Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Holey Moley, it's the Muppets!

• Start Topic

America's favorite mini-golf competition series swings back into action with a super-collaboration for the ages as The Muppets head to the "Holey Moley" course determined to help the show stay on air fore-ever. In the premiere, eight contestants face off for the golden putter, coveted plaid jacket and a spot in the finals as they fly through the air on The Trap-Tee-Zee, dive through Donut Hole, bring their A-game to Holeywood and make their mark on Full Mooney. Commentating duo Rob Riggle and Joe Tessitore return, along with sideline correspondent Jeannie Mai, resident golf pro Stephen Curry and more surprise guests.

The Muppets don't add anything but so long as they stay at the commercial breaks, I can put up with it. Why does the Polecano zipline stop before reaching the pole? I liked the moon hole, people do have a chance to make it across. Jaime was quite good, I'm glad she won.

• Love 4

Agree, Muppets add nothing, but the rest of the craziness is just as enjoyable as ever!  To answer the above question regarding the Polecano, the zipline stops to enhance the chance the contestant will fall into the water of course.  I really thought Jaime did great and so glad she won.  Happy this silly show is back.

• Love 2
(edited)

I bet if the Polecano zip line went all the way to the pole, that people would slam into it full force.  I'm wondering if someone was injured doing Polecano?   I bet the Polecano is set so everyone stops short, and only hits the water, not the pole and the bottom supports. 

I like the new Trapeze hole, and that the trapeze dummy is Rob.  Poor Stephanie, and Nick the Cosmic Cowboy.   I love Stephanie's light up shoes.   I love the Full Mooney hole. 

I read an interview with Rob and Joe, and the back story fascinated me.    They filmed this season 4, right after filming season 3.    They start filming after nightfall, and continue until sunup.    The cups they're drinking from are just coffee, not booze.  They're not loaded, they're just punchy from lack of sleep.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 2

I feel like the Polecano zip line used to run straight into the pole, so the contestants weren't trying to launch themselves at it, but I always wondered how their weren't any broken faces/noses when that happened, so maybe there were? But the first contestant was definitely not expecting it to stop where it did, so it seems like the stunt staff should have mentioned that the event had changed?

I love Muppets, but I didn't get why they were there (is there a new Muppet show/movie/product coming out?). I'm not entirely sure we need a conceit for the show each season either (last year it was taking Holey Moley pro, this year it's saving the show?). I assumed it was filler since the holes don't seem to take that long, but then we get things like "while you were away, this player messed up in the donuts and the next player already shot his ball." Like it's not a live show, why are you editing out the actual action?

Loving the Riggle dummy with the trapeze (can't wait to see someone actually make the catch!) and the moon ball thing was awesome. I was also VERY proud of the show for not making the dumb/obvious/horrible joke when the Native player and the "Cosmic cowboy" player were facing off. Not saying that's Riggle's comedy or that it's a big sacrifice, but just nice to see them not mention that trope at all.

And of course, proud that a woman won as they haven't been as lucky in past seasons!

• Love 4

So glad this is back. I agree with everyone that the Muppets added nothing, but at least they were just at breaks, thank goodness. I also wondered about the Polecano zip line stopping so far from the the pole, no way could anyone make it. I did like all the new holes and all the players this time. I was rooting for the Native guy but was okay with Jaimie winning. Great way to lighten up a Tuesday night for me.

• Love 3

Muppets were way overused, especially when they forced them to edit down the Donut Hole. I’ll be using the FF button more in the future if they’re still around.

Zipline stopped short of the pole on last season’s Polecano, but this one seemed to stop even shorter.

• Love 2

Glad it's back and dig the new holes. I hope they got rid of hole #2 only because they kept the popcorn hole. They are the same. Running on the rolling moon was a cool challenge. 

That was probably the funniest polecano yet. Reminded me of the operators for a mechanical bull.

My guess with the Muppets is that they will be part of the final hole at the end of the season. It was a lot of filler though.

• Love 1

“Dummy Rob” is this season’s Uranus? That joke won’t get old over the next 4 months. I paused it when they were showing one of the overhead shots and Port-a-Potty was there. In addition to the games they played tonight I could make out the pinball game where you have to jump from one flipper to another, Fishing Hole, and the Distractor. It looked like there were a couple more that are either new or I couldn’t see clearly enough.

The Muppets will be here all season and a big part of some “story” that involves them helping Rob and there will be scripted discussions for the booth according to this interview. The muppets are even worse than the diving hole. At least that one wasn’t in every episode let alone every commercial break.

There’s too much filler crap, and they basically skipped a match-up (“while you were away…”) The show doesn’t feel organic any more, and that was a big part of its appeal to me.

• Love 3

I'm glad the Muppets didn't take away from the usual background characters (the gophers, etc) but I don't understand the whole idea with them - it seemed like Riggle was fired? but obviously not - so he thinks he needs the Muppets to save the show? Looks like Stef is the one with less time!

I don't know -  just glad it's back!

• Love 1
(edited)

I love the Muppets, so they were used just enough here without being too much. I especially loved Rob trying to get translations for the Swedish Chef and the other two, but they just weren't cooperating, plus Rob's meeting with Pepe the Prawn King. The episode overall was enjoyable

Edited by DanaK
  • Love 4

Glad there was no Steph. Also didn't see a need for the Muppets. Just show the mini golf it's enough for me. Also Joe seemed irritated and not just acting that way. Maybe Rob gets to be too much for him?

• Love 1

The Muppets aren't what they used to be so I'm not real glad to see them here, but their filler isn't taking up any more time than other running "plots" they've had in past seasons. It's the same as the press conferences where Steph was trying to take Holey Moley professional last year. And they've done the "while you were away" editing of holes many times before, so the Muppets, pointless as they are, aren't the cause of that, either.

Jaime was so normal it was almost weird 😆, but I liked her so kudos! Also impressed with Michaela's windmill dodging and Kasey's moves on the moonwalk and cornhole. Should be another good summer!

I don't like that this started a month early.   They usually draw 9 episodes over 3 1/2 months with lots of breaks and repeats so I'm thinking this season will be a real slog.

The Muppets are better than the taking Holey Moley pro schtick.   If the final hole was based on The Muppets it might be worth these asides, but since they copped out on the final hole last year and just linked 3 regular holes, I'm not expecting much.