Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E10: Mighty Mighty Boston Bonds

• Start Topic

You know who Olajuwon would have liked being matched with? Bao from Houston. She really liked cooking and taking care of the house as a way of expressing love  and being a supportive wife and Johnny didn't really care about any of it. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 3

I don't wish Olajuwon on anyone. I don't know how he got to be on such a high horse, but it's a terrible look. Whoever he's with will be constantly treading on eggshells, afraid to set him off. He is always imposing HIS wants, HIS needs on his partner, and very dogmatically. I've seen no attempt on his part to try to compromise or even admit there might be other ways of satisfying his wants. He is a Class-A jerk.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Steve’s father knows him and thinks he is a hobo, so what is the rest of us supposed to think?  MAYBE he has extensive savings. More importantly, let's hope he has health insurance because that's the number one killer on savings.

This is what kills me.  Why did they match these mismatches?  All of them do not belong together for different reasons, and it’s not right.  Another unnecessary thing is Dr. Viviana.  She’s talking sex with couples who just met.  Lots of people do not want to talk about sex, especially on tv.  Sometimes it does more harm than good.  I don’t know how Mark could even look at Lindsey after she told everyone about their sex problems.  She has a big mouth and I hope he says NO.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Yeah No said:

9 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Mark and Lindsey just need to end it. He will never be good enough in bed to satisfy her and she will never stop letting everyone know how she is unsatisfied. But, Mark is also not a prize. As she mentioned on the Afterparty, and I will post in that thread, it is very obvious that Mark has trouble setting boundaries and saying no to people, especially women.  He wants everyone to like him and doesn't care if he hurts the feelings of the woman he is supposed to be devoted to - his wife. Lindsey is never going to get the man she wants if she stays with Mark. If they stay together on D Day, it won't last. And it shouldn't. They are wrong for each other and I am not sure that either one of them will find a good match.

Expand  

Mark might be a romantic.  If he loves someone, the sex would be different and good.  There would be forplay, hugging and kissing, then good sex.  He doesn’t like Lindsey and her ways, so is just satisfying himself and not putting any effort to satisfy her.  Just do it and get it over with.  If he loved her, sex would be different.  Sex with someone you love is the best.  Mark is not in love.  There’s no feeling there on his part.  Her, I don’t know, nor do I care.  To me, she’s a horror.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 6
On 3/9/2022 at 6:00 PM, Elizzikra said:

It was funny but I think it was also clear that it really hurt him at the time and he was expressing that clearly and noticeably. All she had to do was notice his obvious discomfort and apologize - so she was laughing with him and not at him.

I am increasingly convinced that Jasmina is a rigid narcissist.  She seems to be learning nothing from their conversations and always thinks she is right. I couldn't make head or tail of that scene of hers in the hall when they were talking about journaling.  He was just suggesting it, not demanding it.  And that comment about her vagina really took Dr. Viv aback, not just because it was crude but because it was so hostile.  I think if she watches this back she may feel ashamed at how cruel and condescending she comes off.  Pot, you are the kettle. The yoga lesson seemed to help, we will see.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Did I miss Steve ever saying before that he did all the cooking and cleaning? How long does it take to clean that small apartment? 

If he plans on not working again then his (supposed) hefty bank account will not last long. I don't believe him, anyway. Although....I have a cousin that was laid off and received a severance pkg of $250,000! I don't know how a company can be laying off people and afford that kind of a payout. Maybe Steve worked for a company like that. I still don't believe him, I think he is full of shit. His dad would never have made the hobo remark if there wasn't some truth to it. 

What in the heck were the girls talking about missing dating? First of all, they have been married all of 3 weeks, second of all why would you even want to get married in the first place if dating was so successful for you and you already miss it? They're all morons. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
17 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Did I miss Steve ever saying before that he did all the cooking and cleaning? How long does it take to clean that small apartment? 

If he plans on not working again then his (supposed) hefty bank account will not last long. I don't believe him, anyway. Although....I have a cousin that was laid off and received a severance pkg of $250,000! I don't know how a company can be laying off people and afford that kind of a payout. Maybe Steve worked for a company like that. I still don't believe him, I think he is full of shit. His dad would never have made the hobo remark if there wasn't some truth to it. 

What in the heck were the girls talking about missing dating? First of all, they have been married all of 3 weeks, second of all why would you even want to get married in the first place if dating was so successful for you and you already miss it? They're all morons. 

Even if you get a payout of $250,000 you lost about 20% in taxes. That brings you to $200,000. If you’re smart, you stash some of it in a retirement account because you can’t live on Social Security (which was never intended to be retirees’ only source of income, but I digress). Let’s say you put aside 10%, so now you are at $180,000. you want to make that money last 3 years, you have a monthly budget of about $5,00”, which isn’t chump change but also doesn’t go too far in Boston. You’re probably earning negligible interest. You have rent which I’d say is at least $2,000/month for something similar to what they are living in now. Another - what? $800 a month for health insurance although maybe they can get a family policy through Noi’s employer for less than it costs Steven to purchase a separate policy. Then you have food, entertainment, car insurance and maybe a car payment, cell phone, internet, renter’s insurance etc. all this assumes no unforeseen costs. You are maybe putting something aside i savings but I’d think something big like a down payment on a house is in the distant future if at all. And when the three years is up - what then? 

it’s just a hypothetical but my point is that even if you do have a big lump sum in savings, it doesn’t go far. Time flies and when money is only going out and not coming in, time flies faster and it flies economy class…

• Love 4
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Mark might be a romantic.  If he loves someone, the sex would be different and good.  There would be forplay, hugging and kissing, then good sex.  He doesn’t like Lindsey and her ways, so is just satisfying himself and not putting any effort to satisfy her.  Just do it and get it over with.  If he loved her, sex would be different.  Sex with someone you love is the best.  Mark is not in love.  There’s no feeling there on his part.  Her, I don’t know, nor do I care.  To me, she’s a horror.

It's interesting.  Mark talked about how the first time they had sex, it was romantic--they were lying next to each other, felt the vibe, etc.  Lyndsey says she wants to be wooed but when they did their sex exercise she was so manic and was laughing crazily the whole time.  Maybe it was the gags that made them laugh at how silly each looked, but I got the feeling her frenetic laughing was uncomfortable and meant to deflect any real connection.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

No, it isn't, at the time and maybe forever. I had a grown man insult me in front of others  when I was about nine, and have never forgotten the incident. 

But I hope I could tell that anecdote now in a way to amuse. And actually as Michael began I thought he was going for the humor. His seriousness at the end surprised me, as it did Jasmine.

I don't even recall now what prompted him. 

Just one more example among the couples of  unsuitability. 

About Noi: In a college Education class the professor asked if anybody there was concerned about retirement and pensions. Mine was the lone raised hand. If Noi thinks long-term about Social Security, pensions, and the like, then maybe Steve's ability to freelance isn't enough psychic comfort. 

One thing about Noi, for somebody who took a huge chance to marry at first sight, she is extremely inflexible, it doesn’t really add up.  I do like Steve a lot and they do seem very loving and engaged on many levels I hope she can be open minded too.  I used to fantasize about having a stay at home amazing husband who did everything lol. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
On 3/9/2022 at 5:36 PM, Mr. Miner said:

Would it kill someone to hand Katina a tissue? She’s going to take an eye out with those claws. 

I was trying to remember who got up & got their wife a tissue when they started crying. I thought it was Zack, but now I think it was Mr. Irish Goodbye. 😂 O seemed especially heartless when he was rolling his eyes as she cried like she was faking it or something WHY don't the "experts" just point out how unproductive certain talk is?!!! The four horsemen... HELLO?!?!!!! How would he like it if she criticized him like that & said he wasn't measuring up as a husband? 

• Love 3

Are O&K & S&N gunna actually resolve their issue or keep talking it to death?!?!!!!! Like. How do they keep going without resolve? It's so bizarre! Steve saying the home won't be as clean & the food won't be as good was so funny & if he gets a job there's no going back... DRAMATIC!!! O & N are stupid rigid. They need to stop & work with their spouse.

• Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 10:48 PM, Kip1 said:

I thought Dr. Viviana suggested journaling to them. Michael said he was uncomfortable bringing things up to Jasmina because of the way Jasmina responds. Dr. V suggested maybe Michael could journal and let Jasmina read it.

I forgot how that even came about! It got lost in their stupid disagreement. It was his "problem." Journaling was suggested to him. Jas should've just said that. She's one to talk about disrespect. He can say she's disrespectful in many ways. She hid in the hallway til a producer got her & had her back to him & rolled her eyes when he talked. Real respectful & mature!

Screenshot_20220311-044955~2.png

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Time flies and when money is only going out and not coming in, time flies faster

Exactly. I'm seeing comments about him being burned out on "corporate America"(and I wouldn't be surprised if he were) & Noi being nervous about consulting/freelancing income not being steady, but I honestly don't know where that sentiment is coming from. He does not want to work. Not in corporate America, not in a tiny company, not in his apartment, he doesn't want an employer, he doesn't want to be his own employer, he doesn't want a job. I don't care if he doing ok now, as the saying goes, money doesn't grow on trees.

19 minutes ago, Lindz said:

She hid in the hallway til a producer got her & had her back to him & rolled her eyes when he talked.

Just imagine her reaction if he did that to her.

• Love 7

Sorry Steve, but i'd rather my husband work and bring in income than have the place "spotless." Sorry, but you ain't cleaning 5-7 days a week and it's not even necessary that you do.  I'm team Noi on this one. I like Steve's personality the best out of all the guys, but it would turn me off that he has no plans to get back to work in any capacity. Living off of a savings for a short time is ok, but you shouldn't rely on it forever and it's not fair to your partner. If he doesn't want to work in a corporate type of place, then start your own business or do something you aren't miserable doing. But do something.

• Love 10
14 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Lindsay - I don't think she has any idea how to NOT be crass and vulgar. If she wants to be wooed, she needs to present a persona worth wooing. It seems to me that she immediately dismisses any and all suggestions that she needs to change anything about her delivery.

Dr. Viv told her to stop being rude & she totally ignored it & said it was hard to talk to him. It was good that Viv said if she wants better she shouldn't be talking like that. Unfortunately, it didn't look like Lindsey received it & Viv should've discussed it further. It was also weird that the show waited til now to tell them not to hit below the belt & worse, that M&L didn't decide that for themselves. They're doomed.

• Love 3

That movie night segment was wayyy too long with O's ramblings. A few minutes could've been cut & wtf was that replay of him getting spanked??? It was like they were playing a gif! Then a front & back massage. Then a body shot! AH! They should've cut those out! 😆 I'm so curious to see what the phone drama is next week! Is she talking to another guy or something? It better be legit & not him overreacting over nothing.

• Love 1

It's mind-boggling that some people know they don't handle conflict appropriately & don't fix it. Especially when they know they're getting married. They shouldn't be like, "this destructive behavior is what I do." They should be practicing or thinking of alternatives. Noi said she usually says hurtful things so she did something disrespectful instead. She should watch Michaela to see how that goes. She better correct her behavior. Steve shouldn't have had to play the hurt card to inspire her to change.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

His father called him a "vagabond", but same thing, pretty much.  I agree with you that he's full of shit and is now trying to cover himself by coming up with this new "vocation" for himself of homemaker.  Whatever, Steve. 🙄

9 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Even if you get a payout of $250,000 you lost about 20% in taxes. That brings you to $200,000. If you’re smart, you stash some of it in a retirement account because you can’t live on Social Security (which was never intended to be retirees’ only source of income, but I digress). Let’s say you put aside 10%, so now you are at $180,000. you want to make that money last 3 years, you have a monthly budget of about $5,00”, which isn’t chump change but also doesn’t go too far in Boston. You’re probably earning negligible interest. You have rent which I’d say is at least $2,000/month for something similar to what they are living in now. Another - what? $800 a month for health insurance although maybe they can get a family policy through Noi’s employer for less than it costs Steven to purchase a separate policy. Then you have food, entertainment, car insurance and maybe a car payment, cell phone, internet, renter’s insurance etc. all this assumes no unforeseen costs. You are maybe putting something aside i savings but I’d think something big like a down payment on a house is in the distant future if at all. And when the three years is up - what then? 

it’s just a hypothetical but my point is that even if you do have a big lump sum in savings, it doesn’t go far. Time flies and when money is only going out and not coming in, time flies faster and it flies economy class…

At Steve's age it's unrealistic to think you can live on that for the rest of your life even if your spouse is working and has a good job, especially in the Boston area.  He'd have to have way more than that saved to justify his goal of not working ever again.  He's too young to do that.  Even if he invested it the way the market has been going no one is making very much right now.  Last year it was different so maybe he was full of that optimism, but the market hasn't been doing that well since then.  The market volatility doesn't inspire confidence so that's one main problem with relying on that for income. 

On top of that people spend more money when they're younger because they have more expenses - buying and furnishing a home, having and supporting children, etc.  That money's gonna fly out faster than it's coming in if he doesn't do anything about it.  And this "I can get a contracting gig any time I want" crap is just BS if you ask me.  Show me your drive.  He's not showing any drive or ambition for anything.  It's his attitude more than anything that does not inspire confidence that he has any willingness to work if he has to.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Alexander Pope said:

It's interesting.  Mark talked about how the first time they had sex, it was romantic--they were lying next to each other, felt the vibe, etc.  Lyndsey says she wants to be wooed but when they did their sex exercise she was so manic and was laughing crazily the whole time.  Maybe it was the gags that made them laugh at how silly each looked, but I got the feeling her frenetic laughing was uncomfortable and meant to deflect any real connection.

YES !  The first time was good because he thought he had found the one.  After he got to know her, he lost that feeling.  You can’t have good sex with a Clown.  She’s everything he doesn’t want, so how could he be romantic?  She probably laughs while doing it.  She’s a big mess.  She wants to be wooed?  Then stop being a pain in the ass, opiniated, loud drunk who insults people, and act like a lady.  Then maybe you will be wooed.  Men do not like loud, rough, drunk women.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

"I can get a contracting gig any time I want" crap is just BS if you ask me. 

Agreed! I'm sure he can. The issue is whether or not he will.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, becauseIsaidso said:

Lindsay - I don't think she has any idea how to NOT be crass and vulgar. If she wants to be wooed, she needs to present a persona worth wooing. It seems to me that she immediately dismisses any and all suggestions that she needs to change anything about her deilvery. I think Mark is one of those AJ types who just does NOT want to have ALL the important stuff out there, and I agree. I would think the couples need to have some part of this that is kept private from the cameras and microphones. I think Mark would be much more relaxed and open if he could trust Lindsay to show some discretion and get her vocabulary out of the gutter.

100 times Yes.  Everyone says what a good person she is.  Where?  Because she sympathetic?  She’s loud, drinks too much, doesn’t mind her business, belittles him, talks about her sex life, buts into people’s business, jokes around too much. Etc.  She’s not a lady.  She’s everything a man does not want.  She started up on the plane already and Mark had to fix it.  That would be his life.  I love Noi.  She’s sweet, always has a smile on her face and acts like a lady should.  She’s a pleasure to be around.  I just hope Steve realizes that and gets a job with benefits.  She’s a great catch.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

100 times Yes.  Everyone says what a good person she is.  Where?  Because she sympathetic?  She’s loud, drinks too much, doesn’t mind her business, belittles him, talks about her sex life, buts into people’s business, jokes around too much. Etc.  She’s not a lady.  She’s everything a man does not want.  She started up on the plane already and Mark had to fix it.  That would be his life.  I love Noi.  She’s sweet, always has a smile on her face and acts like a lady should.  She’s a pleasure to be around.  I just hope Steve realizes that and gets a job with benefits.  She’s a great catch.

I like him, but I would not trust Steve to want to keep a job. I can see him getting one to please her but then in a few years, after starting on those 3 kids,  decide that he just wants his freedom to roam or be a house-husband and Noi would be stuck.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, endure said:

oo.  I used to fantasize about having a stay at home amazing husband who did everything lol. 

I think it’s easier to go to work everyday than to stay at home and do it all with kids no less.  On call 24 hours per day.  I told the husband he owes me a zillion dollars, lol, as I worked part time also.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

100 times Yes.  Everyone says what a good person she is.  Where?  Because she sympathetic?  She’s loud, drinks too much, doesn’t mind her business, belittles him, talks about her sex life, buts into people’s business, jokes around too much. Etc.  She’s not a lady.  She’s everything a man does not want.  She started up on the plane already and Mark had to fix it.  That would be his life. 

What really gets me about Lindsey is that she wants to be "wooed" but doesn't seem to realize that she is doing everything to prevent a guy from wanting to woo her.  Everything she does just kills any desire to be romantic.  It sticks a stake right through the heart of anyone that might have a romantic feeling toward her.  She's crass, brash and low class.  Lewd, rude and crude.  She's a romance killer!

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Yeah No said:

What really gets me about Lindsey is that she wants to be "wooed" but doesn't seem to realize that she is doing everything to prevent a guy from wanting to woo her.  Everything she does just kills any desire to be romantic.  It sticks a stake right through the heart of anyone that might have a romantic feeling toward her.  She's crass, brash and low class.  Lewd, rude and crude.  She's a romance killer!

those last two sentences would make a great Hall and Oates lyric!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Yes.  I could just see my husband coming home after work to have those stupid guns shooting at him.  He would take the Guns and me and throw us out the window.  Then go and read his newspapers.  Lindsey thinks she’s so cute and fun.  There’s a time and place.

• Love 3
27 minutes ago, Alexander Pope said:
29 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

She's crass, brash and low class.  Lewd, rude and crude.  She's a romance killer!

those last two sentences would make a great Hall and Oates lyric!

Including the prior sentence is needed too!!

• Love 6
31 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes.  I could just see my husband coming home after work to have those stupid guns shooting at him.  He would take the Guns and me and throw us out the window.  Then go and read his newspapers.  Lindsey thinks she’s so cute and fun.  There’s a time and place.

I've been trying not to be mean but Lindsey reminds me of a certain kind of Boston Bar Hag I remember from when I used to go up there to visit friends and go to the many pubs and dive bars 25 years ago.

Lindsey in 25 years:

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

WTF is Lindsey saying about it being better without Alyssa? They got mani/pedis last episode without her. That was the time to say that. She'd been gone long before that outing. Guess she had to take a dig in case any previous ones got cut, encouraged by producers, of course. 🤔😉

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

I've been trying not to be mean but Lindsey reminds me of a certain kind of Boston Bar Hag I remember from when I used to go up there to visit friends and go to the many pubs and dive bars 25 years ago.

Lindsey in 25 years:

Haha .. I was thinking the same thing.  She looks the type to sit at the bar by herself, get plastered and talk loud and stupid to everyone.  Her voice sounds like a guy.  Does she have false teeth?  Or are they all capped?  She sure shows them off a lot so everyone notices.  Terrible, I know.

• Love 3
On 3/9/2022 at 9:22 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Olajuwon really knows how to shovel the shit. Shut up already. She didn’t invent the wheel. She poured some popcorn into little boxes that she bought at HomeGoods.

or that the producers bought at HomeGoods?

• Love 8
On 3/9/2022 at 9:03 PM, ECM1231 said:

I'm tired of looking at Jasmina's sour face. Please, Jasmina, just put yourself and us, out of misery, and pull the plug on this marriage.

This is true. I wonder if some of these very very dry personalities (not shaming mental health issues AT ALL-just curious) are from being on some form of medication. Not the 1st time on this show I've questioned the behaviors some cast exhibit.  I get more exciteable about things than these people do and it's *their* lives!! I'm often critiqued by my mother-in-law for being a loud talker. I just come from loud women. Not obnoxious, just volume is hard to control when I get excited about anything. These people talk really low in my opinion. So not only low emote but low volume as well. Noi is sort of like that also. She is a very quiet person.  Nothing wrong with it. It's just a very specific thing. I couldn't do it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2022 at 11:05 PM, Adeejay said:

I was under the impression that Steve was taking a break to do the show and would return to work when the season wrapped.  Unless I missed it, he didn’t say anything about being independently wealthy, but he made it perfectly clear that he has no intention of working. 

I just can't help but wonder if this is all producer shenanigans, either in terms of deliberately asking Steve and Noi not to discuss the specifics that we are all wondering about, or in terms of editing out all those parts of the conversation.  It just seems weird and disjointed sometimes when they are discussing it.  It also seemed like something was edited out when Keshia asked him about it on one of the Afterparty episode...he started talking about doing the cooking, cleaning, etc, and I think he did mention something about paying the bills, and then Keshia seemed satisfied, but I remember thinking that it seemed like part of his answer had been cut off.

On 3/9/2022 at 9:21 PM, ECM1231 said:

Ain't that the truth! She's cold! I just can't imagine her as an early childhood educator. There is no warmth to her at all. Scowl, scowl, scowl.

She's like the old school stereotype of the Catholic school nun!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

I just can't help but wonder if this is all producer shenanigans, either in terms of deliberately asking Steve and Noi not to discuss the specifics that we are all wondering about, or in terms of editing out all those parts of the conversation.  It just seems weird and disjointed sometimes when they are discussing it.  It also seemed like something was edited out when Keshia asked him about it on one of the Afterparty episode...he started talking about doing the cooking, cleaning, etc, and I think he did mention something about paying the bills, and then Keshia seemed satisfied, but I remember thinking that it seemed like part of his answer had been cut off.

I've been wondering that too for the same reason.  Something's not adding up with their scenes and conversations about Steve and working.  Also, they seem so happy and in love in other scenes that don't seem consistent with their disagreements about him working or not working.  When I see disconnects like that it makes me suspicious that the editing monkeys are at work again trying to throw us off and create drama.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/9/2022 at 7:00 PM, Gator Stud said:

What a bad episode name.  It should be Mighty Mighty Bostoners.  Or Mighty Mighty Boss Stoners.

I think they used Bonds because of all the bondage in the sex baskets.

On 3/10/2022 at 9:09 AM, For Cereals said:

Yep…the way she puts her hands to her head really bothers me.  It’s not just tears, it looks like a panicked trauma response.  He’s breaking her down.  

I always think she's adjusting her wig because it moved when she grimaced her face.

On 3/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, Nancybeth said:

Edited to talk about Jasmina...she reminds me of a friend of mine who is also an educator. She's never been a warm, friendly, sweet kind of teacher, no matter what age she taught. She uses that same teacher tone and facial expression and has a tendency to start lecturing. It has not gone over well with her previous partners.

We're tired, y'all! 😭

On 3/10/2022 at 2:42 PM, kristen111 said:

Yes to all, and why did the experts put them together in the first place? It’s cruel and done for drama.  Michael crying on tv is heartbreaking, Katina too. 

Right?! Very heartfelt, unlike Alyssa's crocodile tears.

On 3/10/2022 at 4:01 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

And I've mentioned this before, but is Mark a good "face" for a gym?  He's HUGE in the shoulders, but so doughy in the middle.  

Mark is a big guy, but I thought his midsection looked tight when he took off his shirt this episode. Not doughy at all. Chris, on the other hand, was very doughy.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Blissfool said:
On 3/9/2022 at 8:00 PM, Gator Stud said:

What a bad episode name.  It should be Mighty Mighty Bostoners.  Or Mighty Mighty Boss Stoners.

I think they used Bonds because of all the bondage in the sex baskets.

I thought the episode title was a play on the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, a long time Boston based band with some national fame that only recently broke up this year:

122109bosssilo.jpg?w=1101

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

If Steve is doing all the housework while this is being filmed right now, well,  he’s the one not working at another job while filming.  He is the one with more time to do it.  That doesn’t mean Noi should feel ok being a slob( no idea if she is nor not).  She should continue to pick after herself and also do things like clear off the table if he cooks. 
She doesn’t  want to be the only person bringing in steady  income.  She isn’t going to magically change that mindset, He doesn’t want to bring in steady income. They don’t fit- especially if there will be children to support. She’s the type that’s going to want to take extended maternity leave, but will feel unable to do so / because he won’t feel the need to go to work then. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Yeah No said:

I thought the episode title was a play on the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, a long time Boston based band with some national fame that only recently broke up this year:

122109bosssilo.jpg?w=1101

Oh yeah, definitely.  I was just saying that they used the word "bonds" because of the bondage featured in this episode. 

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, Kdawg82 said:

This is true. I wonder if some of these very very dry personalities (not shaming mental health issues AT ALL-just curious) are from being on some form of medication. Not the 1st time on this show I've questioned the behaviors some cast exhibit.  I get more exciteable about things than these people do and it's *their* lives!! I'm often critiqued by my mother-in-law for being a loud talker. I just come from loud women. Not obnoxious, just volume is hard to control when I get excited about anything. These people talk really low in my opinion. So not only low emote but low volume as well. Noi is sort of like that also. She is a very quiet person.  Nothing wrong with it. It's just a very specific thing. I couldn't do it. 

Nothing wrong with talking loud.  Doesn’t mean you’re not kind. 😀

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Oh yeah, definitely.  I was just saying that they used the word "bonds" because of the bondage featured in this episode. 

And maybe the "bonds" of marriage?  Just stabbing in the dark there.....😉

Boss stoners would have been the best!  They could have given them a bowl of joints and we could have watched Olaj beating his chest about cleaning.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

If Steve is doing all the housework while this is being filmed right now, well,  he’s the one not working at another job while filming.  He is the one with more time to do it.  That doesn’t mean Noi should feel ok being a slob( no idea if she is nor not).  She should continue to pick after herself and also do things like clear off the table if he cooks. 
She doesn’t  want to be the only person bringing in steady  income.  She isn’t going to magically change that mindset, He doesn’t want to bring in steady income. They don’t fit- especially if there will be children to support. She’s the type that’s going to want to take extended maternity leave, but will feel unable to do so / because he won’t feel the need to go to work then. 

So who’s going to take care of their kids ..Steve?  He’s going to be Mr. Mom?  I wouldn’t be comfortable with that if I were her.  But, you never know.  Mavybe some men know the ropes.

6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

So who’s going to take care of their kids ..Steve?  He’s going to be Mr. Mom?  I wouldn’t be comfortable with that if I were her.  But, you never know.  Mavybe some men know the ropes.

Why not? 

Before we met, my husband was a single father to a young daughter. He did great. They have a wonderful relationship and he is a fabulous husband and father.

• Love 4
44 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Why not? 

Before we met, my husband was a single father to a young daughter. He did great. They have a wonderful relationship and he is a fabulous husband and father.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion but I would like to share mine.  I think some men are cut out for it, and some men, although willing and happy to do it aren't really cut out for it.  The same applies to women of course but even in these so-called socially advanced times, fewer men are socialized or have the temperament to handle full time caregiving than would ideally be the case.  And even if they are good at it their spouses might not think so for any number of reasons pointed out in this article which cites examples of why some women don't like it. Also, a lot of women want to be the primary caregiver and they might feel like they're missing something because their husband has assumed the role.  I get the feeling Noi is like that and wouldn't feel comfortable with Steve taking that role even if he was great at it.  She even said something in this episode about it not being "what she envisioned".  That's another reason presented in the article I linked above.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Yeah No said:

I know you didn't ask for my opinion but I would like to share mine.  I think some men are cut out for it, and some men, although willing and happy to do it aren't really cut out for it.  The same applies to women of course but even in these so-called socially advanced times, fewer men are socialized or have the temperament to handle full time caregiving than would ideally be the case.  And even if they are good at it their spouses might not think so for any number of reasons pointed out in this article which cites examples of why some women don't like it. Also, a lot of women want to be the primary caregiver and they might feel like they're missing something because their husband has assumed the role.  I get the feeling Noi is like that and wouldn't feel comfortable with Steve taking that role even if he was great at it.  She even said something in this episode about it not being "what she envisioned".  That's another reason presented in the article I linked above.

I don’t think most of that article has to be gender specific. I think a lot of people that work full time feel like they are missing out on things with their kids. A lot of people are frustrated that the stay at home parent doesn’t keep the house clean enough or cook or whatever, but there is no reason that a woman is inherently better at being a stay at home parent than a man is.

sure, maybe Noi wanted to be a SAHM. I totally get that and she and Steve need to figure that out somehow. But I do t think that Noi is automatically better suited to be a stay at home parent than Steve simply because she is a woman. And my husband would be the first to tell any couple that we plan and God laughs. You may plan to be a breadwinning dad with a SAHM wife but circumstances can change at the drop of a hat and you learn pretty quickly that having a penis doesn’t disqualify you from changing a diaper or doing laundry or cooking a meal.

3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I don’t think most of that article has to be gender specific. I think a lot of people that work full time feel like they are missing out on things with their kids. A lot of people are frustrated that the stay at home parent doesn’t keep the house clean enough or cook or whatever, but there is no reason that a woman is inherently better at being a stay at home parent than a man is.

sure, maybe Noi wanted to be a SAHM. I totally get that and she and Steve need to figure that out somehow. But I do t think that Noi is automatically better suited to be a stay at home parent than Steve simply because she is a woman. And my husband would be the first to tell any couple that we plan and God laughs. You may plan to be a breadwinning dad with a SAHM wife but circumstances can change at the drop of a hat and you learn pretty quickly that having a penis doesn’t disqualify you from changing a diaper or doing laundry or cooking a meal.

I don't think Noi is necessarily inherently better at being a stay at home parent than Steve just by virtue of being a woman, but she still might be better, at least in her mind and that's what the article was getting at.  Not whether men or women are better in general, but how the women feel about their husbands taking on that primary role.  And they don't always love it or feel comfortable with it for many different reasons.  And that's what @kristen111 was saying, that she wouldn't feel comfortable with it.  There are many reasons not to feel comfortable with it that don't imply that women are better at it in general.

13 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Nothing wrong with talking loud.  Doesn’t mean you’re not kind. 😀

Thank you. I needed to hear that after the stressful week I've been having. I'll remember your words when I go on vacay with M-I-L next week and remind myself to be kind at all times. It's a struggle. But I began to envy these mellow people in my middle years now. I feel like it's elegant and classy to talk quietly and I'm a louder Jersey Girl 😖. I guess someone really got into my head lol. I'm not even from a culture considered to be loud so it's just purely the suburban Jersey influence. 

• Love 3