Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: A Happy Sending

• Start Topic

I can’t help but enjoy how Lindsay’s absolute disinterest in Paige and Ciara’s opinion just winds them up.

You just know that Paige will not stand for Linds and Carl detracting from the greatest love story ever told between her and Craig.

I predict sheer messiness at the reunion.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
(edited)

Kyle’s cousin finally made an appearance on SH 😆

ETA: He lives just a few miles away from me and we ran in the same going out crowd like 12 years ago 😳 I feel so old and nostalgic 🍸 

8212DD6E-1FC8-4441-B2B3-C24EBE10D5C7.jpeg

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

Kind of a boring episode.

Glad there was barely any stupid Austen.

I think Alex is insulting Austen in the previews and it makes me finally kind of like him lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I have stated that I actually like a lot of the "dull" episodes, but I admit this one a lot less so.   Weddings are just the stupidest, followed closely by births.  Congratulations, you're doing what everyone else on the planet has been doing for millennia, snore.

It does seem as if while the reunion might be stupid yet intriguing fights, I also wouldn't entirely trust full spontaneity vs. planned drama.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

In the scene where Lindsay and Carl were talking about their feelings for each other I was completely distracted by Lindsay’s sunburn/bikini lines. She had the weirdest little pale triangle on her chest and I kept trying to figure out if it truly was a bad sunburn followed by wondering why she’d wear a dress that highlighted it so much.

So yeah, the episode was boring 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
11 hours ago, bosawks said:

You just know that Paige will not stand for Linds and Carl detracting from the greatest love story ever told between her and Craig.

I do think Lindsay has been 100% right on her singledom attitudes against everyone else's weird-ass puritanical prudery; but it's difficult because I feel she's always been 100% wrong on everything else.  And while I also like New Carl, he has a very long history of self-centered douchebaggery that to me he hasn't yet fully atoned for. 

I guess while Paige and Craig are really really annoying in their own ways, I have subjectively (and granted, more previously) found both Lindsay and Carl to be actively evil jerks.  

In the battle of the low bar, I still have to put Paige and Craig ahead.

Edited by Lassus
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, TeeMo said:

In the scene where Lindsay and Carl were talking about their feelings for each other I was completely distracted by Lindsay’s sunburn/bikini lines. She had the weirdest little pale triangle on her chest and I kept trying to figure out if it truly was a bad sunburn followed by wondering why she’d wear a dress that highlighted it so much.

That made me like Lindsay a little more, I too have experienced sunburn marks without contemplating what I had going on later.....

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Lassus said:

I do think Lindsay has been 100% right on her singledom attitudes against everyone else's weird-ass puritanical prudery; but it's difficult because I feel she's always been 100% wrong on everything else.  And while I also like New Carl, he has a very long history of self-centered douchebaggery that to me he hasn't yet fully atoned for. 

I guess while Paige and Craig are really really annoying in their own ways, I have subjectively (and granted, more previously) found both Lindsay and Carl to be actively evil jerks.  

In the battle of the low bar, I still have to put Paige and Craig ahead.

I don't think you have to choose, you can still think they are both terrible 😉

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, bosawks said:

I don't think you have to choose, you can still think they are both terrible 😉

EVERYONE WILL BE PROPERLY RANKED AND ORDERED

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
(edited)

I might be off on a island by myself but I don't think people were judging Lindsey over the amount of sex she had this Summer. Rather, it was the way she treated each one like a true romance instead of the casual hook-ups they actually were. I often feel as if her every move is calculated for maximum dramatic potential (including this dalliance with Carl, just in time for the wedding). I'd be annoyed as her housemate as well.

Amanda looked beautiful on her wedding. I loved the dress, hair, make-up, setting, etc. I am however patiently waiting for men's skinny suit phase to end.  I'm ready for the white tuxes with pastel cummerbunds to return :)

I wonder why Oliver didn't accompany Mya to the wedding?  I heard her say that she wished he'd been there. Maybe she didn't get a plus one? It did look to be a small ceremony. Would've rather seen him than Austen.

Rumors on SM that the flower vendor is part of the Winter House cast. Hmmm, she did get an awful lot of camera time. Did we really need to see her walking through the house?

Edited by snarts
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Amanda’s dad made me get all choked up and I really felt for him. I don’t think he was happy. At all.

He knows in his heart that his daughter is making a huge mistake and he can't do anything thing about it! I heard on some podcast today that Kyle is being sued in some Loverboy related issue. Let the good times roll. 

Was that a $200,000 wedding? It was in her parents backyard so no cost for the venue. Carl officiated so no cost there, either. It was pretty but $200,000? 

1 hour ago, snarts said:

I might be off on a island by myself but I don't think people were judging Lindsey over the amount of sex she had this Summer. Rather, it was the way she treated each one like a true romance instead of the casual hook-ups they actually were.

Bingo! She desperately wants to be in a serious relationship, they never seem to work out because she's crazy and now Carl is her target. She wants a baby. She's freezing her eggs in case the man doesn't happen. She's hoping Carl is going to be that man. Does she love the man? 

1 hour ago, snarts said:

I am however patiently waiting for men's skinny suit phase to end.

And the no socks trend! I can see it on a casual summer outing but it's your wedding. Put some damn socks on. Also the tight shorts Kyle and Carl wore with suit jackets at the prom. Blech!!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Was that a $200,000 wedding? It was in her parents backyard so no cost for the venue. Carl officiated so no cost there, either. It was pretty but $200,000? 

No way!  Food and alcohol for what 100 people max?  They were all drinking cans of Loverboy.  That looked like a $10,000 wedding.

• Love 7

I'm glad to know other people were bored with this episode, too. After a season of yelling and whining about it, the wedding was an anticlimax.  Plus, Kyle and Amanda may have been the only ones who still thought it was a good idea. The talking heads from the other cast members basically said, "They've done nothing but fight throughout their whole relationship so it's amazing they managed to actually get married." I went to get a glass of cold water and wound up cleaning the refrigerator because doing that was more entertaining than watching the show. I did see the reunion previews and my love for Alex grew.

Count me in as wanting the demise of skinny suits.

Lindsay is a better person than I am. I'd keep remembering the last time she and Carl were dating and he asked another woman out in front of Lindsay. I really hope he stays sober and his fuckboy days are done.

7 hours ago, snarts said:

I might be off on a island by myself but I don't think people were judging Lindsey over the amount of sex she had this Summer.

I think they were, at first, anyway. That's what prompted Paige's "brothel" remark. When Lindsay refused to be judged they then turned it into "concern" for her quick attachments. Eventually Lindsay pointed out the double standard that exists for men and women and people pretty much shut up. Except Paige, who hopped on the "there's a double standard!" train like she was the conductor.

• Love 8
On 5/3/2022 at 8:31 AM, TeeMo said:

Someone else, it was either Paige or (gasp) Amanda, had extreme blotchiness on the back of their right arm and around the elbow.  It looked like last minute trips to the tanning bed but not sure if it was from bulbs or spray. Maybe it was bulbs AND spray. It totally brought back memories of Sabrina from MTV True Life: I'm Getting Married when her tanning bed tan started peeling off and she went in for a last minute session to torch the pale skin below. I always remember her pressing it with her acrylic nail saying "it's betta" 😳 R.I.P. Charlie.

I don't know a single friend who got married who didn't do the traditional tanning bed, just for that one occasion. It's so unsafe but the tan is even and doesn't come off on your wedding gown.

That being said, Lindsey's dress was a few sizes too small. Honestly even though she is skinny, the dress was sooo tight. The side slit up the leg was holding on for dear life. Danielle's was close fitting without being tight to the point of distraction.

• Love 3
On 5/3/2022 at 8:57 AM, Lassus said:

ITA!  They (as well as everybody else on this show except for maybe Luke) seem to be reality tv stars FIRST and then just people second.  Someone on social media thought that Linds and Carl were just a couple to give them a storyline for W.H. and next season of S.H.  Of course they got blasted to the stars by other people swearing up and down that C & L's love is for real (based on what they see on tv) but I do kinda agree with them.  At least it's very possible.  Showmance is commonplace now on reality tv and in competition shows like Big Brother they will come out and admit it but on shows like this they might be more inclined to play the game.  I mean how long are we going to watch Carl be sober and Linds be a party girl.  That's run its course and I think they might know it.

• Love 3
On 5/4/2022 at 4:54 PM, RedDelicious said:

Someone else, it was either Paige or (gasp) Amanda, had extreme blotchiness on the back of their right arm and around the elbow.  It looked like last minute trips to the tanning bed but not sure if it was from bulbs or spray. Maybe it was bulbs AND spray. It totally brought back memories of Sabrina from MTV True Life: I'm Getting Married when her tanning bed tan started peeling off and she went in for a last minute session to torch the pale skin below. I always remember her pressing it with her acrylic nail saying "it's betta" 😳 R.I.P. Charlie.

That was Amanda! I remember seeing it and immediately wondering how no one told her she was all blotchy. It was so noticeable against the white dress.

• Love 1
(edited)

This episode was so boring. I think this series has run its course. 

I'm actually rooting for Lindsay and Carl. I can't help but like Lindsay, for all her faults. Don't ask me why. Her "I'm having the best summer of my life" narrative just made me sad. She seemed like she was trying so hard to convince herself of that. At least she's somewhat interesting, though.

Paige is just a little too smug for my tastes; a girl who went to that many proms is just over the top. We get it; you're pretty and popular and love clothes. She acts like a fifteen year-old as depicted on a 1950's sitcom: all she talks about are "fashion" and boys.   

On 5/3/2022 at 7:30 AM, RedDelicious said:

I think Kyle’s mom started pre-gaming the night before.

Amanda’s dad made me get all choked up and I really felt for him. I don’t think he was happy. At all.

Is it just me or do Kyle and Amanda's dad look a lot a like?

Edited by queta
  • Love 8
On 5/6/2022 at 6:46 PM, queta said:

I'm actually rooting for Lindsay and Carl. I can't help but like Lindsay, for all her faults. Don't ask me why. Her "I'm having the best summer of my life" narrative just made me sad. She seemed like she was trying so hard to convince herself of that. At least she's somewhat interesting, though.

Paige is just a little too smug for my tastes; a girl who went to that many proms is just over the top. We get it; you're pretty and popular and love clothes. She acts like a fifteen year-old as depicted on a 1950's sitcom: all she talks about are "fashion" and boys.   

Kyle and Amanda’s dad look exactly alike! I noticed it when he was first on the show a few seasons ago. I remember wondering why on earth Amanda was so into Kyle and then her dad showed up on camera and it was “oh I see now”

• Love 2

I sat and rolled my eyes so hard throughout this episode I'm not sure they're coming back down.

The repeated narrative by everyone, with the bride and groom leading the pack, is that if you have the most God awful, hateful, drama and cheating filled relationship but for some insane reason, you refuse to break-up and you end up at the alter, you are somehow SUPERIOR to others because you soldiered on!!  Are you kidding me?  Relationships suck because you need to part ways, not because you need to double down and continue the nightmare.  One of the reasons I knew my husband was the one was because it was so gosh darned easy.  So shut up Amanda and Kyle and we all look forward to your very special divorce episode once Amanda grows up.  

I'm typically a sucker for weddings but there was nothing sacred, loving or touching about that circus.  

I really felt for Amanda's parents.  It was especially visible with her Dad.  She's a grown woman so what can they do?  

• Love 5
On 5/4/2022 at 4:54 PM, RedDelicious said:

I don't know a single friend who got married who didn't do the traditional tanning bed, just for that one occasion. It's so unsafe but the tan is even and doesn't come off on your wedding gown.

That being said, Lindsey's dress was a few sizes too small. Honestly even though she is skinny, the dress was sooo tight. The side slit up the leg was holding on for dear life. Danielle's was close fitting without being tight to the point of distraction.

I can still picture Sabrina pushing her fingers into her boobs!  LOL  Aww RIP Charlie "I will hunt you down like cattle" Balducci.

I still go to tanning beds (I know it is so bad) but there is nothing better than having a tan.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:46 PM, queta said:

I don't root for Lindsay, I think she is pathetic.  She is sad and trying really hard to pretend she is not.  Also, I am pretty sure she is on something at all times.  My guess is ritalin.  

Paige seemed like a nice gal when she joined the show.  Her ego has blown wayyyy up.  She thinks herself the most popular girl in the world, with everyone jealous.  I am only jealous of the fact that she makes money shooting a reality show without ever having to leave her bed.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I can still picture Sabrina pushing her fingers into her boobs!  LOL  Aww RIP Charlie "I will hunt you down like cattle" Balducci.

“Somebody call the priest because I’m…I’m not missin my reception.”

”This is my dress that I loved so much. Ahhhhh! Five grand!”

Don’t get me started on Bruria and the cake. 

I could quote this episode all night  long, I loved it SO much.

Somebody needs to sign the release forms so we can have it back because the VHS tape I had it on is nowhere to be found 😭

• LOL 4
56 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

“Somebody call the priest because I’m…I’m not missin my reception.”

”This is my dress that I loved so much. Ahhhhh! Five grand!”

Don’t get me started on Bruria and the cake. 

I could quote this episode all night  long, I loved it SO much.

Somebody needs to sign the release forms so we can have it back because the VHS tape I had it on is nowhere to be found 😭

I need to watch this!  Now Daniel, now, now!  (stomp)

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Please, can they also include the "I Have a Summer Share" episode with Tommy Cheeseballs???

• Love 4