Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Slipping

• Start Topic

Maggie and Gary go to great lengths to entertain an unexpected visitor, Regina fears Tyrell is moving too quickly with a new love interest, and Rome supports a student who is ready to reveal their truth.

Original airdate 5/4/22

• Useful 2

I love how TV workplaces just let anyone claiming to know an employee just come on in and surprise them. Especially someone who's had a stalker sending letters to that very workplace not too long ago.

So Tyrell is hiding Val's (hey, I remembered her name!) daughter in his room but then he's being all lovey-dovey with her in sight of the food truck? Are we sure he's smart enough to go to Yale?

Way too much Theo tonight.

I feel like Anna should maybe start with a good therapist to unpack all the stuff with Peter, rather than AA.

Can't decide which is worse, Katherine's weird uneven straight bob...thing, or the curls.

Is the girl in the car gonna pull a Gary on Anna?

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Is it just me or was this kind of weird? 

Don't know what to say. I noticed David Giuntoli directed. So I kept paying attention to the direction, hoping he has some kind of style. It was nicely directed, but other than the scene where Gina is hearing noises in the apartment and the scene at the end, nothing really stood out.

Not a lot of high points, but not a lot of low points. Just kind of weird and meh. Although, again, the food truck in front of a high school???? And why does Gina need a cast iron skillet in a food truck?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I knew something was up with the girl at Sophie's group but wasn't sure what. At first I thought she was a fan of Peter's and went to try and prove them wrong, but now I am not so sure. I guess it was good the other girls got to meet, but posting an invite like that on social media seems asking for trouble.

I am not sure what they are setting up with Katherine. I thought she may not want to tell Greta about the actress because she wasn't out, but now clearly Greta will figure it out. I wasn't sure why she wouldn't tell actress-lady about Greta, since she has been pretty into Greta until now. 

I didn't think Rome should have called Maggie's show about his student being trans before the student came out, just in case anyone figured out who he was. But I guess that part actually worked out. But poor Madison/Maddox that his parents weren't supportive. You'd think Rome would have asked about his family and been worried about that before being worried about kids at school?

I think it is funny that Regina only asked Tyrell if he was moving to fast after he posted a picture on Instagram. Not about them having sex, she was just worried about them being "official." I hope they don't try and make the girl look clingy and somehow bad for Tyrell.

I can't remember why Maggie hates her mother. I guess I'm glad they are making progress though? I like the actress playing her mom so I'd like to see her again. But I will say, I am not sure getting an abortion is something all women would tell their mother, even if they are close? 

• Love 4
(edited)

Yeah, Gina….omg, to be a food professional, she sure does struggle to get her act together.  It seems that she has forgotten food items, burned them or gotten them mixed up…..lol…every time she has done a job.    We used to make fun of the crazy people in movies who would hear a strange noise in the house and shout out, Who’s there?  🤣 Like, an intruder is going to respond, I’m Kenny, a burglar and I’m here to rob and kill you, now that you know who I am. Lol  Tv kids sure are bold to bring lovers right into their homes.  Is that common now?  

I laughed when Theo exclaimed how excited his little friend was about the sunrise view from their balcony!  Really?  Twelve year olds get excited over a sunrise?  That’s weird to me.  I didn’t get into stuff like that until I was in my 40’s!  I’m not kidding. Lol

All the sack jokes were kinda funny….Gary,  

Well, I think we know who killed Peter.  But, why?  Who is she?  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

This show seems to be more and more Maggie-centric, if that's even possible. I have never liked her except for when she was in London and wished she had stayed there. Too much Sophie and any Theo is too much.

What is with the Catherine curls? I am guessing we are in for a Greta manic episode.

Anybody know if this has been renewed? Think I'm out after this season since I can't come up with one positive thing to say about it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

Good casting - Maggie’s mom looks and moves like her.

I guess the support group gives Sophie a storyline that keeps her in town - and creates a new connection for Sophie & Eddie through Anna.

So a love triangle for Katherine? None of this makes sense anyway, so why not?

I like the kid who plays Theo - always glad to see him.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I love how TV workplaces just let anyone claiming to know an employee just come on in and surprise them. Especially someone who's had a stalker sending letters to that very workplace not too long ago.

So Tyrell is hiding Val's (hey, I remembered her name!) daughter in his room but then he's being all lovey-dovey with her in sight of the food truck? Are we sure he's smart enough to go to Yale?

Way too much Theo tonight.

I feel like Anna should maybe start with a good therapist to unpack all the stuff with Peter, rather than AA.

Can't decide which is worse, Katherine's weird uneven straight bob...thing, or the curls.

Is the girl in the car gonna pull a Gary on Anna?

So sick of Theo.  Baby Theo never ever comes off sounding or acting like a real kid.  

Katherine, please get a haircut.

Greta, harness the power of your hair and leave.

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)

What the hell did Katherine do to her hair? Its bad enough that Greta's hair always looks roadkill, did she want to get hair stupid enough to match her girlfriend? Were the matching pajamas not enough coordination? I continue to think that Katherine and Eddie should consider taking Theo to a therapist to talk about why he's almost a teenager but still acts like a three year old.

Is it me or does Regina kind of suck at the food game? She always seems to be forgetting food items, letting random kids take her food to deliver it, doesn't think its a big deal when her employees screw up big orders, getting things mixed up, parking her food truck in front of schools without permission, getting mad at random people, I can kind of see why her restaurant didn't last, even without COVID. Regina and Rome certainly are more open minded were, if I brought someone home to mess around with, even at eighteen, they would NOT have been laughing that one off, I would be in all kinds of trouble. 

The lady playing Maggie's mom does look a lot like her. I wish I could remember what exactly their damage is, I think Maggie felt like her mom checked out after her brother died? Then became weirdly attached to the guy who got his heart? So much soap opera stuff happens on this show I get things mixed up.

So Maddox is fine at school, but his parents are less accepting, which is exactly the way I expected this story to go. Everyone baton down the hatches, we have a lot of speeches coming our way.

The support group seems nice in concept, but I feel like posting about it on Facebook is asking for trouble, especially with this possible stalker girl who might have killed Peter and is looking to do the same to Anna.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)

13 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Well, I think we know who killed Peter.  But, why?  Who is she?  

She seemed more upset/traumatized than the other girls at the group...I found myself wondering if Peter did more to her than just trick her into letting him film her dancing in a swimsuit. I'm guessing she doesn't believe that Anna didn't know/suspect anything.

Will Anna and her super-vision/memory notice her watching from her car across the street? It wasn't even dark out.

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I didn't think Rome should have called Maggie's show about his student being trans before the student came out, just in case anyone figured out who he was.

This absolutely should not have been done.  Maddox makes a video to Rome where he says Rome is the FIRST person he is coming out as trans to and Rome then *immediately* tells Gina and then calls into Maggie’s RADIO SHOW to potentially out him without permission yet again (it would not take a straight-A student to put the pieces together to ID Rome and/or Maddox.)  It is not your place to give out that information, Rome, and since Maddox made a big deal about entrusting you with that information, you should’ve remained trustworthy.  I get that your circle is the group with absolutely zero boundaries but other people have them.

Can Maggie and Gary just have the baby already so I don’t have to hear one more joke about his sperm?  Please?

Does this show have a stalker quota to fulfill or something?  As soon as one exits, another one must take its place?

• LOL 4
  • Love 12

This show is a prime example of a writer having an idea about suicide with nowhere to go.  It started off promising but immediately went off the rails. Did they not expect it to be renewed? Because it’s just all over the place with crazy improbable story lines. The original husband is dead and his wife is MIA in Paris. The rest of these idiots are blundering around in their own stupidity. This is TV at its worst. I half watch and still see too much. I’m joining Ryan Seacrest. I’m out. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Lethallyfab said:

This absolutely should not have been done.  Maddox makes a video to Rome where he says Rome is the FIRST person he is coming out as trans to and Rome then *immediately* tells Gina and then calls into Maggie’s RADIO SHOW to potentially out him without permission yet again (it would not take a straight-A student to put the pieces together to ID Rome and/or Maddox.)  It is not your place to give out that information, Rome, and since Maddox made a big deal about entrusting you with that information, you should’ve remained trustworthy.  I get that your circle is the group with absolutely zero boundaries but other people have them.

Can Maggie and Gary just have the baby already so I don’t have to hear one more joke about his sperm?  Please?

Does this show have a stalker quota to fulfill or something?  As soon as one exits, another one must take its place?

Yeah, this show downplays stalking too much, imo.  They are also way too casual with private information being made public. The whole call in to Maggie’s  show from Roman about a student was horrible.  Anyone from Roman’s class or school could recognize his voice.  Just outrageous. Then to laugh about his pitiful attempt to disguise his identity, placing further emphasis on his ruse….  Just absurd.  I’m convinced the guy who supposedly writes this show has given up and pawned it off on some high school students.  Adults are normally smart enough to know better than what we see in this program.  🙄 Like insurance pays the cost of infertility treatment when you’re not infertile?  Please.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, ams1001 said:

She seemed more upset/traumatized than the other girls at the group...I found myself wondering if Peter did more to her than just trick her into letting him film her dancing in a swimsuit. I'm guessing she doesn't believe that Anna didn't know/suspect anything.

Will Anna and her super-vision/memory notice her watching from her car across the street? It wasn't even dark out.

Could be. Or, I wonder if she believes she really was the love of Peter’s life and she’s there to seek revenge.  It’s difficult to know at this point.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

We used to make fun of the crazy people in movies who would hear a strange noise in the house and shout out, Who’s there?  🤣 Like, an intruder is going to respond, I’m Kenny, a burglar and I’m here to rob and kill you, now that you know who I am. Lol  Tv kids sure are bold to bring lovers right into their homes.  Is that common now?  

Yeah, if there was a burglar in my apartment/house, I would not yell out to alert anyone that I'm there.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, historylover820 said:

Yeah, if there was a burglar in my apartment/house, I would not yell out to alert anyone that I'm there.

Me either.  If I heard a noise in my supposedly empty house, I’d exit pronto!  Then go down the street to safety and text my family to see if any of them were inside before calling 911.  

• Love 1

Rome calling a radio show to talk about his student’s biggest secret, shocking!!! 🙄🙄🙄

Did the writers forget about how they wrote Katherine back in S1 and S2? She’s allergic to lies.

Glad to see Patricia again after the Eric’s heart debacle. And now she is tangled in Gary’s sperms fiasco! Do we need to be told (again) re how amazing Maggie is? Maggie is smart. Maggie is funny. Maggie is so awesome and very open minded, even her boyfriend can talk about his lazy swimmers to her mom. Geez! 🤮

Story about Tyrell and Vali is so unnecessary, just a waste of screen time.

Who is this redhead Kai? Saw some online theories about her being Peter or Anna’s secret child etc. The actress looks familiar though.

I love the scene where Anna joined Sophie’s group meeting. It’s heartbreaking. Erin Karpluk is a much better actress than Stephanie Szostak. Why can’t they cast her as Delilah in the first place? If they do, we won’t have this stupid running to France’s storyline. 🙄

• Love 4

I kind of liked this episode. The red headed chick and her story has now intrigued me and I’m interested to know what her deal is. The actress who plays Anna sounds like she has a bubble in her throat when she talks and it bothers me. 

I liked Katherine’s curls. Didn’t she and Shanice just make out a couple times? Why was she acting like they had some major history together? And at any point, Katherine could have dropped a “my girlfriend…” or told Greta that she made out with Shanice once. They made that into way bigger of a deal than it should have been.  

• Love 6
(edited)
On 5/4/2022 at 10:02 PM, ams1001 said:

There are also other programs that help people besides AA.  The SMART program, for example, is the antithesis of AA where you "check your power at the door," as Anna said.  SMART stands for Self Management and Recovery Training, and helps people develop the power within themselves to change and control their addictive behavior.  That seems like a program that would fit Anna lot better than AA.

14 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I continue to think that Katherine and Eddie should consider taking Theo to a therapist to talk about why he's almost a teenager but still acts like a three year old.

I couldn't stop laughing when he couldn't zip up his little bag and needed help.

Edited by izabella
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
On 5/4/2022 at 11:56 PM, KaveDweller said:

I didn't think Rome should have called Maggie's show about his student being trans before the student came out, just in case anyone figured out who he was.

But that is consistent with the characters, not caring about other people's privacy. And, true to form, Rome told Gina something he was told in confidence

On 5/4/2022 at 11:59 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I laughed when Theo exclaimed how excited his little friend was about the sunrise view from their balcony!

It is the time/space hole again. But soon enough Katherine reminds us that she will soon put Theo to be, because he is 12 going on 4 and needs to be tucked in 

18 hours ago, nexxie said:

Good casting - Maggie’s mom looks and moves like her.

I noticed that too.  Even the way they gesture and snark is the same. 

i prefer the mother. Less screen time

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, izabella said:

I couldn't stop laughing when he couldn't zip up his little bag and needed help.

Items were still protruding from the friggin’ bag, yet he was supposedly trying to zip it closed.

They write terrible dialogue for this character, and then the actor’s delivery and hyper-earnest facial expressions really take me out of the scene.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, hoosiergirl said:

I liked Katherine’s curls. Didn’t she and Shanice just make out a couple times? Why was she acting like they had some major history together? And at any point, Katherine could have dropped a “my girlfriend…” or told Greta that she made out with Shanice once. They made that into way bigger of a deal than it should have been.  

Yes. I didn't understand why this was such a big deal.

Shanice helped Katherine come out, but they weren't dating. So, it shouldn't be that big of a deal that Katherine found a girlfriend. Again, they weren't dating.

The only two reasons why this should be a big deal to Greta is that without Shanice, it may have taken Katherine longer to come out, if she would have come out at all, and the fact that Katherine made out which an actress that Greta likes--just for curiosity. ("Oh my gosh! You made out with Shanice Williamson? What was it like? How did she kiss?" etc).

I mean, I'd be asking my boyfriend the same things if I found out that he made out with an actress that I like.

• Love 4
On 5/5/2022 at 7:39 PM, ams1001 said:

Because she looked more traumatised than the other girls I got the feeling that maybe Peter had raped her.

I liked Catherine's curls; at least they disguised the uneven hair length. Why does Catherine always look sooooooo uncomfortable? 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, christie said:

Because she looked more traumatised than the other girls I got the feeling that maybe Peter had raped her.

I liked Catherine's curls; at least they disguised the uneven hair length. Why does Catherine always look sooooooo uncomfortable? 

Good point.  She is almost never at ease and relaxed.

• Love 5
On 5/5/2022 at 12:39 PM, ams1001 said:

The writers didn't present enough to us to know if she was raped or physically abused. Emotional and psychological abuse can leave as deep a trauma as physical abuse. Now that she knows the truth, she might have realized that the whole relationship was a farce, that he was using her too, manipulating her. It is all speculative because, again, the writers don't seem to care about context and just make up things as they go, the stories are disjointed and don't make much sense half the time.

But emotional abuse is abuse, so the weight of her shame for not doing much, plus her own trauma could make her more visibly shaken

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, circumvent said:

The writers didn't present enough to us to know if she was raped or physically abused. Emotional and psychological abuse can leave as deep a trauma as physical abuse. Now that she knows the truth, she might have realized that the whole relationship was a farce, that he was using her too, manipulating her. It is all speculative because, again, the writers don't seem to care about context and just make up things as they go, the stories are disjointed and don't make much sense half the time.

But emotional abuse is abuse, so the weight of her shame for not doing much, plus her own trauma could make her more visibly shaken

Yeah, it could be anything with these writers. I'm guessing we'll find out next week...

• Love 3

I don't think Peter actually raped the stalker girl (blanking on her name) because that wasn't his M.O.  That would be sending the message that physical sexual assault/rape is more deserving of being traumatized than the abuse of power in a sexual way (not to mention Peter jerking off in front of Sophie and probably the others too).

What she's up to is anyone's guess!  She seems to be interested in Peter's death and his widow Anna.  If it was all about what Peter did to her, why stalk Anna?

• Love 1

I would say that it’s because she thinks Anna is complicit but Anna made it pretty clear in that meeting that she wasn’t and still got stalked.  Unless she’s actually stalking Eddie, for some reason to be determined?

Have we ruled out that she’s secretly Peter’s long lost love child from an affair and is finally investigating her roots?

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I can't tell if it's just bad acting or what but it's not good. 

Yeah, I can't either.

2 hours ago, CrystalBlue said:

Perhaps Katherine is uncomfortable being a lesbian.

She seemed super uncomfortable before she came out

• Love 6
On 5/8/2022 at 6:14 PM, CrystalBlue said:

I don't think Peter actually raped the stalker girl (blanking on her name) because that wasn't his M.O.  That would be sending the message that physical sexual assault/rape is more deserving of being traumatized than the abuse of power in a sexual way (not to mention Peter jerking off in front of Sophie and probably the others too).

No one is diminishing anyone's  assault experience,  but it's hard to believe that physical assault isn't considered more traumatic than a power move?  Is this the current thought process?

39 minutes ago, mansonlamps said:

No one is diminishing anyone's  assault experience,  but it's hard to believe that physical assault isn't considered more traumatic than a power move?  Is this the current thought process?

I guess that depends on who you ask.  I don't think that being an actual rape victim turns women into stalkers, like as depicted on this show if the gal who followed Anna and Eddie to Anna's house is a rape victim, which we don't know as of yet.  I'm not thinking that is the message the writers are trying to send, but I don't know.  She may be following Anna for another reason, even though Anna made clear at the meeting she was appalled at Peter's actions.

On 5/5/2022 at 3:33 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

The whole call in to Maggie’s  show from Roman about a student was horrible.  Anyone from Roman’s class or school could recognize his voice.  Just outrageous.

I agree with you that he shouldn’t have called.  I think he could’ve told Gina but in a general way, but not use names. But the amount of teens listening to a call in radio show has got to be real low. 
(I finally watched the last 4 shows in the season that have been hanging on my dvr for awhile.)

Edited by Tdoc72