Type keyword(s) to search

Gypsy Sisters - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Oh, I'll admit I watched it.  I just can't quit the Stanleys.  Mellie's pregnant again, and this one's a girl.  Nettie's happy since she just loves all babies.

Kayla moved in with her hairdresser friend, Luke, who has a very nice home with expensive-looking antique furniture.  And he lets gypsies in the house!  Dude, haven't you seen the show?

That "gypsy stew" looked an awful lot like different kinds of canned soup mixed together.  Then they throw a bowl of dirty coins in it for good luck, and Kayla's the only one smart enough to say "I'm not touching that."

I did laugh at the end when all the girls had a talking head to wish us holiday goodness, and Mellie said, "Happy holidays.  Now fuck off." 

Edited by technorebel
  • Love 2

If they're going to pretend to have "parties" then maybe they should also have people at the party who aren't paid to be on the show. Kayla's "catered" party was deviled eggs, eggnog, & cupcakes. Yeah, paaarrrrrtttttaaaa.

• Love 1

Where do they find these outfits is what I want to know.  Mellie pregnant twerking in her cutout stripper dress was both one of the trashiest and funniest things I've ever seen.

I loved her Scrooge outfit at Nettie's party, though.

And a girl? I'm not surprised that her family already thinks the baby will grow up to be a mini-Mellie.

I really hate the talking heads these women do. They sound so fake and scripted.

Joann looked cute in her elf ears. She seems the most likable but I have to keep reminding myself of the Target scam. I thought Mellie's outfit made her look more like Mary Poppins than Scrooge.

Learned a new word - outbeat. As in Nettie saying that her party outbeat Kayla's. Lol

Wouldn't it be a hoot to have Mellie compete on DWTS.

• Love 2

I forgot to delete this from the DVR last night so I watched it again. I had to make a note of these gems:

Nettie: "Mellie is dancin like a stripper, I mean she had her ass goin a hundred mile an hour. And bein pregnant as far along as she is, she better watch, she gon shake that baby outta her."

Mellie: "Bahumbag"

Kayla: "My kids worked so hard on their gingerbread houses, and Annie come in and destroyed em like a Christmas Godzilla."

Mellie: "I was just havin fun throwin snowballs, I didn't know it was gonna hurt anyone's eyeballs."

I actually liked Nettie's pink Christmas tree, but that "electrical blue" tree of Kayla's looked hideous with the pink and purple boas on it.

I want those tiny purple trees on Nettie's table when they were eating cookies.

Kayla's kids seem like good kids.

• Love 2

Since I don't watch TLC anymore, I did not know that the sistahs were going to have a Christmas show until I saw it on my DVR.  I just watched it.

Sigh. Make that 56 SIGHS.  I promise not to moan and complain too much about those girls, but I do need to say a few thingys otherwise I'll

scream! 

First off, did y'all notice that there were a few boys in this show?  I believe that there have always been girls only, but perhaps people

complained that there weren't any boys other than little fat Richard (not my words; his mama's). And, why do people love train wrecks? I'm

speaking about Mellie. She is totally obnoxious, however, she has scads of air time. AND, that poor babe in her stripper's womb! A little girl........

I've got a headache just thinking about Mellie being the mama to a daughter. (Make that 89 SIGHS.)

I'll say it again:  At first, the show wasn't too bad. But there doesn't seem to be much for TLC to show us about those girls now other than Mellie

spittin' ,hissin' and cussin' so the context of the shows is smack down to zilch. Since I promised not to carry on complaining, I'll just say this

and be off, "Priscilla, Honey, if you're out there and not married, PLEASE, go back on My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. Please. I'm sure missing

you and Pat Baby. Y'all seemed like real gypsies."

Dang, since I do watch DWTS I do believe that I'd flip my ever loving mind if they signed on Mellie! Well, on second
thought, do you think that they could get Maks to return to dance with Dearest Mellie? He's the only one I can
think of who'd be "forceful" with her.

If they're going to pretend to have "parties" then maybe they should also have people at the party who aren't paid to be on the show. Kayla's "catered" party was deviled eggs, eggnog, & cupcakes. Yeah, paaarrrrrtttttaaaa.

The food at Kayla's party looked awful!  What was in the frosting on those cupcakes? It looked like it was melting off!  Nettie's Christmas soup didn't look any better.

TLC must be dropping their already low standards for what they air. Not only was it obviously not Christmas, it didn't even look like winter outside. I saw the first promo for this show at least a good 2 months ago, so I'm thinking early fall or late summer. You could tell they were not cold, outside in skimpy outfits in West Virginia while faking like its December.

I also noticed that Kayla's oldest daughter Danielle was nowhere to be seen. She was pissed at Kayla for the separation on the season finale, so I'm wondering if she's not speaking to her or something.

The only intelligent thing ever said on this show (said by Nettie): Mellie should get her tubes tied.

• Love 1

"TLC must be dropping their already low standards for what they air."    Well said Kellyee. In fact, that is exactly how I see TLC

now. For instance, take that Kate Gosselin and her nasty, phony-baloney self. Why in the world are they bringing her back?

She is a lying liar who lies shrew so TLC has gone around the bend to create a story line for that over processed, plastic creature.

Anyway, back to Gypsy Sisters, I would love to see a complete turn about within this show, but that ain't gonna happen

anymore than Kate Gosselin is gonna confess to having an affair with her "bodyguard". Sadly, I keep hoping that

Gypsy Weddings will return with neat and believable shows. Should TLC contact Priscilla and Priscilla is not already

hitched up, I will pay for half of that child's wedding dress! Now that will make a great story for her and I'll have the fun of

seeing something lovely and beautiful floating around in Gypsy Land.

Merry Christmas to all.  GRM

Can we start a piggy bank for Mellie's tubal ligation? And her kids' future psychotherapist bills? Geez!

Let's do a Kickstarter for Mellie's therapy and maybe her kids won't need any (or at least not need as many sessions).

• Love 2

Knowing Mellie, she will don a precious nickname on her girl too like she did "Fat Bastard" on poor baby Richard. What will it be? Fat butt? Big Butt Brandy? Heaven forbid " Fat Bitch"

How are we doing on the tie Mellie's tubes fundraising effort? ;)

• Love 4

Just to make things more interesting, I read somewhere that Richard (Kayla's estranged husband) has a girlfriend named Danielle (same name as his daughter) who is quite a bit younger and also some sort of a relation (cousin?) to him. Apparently he moved her in right after Kayla left.

Apparently he moved her in right after Kayla left.

What? Is he supposed to cook & clean for himself? Iron his own tee shirts? Scrub his own walls with bleach? Of course not, he's a man.

• Love 4

Nettie's stepson Rocky (real name Huey) was stabbed to death on Monday night.  He was involved in a fight at a basketball game at the Y in Kingsport, Tn.  Report stated that he was stabbed multiple times and died at the hospital.  The person who stabbed him has turned himself in.

Prayers for the family.

I don't believe that he has been shown on the show.

Season 4 premieres Sunday, May 31st.

And it looks like Kayla and Nettie are fighting again.  Anyone suprised?  Show of hands?

......who let the crickets in here?

• Love 3

And it looks like Kayla and Nettie are fighting again.  Anyone suprised?  Show of hands?

......who let the crickets in here?

And Mellie is being.....Mellie. I think TLC needs to rethink all their Gypsy shows, they've gotten very "wash, rinse, repeat"

• Love 2

Okay Richard really likes to keep in the family. I am going to explain this as simply as possible.Danielle is the sister of Lottie the girl who married Nettie's son Whittey. For those of who watched season one of Big Fat Gypsy Wedding she was proposed at Dallas' baby shower by Nettie's nephew Cody (he has the big ears and is very tall). He is currently in jail so I guess she left him. They also have a child. Lottie and Danielle have two brothers. One is James known as Jay. He is Dallas'ex husband and the father of her daughter Demi. He is also the one in the video Kayla showed Sheena of Bettie not getting out of her truck. He is trying to block his mother from hitting her. Their other brother,Jesse is in a relationship with Alyssa who was married to Nettie's son Heath. They have a baby.Also most recently Jay was dating Annie. These people really keep it in the family. They are also all somehow cousins.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just watched the upcoming seasons trailer and OMG at Baby Richards red hair, its like really copper lol ..wasnt expecting that.

11223917_466326126850018_153202376422326

11245431_467555950060369_1185813618_n.jp

She doesnt look as weird as when she was first born.

Edited by Dicey

The gypsy sisters are making some big changes! Now living under one roof, Kayla and Annie are enjoying the single life; a pregnant Mellie has moved in with Kayla and Annie leaving Nettie and JoAnn to question her allegiance which reignites old wounds.

Really enjoyed the first episode! Fun one but a crazy one.

I like the new Kayla. Shes living life by her own terms even though it's not approved of by the community of Gypsies especially Nettie.

Mellie makes me laugh because she can sure start the drama between Nettie and Kayla. Nettie is crazy though. Those eyes just be burn through your soul but she makes such great TV when she gets intense.

JoAnn shes a sweet girl. Really like her.

Annie did tickles me with the line of the night "A bunch of single bitches trying to be independent."

This season is going to be better than last season I think.

• Love 3

Poor baby Brandywyne Lavinya.

I haven't seen the episode yet, I'm working and my DVR is recording right now.  But holy crap, that is the kid's full name?!  Dear lord....

Is it a rule that eventually everyone on a reality show has to go ziplinging at some point?  Enough with the ziplining already.

Anyway.  Why was Nettie complaining about Mellie standing her up for zip lining?  She's hugely pregnant.  I guess she didn't mean Mellie had to actually zipline - even Nettie is not that demanding and self-centered.  But why would Mellie even go? To just stand around on the ground?  She shouldn't be climbing up to the platforms in her condition. Nettie is so all about Nettie.

How many time did someone mention that either they or their baby come out of someone's ... ?  pussy? c-word?  some other term for a vagina?  What was it they kept saying?    Jesus Christ, lol.  Usually I can tell what is being bleeped out, but with this crowd I am never sure. 

So how many of these chicks are getting divorced now?  Like 3 out of 4 or 5?  I think Nettie is the only one left who is married at this point.   

Mellie could barely keep a straight face during the baby shower fight.  Nettie seemed genuinely upset though.  Maybe she is just a better actress.

I hated Kayla saying how when she was with Richard she was under his thumb, but now that she was with someone else he would let her do what she wanted.  Oh Kayla, don't give anyone the power to let you do anything.  The other side of that is them not letting you do something.  You'll be right back where you were.   You are free, do whatever the hell you want.  Who cares what some man thinks of it! 

Maybe it was just her way of saying things are different now, and she didn't really mean to imply this new guy has any kind of control over her.  But there is something about a woman saying her man "lets" her do something that bugs me. 

• Love 2

I haven't seen the episode yet, I'm working and my DVR is recording right now. But holy crap, that is the kid's full name?! Dear lord....

In real time, we know that's the baby's name. She has a sister named Brandy, I don't know if her full name is Brandywyne or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Lavinya is probably a family name too. That baby is going to wish she was Kayla Marie. Even Nuckie had it better than baby Brandywyne.

Really enjoyed the first episode! Fun one but a crazy one.

I like the new Kayla. Shes living life by her own terms even though it's not approved of by the community of Gypsies especially Nettie.

Mellie makes me laugh because she can sure start the drama between Nettie and Kayla. Nettie is crazy though. Those eyes just be burn through your soul but she makes such great TV when she gets intense.

JoAnn shes a sweet girl. Really like her.

Annie did tickles me with the line of the night "A bunch of single bitches trying to be independent."

This season is going to be better than last season I think.

Joanne kills me with her talk of how she can't be associated with Kayla's partying. Uh, Joanne, you were arrested for running an elaborate scam at Target.

• Love 6

Poor baby Brandywyne Lavinya.

In real time, we know that's the baby's name. She has a sister named Brandy, I don't know if her full name is Brandywyne or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. Lavinya is probably a family name too. That baby is going to wish she was Kayla Marie. Even Nuckie had it better than baby Brandywyne.

Holy shit, I thought Isthisok was kidding when I read her comment, but she really did name the kid that! Since when do they have to name their baby after a sister? Is TLC making up Gypsy “traditions” for this show too? I got sick of their made up traditions on "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding", they were all so stupid. And there's another party with the same exact people that are on the show. Why do they keep having these fake parties when it’s so obviously set up?

• Love 2
(edited)

Holy shit, I thought Isthisok was kidding when I read her comment, but she really did name the kid that! Since when do they have to name their baby after a sister? Is TLC making up Gypsy “traditions” for this show too? I got sick of their made up traditions on "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding", they were all so stupid. And there's another party with the same exact people that are on the show. Why do they keep having these fake parties when it’s so obviously set up?

Is somebody going to carry out the ancient gypsy tradition of carrying a bucket of hay into the hospital for the birth?? MBFAGW has gotten ridiculous, and not in the awesome I Heart White Trash kind of way.

I am almost certain Nettie gives info to the Gypsy gossip sites to embarrass the other girls and make herself look better.

Edited by Isthisok
  • Love 3

I am almost certain Nettie gives info to the Gypsy gossip sites to embarrass the other girls and make herself look better.

I tried to find those sites but couldn't come up with anything, do you know their names or actual links?

The groups I belong to on Facebook is Gypsy Scandal and the TLC page Gypsy Sisters.  The girls are constantly on Scandal, but the language, spelling and grammar......yeah, this dropping out of school to get married thing is apparent. 

Did I just hear Dallas , of all people, call someone a whore ? In the season previews, she leans into a limo and is yelling to Annie, "Let me tell you something, if you're a whore you're a whore!"

Oh, Dallas; I guess whore-spotting is easy when you know what to look for.

I'll have to comment more after I re-watch the episode; thanks to thunderstorms, I dozed off during most of it.

• Love 1

Is TLC making up Gypsy “traditions” for this show too? I got sick of their made up traditions on "My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding", they were all so stupid.

I originally thought (based on the start of the wedding series, not what it became) that some of the actual traditions were marriage-for-life, strict gender roles, no drinking for the ladies, etc. But these chicks are mostly crass, divorced drunks with multiple baby daddies.

• Love 4

I thought it was HILARIOUS that Mellie was allowed to have 2 kids out of wedlock aka be a "dirty girl" but was given hell for potentially naming her daughter after a cousin instead of sister. These women...

• Love 3