Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: Pulse

Trini
  • Start Topic

McCall receives a desperate plea for help from her former CIA trainee, now a full-fledged agent, that leads her into a confrontation with Mason Quinn (Chris Vance), the most dangerous enemy from her past in intelligence. In need of confidential information about the agent's latest assignment, McCall forms a tentative alliance with Carter Griffin (Brett Dalton), a by-the-book CIA handler.

Airdate: April 10, 2022

the-equalizer-214-mccall-griffin-captured-1014x570.jpg

Chris Vance  (Mason Quinn)
Brett Dalton  (Carter Griffin)
Denis Ooi  (Daniel Blake)
Maria River  (Marcela Mendez)
Sakura Lin  (Translator)
Keith Rubin  (Security Agent)
Max Darwin  (Paulie Schinzel)
Mike Taverna  (Man #1)
John Cenatiempo  (Armed Man)
the-equalizer-214-griffin-mel-1014x570.j

Nice casting with Brett Dalton as a CIA agent who may or may not be shady. I was expecting him to

Spoiler

Hail Hydra

at any second.

Well, that answers that as to Bishop's fate. Nice to see the characters try their best and still fail once in a while.

That EMP shoots down planes without leaving a trace until you get the next electric bill. Needing to draw massive amounts of electrical power to run it seems like a fairly obvious drawback.

• Love 6

Well, I guess Bishop is officially off the show now. I just didn't like that they had to take down an entire airplane with other people to write him out.

I remember them doing a episode about Mason Quinn, but I don't remember if Chris Vance was in it.

So is the Brett Dalton character going to be Robyn's new CIA contact?

I liked Robyn's outfit in this episode, but I think it was too dressy for the occasion.

Liked seeing Tawny Cypress again. And it looks as though Robyn and Dante are one step closer to becoming couple!

• Love 2

I am not sure how the professional sniper who killed Robyn's CIA trainee friend found her, I guess they followed her to her safe house or intercepted her red flag call, but it seems odd that she was dead before either Robyn or her handler could reach her. Also that the professional sniper didn't wait around to see who she might be meeting or have men search the safe house for information.

I guess the U.S. Government now has a Directed "Pulse" (title) EMP Weapon. I don't know why the guy didn't sell the weapon to the U.S., I am sure they would have paid more. I was really thinking that Mel might put a bullet through the weapon and it would explode.

I guess Robyn now has an insider at the CIA, he should be a pretty high rank now for capturing the terrorists who destroyed two planes and bringing in the EMP weapon in intact and functional. That should shield Harry if there is any blowback from the FAA breach, he could say it was part of the CIA operation.

I really don't like the larger international plots, I would prefer more homegrown and personal stories.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Raja said:

If Brett Dalton passed his screentest I wonder if that means his Chicago Fire gig is up?

They dumped his character into the worst station of CFD... He is gone for good...

I'm going to miss Bishop. I know it couldn't be done but this episode could've been amazing if we'd been able to go back and forth between the people on the ground and Bishop on the plane. I wonder if we'll ever see Bishop's kid again.

Nice to get a little follow-up on Aunt Vi's new relationship.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, marceline said:

I'm going to miss Bishop. I know it couldn't be done but this episode could've been amazing if we'd been able to go back and forth between the people on the ground and Bishop on the plane. I wonder if we'll ever see Bishop's kid again.

Nice to get a little follow-up on Aunt Vi's new relationship.

I was thinking that this episode would have happened earlier but they rewrote it to get rid of Bishop instead of highlight Bishop in the episode.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:

I was thinking that this episode would have happened earlier but they rewrote it to get rid of Bishop instead of highlight Bishop in the episode.

Being overly concerned about the probation conditions did seem to be so weeks ago. But the Dante parts were in the show's order

• Love 1

I figured they had to get rid of Bishop some way and introduce a new CIA POC for Robyn.  I do hope that this Quinn person doesn't wind up as the great white whale.  I dislike it when shows introduce a super bogey man and then have him linger over seasons and seasons.  It gets tired.  Though if Quinn is going to be the occasional annoyance and pop up from time to time and not be a regular thing which is how they seem to have handled so far, that might be fine.

I was glad that Mel was there for back-up (as wasn't really surprising).  I don't understand why Harry didn't immediately identify himself and name Bishop before the absolute last minute but then you wouldn't have that ending...

Not sure how I feel about McCall and Dante but shows like hooking up characters because it's a lazy trope and audiences seem to like it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, milkyaqua said:

I was glad that Mel was there for back-up (as wasn't really surprising).  I don't understand why Harry didn't immediately identify himself and name Bishop before the absolute last minute but then you wouldn't have that ending...

Agreed, I don't understand why Harry didn't do that immediately.  But the whole point of the episode was to get rid of Chris Noth and Bishop.  Yet they do it in a way in which the door is not completely closed.  If somehow Chris Noth gets exonerated, maybe Bishop comes back.

I did enjoy seeing Brett Dalton.  I miss the early "Agents of SHIELD" Grant Ward, before he got all weird and bad.  Dalton doesn't seem to have been doing much lately besides guesting on "Chicago Fire".  I wouldn't mind seeing him join "The Equalizer" on a permanent or recurring basis.  Although I have to confess, I kept waiting for him to be revealed as the crooked CIA agent working with Quinn.

• Love 4

I really liked the agent in the opening (the one who got killed). She was only there for a flash, but she had a lot of charisma. I do wonder how Robyn can steal her friend's bracelet right off her wrist and not be noticed. And Robyn would be easy to identify, if the woman wanted to report the bracelet missing. On the other hand, I liked Robyn's nail polish color. 

Kind of wished we'd seen more of Vi's meeting, but this really isn't a show about romance, so it's fine that we didn't. I don't actually want it to become a relationship show.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, mojito said:

What? No one mentioned this?

one.png

two.png

Honestly I loved it. I'm a sucker for a "hell yeah!" moment and I love the vibe between Mel and Robyn when stuff hits the fan.

1 hour ago, possibilities said:

Kind of wished we'd seen more of Vi's meeting, but this really isn't a show about romance, so it's fine that we didn't. I don't actually want it to become a relationship show.

I assume that Vi's friend is going to end up caught in the middle of something and Robyn is going to need to come to her aid. I just wonder who is going to be cast in that role.

• Love 7

Mel is the true badass of the crew.  She makes the great shots, but not every single one.  It was good she was there to talk Robyn down. 

And I don't think Bishop would have responded to a request from "Harry" to change the plane course. But the name "McCall" would definitely get his attention. 

While I hated Robyn's icky eyelash textured jacket, I loved her striped mock turtleneck.  Gonna have to dive to the show clothing website for some details.  It's the first thing she's worn in a while that I like.  

• Love 3

Although I have to confess, I kept waiting for him to be revealed as the crooked CIA agent working with Quinn.

Me too!  I kept telling my husband "I don't trust Grant Ward - I think he's setting her up".  Now that it looks like he is a good guy, I'd be happy to see him from time to time.  I haven't seen him since Agents of Shield so I'm glad for the actor.

• Love 4
On 4/11/2022 at 5:39 AM, Good Queen Jane said:

Aw, Bishop! Damn you, Chris Noth, for your actions that required the elimination of one of my favorite characters. And if TPTB are trying to mollify me by adding some CIA eye candy, well, it might be working.

I'm swimming in the shallow end with you.

From the moment I saw Brett, I was really hoping he'd be the new Mr. Big. I'll miss Chris Noth, and yes, damn him for ruining a good thing.

But I love me some Brett Dalton.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:01 AM, milkyaqua said:

I do hope that this Quinn person doesn't wind up as the great white whale.  I dislike it when shows introduce a super bogey man and then have him linger over seasons and seasons.  It gets tired.  Though if Quinn is going to be the occasional annoyance and pop up from time to time and not be a regular thing which is how they seem to have handled so far, that might be fine.

By making him Chris Vance, we can rest assured he'll be around for a while,. And yes, I hope he just pops up every now and then, but my thought is that they'll do that thing where he pretty much knows everything about the person/people he's menacing and becomes embroiled in everything they do.

I'm really hoping there isn't a kidnap plot in the future involving Robyn's family, but I might be disappointed there.

We'll see how annoying they make him.

On 4/11/2022 at 10:01 AM, milkyaqua said:

That was my thought as well. Break cover, and talk to him! Lives are on the line. 

But yeah, it had to end the way it did.

• Love 2
On 4/11/2022 at 5:24 PM, marceline said:

Honestly I loved it. I'm a sucker for a "hell yeah!" moment and I love the vibe between Mel and Robyn when stuff hits the fan.

On 4/11/2022 at 4:05 PM, possibilities said:

I knew Mel would show up when all seemed lost. And DAMN she is a good sniper!

On 4/14/2022 at 2:28 AM, Sweet Tooth said:

I do hope that this Quinn person doesn't wind up as the great white whale. 

Seriously. He needs to be killed soon, rather than being some multi-episode arc.

Edited by kwnyc
Conflating 2 episodes.
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, kwnyc said:

Seriously. He needs to be killed soon, rather than being some multi-episode arc.

That's optimistic! With these type of shows, I'm expecting it to be a multi-season arc.

3 hours ago, Trini said:

That's optimistic! With these type of shows, I'm expecting it to be a multi-season arc.

Yes. With who they got to play him, that's a possibility.

The other trope is that they finally capture the person, and then they use him as a resource later.

Sometimes this even gives them a chance to escape, so we have that to look forward to as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1