Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E85: Afterparty: Come Back and Bite You

• Start Topic

Host Keshia Knight Pulliam sits down with Olajuwan and Noi along with comedian and podcaster Sarah Colonna to discuss the resolution to Katina and Olajuwan's blow up fight and the growing tension between Noi and Steve over household chores and Steve's unemployment.

Premieres on Mar 30, 2022 at 10:03 PM EDT

Please keep discussion to topics mentioned on THIS episode.  

$40k Noi? You are ragging this man to get a job, but you’d be fine if he was unemployed with $40k? That is not gonna last very long! WTF?

Also, assuming she does know how much he has…is it less than that? If so, I get her concern! 

• Love 4

Hey, I found a great new way to keep up with MAFS.  I record the two-hour episode, but start with the 30-minute Afterparty.  If anything interesting happens in the episode, Rudy will highlight it and I can go check it out.

After three weeks, I've saved myself six hours of wasted viewing.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, candall said:

Hey, I found a great new way to keep up with MAFS.  I record the two-hour episode, but start with the 30-minute Afterparty.  If anything interesting happens in the episode, Rudy will highlight it and I can go check it out.

After three weeks, I've saved myself six hours of wasted viewing.

That would've worked in the past, except now they often don't recap or discuss the juicy parts of the episode that don't involve the people sitting on the couch like they used to on "Unfiltered".  There was a big blowup one week between a couple but because neither of them were on the couch it wasn't even mentioned.

• Love 2

The more I see of Olajuwan, the more I dislike and distrust him.  

Is that little sit and throw your arms up in the air and wave them around number he and Noi did after every break supposed to be entertaining or endearing?

I don't care what these outsider guests have to say and there are so many commercial breaks that the show really is worthless to me.  

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, cinsays said:

Is that little sit and throw your arms up in the air and wave them around number he and Noi did after every break supposed to be entertaining or endearing?

I don't care what these outsider guests have to say and there are so many commercial breaks that the show really is worthless to me.  

I agree.  They don't add anything to the conversation.  Even the experts were a better addition when they came on Unfiltered.

The problem is that they are talking about things that occurred in the past and since then things may have changed.  It's probably difficult for the spouses to only talk about how things were in this episode when things may be very different in the present with a new person that has no idea how things have changed.  How do the spouses react to what they have to say without revealing what's changed?  I can see how that could be difficult.  At least the experts know how to generalize the issues enough so the spouses don't feel they have to reveal any new developments, and the hosts know how to ask them how they were feeling in just that episode.  But these new guests don't know how to do that, and it's awkward.

Also, Olajuwon was sporting his neck tattoo on this which is some proof that these are filmed later than the episodes themselves.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, greeneyedscorpio said:

I wish they'd stop bringing on guests who aren't on the show!

Same…but watch out lol.  Several of us said the same thing a few episodes earlier and we were blasted, roasted, and told off. 

• LOL 4

My only comment after kind of watching last night was that AnNOIng was really out of it when she thought that if Steve had $40K, she would relax. I was thinking she would say at least a million. She has no intention of changing her dream of being a SAH mom with 3 perfect children, Sushi, and a white picket fence. She won't care what job her husband has - just leave the house every day and bring her money. She wouldn't want a work-from-home husband, either. I do not like her. But, I can honestly say, I don't like any of these people. Steve, to me, is the least offensive, though. 

• Love 6

Yeah, I don’t think Noi was being truthful about the $40,000 being enough but she was worried about what kind of impression it would make to say what she really wanted which wouldn’t surprise me if her real number were 1 million!

Financial discussions are part of show to some degree and it seems odd that Steve doesn’t want to tell her. They are both passive aggressive in their own ways. 

• Love 5
38 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Yeah, I don’t think Noi was being truthful about the $40,000 being enough but she was worried about what kind of impression it would make to say what she really wanted which wouldn’t surprise me if her real number were 1 million!

Financial discussions are part of show to some degree and it seems odd that Steve doesn’t want to tell her. They are both passive aggressive in their own ways. 

Exactly.  Noi doesn't believe that Steve will make enough $$$ to suit her needs; Steve doesn't really want three children.  He probably wants one or two, at most.  

• Love 2

I just cannot stand the extra non-show guests.  Any of them.

And all the flashbacks, drink explanations, and commercials, make this half hour show about 6 minutes anyway.  So I come here to read instead.

Did Noi say that Steve doesn't even have $40,000?   That would only last about 6 months, at most.  

Others have speculated that he's holding out for Couples Cam, IG shilling, and more MAFS appearances.  I concur.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Starlight925 said:

Did Noi say that Steve doesn't even have $40,000?   That would only last about 6 months, at most.  

No, she said he would have to have at least $40,000 for her to relax about him not working.  I agree with the others that it sounded like a lowball number and she didn't want to come out with the truth, which would probably be higher.

Then again I don't think it should be forgotten that this show is filmed "after the fact" and perhaps by the time of filming she knew what the real number is and is lowballing it to throw the audience off from finding out what it is.  It may not only be because she doesn't want the world to know how much she would really expect him to have.

• Love 2

I wish they'd stop bringing on guests who aren't on the show!

I was okay with the first one or two because the couples were lame. But now, these extra people are as boring as the newlyweds. No more Ola for me. I was out after two minutes--sorry, Keisha, you're not enough.

• Love 3
On 3/31/2022 at 9:53 AM, Yeah No said:

I agree.  They don't add anything to the conversation.  Even the experts were a better addition when they came on Unfiltered.

The problem is that they are talking about things that occurred in the past and since then things may have changed.  It's probably difficult for the spouses to only talk about how things were in this episode when things may be very different in the present with a new person that has no idea how things have changed.  How do the spouses react to what they have to say without revealing what's changed?  I can see how that could be difficult.  At least the experts know how to generalize the issues enough so the spouses don't feel they have to reveal any new developments, and the hosts know how to ask them how they were feeling in just that episode.  But these new guests don't know how to do that, and it's awkward.

Also, Olajuwon was sporting his neck tattoo on this which is some proof that these are filmed later than the episodes themselves.

Thank you!  I was puzzling over - is his neck tattooed - does he cover it - etc.?  You make much more sense.  LOL!

• Love 1
On 3/31/2022 at 12:02 PM, Meowwww said:

Same…but watch out lol.  Several of us said the same thing a few episodes earlier and we were blasted, roasted, and told off. 

I don't think that ever happened. For me, it's just not the issue or the thing dragging the show down others are making it out to be. 

This season came I'm hot. As it slowed down, so did the juicy gossip and interesting interactions.

I thought Sarah did fine as a guest and helped make things a little lighter while giving a little insight. 

My issue is the length. I was actually confused when the episode was ending. I was like huh. They missed so much.

2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

My issue is the length. I was actually confused when the episode was ending. I was like huh. They missed so much.

They've added so much fluff, there's not enough content.

• Love 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, Yeah No said:

No, she said he would have to have at least $40,000 for her to relax about him not working.  I agree with the others that it sounded like a lowball number and she didn't want to come out with the truth, which would probably be higher.

Then again I don't think it should be forgotten that this show is filmed "after the fact" and perhaps by the time of filming she knew what the real number is and is lowballing it to throw the audience off from finding out what it is.  It may not only be because she doesn't want the world to know how much she would really expect him to have.

Truthfully, I don’t believe anything about this show anymore.  Maybe in the very beginning.  Production has taken over what they all say and do.  After the Oj fiasco over the cell phone, he has shut up.  Meanwhile, he is such a mess inside.  He has anger issues, and is always ready to explode when his wife does something wrong, little as it may be.  She should say No on decision day.  He looks violent and will make her miserable.  To me, she doesn’t appear too swift in the head, and doesn’t see red flags.

I have to say more.  Katina dresses very scantily.  She has a great figure and shows it off .. too much imo.  I could just see him smoldering when some guy looks at her.  There’s a bad situation right there when it’s his wife.  He’s been too quiet lately, as he wants her to say yes on the day.  I can’t believe they didn’t have sex yet, especially the way she walks around.  He’s being too good.

He 

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2

Between the full episode and the aftershow, the only comment I have to post is re Noi would be comfortable with Steve not working if he had $40K. What?!? That might last for being unemployed for 6 months, but you’re not retiring at 30 with a paltry $40K. That’s like “in case of emergency money,” not “I’m independently wealthy and don’t need to work money.” So does Steve not even have that much money—or is Noi saying this now in retrospect because that’s exactly how much money he has? That’s such an oddly specific number. If she said $50k, I would still think that’s low but at least it’s a more obviously round number. I was thinking half a million to get out of working for a couple of years and get his consulting business going—not “retiring” outright. But how is she “comfortable” with $40k? That’s not going to last long in Boston!

• Love 1

I thought that it was strange how Keisha kept insisting that Noi come up with a number, and yes, 40K was ridiculous. I was thinking she would say a million. She also doesn't seem to like being put on the spot and she doesn't come across as too bright to me. She is, at the very least, very naive, and is totally stuck in her fantasy world in her head. I am also sure that they have had the financial discussion by now and this is the assigned drama from the producers. However, I would also not be too surprised if Steve didn't tell her how much he has because she just goes right to her SM and posts things, because she is so immature. I don't blame him. She has done it before and doesn't see a problem. 

• Love 6
On 3/30/2022 at 11:04 PM, CSunshine76 said:

$40k Noi? You are ragging this man to get a job, but you’d be fine if he was unemployed with $40k? That is not gonna last very long! WTF?

Also, assuming she does know how much he has…is it less than that? If so, I get her concern! 

Particularly in Boston.

On 3/31/2022 at 8:57 AM, cinsays said:

Did Olaj imply that not being intimate was his idea? 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, qtpye said:

Did Olaj imply that not being intimate was his idea? 

Yes, he did.  He probably wants to think she’s pure, and wants him to be her first.  You never know.  Some women don’t give it up so easily.  He’s a crazy fucker, so who knows what’s in his head.  He’s very weird when it comes to women and how they should be in a wife.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, he did.  He probably wants to think she’s pure, and wants him to be her first.  You never know.  Some women don’t give it up so easily.  He’s a crazy fucker, so who knows what’s in his head.  He’s very weird when it comes to women and how they should be in a wife.

Don't quote me on this but my gut feeling is that Olaj's birth name was "Isaac" and he changed it to Olajuwon symbolize some kind of religious conversion he went through.  I was a student of both Psychology and Theology and the way he presents himself feels similar to other people I've known about (some famous) that have almost completely changed their values and identities almost overnight based on some kind of religious conversion.   Who knows what he believes in now?  He may have adopted old fashioned values on women and women's wifely roles as a result.  Many big religions can be interpreted to suit some kind of male chauvinist philosophy.  I don't interpret my religion that way, but Olaj may be following a group or sect that does.  So I would totally believe that this "new" person wants to hold off on sex because he is now trying to be just the opposite of what he was before his conversion.  He reminds me of a sex addict that treats sex like an alcoholic treats alcohol after they've been through the 12 step program of Alcoholics Anonymous.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Don't quote me on this but my gut feeling is that Olaj's birth name was "Isaac" and he changed it to Olajuwon symbolize some kind of religious conversion he went through.  I was a student of both Psychology and Theology and the way he presents himself feels similar to other people I've known about (some famous) that have almost completely changed their values and identities almost overnight based on some kind of religious conversion.   Who knows what he believes in now?  He may have adopted old fashioned values on women and women's wifely roles as a result.  Many big religions can be interpreted to suit some kind of male chauvinist philosophy.  I don't interpret my religion that way, but Olaj may be following a group or sect that does.  So I would totally believe that this "new" person wants to hold off on sex because he is now trying to be just the opposite of what he was before his conversion.  He reminds me of a sex addict that treats sex like an alcoholic treats alcohol after they've been through the 12 step program of Alcoholics Anonymous.

Bingo!  You hit it on the head.  I was a student at the University of “Scared Shit of My Uptight Strict Mother”, and never had sex until marriage.  If I ever got pregnant, I would have been thrown to the street.  Went out with my patient husband for two years, then got married.  I missed the joy of being bad and am so sorry now.  Some people are very weird when it comes to sex, and I think OJ is one of them.  I only hope she says NO on decision day.

• Love 3