Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Great Ex-pectations

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

The Nutjob who was going with Thomas last season from California, lol.

Is she the one that railed on Katheryn about what a bad mother she is while they were all on some trip they all took, she went on about how Katheryn would never have custody of the kids, well she wasn't wrong.  

To be clear she is not the one he got pregnant other than Katheryn, right?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, kristen111 said:

The Nutjob who was going with Thomas last season from California, lol.

Neither one was on last season.  Last season was also without Chelsea, Cameron, and Naomie.  It’s why they had to bring in Pringle, Leva, and Venita for filler.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Is she the one that railed on Katheryn about what a bad mother she is while they were all on some trip they all took, she went on about how Katheryn would never have custody of the kids, well she wasn't wrong.  

To be clear she is not the one he got pregnant other than Katheryn, right?

Yes, she said what a bad mother Katherine was. 

She is not the one who got pregnant, right.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Neither one was on last season.  Last season was also without Chelsea, Cameron, and Naomie.  It’s why they had to bring in Pringle, Leva, and Venita for filler.

You’re right.  Maybe that was the reason I didn’t watch the whole season, especially most of the end.  It was lots about Leva and the statues.  Btw, what happened to the restaurant owner with the four kids who was cheating?

• Love 1

What a farce that Birthday Party was.  I doubt Katherine has friends.  Who would want to be friends with her?  She sleeps with practically anyone, takes drugs, keeps losing her kids, drinks too much, etc.  30 years old and she’s shot.  A lousy Mother to boot.  A real hot mess.  I don’t think that was her boyfriend either.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

You’re right.  Maybe that was the reason I didn’t watch the whole season, especially most of the end.  It was lots about Leva and the statues.  Btw, what happened to the restaurant owner with the four kids who was cheating?

JD? He just fell off the planet. Deservedly.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
36 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

JD? He just fell off the planet. Deservedly.

It wasn’t just the cheating he was accused of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman (who was later charged with fabricating it) and passing a bad check.

• Mind Blown 7
  • Love 3

I decided to watch a couple episodes of Season 1 tonight. Shocked to see Leva in several scenes with Cameran, that far back. 

Danni had no interest in Thomas with his criminal past, but that didn’t bother Kathryn, OR her family. Him being 30 years older didn’t phase Kathryn’s family either. Now we can kind of see why she’s so messed up in the head. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
5 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

I decided to watch a couple episodes of Season 1 tonight. Shocked to see Leva in several scenes with Cameran, that far back. 

Danni had no interest in Thomas with his criminal past, but that didn’t bother Kathryn, OR her family. Him being 30 years older didn’t phase Kathryn’s family either. Now we can kind of see why she’s so messed up in the head. 

I will always maintain that Kathryn slept her way through the cast to get herself on TV. And getting pregnant... TWICE...was no mistake. She had dollar signs in her eyes. 

That sure backfired.

• Like 2
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
40 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

I will always maintain that Kathryn slept her way through the cast to get herself on TV. And getting pregnant... TWICE...was no mistake. She had dollar signs in her eyes. 

That sure backfired.

Well other than her brief stint at the department store she hasn’t had to work for ten years.

• Like 2
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

That sure backfired.

Hundred percent! Sleeping with Whitney was ONLY a casting couch move, just to get a place on the show. It was ALL only about dollar signs for her, she’s just a user. Used Thomas, and he used her as his egg donor.  Definitely backfired. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Well other than her brief stint at the department store she hasn’t had to work for ten years.

Now, we all have to watch Katherine all season?  Maybe Naomi trying to get Craig back?  Whitney picking crap up.  The boy’s livers dissipating?  When you think of all that have gone already .. it’s not good down there in Charleston.  I’m disappointed big time, but at least there’s a wedding coming up.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Thanks.  That’s why I don’t remember everything.  I probably didn’t watch half of last year when all the interesting ones left.  I really liked Cameron,as she kept the bad boys in line, like a Mother Hen.  Bet her Doctor husband didn’t want her on this show as it made her look bad, like some of the rest.  Plus, when they go to New York to film, they are probably out all night.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1
On 6/28/2022 at 6:20 PM, Sage47 said:

It is interesting how this can happen to some people (women). Metul intimidated her and she felt inferior to him, thus putting up with his condescending attitude towards her. Meanwhile, she felt very superior to Craig and let him know it.

I understand a lot of her frustration, Craig drove me batshit crazy! Still…why didn’t she just break up with him instead of belittle him constantly? Oh that’s right, then she would have lost her TV spot…

I think it's more that Naomie was the victim of the cycle of narcissistic abuse from both Metul and especially Craig. If you know, you know. And if you know, you also know it takes a while to break free of it. It's not like flipping a switch and walking out the door. It takes a lot of work, and the road out isn't perfect.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, RedDelicious said:

I think it's more that Naomie was the victim of the cycle of narcissistic abuse from both Metul and especially Craig. If you know, you know. And if you know, you also know it takes a while to break free of it. It's not like flipping a switch and walking out the door. It takes a lot of work, and the road out isn't perfect.

Oh boy do I know this. Sadly. 
I can see what you mean, mainly with Metul. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 6
On 6/27/2022 at 5:26 PM, aghst said:

I think production leases a place for her, to have something roomy and nice enough to shoot in.

Her real place probably isn't that nice.

What happened to that house that Kathryn inherited from one of her family members a season or so ago? I thought she was fixing it up to live in it permanently?? Or maybe she just leases apartments closer into town just for filming…hmmm…

• Useful 5
4 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

The scene of Naomi wanting the bagel or pastry and Metul not letting her have it really got to me.  I guess he’s a health nut, but she’s thin to begin with.  Guess it was a no carb or health thing, but I didn’t like it.  He was too controlling.  Then he cheats.  I think that really hurt her, especially having to move back to the South.  New York alone would have been too much for her.  You can’t just hop in your car and go to a store.  It’s more complicated than that.  He would be gone most of the time in the hospital or wherever, and she would have to fend for herself.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It wasn’t just the cheating he was accused of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman (who was later charged with fabricating it) and passing a bad check.

I couldn’t stand that creep bloviator from the start.  Him, in his fancy office pretending to own the restaurant and big family man.  I hope she took him to the cleaners, if he had anything to leave.  What an asshole.

• Love 8

I couldn’t stand that creep bloviator from the start.  Him, in his fancy office pretending to own the restaurant and big family man.  I hope she took him to the cleaners, if he had anything to leave.  What an asshole.

Yeah he had some bourbon that they were constantly plugging pre Trop Hop.

• Love 8
On 6/29/2022 at 12:52 PM, mandymax said:

Craig would drive me nuts if I had to deal with him on the regular.  But even at his worst, what I've always liked about him was that he clearly has compassion.  At the season 5 reunion when they were all calling Ashley out on her behavior and staying with Thomas, he did it pointedly but in such a way that wasn't belittling and that showed it came from a place of concern for her well-being.  In season 6, when they were all at the ski resort and Katherine was supposedly upset that Whitney denied having relations with her, Craig's point in confronting Whitney on it was "What does it cost you just to go talk to her and make sure she's okay?"  Even when he orders at restaurants, it's always "May I please have" and "Thank you very much."  When they're all vacationing together, he cooks for everyone.  Little things, maybe, but they all show that he was brought up right and taught to have manners and be nice to people.  Granted, that doesn't excuse his treatment of Naomie, but we all have our moments, and maybe that was the Adderall.

I see your point, but with some people who are narcissist, they manipulate people in various ways.  Some do it with charm, generosity, or fake concern.  They want their public persona to be impressive, so they can use it to their advantage.  I’ve known a few people who are that way.  From everything I’ve see from Craig, I see him that way.  I really hope Naomi doesn’t get fooled again.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 6/28/2022 at 3:32 PM, MrBuhBye said:

As long as it’s not Trop Hop.

Trop Hop.  Was it Austin’s own formula?  Who gave him starter money, parents?  Why isn’t he at the plant being busy?  Seems he has lots of time to bullshit with Shep about everyone.  I’m gonna look in my local Shop Rite for Trop Hop.  In N.Y. C.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Trop Hop.  Was it Austin’s own formula?  Who gave him starter money, parents?  Why isn’t he at the plant being busy?  Seems he has lots of time to bullshit with Shep about everyone.  I’m gonna look in my local Shop Rite for Trop Hop.  In N.Y. C.

It's a story line concocted for the show.  They had him go to a micro brewer and select different components like different kinds of hops and so on.

Bet rest of the time when they're off camera, nobody is thinking about or drinking it.

Guess the show didn't lead to big sales because it's probably not distributed outside of a few local bars and restaurants?  Is it even available at stores?

• Love 3
(edited)
On 6/29/2022 at 7:50 PM, kristen111 said:

What a farce that Birthday Party was.  I doubt Katherine has friends.  Who would want to be friends with her?  She sleeps with practically anyone, takes drugs, keeps losing her kids, drinks too much, etc.  30 years old and she’s shot.  A lousy Mother to boot.  A real hot mess.  I don’t think that was her boyfriend either.

It is very sad.  Yet, several other cast members do much of the same, except they don’t have kids…that we are aware of.  Lol.  I don’t see Shep or Craig as very different from Kathryn.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 6/29/2022 at 6:42 PM, kristen111 said:

Old Big dog J.D.  Hmmm.... guessing he moved to Miami or something.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/4/2022 at 9:59 AM, aghst said:

It's a story line concocted for the show.  They had him go to a micro brewer and select different components like different kinds of hops and so on.

Bet rest of the time when they're off camera, nobody is thinking about or drinking it.

Guess the show didn't lead to big sales because it's probably not distributed outside of a few local bars and restaurants?  Is it even available at stores?

I think it MIGHT be in the Charleston grocery stores.

• Useful 1
(edited)

Trop hop is probably just Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy with a little more citrus from grapefruit. Whatever. Not original and can't stand Austen one bit. Shep looks worse and worse. He ages 10 yrs each season. He's some diseased alkie. Then Kathryn mentioned she used a peel or something on her chin so that smeared lipstick look was just her makeup rubbing off and not covering her peeling she mentioned at the beginning of the party was happening.  Leva looks like "friend of" this year. Madison has no place here any longer so should be gone. Who cares about exes? Same for Naomi. She's not with anyone in the cast and only peripheral friends with SOME so bye bye! Glad to see Craig doing well and dating. Chleb is literally the Polish word for "bread" (pronounced hleb) so I can't stop seeing and thinking that when I see his name 😉. Lord help anyone who gets tangled up with Kathryn.  Also she was in a rage to leave bc she likely wanted to get back home for her fix of some sort. I do feel sorry for those who are slaves to addiction.  I wonder if she will ever get help. Nothing has helped so far even getting kids taken away. I am SO SAD about butler Michael.  He is adorable. 😕

Edited by Kdawg82
  • Love 6

His only chance was to get a lot of notoriety on the show maybe get a ton of social media followers and pimp the beer as much as he could.

But he'd have to invest money for a large production and he can't do that without a lot of advanced orders.

These bars and restaurants which serve micro brews probably have a selection of them and those are probably the result on long-standing relationships that these places have with distributors.

Maybe some celebrity-branded beers have succeeded but he's not that big of a celebrity and SC isn't even that popular even on Bravo.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 6/27/2022 at 6:26 PM, aghst said:

think production leases a place for her, to have something roomy and nice enough to shoot in.

Her real place probably isn't that nice.

Which perplexes me. Kathryn, Shep, Craig and Austen have been on the cast for long time now, they should be pulling in at least 200K per season. Surely she can afford a nice place. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, bichonblitz said:

Surely she can afford a nice place. 

I’m still wondering what happened to that family house she was supposedly ‘given’ that she was fixing up several seasons ago(wasn’t it her late mom’s place, or something?); wonder what happened with that??

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

This show is sinking faster than Jimmy Hoffa. The cast members are all the worst of the originals. The future of SC reminds me of the Shahs Of Sunset...cancelled on the down low and never to be heard from again. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, chenoa333 said:

This show is sinking faster than Jimmy Hoffa. The cast members are all the worst of the originals. The future of SC reminds me of the Shahs Of Sunset...cancelled on the down low and never to be heard from again. 

Funny you mention that, because I also sense a  very similar outcome for this show—not a huge Bravo show but known enough for a few of its “stars” to perhaps land the rest of them a spin-off when the show is finally cancelled a’la Reza, Mercedes, and GG((I could see the network doing the same for Shep, Craig, and Austen; or perhaps Patricia getting her own little show even)).

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Maybe a show with Patricia and Vanderpump with Whitney as the chauffeur. I don’t know that I’d watch it, but it amuses me to think about. 

Or Patricia could do a Blue Stone Manor/Ultimate Girls Trip redux and she could host select Bravo celebrities at her house for a week. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I like it! 

For the record it was also my idea of a Below Deck chef cook off with Ben (and Kate) as judges and I saw that Ben will be or has been a judge for some cooking show so I am full of great ideas, full. of. them! I told Andy C. but he never responded🤨

Patricia could also do a show about interviewing potential butlers, Michael's shoes will be hard to fill.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 7/28/2022 at 11:45 AM, Kdawg82 said:

Chleb is literally the Polish word for "bread" (pronounced hleb) so I can't stop seeing and thinking that when I see his name 😉. Lord help anyone who gets tangled up with Kathryn.  Also she was in a rage to leave bc she likely wanted to get back home for her fix of some sort.

Yes! And also means bread in Russian "Хлеб" or khleb.  He even said so at Olivia's party. Good observation that Kathryn abandoned her own birthday party to get a fix.

• Wink 2
On 7/31/2022 at 6:48 PM, Sun-Bun said:

I’m still wondering what happened to that family house she was supposedly ‘given’ that she was fixing up several seasons ago(wasn’t it her late mom’s place, or something?); wonder what happened with that??

It was sold after her mom died.  The people who bought it are restoring it.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Landmark---Historical-Place/Lewisfield-Plantation-Home-Remodel-112959206795824/

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 6/23/2022 at 10:47 PM, APK said:

I hope Naomie stops the cosmetic surgery. She’s beginning to loose her natural good looks.

I just tuned in to this show again, having not watched in years, and it’s great to see how “far” everyone has come. *sarcasm*

But nothing jumped out at me as much as Naomie’s lips! Yikes. 

• LOL 2
On 6/23/2022 at 10:22 PM, APK said:

That was terrible news concerning(butler) Michael. I hope Michael makes progress recovering from his stroke, however his age may set his recovery time back.

I was absolutely gutted when I saw this.  He's such a nice man and this is so sad to hear.  Patricia needs to hire a new butler ASAP because Whitney a) doesn't want to do the job, and b) is no good at the job.