negotiation session between the Riverdale Crew and the Sondheim estate  — “no, no, it’s a loving tribute, we swear!  Yes, totally appropriately reverential and not a sign that a character has gone completely off the deep end, we swear!”  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 6/29/2022 at 3:03 PM, tennisgurl said:

Speaking of Cheryl, of course she gets to officiate Fangs and Toni's wedding two days after she almost killed their baby using black magic in a jealous rage, because character consistency is for other shows. Its why Kevin can randomly decide to join the side of good again out of nowhere and everyone is just fine with it. They sure are a forgiving bunch, especially towards Kevin, who I am sure will be betraying everyone for some new gang leader or anti Christ by next week.

There seems to be a law in Riverdale that you always have to appoint the most inappropriate person to a job. Betty's estranged mother gets to interview her on stage at the fan convention -- Toni's estranged ex-girlfriend gets to perform her wedding ceremony.

Honestly, in the scene where Toni and Fangs sat down with Kevin to tell him he was invited to their wedding, I was half expecting them to make him Best Man.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:03 PM, tennisgurl said:

My biggest laugh was Archie walking around with that giant thing of wood under his arms. Gee show, are you maybe going for some kind of symbolism there? Why don't you just stick him in a crown of thorns like in Rivervale and be done with it?

I enjoyed that as well. I also thought it was weird that the show tried so hard to flip things around so that Archie had no stake in this, couldn't be blamed for anything that happened, and was taking off his shirt completely selflessly -- via those scenes where he suddenly decided they should end the strike for everyone else's sake, and then everyone else was like, "No, no, Archie. We want to keep striking -- in fact, we insist." Because I guess he wouldn't have been a good martyr if he did this because he felt responsible when people got punished for the strike he started? IDK.

• Love 3

Kevin's probably is always the same. He just wants to fill this void that he thinks is broken in him and it makes him easily manipulated....

What confuses me is that Jug is not a first born, Charles was the first born.....unless only matters that he was the first born for Gladys?