Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Kindest Cut

• Start Topic

Oh thank goodness!  I was worried about Klaus! 

Oh my gosh the obliviousness is KILLING me!! 

also, pretty much hate Allison right now. I don’t care how upset she is what she did to Luther wasn’t cool. And I don’t trust her with Harlan. 

Pogo!!

• Applause 1
  • Love 15
10 hours ago, raeb23 said:

Allison is going through a lot but that's no excuse for what she did to Luther. I know it's unlikely but I hope they address it later.

Agreed. I was like, no Allison please don't do it. And she did.

I'm not seeing how this whole killing Harlan thing is supposed to help anything. These people never think anything through. Also, new Ben sucks. He's so childish. 

• Like 1
  • Love 12
4 hours ago, festivus said:

Also, new Ben sucks. He's so childish. 

So true. 

I know this show is pretty much based on the fact that they never really talk about stuff and run off in the middle of life changing and possibly apocalypse-averting conversations and then drop random tidbits of information in the middle of things but it's driving me more nuts than previously.

And Alison needs a chill pill. Not cool. I do NOT trust her right now.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

"I'll be damned if I go out with an old man tramp stamp." 😅

I'm so glad that Klaus got to meet his mother, and then came back to life. Diego and his son were funny, too. "You were going to dissolve the body???" 

Allison and Luther got disturbing, really fast. 

Edited by Anela
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't know if there's any coming back for Allison as a character. She attempted to rape Luther.

The only reason she apparently stopped her was not over any realization of the heinousness of such an act but because she became physically uncomfortable with how Luther was acting on her command.

I don't care about her pain over losing her daughter, or her jealousy of Sloane. I don't see any attempted justification that can suffice.

I tend to think TPTB didn't think through the ramifications of what they did. But I do suspect that they had to have an idea that there were fans who were rooting for a Victor/Allison romance to blossom, and they just gave a huge middle finger to them. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Like 1
  • Love 13

I'm not seeing how this whole killing Harlan thing is supposed to help anything. 

Harlan just took two of them out, and almost killed the other three. "Bring me Harlan" sounds like a very stupid plan. What makes them think he won't just kill them?

Funniest bit was Klaus coming back to life in the elevator. When Diego said "I thought you were dead" and Klaus said "So did I" then started laughing maniacally I just lost it.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Harlan just took two of them out, and almost killed the other three. "Bring me Harlan" sounds like a very stupid plan. What makes them think he won't just kill them?

Exactly.  How was Luther going to make him come with him?  Harlan is uncontrollable.  Only Viktor has a chance against him, if they don't kill each other in the process.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/23/2022 at 9:30 PM, festivus said:

Agreed. I was like, no Allison please don't do it. And she did.

I'm not seeing how this whole killing Harlan thing is supposed to help anything. These people never think anything through. Also, new Ben sucks. He's so childish. 

That is the most painful thing about the Umbrellas and the Sparrows. I guess Reginald couldn't get these children to sit down together and think critically about anything they do.  And the smartest one of these groups is also the most broken.

Allison is going to take Harlan right to the Sparrows, isn't she? 

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Love 1

So, part of Klaus' ability is being able to come back from the dead. How interesting, and at least we're finally learning a bit more about Klaus' abilities, which haven't been explored much. I do wish we got a longer sequence of Klaus with his mother. There was no need to rush through it, because I wanted to see the siblings' reactions to Klaus dying and then coming back to life. Yet another plot squandered.

What Allison did to Luther was pretty unforgiveable. Regardless of her emotional state right now, even Luther begged her not to do it and she did it. I'm not sure how she can come back from that, specifically. Using her powers to force Luther on her is just wrong.

Ben is a moron. I was actually excited at the prospect of more Ben, but this Ben is the worst, and an idiot to boot. "I'm gonna focus all my energy on this one man instead of this floating ball that's making people disappear!" Geez.

No wonder Viktor let Harlan go, but letting him go with an equally unstable Allison is not the answer.

Lila and Diego, I know you're getting your sexy time on, but can you focus on the secret door you just opened? Thanks. I will say, Diego's reaction to Klaus' death was very well done. And he stepped it up with Stanley, which was a surprise. But it was a mostly poor scene because they treated Klaus' death more casually than they should have.

• Love 8

I was hoping and praying that Allison wouldn't actually go there, and then she did. I know that Allison is going through a hard time, and she has used her powers for questionable things before, but trying to rape her brother is hard to come back from. I am glad that the show clearly seemed to know that this was a very bad thing, I hope that they don't brush it under the table, that was deeply uncomfortable, especially as Luther was begging her not to do it. Even when she stopped, it seemed to be less about her realizing that what she was doing was wrong and more about her being freaked out by how strong he was following her rumor. I don't trust her with Harlan at all, I think she'll do just about anything to reset the timeline. 

Very glad that Klaus quickly came back to life, so I guess this explains how he has survived this many drug overdoses over the years. I liked his adventures in the afterlife, I wish they had been a bit longer. Although the Oblivion guy's reaction to Diego and his son clearly trying to dispose of a body was hilarious. "I hope you win." No wonder Klaus loves this place. 

Pogo! Who's in a biker gang in this timeline, because of course he is. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7

I'm really hating Allison this season. I'm having a hard time caring about her losing her daughter when she only mentioned Claire once last season. If they had her say it and show it I would be more sympathetic. What she did to Luther was horrible.

I'm glad Klaus is back alive. He's my favorite. I loved his scenes in the after life. Especially with his mother. That was really great. I do wish we got to see his siblings reactions to his death. I'm also wondering how long it would take any of the Umbrella Academy to notice one of their siblings is missing. Luther was kidnapped and they didn't notice. Klaus was dead and they didn't notice. If Diego hadn't noticed the cleaning supplies Stanley had he never would have noticed Klaus was missing.

I do like how Diego handled it with Stanley. He was upset of course but didn't want to kill Stanley like Stanley thought. I do love their shock when Klaus returned.

I still feel bad for Harlan none of it is really his fault. All this happened because Viktor saved his life. That's so not fair. 

Ben's an idiot. Maybe you should focus on the ball that's taking people. 

I love that Pongo was part of a biker gang. How awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Klaus being the guy who talks to the dead and can also come back from the dead makes a lot of sense. And I love that Diego seemed most angry about Stan trying to dissolve the body. Not sure Klaus could've come back from that. 

Allison! Not cool. And Luther's "Don't do this" kind of broke my heart. 

• Love 3

Minus what Allison tried to do to Luthor, I have to say, this season has been a hoot and a half. The absurdity of this show has me laughing my head off. Klaus is such a maniac!

• Like 3

So Klaus has died 56 times, and neither he nor anyone around him has clocked that he has a resurrection power?!?

I mean, I get that a bunch of those were probably Reginald's experiments (yikes...), or ODs where it just seemed like the paramedics were able to bring him back (as seen in the pilot), or situations where it was easy to not notice/ assume it wasn't really deadly (as seen in the club scene in season one where we first saw him in the afterlife)... but seriously, 56 times??? Wouldn't Ghost Ben have been around for at least a few of them and been able to clue Klaus in?

And I realize Klaus has a lot to process right now, but is he going to remember that the menudo bison (buffalo?) is important? And at no point when they were cleaning/ having sex in the room did Diego and Lila start to wonder who it belonged to?

And speaking of no-one-ever-telling-anyone-anything is the fact that only Diego (and Stanley and presumably Lila) realize Klaus can come back from the dead going to be a relevant plot point later this season?

• Love 7
On 6/25/2022 at 12:16 AM, Daltrey said:

Is it just me or does she basically have this arc every season?

I feel like her arc in s1 was realizing how f-ed up (ab)using her power is. Her arc in s2 was being so traumatized by what she did that she refused to use her power, even when it could have really helped. Until she snapped and went overboard. And now in s3 she snapped and went overboard again, already? And not against someone she hates but someone she loves? I was loving that they were realistic with her grief over losing both Claire and Ray. And her sibling bond with Viktor continued to be a high point. Even blowing off some steam with Diego was great. But this turn… ugh. 

• Like 2
On 8/23/2022 at 9:40 PM, ahisma said:

I feel like her arc in s1 was realizing how f-ed up (ab)using her power is. Her arc in s2 was being so traumatized by what she did that she refused to use her power, even when it could have really helped. Until she snapped and went overboard. And now in s3 she snapped and went overboard again, already? And not against someone she hates but someone she loves? I was loving that they were realistic with her grief over losing both Claire and Ray. And her sibling bond with Viktor continued to be a high point. Even blowing off some steam with Diego was great. But this turn… ugh. 

I loved her arc of realizing how messed up it was that she used her powers to get everything she wanted her career and husband. It really was messed up. I loved her in season two not using her power. She earned everything she got including Ray. I loved her growing relationship with Viktor. I really hate what they did to her in season three.  

• Love 1