Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Seven Bells

• Start Topic

(edited)

Even though I knew Reggie was up to no good (in general) and lying to Luther (in that moment), DAMN did not expect cold blooded murder. OTOH, I did expect that the co-conspirator was Allison. Her total reversal was highly suspicious from word 1.

I had counted that there were 8 kids (including Lila), and since there were "7 bells" I wondered which one would be sidelined. I didn't think to also subtract Dad from that number. Poor Klaus! Was Reggie actually trying to save him because they had bonded? I kinda think so. Either that or his being immortal would mess with whatever this trap/situation is.

ETA: There was no direct indication that they needed exactly 7 people for 7 bells but since there were that many actual kids left I was thinking there might be a connection there?

Edited by snarktini
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

What the fuck? I’m sorry, but poor Luther and klaus.  

On 6/25/2022 at 9:38 PM, snarktini said:

Even though I knew Reggie was up to no good (in general) and lying to Luther (in that moment), DAMN did not expect cold blooded murder. OTOH, I did expect that the co-conspirator was Allison. Her total reversal was highly suspicious from word 1.

I had counted that there were 8 kids (including Lila), and since there were "7 bells" I wondered which one would be sidelined. I didn't think to also subtract Dad from that number. Poor Klaus! Was Reggie actually trying to save him because they had bonded? I kinda think so. Either that or his being immortal would mess with whatever this trap/situation is.

ETA: There was no direct indication that they needed exactly 7 people for 7 bells but since there were that many actual kids left I was thinking there might be a connection there?

He told him that he was more trouble than he was worth.  A bloody nightmare as a father, still.  

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Damn.  Honestly I expected Klaus to be left behind. Reginald spent all that time to train him up to cheat death; Klaus would have been the one to defeat the Swordsman, if not delay him from killing the others. 

We never got the full origin story on Reginald Hargreeves the alien.  Plus his wife was still on the moon in the area Luther couldn't access.

Poor Sloane. 

So we have 2 Sparrows and 5 Umbrellas to face Oblivion. There's that magical number 7.

• Love 2

This is where I started to feel like this season should have been eight episodes instead of ten. There's been an awful lot of talky talky while the universe collapses around them. I don't recall this being an issue in the previous two seasons. 

• Love 6

Jesus, I figured Reginald was going to be shady, just not "murder two of my children to get what I want" shady. I knew immediately that Allison would be the one who made the deal once she showed up in this episode and seemed...almost happy. But what kind of deal did she make with Reginald beyond going into Oblivion, and what is her endgame? Did she mean what she said to Viktor? Does she really care and does she feel bad about what she said? Or was it all a ploy and she's still pissed at him? Honestly, my first thought was that her plan is to sacrifice Viktor to save the world, no joke.

I didn't expect Luther to die, but it makes sense for him to be the one to bring everyone together. And I know they'll get him back, but will they get THIS Luther back or an alternate version? Now I feel like Sloane could stick around for season 4 with this.

I'm glad Five recognized it was a trap right away; just a shame he didn't figure it out sooner.

I knew there was 7 bells so some would have to sit out, but I assumed they'd all go in and they'd have an extra person just in case. Instead, Reginald sacrificed Luther and Klaus and made a new Seven. Although, with Klaus' immortality, does it really mean he's gone or is he just floating into nothingness or will he find a way into Oblivion or what?

• Like 2
  • Love 7

OK, there's supposed to be 7, but Lilia is pregnant (or so she says), wouldn't that make them 8? Is everything going to get screwed up because of that? Or maybe, that's how Christopher got created/born?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, GaT said:

OK, there's supposed to be 7, but Lilia is pregnant (or so she says), wouldn't that make them 8? Is everything going to get screwed up because of that?

No. Lila supposedly got pregnant while they were in Hotel Obsidian. She wouldn't have been pregnant long enough for the baby to register as its own entity yet. Or she was lying yet again. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

No. Lila supposedly got pregnant while they were in Hotel Obsidian.

Oh, really? I did not realize that. Seems too quick for her to even know in that case. Although, with this show anything goes lol.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Damn you Reginald! Why did you have to do that? It was nice seeing you being nice to your kids. I didn't get the feeling until the last episode that he was up to something. I wanted to being wrong for the siblings especially Klaus. That was so cold blooded the way he killed Luther and Klaus. Damn you too Allison.

I do like that the siblings were split on whether to go with Reginald's plan or not. Not trusting him because of the crappy way he treated them all those years to thinking maybe this time don't do anything because it's never worked out the last two times they tried to fix things. It made sense.

(edited)
On 7/1/2022 at 12:19 AM, GaT said:

OK, there's supposed to be 7, but Lilia is pregnant (or so she says), wouldn't that make them 8?

I don't think a brainless cluster of cells would make much difference at this point. She's first trimester at best and not even quickening.

Pregnancy tests these days apparently register within a day or so. This leads to a lot of unnecessary heartbreak since between one third and one half of all pregnancies miscarry before even the first missed period.

Edited by femmefan1946
On 7/1/2022 at 10:56 AM, Stardancer Supreme said:

No. Lila supposedly got pregnant while they were in Hotel Obsidian. She wouldn't have been pregnant long enough for the baby to register as its own entity yet. Or she was lying yet again. 

I think she was pregnant before, that was the whole point of bringing Stan: to test Diego. They hadn't been at the hotel long enough for her to get pregnant and know it already, but it has been at least a few weeks for her from Dallas to Obsidian

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
19 minutes ago, CailynA said:

I think she was pregnant before, that was the whole point of bringing Stan: to test Diego. They hadn't been at the hotel long enough for her to get pregnant and know it already, but it has been at least a few weeks for her from Dallas to Obsidian

Yes, exactly.

• Love 5
(edited)

No matter the timeline, Reginald is the absolute worst. I knew that this other Reggie was just as bad as the old one, but murdering two of his kids to advance his goals is unbelievably low. Now that Klaus and Luther are bother dead, they have to change the timeline to bring everyone back, right? They cant stay dead, right? 

Nice call back to the first episode, We Only See each Other for Weddings and Funerals, where Reginald killed himself as a ploy to bring the siblings together in the wake of his death to find out what happened as part of some convoluted plan. Pretty similar plan here, just with more cold blooded murder.  

The universe imploding on the Hotel Oblivion was beautifully shot and staged.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 7

The part that got me about this episode was the way the Brellies went from "count me out, I'm going to sit here and wait for the Kugelblitz to end the universe" to "hurry, get into the tunnel before you die!"

They talked a big game about being ready to see the world end but they sure ran into that tunnel quickly!

• Love 3
(edited)

Ugh!

I saw the Luther thing coming as soon as Reginald started to get in close, though I wasn't expecting it to be quite so violent. (And also... what was up with that alien tentacle? I know Reginald is an alien, but he was clearly holding the tentacle thing in his regular human hand in one of the shots... was that a huge special effects fail, or was it just an actual weapon that he somehow managed to keep hidden up his sleeve?) Didn't see the Klaus thing coming at all. I really hope Diego stabs Reginald as soon as he realizes what he did. (Of course, it's Klaus, so what are the odds no one even notices he's missing...) Five was the last one through the door before Reginald, so any chance he heard what he did?

I had a moment of hope there when the assembled kids said they needed to discuss what they were going to do "privately" after Reginald told them the plan, but then of course they didn't end up talking as a group, because that would have made too much sense... let's not ask Diego and Lila about what the Oblivion side was like, or have Five check everyone's alibis for last night while they're all together, or anything remotely useful!

On 7/10/2022 at 2:43 AM, Etta Place said:

The part that got me about this episode was the way the Brellies went from "count me out, I'm going to sit here and wait for the Kugelblitz to end the universe" to "hurry, get into the tunnel before you die!"

They talked a big game about being ready to see the world end but they sure ran into that tunnel quickly!

This!! Like, I get you don't trust Reginald (and rightly so), but if your options are literally A) the definite end of the world and B) hey, maybe you can do something to prevent it-- pick B! And do it ahead of time so you can strategize first! And if you're really committed to "everything we do only prolongs the inevitable"-- then stick to your guns! Maybe if someone had done that, Klaus would have been allowed in.

On 6/25/2022 at 9:38 PM, snarktini said:

I had counted that there were 8 kids (including Lila), and since there were "7 bells" I wondered which one would be sidelined. I didn't think to also subtract Dad from that number.

There were nine kids (Luther, Diego, Allison, Klaus, Five, Viktor, Ben, Sloane, and Lila), so subtracting Luther and Klaus still gives them seven. Reginald is entirely extraneous and I hope the seven kill him before getting down to business.

On 6/28/2022 at 9:29 PM, Stardancer Supreme said:

Plus his wife was still on the moon in the area Luther couldn't access.

Thank you, I had no idea who that was supposed to be...

So, open plot points/ questions going into the finale-- how will "ringing the bells" reset the timeline/ avert the apocalypse? Will Allison reap the karma of her shitty actions in any way, shape, or form? What is the significance of the white buffalo? What's with the creepy bugs? How will Klaus manage to save the day in Oblivion, and will he bring Luther's ghost with him? (If Klaus doesn't play some enormous role in this, I will be highly disappointed.) How will Five's "Don't save the world" advice play out, and will having the tattoo help him? Will I actually be satisfied with this ending???

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Love 2

I was all ready to say how much I liked Klaus teasing Ben for being open, and complain that Allison notably did NOT apologize to Viktor for murdering his stepson. But, eurgh, way too traumatized!

• Love 1