Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

Dottie and Goodwin question Bob's ability to lead under pressure when the successful MaxDot television commercial generates more business than they can handle. Also, Abishola is unsure if Bob's newfound success is worth it if it means he's never home.

Airdate: 03/21/2022

I’ll forgive you for talking on the phone, Jerry, but I’ll never forgive you for making me throw away donuts! 🤣😂 

Dot and Goodwin were hilarious. He’s our monster…🤣

Blue Bloods ad placement got all the old people to order MaxDot socks. 😂
Dele sighting! Yay!

Edited by LittleIggy
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Bob........really is scary when he yells!

I like those quiet moments when Bob and Abishola are together, just being together and supporting each other.  I like that this is becoming an ensemble show, but it is Bob ♥️ Abishola after all...

Whoa.  I didn't know emojis could italicize!  🤷 

• Love 6

I thought this episode was completely out of character. Bob dropped out of college to, as Dottie described it, save the company. He internalized the stress to the point where he gave himself a heart attack. The TV commercial responsible for their current success presented the company as a family organization, and then Mom put 16 of them — including the son who saved the company — on a performance improvement plan. Even if we get the sweet Bob back, the damage is done to his relationship with the floor staff.

Abishola was gleeful to report to her Mother that Bob had to work overtime? Why wasn’t Abishola concerned about his heart and health overall? Did they retcon the heart attack? And Olu and Tunde used to be impressed by Bob’s success, which was a reason they encouraged Abishola to date him.

This show doesn’t need an asshole teen, and the storylines aren’t funny. Please don’t go there with Dele.

• Love 4

I don't think the focus on achieving is anything new for Abishola's side of the family.  They've made a point all along that that side of the family has always been ambitious (the entire episode about "and then (med school, more apartments for Tunde, etc)" and Abishola has been shown struggling with her perception of herself as high achieving versus fun-loving.  It would make sense that her family would be excited about the expanding business, and it was sweet that Abishola would admit to herself that she really likes that Bob was more relaxed than her.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I wonder if she is gonna reflect on her and how much time it will take away from her and Bob with her becoming a doctor. If him being “successful” means time away from her does she think he wouldn’t miss her just the same? 

I think this storyline could mesh with Abishola's and they both come to the realization that they need to prioritize their time together and Bob cuts back at work (maybe Christina returns to co-manage with him) and Abishola realizes she doesn't want to spend the time to become a doctor at the cost of her marriage and looks into other ways to grow as a nurse.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Kiddvideo said:

I thought this episode was completely out of character. Bob dropped out of college to, as Dottie described it, save the company. He internalized the stress to the point where he gave himself a heart attack. The TV commercial responsible for their current success presented the company as a family organization, and then Mom put 16 of them — including the son who saved the company — on a performance improvement plan. Even if we get the sweet Bob back, the damage is done to his relationship with the floor staff.

Abishola was gleeful to report to her Mother that Bob had to work overtime? Why wasn’t Abishola concerned about his heart and health overall? Did they retcon the heart attack? And Olu and Tunde used to be impressed by Bob’s success, which was a reason they encouraged Abishola to date him.

This show doesn’t need an asshole teen, and the storylines aren’t funny. Please don’t go there with Dele.

See and I thought they all were completely in character. Dottie has never come across as the most compassionate of characters and she hsan't really show much motherly consideration to her kids. Her completly ignoring everything her eldest child has done for the company (and for her) and willing to cut bait on employees, long term loyalty be damned ... yeah, I can see that.  Of course, I think Dottie's a dick so I may be biased a little. 

Abishola is a little more odd, but I just figured she's reverting back to old childhood behaviors "always please mom" that was ingrained in her since birth. Those are characteristics that are hard to let go. 

• Love 4

I'm surprised that they haven't explored Abishola becoming a Nurse Practitioner instead of a doctor

I guess it bothers me that this reinforces the idea that nurses are somehow not as professional and important in patient care as doctors and that nursing is what you settle for when you can't be a doctor

Edited by Insert Username
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Insert Username said:

I'm surprised that they haven't explored Abishola becoming a Nurse Practitioner instead of a doctor

I guess it bothers me that this reinforces the idea that nurses are somehow not as professional and important in patient care as doctors and that nursing is what you settle for when you can't be a doctor

Probably the same reason that every kid going off to college has to go to Harvard or another Ivy League school.  And Abishola doesn't just want to go to med school, it is Johns Hopkins or nothing.  I think, to an extent, it is lazy writing.  However, there are a lot of wonderful opportunities for nurses with advanced degrees and I wish the show would pursue that kind of story for Abishola.

• Love 5

Dele was in this? When?

I missed a big chunk of the show because my local channel aired weather reports about a tornado. They said "you can keep watching the show on our other sister channel." That only works if I'm home to watch the show live. My Tivo knows nothing about having to switch the channel to keep recording the show.

I tried to watch the episode on Paramount+, but they only had clips, not the whole episode. I was mainly disappointed that nobody even said anything about how Christine's new company reacted to the commercial. Why wouldn't they at least reprimand her, if not fire her, for that commercial? If they aren't rival companies, then why was Dottie threatening to sue to keep Christine's ideas? Makes no damn sense.

Edited by Cress
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, Harvey said:

For Abishola's culture being a doctor is more about status and being able to say she is one. Giving her mom bragging rights. Stuff like that. 

I would have hoped that Abishola would rise above trying to please her mom about stuff like that.  I can see it from a college aged kid but she's an adult.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Cress said:

Dele was in this? When?

I missed a big chunk of the show because my local channel aired weather reports about a tornado. They said "you can keep watching the show on our other sister channel." That only works if I'm home to watch the show live. My Tivo knows nothing about having to switch the channel to keep recording the show.

I tried to watch the episode on Paramount+, but they only had clips, not the whole episode. I was mainly disappointed that nobody even said anything about how Christine's new company reacted to the commercial. Why wouldn't they at least reprimand her, if not fire her, for that commercial? If they aren't rival companies, then why was Dottie threatening to sue to keep Christine's ideas? Makes no damn sense.

The episode looked like it was there, try this link:

https://www.paramountplus.com/shows/bob-hearts-abishola/video/6_v88dnNAH2oLF1iG0ED44QC8YW_323U/bob-hearts-abishola-i-ll-sleep-when-i-m-dead/

Dele was there at the dinner table when Bob couldn't make it home from work. Dele did not seem very happy or himself in the scene.

I was thinking that Christine's new company might be the thing that saves MaxDot by making some kind of arrangement to use their shipping department for the excess flow.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Dele was there at the dinner table when Bob couldn't make it home from work. Dele did not seem very happy or himself in the scene.

Whenever teen actors are given lines like that, I can't help wonder if the writers were taking some moodiness on the part of the actor into account.
I've been thinking the same this season regarding Raegan Revord who plays Sheldon's sister on Young Sheldon, another CBS Lorre show.

19 hours ago, Cress said:

I tried to watch the episode on Paramount+, but they only had clips, not the whole episode.

For future reference, Paramount+ doesn't air the CBS/Parmount+ non-live episodes until the next day--I think any time after midnight.
I think Hulu is the same for ABC and Fox shows. Not sure, but I think Peacock also embargoes NBC episodes until the next day.

Ok I was able to finally watch the whole episode and see Dele in the scene. I thought he was fine. He was just astonished at everyone being so obsessed with the commercial and taking credit for Bob's success. I thought he was biting his tongue against saying something sarcastic, because he didn't want to get in trouble for being disrespectful.

• Love 2
On 3/23/2022 at 2:23 PM, Rootbeer said:

Probably the same reason that every kid going off to college has to go to Harvard or another Ivy League school.  And Abishola doesn't just want to go to med school, it is Johns Hopkins or nothing.  I think, to an extent, it is lazy writing.  However, there are a lot of wonderful opportunities for nurses with advanced degrees and I wish the show would pursue that kind of story for Abishola.

It’s also weird that she wants to go to Johns Hopkins, according to current ranking, JH is the second highest ranked medical school in the US, behind Harvard. Seems weird when she’s so obsessed with status instead of doing something aligned with her strengths and interests, and it’s not like Harvard doesn’t have brand recognition among the audience. 

• Useful 1