Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/7/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, March 7 – Topher Grace (ABC’s “Home Economics”)

Tuesday, March 8 – Stephanie Grisham guest co-hosts; Kristin Chenoweth (author, “What Will I Do with My Love Today?,” “My Moment: 106 Women on Fighting for Themselves”)

Wednesday, March 9 – Stephanie Grisham guest co-hosts; Christopher Meloni (“Law & Order: Organized Crime”)

Thursday, March 10 – Samuel L. Jackson (“The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey”)

Friday, March 11 – Gabrielle Union (“Cheaper by the Dozen”)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, falltime said:

Gabrielle Union (“Cheaper by the Dozen”)

Why do they have to call these movies "Cheaper by the Dozen" when the only thing they have in common with the original is that it's a big family?  I'm feeling grumpy about this.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, geekburger said:

This seems like another attempt to make waves then try out an actual candidate. Why can’t they find a younger Conservative voice who isn’t linked to Trump?

No politics allowed. Or so I've been told. & warned

• LOL 1

We look forward to welcoming guest co-hosts for return appearances and introducing new names into the mix in the new year.”  copied the from the decider article.  So does that mean we have 9 more months of that shit?

8 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Looks like Hasslebeck cancelled on the View. Their press release said she was coming back in February...

I saw an Instagram post where she said she’s going to be on the show in the spring. I can’t find it now, but she was talking about her book, Flashlight Night: An Adventure in Trusting God.

15 hours ago, Buckeye71034 said:

Looks like Hasslebeck cancelled on the View. Their press release said she was coming back in February...

awww...NOT.  maybe she's afraid she would have to talk about religion vs political 

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I saw an Instagram post where she said she’s going to be on the show in the spring. I can’t find it now, but she was talking about her book, Flashlight Night: An Adventure in Trusting God.

I really hope they aren’t chemistry testing her to come back

• Love 4

I believe they had been thinking of bringing Hasselbeck back (as co-host) at one time last Fall, but I think ABC's vaccine requirements of their employees and guests may have been what spared us here. It's the same reason we've been mercifully spared Jedidiah Bila outside one remote appearance.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4
(edited)

Joy has the day off. “Thank goodness.”  Really, Whoopi?

These women are not well enough informed to discuss the implications of NATO’s response to the war.  Ana is the only one who is showing any depth of knowledge in her comments.

I must be extra salty today because they are all irritating me.  Every convo is annoying.

And I hate the name Topher.

Edited by Haleth
  • LOL 6
  • Love 10
(edited)

^ That did bother me at first, too, but I think she just meant thank goodness that Joy gets some time to rest after falling last week. Whoopi and her daily struggle with the English language...

I'm sort of checked out without Joy there, but I also thought Ana was the best in the Ukraine discussion.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 12
57 minutes ago, Haleth said:

These women are not well enough informed to discuss the implications of NATO’s response to the war.  Ana is the only one who is showing any depth of knowledge in her comments.

I can live with the cohosts being out of their depth. It's when one of them purposely gives misleading information that I hate. And thankfully that doesn't happen anymore. At least not with the regular cohosts.  

58 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I'm not crazy about the name either but I love his show.  Home Economics is very funny.

• Love 4

I can't remember what I had for dinner yesterday but I can remember that Ashton Kutcher and Topher Grace share the first name Christopher; a factoid I learned a hundred years ago when That '70s Show was on the air. 

I have caught Home Economics a few times channel surfing and I agree, it's a really funny show.  I also like Topher Grace; he has a certain vibe about him that I find appealing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Haleth said:

I must be extra salty today because they are all irritating me.  Every convo is annoying.

And this is exactly why I think it’s a mistake to continue to make this a political show by adding a right wing voice.  Being in a younger person for that voice and forget making this a flashy political view show.  Other than Ana they are not political analysts doing the research, etc.  So why do they need a conservative person who IS a political analyst?  Those are the women they’ve been trying out and then it’s totally lopsided as the rest of them are simply people with personal opinions, not researched analysis.  Really bugs me.  

• Love 19

I did enjoy Ana cunningly crapping on Sunny’s horrendously ignorant “defense” of opera singer Anna Netrebko, a staunch Putin supporter who absolutely deserves “cancellation.” Sunny spouts opinions which are borne out of shocking ignorance sometimes.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, TimWil said:

I did enjoy Ana cunningly crapping on Sunny’s horrendously ignorant “defense” of opera singer Anna Netrebko, a staunch Putin supporter who absolutely deserves “cancellation.” Sunny spouts opinions which are borne out of shocking ignorance sometimes.

I was surprised Sunny was making it sound like the opera singer was cancelled just because she was Russian.  How did she miss the fact the singer has been pro Putin? 

And enough with hearing about Sunny losing on Jeopardy.  But the Topher Grace interview was fun.  Most of their celeb interviews seem scripted but this one flowed naturally.  

• Love 6
(edited)

No Joy again?  I was looking forward to her being on the panel today.

Wow, Stephanie Grisham is not an apologist for trump. Her candor surprises me.

Whats the difference between making kids feel bad about being white in teaching history and making kids feel bad about feeling different because of their burgeoning sexuality?  Why is it ok to make kids uncomfortable in the latter situation but sends some people into a tizzy in the former situation?  Shouldn’t all these things be opportunities to talk and learn?

Ok, that’s probably the end of the show in the eastern time zone.  

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 6

Since Joy was there Friday and nothing seemed at all wrong with her, I think this is another case of having her off to protect the conservative guest try-outs. *eyeroll* 

I watched yesterday since Ana was there, but no thanks at today's show. As soon as the camera turned to the guest co-host with the crazy eyes, I turned it off.

• Love 1

Sunny was really looking for a fight and I was looking forward to watching it.  But, we have a news conference instead.

Although I have to wonder if Joy got hurt from her fall, I would hope, if she did, that they would have changed the seating by now.

• Love 5
33 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I read her book.  She is most definitely a never Trumper.  However she did work for the administration up to January 7 so she gets no points from me.

• Love 8
(edited)

Yeah.  Stephanie Grisham worked for the Trumps for about 4 years, so, she couldn’t have completely been a never Trumper.  She was a Trumper when she accepted the job.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Since Joy was there Friday and nothing seemed at all wrong with her, I think this is another case of having her off to protect the conservative guest try-outs. *eyeroll* 

Friday was the only day after she fell.  She could have felt worse over the weekend with pain, bruises and maybe went to the doctor.

I really hope she is ok.

• Love 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

I read her book.  She is most definitely a never Trumper.  However she did work for the administration up to January 7 so she gets no points from me.

I don't think you get to be called a "Never Trumper" when you worked for him through January 6, 2021. Stephanie Grisham may not be a Trump apologist now, but I suspect that is because she realized she had already squeezed the last bit of juice from the orange.

She worked for him right through the insurrection, resigned, then wrote a tell-all -- based on all the stuff she knew he was doing, helped him do, and covered for -- so she could cash in. This is not a good person.

Once again, I'll not be watching for at least two days this week. In theory, I understand why The View would want to represent more perspectives. However, they're fishing in the paid liar pool. If they can't find a conservative woman, outside of that pool, it is because they're not looking outside of that pool.

Edited by General Days
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, General Days said:

I don't think you get to be called a "Never Trumper" when you worked for him through January 6, 2021. Stephanie Grisham may not be a Trump apologist now, but I suspect that is because she realized she had already squeezed the last bit of juice from the orange.

She worked for him right through the insurrection, resigned, then wrote a tell-all -- based on all the stuff she knew he was doing, helped him do, and covered for -- so she could cash in. This is not a good person.

Oh I agree with you.  Spin is her business and she is spinning the narrative that blah blah blah.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, General Days said:

However, they're fishing in the paid liar pool. If they can't find a conservative woman, outside of that pool, it is because they're not looking outside of that pool.

Exactly.  There are a lot of people who switched allegiance from Republican to Independent when Trump was elected and even more who made the switch in the aftermath of the insurrection.  They are still conservative and they'll probably go back to being Republican eventually.  I find it extremely hard to believe that The View can't find a single woman from this cohort who would make a good co-host.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Superficial-Sara's body is banging! I need to google her diet and fitness routine.

I sure hope our dear Joy is okay. 

I think it's called three little ones LOL.  Not much time to eat and chasing them is her cardio.  I'm worried for Joy too.  It's not unheard of to get sore after the incident.  Plus, forgive me Joy, but the bounce back isn't so easy.  She's probably thinking its kismet for putting her foot on the table lol

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I was surprised Sunny was making it sound like the opera singer was cancelled just because she was Russian.  How did she miss the fact the singer has been pro Putin? 

And enough with hearing about Sunny losing on Jeopardy.  But the Topher Grace interview was fun.  Most of their celeb interviews seem scripted but this one flowed naturally.  

Thanks to Topher.  He seems like a fun guy to have around or be friends with.  Very upbeat and funny.  Someone asked about his name, and if it hasn't been answered already, I think it's short for Christopher.  Ps..who didn't have a crush on Eric Foreman.  Plus growing up in that era, could totally relate.

• Love 3

I'm getting tired of Sunny's "twice impeached, blah, blah, blah" schtick. It was funny at first, but now it is tedious and kind of childish. If you feel you can't say someone's name (or don't want to) for whatever reason, maybe you shouldn't talk about them all the time. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Rightside said:

Friday was the only day after she fell.  She could have felt worse over the weekend with pain, bruises and maybe went to the doctor.

I really hope she is ok.

I would be more likely to believe that if they hadn't had Joy off for the conservative try-outs multiple times in the past. If they can't handle Joy, they can GTFO, imo.

2 hours ago, KittyQ said:

I'm getting tired of Sunny's "twice impeached, blah, blah, blah" schtick. It was funny at first, but now it is tedious and kind of childish. If you feel you can't say someone's name (or don't want to) for whatever reason, maybe you shouldn't talk about them all the time. 

On the contrary, this is one of my favorite things Sunny does and I hope she keeps it going. Now, Whoopi's "You Know Who," on the other hand... I always thought that was silly, but it was worth it for her slip-up last week and Joy feigning shock, lol.

• Love 18
15 minutes ago, KittyQ said:

If this bothers you don't watch Colbert.  It's been a running gag for awhile now that he never says that name.  He even has the audience sending it suggestions.  At least Sunny isn't doing that.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, SusannahM said:

If this bothers you don't watch Colbert.  It's been a running gag for awhile now that he never says that name.  He even has the audience sending it suggestions.  At least Sunny isn't doing that.

Thanks for the heads up! :-) I wasn't watching Colbert anyway, but now I know what to expect if I do. 

34 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I would be more likely to believe that if they hadn't had Joy off for the conservative try-outs multiple times in the past. If they can't handle Joy, they can GTFO, imo.

Which guest co host was on when Joy was not there?

She was there for Morgan Ortagus, Alyssa Farrah, Michelle Tafoya, Tara Setmayer, Mia Love and Caitlyn Jenner to name a few of them.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

I really hope she is ok.

This seems very possible to me. As you get older you don't bounce back as quickly as you used to. A doctor may have advised taking a few days to recuperate. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ForumLou said:

I think it's called three little ones LOL.  Not much time to eat and chasing them is her cardio.  I'm worried for Joy too.  It's not unheard of to get sore after the incident.  Plus, forgive me Joy, but the bounce back isn't so easy.  She's probably thinking its kismet for putting her foot on the table lol

I thought that was a line used by celebs when they secretly work out very hard and eat incredibly healthy? lol Most moms of three do not look like Sara. Hell, most childfree women Sara's age do not look like Sara. lol 

• Love 1

On this day of International Women's Day the D Beast has an interesting paragraph (at the end of an article about CNN) on the president of ABC News, Kim Godwin.  The article is making rapier cuts on all the things she is supposedly guilty of and leading the mismanagement examples is the "Whoopie Goldberg suspension debacle".

I wonder if Godwin will make it to the end of the season at this rate and could it change the focus of MM's chair choice???

• Useful 1
31 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I don’t know if there’s a rational reason I do not liked Kristin Chenoweth.

I don't like Kristin Chenoweth.  It probably isn't rational but it doesn't need to be.  She just bugs me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Rightside said:

Which guest co host was on when Joy was not there?

She was there for Morgan Ortagus, Alyssa Farrah, Michelle Tafoya, Tara Setmayer, Mia Love and Caitlyn Jenner to name a few of them.

Yeah.  Don’t think joy minds being there for the conservatives.  Im guessing that the pain increased after fridays show..that often happens with muscle, etc pain.  Hopefully they didn’t find a crack or anything.  

34 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't like Kristin Chenoweth.  It probably isn't rational but it doesn't need to be.  She just bugs me.

I do love her voice but I’m glad to hear others voice this slight dislike without understanding why.  Have that same feeling.  Maybe she’s too perky?  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

I don’t know if there’s a rational reason I do not liked Kristin Chenoweth.

Me Three. Her voice drives me nuts but she sure can sing! Maybe she could just sing all the time??   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 3/7/2022 at 10:11 AM, bluegirl147 said:
On 3/7/2022 at 9:11 AM, Haleth said:

I can live with the cohosts being out of their depth.

Exactly. I enjoy the back and forth between women. The dynamic is respectful (mostly) and interesting.

I shudder to think this format would change into yet another Audience Discussions, Guests-Pushing-Their-Projects, a cooking segment and mundane Tell-Me-About-Yourself interviews. 

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Glitches said:

Exactly. I enjoy the back and forth between women. The dynamic is respectful (mostly) and interesting.

I shudder to think this format would change into yet another Audience Discussions, Guests-Pushing-Their-Projects, a cooking segment and mundane Tell-Me-About-Yourself interviews. 

Yup, I don't mind the show not being super political, but I prefer what it is now to the above which would be a snoozefest for me. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I thought that was a line used by celebs when they secretly work out very hard and eat incredibly healthy? lol Most moms of three do not look like Sara. Hell, most childfree women Sara's age do not look like Sara. lol 

Haha good point. 🙃😅

• Love 1
On 3/7/2022 at 9:11 AM, Haleth said:

The first thought that struck me was that maybe Joy had been in the hospital for observation, and now she was home. That would be a good reason for that comment.  Supposition yes Constable lol

• Love 1