Type keyword(s) to search

Karen's Grande Dame Reunion

• Start Topic

On 4/15/2022 at 5:13 PM, connieinnc said:

No interest whatsoever in seeing this pretentious female anywhere. 

Agreed.  I will not be watching either.

I think this will be as riveting as Date my Ex: Jo and Slade and Havana Elsa.

Edited by Ms.Lulu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Why I’m watching this, I do no know.

They keep talking about a succession plan for this rinky farm 😂 They are even using music similar to the theme to the show Succession.  Who is she trying to kid with this??  She wants us to think her family is like the billionaire Roys?  

They just called Karen the “bougie” one of the family.  Lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

LOL @ staying in Henrico! Henrico is a good hour away from Surry!  Karen couldn't find a hotel in James City, Williamsburg, Hampton? C'mon, Karen!

Points to Karen for properly pronouncing "Henrico" because most people outside of the Richmond area do NOT.

Fun Fact: I'm 99.99% sure the caterer for the Henrico party was on one of those Gordon Ramsey terribly run restaurant shows (her restaurant is NOT terrible, it's actually very good).

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 2

Ooh, this was awful.  Lasted about 8 minutes.  I wanted to know what the daughter was up to.  She seemed to be trying to be an influencer, posting pix from all her international travels.  They clearly don't want to tell us. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Ooh, this was awful.  Lasted about 8 minutes.  I wanted to know what the daughter was up to.  She seemed to be trying to be an influencer, posting pix from all her international travels.  They clearly don't want to tell us. 

I lasted less than 2 minutes, which is less than the Kandi OLG spin-off, it made it to 5,5 minutes there.

• LOL 4
  • Love 4

My dvr recorded this. I saw the first minute or so with Raven and was surprised. Did she finish college? I might try to watch the show when I have some free time. The spin-offs are a filler that sometimes I can watch (Porsha) and sometimes not (Kandi).

• Love 1

Why does Bravo think Karen and the  broke Bill Gates are interesting? Rayven is a pretty young lady, but in the talking heads she looks a hot mess. So from what I gather, the farm is no longer a working farm. I would like to think that the kids could turn it into a vineyard, but my hunch is they want to sell off the land for developers. Sad I didn't see any of Karen's 6 wick candles as product placement

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
On 4/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

What in the world was on that girls head? She looked like she was 40!

Were they clips like for rollers, but intentionally left in?  

So it seems the farm is owned by the aunt, but the kids want to take it over.  My sister owns a non-working farm and I would just love to see her face if all of her nieces and nephews showed up to "take it over!"  She would be like, yeah no. 

Also Karen's family farm is worth around $200,000 sooo they are not talking about a multi-million dollar property.  This is ridiculous.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Were they clips like for rollers, but intentionally left in?  

So it seems the farm is owned by the aunt, but the kids want to take it over.  My sister owns a non-working farm and I would just love to see her face if all of her nieces and nephews showed up to "take it over!"  She would be like, yeah no. 

Also Karen's family farm is worth around $200,000 sooo they are not talking about a multi-million dollar property.  This is ridiculous.

Maybe she should turn it in to a beet farm and get that Agritourism money!

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

I am in the minority it seems, but I enjoy this show. I've always loved Karen, so more Karen is great for me. Maybe the topic is interesting to me because a similar thing happened in my extended family, and a few of my relatives fumbled the bag, so I think it's an important topic to tackle. I especially love that the younger generation is so eager to take over, feels rare sometimes, especially with the younger folk in my family. Bravo just needed a quick little show to fill in some time, and Gizelle's daughters are still in school. The next spinoff can be Gizelle taking her girls on vacation before the daughter goes off to college, which will cut Gizelle's Potomac storylines in half. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

They should've just had "Karen's Family Reunion" without the fake drama of the farm.  Apparently Aunt Val owns the farm so when she dies, her children would inherit it.  Unless Karen is trying to work Val's kids so they sell it to her, I'm not seeing the drama (unless the kids don't want anything to do with the farm, but they claim they do).

Premise: Aunt Val throws a cookout at the farm, everyone shows up. Hilarity & drama ensue.  That's it.  No drama about ownership of the farm.

I am still curious why Karen's sister (who lives in the Richmond area) didn't show up at the Henrico house (which is in the Richmond area).  All she had to do was go up 295 and get off on Rt. 5.  She shows up in the next episode but I found that curious.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Love 1

Karen's sister should have been the main character opposite Karen, not Val. I have been wanting/needing more of her sister since we first saw her on Potomac. She is my favorite Karen sparring partner. Maybe she doesn't like the reality TV spotlight, unlike the other members of her family. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
On 4/20/2022 at 3:38 PM, LaurelleJ said:

I am in the minority it seems, but I enjoy this show. I've always loved Karen, so more Karen is great for me. Maybe the topic is interesting to me because a similar thing happened in my extended family, and a few of my relatives fumbled the bag, so I think it's an important topic to tackle. I especially love that the younger generation is so eager to take over, feels rare sometimes, especially with the younger folk in my family. Bravo just needed a quick little show to fill in some time, and Gizelle's daughters are still in school. The next spinoff can be Gizelle taking her girls on vacation before the daughter goes off to college, which will cut Gizelle's Potomac storylines in half. 

ITA. I let go whom was at the helm of this little spinoff, but it is an important topic that all families, including single people with assets/children, need to discuss.

It doesn't matter if you have only $1 in your bra or shoe, OR millions in bank, cookie jar or under a mattress, what happens when a person is medically unable to make decisions or heaven forbid passes, a written document, which does NOT need to cost a fortune, needs to be done. Period. No exceptions. It's a tough conversation to start and hold, but everyone involved will feel so much better for doing so.

I will come back in another post for the snarking... This subject is too serious for me to combine with the other foolishness of the Woodman family.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

Part 2 was better than Part 1, with Karen, Val and Rayvin going down to the historical society to learn how they got the land in the first place (Karen's great great grandmother was very pretty, but with very sad eyes).  The corn shucking and tug of war was fun too. Karen's brother and sister looked over it.

• Love 4
On 4/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, Bronzedog said:

If I remember correctly, one of Karen’s selling points for the area was that they have peanuts in shells, so, that would probably increase the value of the farm substantially.

Wait.... peanuts come in shells!!!!!

Someone catch me before I faint.

• LOL 1