Type keyword(s) to search

S42.E03: Go for the Gusto LIVE THREAD

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Pepper the Cat said:

Jonathan is amazing

Not to be confused with this guy.

Shit, Probst just cut up the full challenge. Hard for him to admire the alpha dudes with all the drowned bodies.

Edited by Lantern7

Ika wins, Vati going to TC.  With Mike not having a vote this could be interesting.

Oh, so this is why the early challenge.  Someone's going on a journey to Risk/Protect Vote island.  Chanelle and Omar are going.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, EllenB said:

Jeffy sure likes the muscular dudes. Creepy level likes them.

In his defense, Jonathan.

There’s a Chanel? So funny . . . there’s a Chanel on MTV right now.

• LOL 1
Just now, DEL901 said:

Fishing gear?  Of course.  Jonathan will be putting a feast on the table!

Can't Jonathan just reach into the water and grab those little fishes? 

• LOL 5

Jonathan pretty much cemented his safety right now, but if he does make the merge he's probably going to be a huge target.  I still can't believe that thanks to him, Taku was chilling on the beach while the other tribes were still struggling in the water.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

This is bullshit. Neither tribe could finish the challenge; BOTH tribes should have to go to Tribal. Unfair to Taku. They finished.

Poorly planned challenge.

To be fair to the tribes, this wasn't their fault at all. Production should have called it when they saw the rough waters and realized that it would be unlikely for all of them to finish the water portion. Even having a small platform at the bottom of each pole would have been enough of a change.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, vb68 said:

Jonathan is both Superman and Aquaman.

I like how calm he is.  He isn’t a showboat.  Very calm.  Very deliberate in his actions.  He claimed not to be smart, but he definitely has brains.  And heart   

When Jeff handed him the immunity snake, he handed it to Omar, the one who struggled the most. 

• Love 13

I thought this was still Survivor for a minute, but nope, preview for Beyond the Edge.  

Now back to Survivor.

So there's a chance Chanelle loses her vote too, right?  I'm still confused how that all works.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I like how calm he is.  He isn’t a showboat.  Very calm.  Very deliberate in his actions.  He claimed not to be smart, but he definitely has brains.  And heart   

When Jeff handed him the immunity snake, he handed it to Omar, the one who struggled the most. 

Jonathon is a smart player. He is not even close to the asshat I thought he was going to be. He saw how he could help his tribe and he did it. And he wasn’t bragging about it or beating his chest or screaming at everyone. He did his thing and took care of his tribe. I mean, that was stupid impressive. 

• Love 13

Omar made the correct choice.  That sucks for him. Chanelle clearly said she needed her vote. Then she  overthought it 

Edited by vb68
  • Love 1

If Daniel was smart and really wanted Mike's idol out of the game, he'd vote for Mike.  Chanelle already knows about the idol.  They could tell Hai and Lydia.  There's 4 votes right there.  Mike doesn't have a vote, but it wouldn't matter if he did.  

• Love 1

Well, there goes Jenny, since now both Chenelle and Mike can't vote. Chenelle should have assumed Omar would risk the vote because he wasn't going to tribal that night. So there was less risk for him to go for the split. 

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, well now we can certainly get a tie tonight with Chanelle AND Mike having no votes.

Is that what happened?  Lol I seriously don't get the risk and protect pros and cons.  And she won't know until she goes to vote, right?  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

I missed something. Why did Taku and Vati send people on this thing but not Ika?

Same thing happened last season, Jeff gives the winning tribe the choice of someone from the losing tribe to the ship wheel and one person from either their tribe or the second place tribe.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

So possible scenarios.  Daniel votes with Lydia and Hai, someone goes home 3-1.  He votes with Jenny, it's a 2-2 tie.  Re-vote?  That might make it interesting.  Especially if Hai and Lydia don't see it coming.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Is that what happened?  Lol I seriously don't get the risk and protect pros and cons.  And she won't know until she goes to vote, right?  

2 choose safe.    No impact on their votes 

2 choose risk.    Both lose their vote

1 each.   Safe keeps their vote.  Risk gets an extra. 

Okay, so Daniel really is with Jenny and Mike.  I was kind of confused where he really stood.

Chanelle says she has such great power in her social game, she can direct the vote without even having one.  Considering Hai was a little skeptical of her, we'll see.  

TC is starting early.  Something's going down.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

The Mole! But with cooking!” Yeah, lotsa luck with that, TBS.

Totally watching. I loved the Mole, I want it back. And cooking shows have always complained about production sabotage so why not toss in a real saboteur. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

Jonathon is a smart player. He is not even close to the asshat I thought he was going to be. He saw how he could help his tribe and he did it. And he wasn’t bragging about it or beating his chest or screaming at everyone. He did his thing and took care of his tribe. I mean, that was stupid impressive. 

He has his own business, so he is smarter than he wants to portray.   And according to his bio, he broke the Guinness World Record for most pull ups with 100 lb weight on his back.  He is crazy strong.  He is so at risk at the merge.  

But for now, Channelle is too cocky for someone without a vote. 

• Love 5