Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E16: May Your Choices Reflect Hope, Not Fear

DanaK
  • Start Topic

03/16/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Will helps a patient with long-haul Covid symptoms. Vanessa reflects on her dating life when she learns that a patient's daughter is having an arranged marriage. A new family is born out of tragedy. 

Lot of stuff going on tonight.

Millionaire, Dr. Halstead, ventures into Chicago Real Estate; what could possibly go wrong?

Dr. Marcel saves the day with two baby surgeries, and hits a home run with his mentor/bed partner.

Dr. Charles weighs in on arranged marriage statistics & gifts his date with chocolates that he may have pilfered.

The return of Dr. Asher and because Dr. Archer (her new boss) doesn't endorse her return, will she become Dr. Ash_hole? I recall she had some previous negative history with Dr. Halstead.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Was the doctor at the end with Goodwin and Archer that junkie doctor Will dated for awhile? 
I’m glad that poor couple who lost their daughter, SIL, and grandson got to meet the young couple and their baby. They can become surrogate grandparents. 
Dr. Scott (that’s his name, right?) effed up. His patient’s wellbeing comes before that cop’s case. 
Glad to see Stevie in the previews. 
Have I said I ❤️ Dr. Charles?

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Was the doctor at the end with Goodwin and Archer that junkie doctor Will dated for awhile? 

Yes, she is.  He was helping her rehab when he worked/volunteered at the drug place. 

Edited by preeya
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, preeya said:
12 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Yes, she is.  He was helping her rehab when he worked/volunteered at the drug place. 

Thank you.  I have managed to block out the previous seasons, so I didn't remember her.

Is there a medical drama trope that if an infant needs a transplant, the next baby who comes in will die?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Driad said:

Is there a medical drama trope that if an infant needs a transplant, the next baby who comes in will die?

in words of one syllable: yes! and not just infants. any patient needs a transplant — odds are that another patient will wind up brain dead. 

Edited by wonderwoman
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Driad said:

That was so freakin contrived!  You knew what would happen from the jump! UGH!

• Love 4

Wasn't that into this episode, but the ending intrigued me. Took me a minute to remember who Dr Asher is, but then remembered that Dr Halstead went out with her and she had a serious drug addiction. I thought the actress was very impressive, so I'm very happy she is now a series regular.

• Love 1
On 3/16/2022 at 10:05 PM, Frisky Wig said:

I could’ve sworn that the actress playing Dr Asher was Brittany Snow and that Brittany had replaced the original actress. 

Still Jessy Schramm.  I guess during a pandemic, two years flies by just like that.  I didn't realize it had been two years since the whole stupid Halstead and OBGYN junkie storyline.  I remember comments back then when it looked obvious that she was going to be off the show - "You don't hire Jessy Schramm just for a handful of episodes."  As if everyone is supposed to know who Jessy Schramm is.  I certainly didn't.  Looking at her IMDB bio, it looks like she's had parts in a lot of tv shows, but is she somebody that is famous?

1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

Why did the series choose such similar names for the doctors?  

Guessing they didn't think they'd want to revive the dumb storyline from two years ago.  But since it maybe appears that Stevie is gone (?), Nataloon is GONE, somebody has to be brought in to create some love life drama for Will?

On 3/17/2022 at 8:39 AM, Driad said:

For sure.  Also ridiculous was that the perinatologist/OB was not in the operating room at the time, Crockett yells "We need perinatology in the OR STAT", she shows up literally in ten seconds, doesn't even put on a surgical gown (WTF?), and takes the baby out in five seconds with a single swipe to the belly.  Gotta love tv.

Seems like Will is in for some trouble with this real estate deal.  So it's not the same building that Atwater bought, but in the same neighborhood?  They grew up in the same neighborhood?  Did he use part of the $1.2 million that he got last episode to buy it?  Obviously the patient who was going to have the lung lobectomy but then changed his mind and had CT drainage is foreshadowing that there are going to be issues.  He said something like "sometimes it's better to be conservative and not jump into something without knowing the risks".

3 hours ago, greyhorse said:

Did he use part of the $1.2 million that he got last episode to buy it?

That's the implication. So how much were his med school bills, his malpractice insurance, etc and the income tax on that? Whatever's left would barely be enough for a part of the down payment if the property is in a semi-respectable part of town. I'm guessing after all the obligations were paid off he'd have a couple of hundred thousand dollars at most.

• Love 2
On 3/16/2022 at 11:24 PM, LittleIggy said:

I’m glad that poor couple who lost their daughter, SIL, and grandson got to meet the young couple and their baby. They can become surrogate grandparents. 
Dr. Scott (that’s his name, right?) effed up. His patient’s wellbeing comes before that cop’s case. 
Glad to see Stevie in the previews. 
Have I said I ❤️ Dr. Charles?

Ty didn’t catch Stevie in the previews.  That’s good . grew to like her. Of course, now we will get a triangle with her, halstead and Asher.

of course, halstead has done something stupid with the real estate deal.  Wouldn’t we expect any less .

• Love 1

Why did the lady doctor leave recently?  The one who’s mother was homeless and suffered with mental health issues.   She said she had reconciled with her husband. It just seemed odd and abrupt.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Why did the lady doctor leave recently?  The one who’s mother was homeless and suffered with mental health issues.   She said she had reconciled with her husband. It just seemed odd and abrupt.

The would-be ex-husband wrangled Stevie a position as the head something or other up in Michigan, because the previous one was retiring. Halstead assumed (correctly most likely) that it was a way to stay with her/get her back. 

• Useful 1
20 minutes ago, yourdreamer said:

The would-be ex-husband wrangled Stevie a position as the head something or other up in Michigan, because the previous one was retiring. Halstead assumed (correctly most likely) that it was a way to stay with her/get her back. 

Right. I’m just curious why the writers sent her away.  She seemed a good fit. Towards the end they had her acting weird, but before that it seemed good.   I wonder if it was a fake out and the new, returning doctor who had a drug problem  will relapse, die and the other doctor will return.  

10 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Right. I’m just curious why the writers sent her away.  She seemed a good fit. Towards the end they had her acting weird, but before that it seemed good.   I wonder if it was a fake out and the new, returning doctor who had a drug problem  will relapse, die and the other doctor will return.  

Maybe the actress is working on another project and needed some time off. I spotted Stevie in the previews. Is the actor who plays Choi working on something else? He’s been gone a long time. I would just as soon Steven Weber stays on as a regular.

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, LittleIggy said:

Maybe the actress is working on another project and needed some time off. I spotted Stevie in the previews. Is the actor who plays Choi working on something else? He’s been gone a long time. I would just as soon Steven Weber stays on as a regular.

I think I found out why she’s gone right now.  I posted over on Media thread.  

4 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

So the Stevie actress is pregnant, didn't look like it in any of the episodes, but I assume she'll be gone given that Dr. Asher is making her return.  And lol, now she'll be the OB expert that is brought in on any and everything remotely baby related.  I assume we'll never see the doctor that delivered the baby this episode ever again.

Who knows about Ethan, but I don't really care that he's gone.  The actor always had a permanent look of consternation....or even constipation.  That was the actor's one look.  I'm assuming that Dr. Shentu fills the "Asian doctor" role - sad that we even have to think of things like that but it's 2022 and that's reality.  So I'm assuming that Shentu being around will keep the diversity police happy.

21 hours ago, Diana Berry said:

of course, halstead has done something stupid with the real estate deal.  Wouldn’t we expect any less .

Anything that will happen I'm sure will involve some seedy characters and will allow crossover with his brother and PD, so I'm good with it.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:02 AM, wonderwoman said:

in words of one syllable: yes! and not just infants. any patient needs a transplant — odds are that another patient will wind up brain dead. 

I for sure would definitely not want to be a patient at Chicago Med when they're looking for a transplant organ.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

I love how Halstead apparently has this wide array of questionable cousins we never get to see - Moira who dated the shady Dr Cooper, Kevin who's angry that Will won't fund his dispensary dream, etc.

At this point in the season I'd rather watch an episode full of Halsteads, all ragging on Will than anything actually at Med...

• Like 1