Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E13: The Ross Matthews Roast

• Start Topic

Thank the drag gods, it was a double elimination episode.

The bottom 3 were really clear and I thought all three of them could have gone home.

Jorgeous seemed glad to go home and Deja seemed happy to have made it as far as she did.  Deja is still delusional about being called a lip sync assassin after losing.

I am just glad we are finally down to 5.

• Love 10

I’m happy for Lady Camden that she did well, but yeah…the echo joke wasn’t funny enough to be repeated as it was.  Bosco did well with opening the show, Willow was…is…charming as hell, and Angeria cracked me up with loving her own jokes so much.  Daya Betty has grown on me, to be honest, and I did think she won that LSFYL, but I still see her going out next.  We’ll see.

The judges’ mad love for Jorgeous is beyond me.  Michelle “awww”ing when Jorgeous admitted how uncomfortable she was doing the roast…I don’t recall seeing that much sympathy for anyone else during judging.  These queens know the format, they know what’s expected of them, so Jorgeous shouldn’t be babied like that just because she’s a baby queen.  So was Adore Delano in Season Six, and Michelle didn’t baby her.  I found it off putting.

• Like 1
  • Love 12
(edited)

I’m sorry, but Bosco did not win that challenge.  I’d have put Bosco toward the middle:  Angeria, Camden, and Willow clearly stood out on top, both in performance and the runway. I’m not sure why Bosco got the win, unless it was some weird attempt to justify the gold candy bar last episode. 

Camden looked freaking absolutely amazing and beautiful on the runway. And just like Ru sometimes has a queen like Jorgeous who he obviously favors and way over-inflates, he usually has another queen who is really good but who he barely gives the time of day.  Camden seems to fit that role for Ru this season— it took her forever to finally win, and while people like Ross note how good Camden is, Ru usually treats her like “you were fine.  Anyway, next contestant…”  It drives me crazy.

On another note, I have a theory:  I think that Daya is actually identical twins, one good and one evil.  The good Daya appears on stage and is actually talented (she deserved the LSFYL win), but the second she leaves the stage the evil Daya pushes her into a broom closet and locks her up, and then spends every waking moment whining about everything and obnoxiously criticizing the other queens.  That’s the only explanation.  There is no other.  🙂

Edited by bobbyjoe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 19

It was the right decision, but honestly, a triple elimination would not have been out of order. 

I loved the scene of Deja and Jorgeous packing up together. Their mutual affection, and appreciation for the experience, was very touching. It was the most I’ve liked them all season.

I think this season is Lady Camden’s to lose, but I am really hoping for a Willow win. Love love her.

• Love 9

I've got a lot on my plate right now, so I forgot what day it was and remembered just in time for the lip sync. Those three were the three I had thought should go next, so that was fine. I'm probably not out of order in assuming that no matter when the golden ticket showed up, a bottom three and double elim would happen. Thankfully, unlike previous weeks, they repeated the episode right after so I could actually watch it.

Glad Bosco had some redemption, I still hold out for Willow, Angeria, Camden, Bosco F4, but I fear the dreadful Daya will scooch in there.

• Love 3

I like Bosco, and I didn't think she did that bad in Moulin Ru last week, so I was glad she got the golden ticket (as scripted as it was, because come on, what were the odds someone who didn't deserve to go home had it) and this week she truly was the best, both in the challenge and for sure on the runway. Most of the other girls' outfits didn't even look like tutus!

As much as I find Jorgeous cute and funny in the talking heads, her presence on the show had really become unjustifiable at this point, and I think she knew. Deja had also realized it was her time to go, like someone else said, and was at peace with going home. They both left in a very cool and dignified way. 

I know I'm in the minority here, but I do hope Bosco wins (maybe because she hails from my favorite city of Seattle) although I think Willow will take the crown home (which I would be super happy with, too). I just hope it's not Camden. I love her and all, but she was never extraordinary in any of the challenges, IMO. 

• Love 2

I generally love the roasts and thought the queens did Ok but there are only so many ways you can joke about Ru being old, Michelle being a whore and Ross being gayer than gay. The right people went home and I’m wishing for a final four without Daya. She is talented but not likable.

• Love 11

I was so glad for the triple lip sync. I watch a lot of the recap shows with ex-contestants and part of the draw is to hear them ALL complain about the lack of eliminations (my favorite was "if this was my season I'd have started killing these bitches"). All 3 of them could have gone IMO but I agree Daya was the best. Plus her jokes weren't awful, she just took too long to set them up. 

• Love 1

I thought Bosco, Willow and Lady Camden did the best during the roast.  I loved Lady Camden and Daya's runway looks.  (If Daya could keep her negative opinions to herself, I could find myself rooting for her- she has some good runways.) Bosco and Willow had creative ideas for their runway looks.  It was touching seeing how close Jorgeous and Deja have become.  

• Love 3

Hallelujah!  We finally got an elimination!  And a double at that.  I don't think I've ever been this excited over a double elimination.

I don't think any of the bottom three queens knocked the lip sync out of the park but Daya's performance matched the song the best.  Deja didn't know the words and Jorgeous started off okay but then started doing some of her usual dance moves which didn't quite fit the song.

6 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I generally love the roasts and thought the queens did Ok but there are only so many ways you can joke about Ru being old, Michelle being a whore and Ross being gayer than gay.

Completely agree that the prescribed themes for Ru, Michelle and Ross are getting old (pun not intended).  There's so much history from each judge that the queens' could have drawn upon for their jokes.  What about Ru's cowboy husband?  What about Michelle's obsession with Madonna?  What about Ross being Jay Leno's intern for like a decade or him losing Celebrity Big Brother to Marissa Jaret Winokur?  It makes me wonder if the show tells the queens that certain topics are off limitations.  That being said, I did laugh at the joke about Michelle getting kicked out of the UK.

• Love 4

It was about damn time for a double elimination and I really liked Deja and Jorgeous's dual packing up in the work room. Dulce was a delight! I hope she returns in the future. 

Camden. Looked. STUNNING. On that runway. I get why Bosco was named winner and I did like her take of a tutu but Camden just keeps getting better and better. I would be happy with the crown going to any of the remaining queens with the exception of Daya. 

Btw that was one of my fave Untuckeds in quite some time...Daya barely said a word! 

• Love 6

Once again some queens freak out about a roast even though they are used to reading. It's fundamentally the same thing.

The remaining queens are mediocre. I had thought that Angeria or Willow had it locked down after about episode 4 or 5 but, man, have they really faded quickly. 

I guess of the remaining queens the most interesting one is Willow. She has, it seems to me, a really unique sense of humor. Her unusual looks don't hurt either with the spectacle. 

At this point the season feels like it has gone on for 18 months and I am just ready for it to be concluded. No dog in any of the fights.