Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Head Games

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Breedom said:

I think when Usman told her that Zara was the one who broke up with him and it broke his heart because he really loved her  - pushed Kimbelly over the edge (yo). Translation: You obviously are not the end-all-be-all woman for him that you hoped for and now you have received confirmation of that, (bro). The truth: he would have stayed with Zara had she not left him. That says it all. Cracked me up to watch Kimbelly stomp away in cavewoman style.

Later in the episode, I believe he said he broke up with Zara.  

Oozeman is a lying liar who lies to build up his story line to feed at the TLC trough.

I don't believe anything he says.  I think he strung along Kimbelly just to secure a plot line for this season.  

Everything about both of them makes me cringe.  🤢

• Love 11
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

So has "I could care less."

Hate it with a vengeance as it makes no sense to me.

Also never heard it used anywhere other than the USA.

On another note language has always evolved so I guess it is what it is.

Edited by Welshman in Ca
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 3/3/2022 at 3:01 PM, Frozendiva said:

Hamza needs to see the red flags of how Memphis speaks to him and how she treats him.

Whatever load of BS that Memphis fed him when she took him into the bedroom to speak with him privately, was totally for purposes of manipulation and possibly deception.  We'll never know if she told him the truth or not as to why she stayed with her ex for four days.  If what she told him had to do with her feeling suicidally depressed, I still say she told him that solely for purposes of manipulating sympathy out of him so that she could still control him and get him to still marry here without being angry about the ex-husband and the actual nature of their existing relationship. 

She is NO prize, and I wish Hamza could see that and opt out of marrying her.  From what it looks like in next week's episode, the translator is there for a sit-down between Mother Hamza and Memphis, who seems like she's going to go off on Mother Hamza, when all Mother Hamza is doing is trying to look after the best interests of her son.  Nothing wrong with that, especially since he seems utterly malleable. 

I really wish someone would put Memphis in her place.  Her constant nagging and raising of her voice makes ME want to throat punch her.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

Whatever load of BS that Memphis fed him when she took him into the bedroom to speak with him privately, was totally for purposes of manipulation and possibly deception.  We'll never know if she told him the truth or not as to why she stayed with her ex for four days.  If what she told him had to do with her feeling suicidally depressed, I still say she told him that solely for purposes of manipulating sympathy out of him so that she could still control him and get him to still marry here without being angry about the ex-husband and the actual nature of their existing relationship. 

She is NO prize, and I wish Hamza could see that and opt out of marrying her.  From what it looks like in next week's episode, the translator is there for a sit-down between Mother Hamza and Memphis, who seems like she's going to go off on Mother Hamza, when all Mother Hamza is doing is trying to look after the best interests of her son.  Nothing wrong with that, especially since he seems utterly malleable. 

I really wish someone would put Memphis in her place.  Her constant nagging and raising of her voice makes ME want to throat punch her.

That baby hair that looks like pubes hanging on her forehead is so distracting, along with the bulbous Gollum eyes.

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
Just now, Welshman in Ca said:

Hate it with a vengeance as it makes no sense to me.

Well, first of all, it's an idiom, and idioms by definition don't make sense in one way or another. We don't literally kick a bucket or buy a farm when we die, but we all know what those expressions mean.

Secondly, it does make sense. It means "I could care less, but I don't."

I earn a living being the language police for some of the most famous authors in the world, so I'm always right, no matter what I say.  😁

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 3/4/2022 at 9:33 PM, MrBuhBye said:

Ben gets friend zoned!  And in public!

Um Memphis, you supposedly have a degree.  Conversate is not a word.  If you must be pompous say converse, but talk or speak work well for normal people.

How could they function as a couple if they need to hire a translator every time they want to have a serious conversation?

This is one of those words, the misuse of which makes me crazy.  Up there with this doozy are "aks" and "liberry".  I'm so ashamed of our U.S. schools, and the illiterate buffoons that they produce.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:59 PM, magemaud said:

Hamadi the Translator is no Adam! Sigh

Did everyone get a look at the teeth in his mouth?  They're utterly deformed.

90 Day translator.jpg

Edited by Xebug67
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Well, first of all, it's an idiom, and idioms by definition don't make sense in one way or another. We don't literally kick a bucket or buy a farm when we die, but we all know what those expressions mean.

Secondly, it does make sense. It means "I could care less, but I don't."

I earn a living being the language police for some of the most famous authors in the world, so I'm always right, no matter what I say.  😁

The point is that the correct saying is “I couldn’t care less” (meaning they don’t care at all) but the uneducated mangle it and in doing so say the opposite of what they mean.  But we are getting far afield from the episode.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 3/6/2022 at 9:54 AM, Kid said:

What is it that Mike does NOT understand???  She was quite clear.

She has been clear all along. Every time she looks at him it’s obvious she can’t stand the sight of him.

Mike’s friend who was doing the translation nailed the situation completely!

She was amazing with the questions that she asked, and the accuracy of the translations.

I nominate her to replace Shaun Robinson at the Tell Alls!

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
On 3/6/2022 at 1:18 PM, myrrh said:

Just typing my thoughts out as I watch

Kimbaally: "You're making me look like a fool, yo" yo, yo did I miss her saying this in previous episodes or something? I hope she asks for the console and laptop back 😆 Well, turns out he offered anyway. The end of the yammy?? I hope so, I don't care for Usman 

Ben is creep central. 24 is a-ok, but 22? Cradle robbing! His daughter is that age! He doesn't seem to be liking god's plan anymore. Also his phone is FILTHY. I don't know who cut Mahogany's hair like that but if I were her I'd be asking for my money back. I think she's quite pretty though

Ximena is totally checked out. I almost feel bad for Mike but the red flags have been glaring. Mike watching her sleep to the point where she wakes up and catches him regularly is off-putting as heck, I'd be scared he'd turn into Buffalo Bill and wear my skin

I'm team Hamza at this point, Memphis is doing too much. I do not envy the translators in this show, but they do get a good front row seat to some trainwrecks. All those drinks and teas look really good

I have nothing to add about Gino and Jasmine, Gino is the worst out of a bad bunch of Americans. Homeboy needs to get a hair piece or use his TLC money to get some hair plugs.

Overall, I've been pretty bored with this season, the only couple I was really interested in watching was what's her face "delta virus/not a big deal!" and Johnny. I didn't even watch the previous episode until last night 😅

She's not bad looking (she only very faintly resembles her extremely photoshopped, doctored online photos).  She has terrible skin though.

• Love 1
On 3/6/2022 at 9:04 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

Yes. Also, after Ben bleated out to her friends “So who is hooooome-bray?” she immediately (and it seemed, instinctively) said to him “what?” in a perfect American accent before explaining to her friends he meant “hambre”.  At least I think she did, I’d have to replay it. Anyways, her indifference to him plus the fake home obviously all screams scam. Which I am totally fine with, given what a swine Ben is. I revel in his embarrassment and failure. 

After learning about Mike’s old social media posts, I am rooting for Ximena to fleece his ass for every measly penny he’s worth. And he can definitely continue to step in dog excrement every day for the rest of his life.

My gut instinct about the weekly rental home is that Mahogany did not want Ben and the rest of the world who watch this show to know where she really lives.  If I'm correct, I don't blame her one bit.  That would be the smart thing to do.

There's also as much likelihood that my reasoning is flawed, LOL.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, Xebug67 said:

This is one of those words, the misuse of which makes me crazy.  Up there with this doozy are "aks" and "liberry".  I'm so ashamed of our U.S. schools, and the illiterate buffoons that they produce.

Did everyone get a look at the teeth in his mouth?  They're utterly deformed.

90 Day translator.jpg

The obsession with shiny white straight teeth is an American thing and seen the same as cosmetic surgery in a lot of countries.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
18 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The point is that the correct saying is “I couldn’t care less” (meaning they don’t care at all) but the uneducated mangle it and in doing so say the opposite of what they mean.  But we are getting far afield from the episode.

My pet peeve is when people say "wrecked havoc" for "wreaked havoc."

And I've seen/heard people both "educated" and "uneducated" use these things.

Just guessing that language evolution is happening faster because of the internet. I know my grammar isn't what it used to be, and I think that's because everything we read now hasn't been proofread and copyedited as it used to be.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

You're wrong about the idiom and about my level of education (and professional expertise) but right about your having taken us far afield of the episode.

Mike has pulled off the Yiddish hat trick: He's simultaneously a schlemiel, a schlimazel, and a schlump. Not to mention a schmuck, a shmegegge, a shmendrick, a shmo, a shnook, and a shlep.

• LOL 11
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Persnickety1 said:

His head is shaped like a light bulb 💡

Gino doesn't shave his head regularly, though. The tease we got of the back was a week or two's growth.  He's also really bald, and obviously self-conscious about it.  I know much less bald men who decided to shave it all, and am personally happy to have a mostly full head of mostly grey hair.  Maybe he should just compare notes with Stan the Man about a cheap toupee?

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

Mike has pulled off the Yiddish hat trick: He's simultaneously a schlemiel, a schlimazel, and a schlump. Not to mention a schmuck, a shmegegge, a shmendrick, a shmo, a shnook, and a shlep.

And, as it turns out, a putz. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
(edited)
26 minutes ago, Mondrianyone said:

You're wrong about the idiom and about my level of education (and professional expertise) but right about your having taken us far afield of the episode.

I wasn’t commenting on your education.  You didn’t say you use  it.  And I don’t mean uneducated in general but on that particular point.  But I am bowing out as internet arguments are never resolved.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yes, “I couldn’t care less” is the saying. 

• Love 6

Wow, Mike is a dense one, isn't he? I only saw a preview of his friend translating for him in "next time"---did they actually show the whole scene? 

Ben and Mahogany....possibly the most super awkward scenes that I can remember ever seeing on this show. He really is possibly more dense than Mike, which is saying a lot. He keeps going on and on about how they are in love, etc. Dude, you never actually had a conversation. You never heard her voice or had a video call. And it was all over the course of 3 months. I have zero doubt that she was chatting it up with multiple guys and really had zero expectation that they would ever meet in real life. And then when he said he was going to come see her, she told him no. And a reasonable person would have canceled the trip. But what did he do? He shows up anyway and pushes and pushes to meet up. He is a creeper and not all there mentally....I saw her turning the conversation to Jesus as a way to just fill the super awkward silence and she knows it is something he will go on and on about.....

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
8 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Wow, Mike is a dense one, isn't he? I only saw a preview of his friend translating for him in "next time"---did they actually show the whole scene? 

Yes it was the final scene shown on Sunday.

2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

That baby hair that looks like pubes hanging on her forehead is so distracting, along with the bulbous Gollum eyes.

I noticed them on Georgi's ex, Octavia, on the D&S Waste of Time last night, too, but she's quite beautiful and if she was wearing a wig, it was placed correctly. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Usman telling Kim that Zara broke up with him was exactly the wrong thing he could have said because that made it sound like he still could have feelings for her. If he was the one who ended things, Kim might have received the news better because he was now ready to move on with someone else. I think he realized that too late, then he backpedaled and claimed he was the one to initiate the break up. 

Or maybe he said it on purpose knowing that she would break up with him...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
36 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Even with hair, Gino was unfortunate looking: image.png.f2633764c8458b533a210e406e1c96e5.png

Could play Gumby in a live-action version.

6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Usman telling Kim that Zara broke up with him was exactly the wrong thing he could have said because that made it sound like he still could have feelings for her. If he was the one who ended things, Kim might have received the news better because he was now ready to move on with someone else. I think he realized that too late, then he backpedaled and claimed he was the one to initiate the break up. 

Or maybe he said it on purpose knowing that she would break up with him...

One of the things that doesn’t add up is he said that Zara was jealous because of all the female attention he receives.  But that was an issue with BGL and is an issue with Kim so it seems like his picker is off.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Of course, my question regarding Usman is-are there really that many female fans that just follow him/want him?  In fact, are there really any fans?  Well, other than Kim of course...

Baby Girl Lisa used to be a fan, so draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Of course, my question regarding Usman is-are there really that many female fans that just follow him/want him?  In fact, are there really any fans? 

He might have a local following, but I don't think he will ever achieve "international superstardom" beyond appearing on TLC. 

Kim sure did a total about face about jealousy when she originally said she was fine with him having other wives and now she's furious that he wrote a song about a girlfriend after his marriage to BGL? 

I still say he purposely waited until the last minute to tell her about Zara while banking on Kim being so angry she'd break things off. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Shauna said:

I do think this is what happened.  Mahogany thought she and Ben were just flirting and she didn't think he would actually show up in her country to see her.  In his mind, they planned a future together.  What a dope.

Just flirting? But she got $1,000 out of him!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/7/2022 at 5:58 AM, kristen111 said:

P.S. My Mother was going to name me Francesca, but opted for Frances instead.  I wish she would have as I just love your name.  It’s romantic.  ( if it is).

I was obsessed with the book A Tree Grows in Brooklyn (still one of my all time favorites) and I was very put out that my parents did not have the foresight to name me Frances.  I tried for quite some time to get people to call me Francie, but it never took.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Honestly I cannot make any sense out of the Mahogany Ben situation. It just seems so so so so so very OFF . What truly confounds me is that I believe that paid actors would be better actors. Something is not splainable to me so far.

I mean who has a (virtual) pen pal like Mahogs is presenting this to be?

Granted, Ben is delusional but the whole thing with her parents and then going away over night with said suitor??? 

Too many inconsistencies.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, Polliwollidoodle said:

Granted, Ben is delusional but the whole thing with her parents and then going away over night with said suitor??? 

Yeah supposedly they didn’t want her to even meet him and then he acted all squirrelly at the BnB meet and ended it suddenly (he has to get back to the hotel — what? the whole point of the trip was to spend time with her and her family).  But then everyone is fine with them off alone on an unchaperoned romantic getaway.  Do these huge age difference couples ever think about what it will be like when she is just 40 and he is 70?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Love 8

ah yes, forgot about that....I lived in Lima for a year, was married to a Peruvian for many years and my impression based on her skin tone, her clothes, her excellent command of English and the fact that she has a license is that Mahog is from an upper middle class family that isn't hurting for $$. Maybe even upper class, but I don't think so because it is a VERY classist society and no one from an old money upper class family would allow their daughter to go anywhere with a wonky, poor old American dude by herself. AT the very least her friends or a male relative would have gone along. 

So I think this was a game to Mahog, a way to practice her English and flirt and get some extra cash to fool around with.....has she ever mentioned a job? Guessing she is still in university and def lives at home (most don't leave until they get married, hell my ex BIL still lives at home and he is 40). And now this fool actually shows up in Lima and with a camera crew in tow---her family probably finally agreed because shit he is flashing their daughter's pic all over American tv, people would have figured out who she is and WTF. She would have come off no better than the Willians. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, judylo said:

I don't remember this.  Was this on the show?  Then she's playing him.  They all do.  Including Mike and Ximena. 

• Love 1
Just now, Shauna said:

I don't remember this.  Was this on the show?  Then she's playing him.  They all do.  Including Mike and Ximena. 

Yes, his brother or friend asked him about sending $$s before he left for Columbia the first time.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Welshman in Ca said:

Yes, his brother or friend asked him about sending $$s before he left for Columbia the first time.

I'm dumb, then.  Here I am working my ass off, full time, when I could be swindling someone from another country.  Stupid.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, Shauna said:

I don't remember this.  Was this on the show?  Then she's playing him.  They all do. 

I think he characterized it as a "loan." Um, yeah, sure....again, what does she do for a living? Guessing that never came up in their chats about Jesus..

Again, she is surely playing multiple foreign fools for shits, giggles and some $$. That is why her only video message was 10 secs long and basically said, Hi, I am Mahogany. 

Didn't even mention his name---so she doesn't have to keep her tools straight in her mind. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ben: “Love knows no age.” ♡♡♡ Mahogany's mom: “She is mature for a 22 year old.” Ben: “WAIT, YOU ARE 22?!??! THAT'S WAY TOO YOUNG. WOAH.” The age difference between him & Mahogany’s friends is alarming. Pedophile. And wanting to marry her & have kids. Ugh. Puke. Date your own age, dude. WTF is wrong with you? Mahogany is way more mature than Ben will ever be. Mahogany calling his narcissistic ass out & asking what HE did wrong in his past 2 relationships? Smart girl. His reply was “Oh, that’s in the past & I don’t need to defend myself”. Yikes! She caught on fast that his relationship failures are due to his issues and he doesn't want to accept it or talk about it. Actress or not, she needs to run.

Remember folks, the only problem with Ben’s former marriage and family situation is that his ex-wife can’t just forgive him. It’s not his fault.

I like how Mahogany periodically speaks more and more English and then remembers she’s not meant to. Ben is always trying to translate to Mahogany and then she just answers in perfect English…and when her “friends” speak Spanish she waits to hear the translation to react. So fishy.

'Gino happy she got her moms blessing'? Man, that was at best an "if you want".

The way Jasmine’s mom looks at Gino is priceless. She can’t stand the guy & doesn’t try to hide it. Mother Jasmine is very beautiful and I’m shocked she gave Gino permission to marry her. You can see the apprehension in her face.

WHY CAN’T GINO TAKE HIS HAT OFF?!

Really annoying how Kimbaaaaaly thought she had "claim" of Usman months before they were ever together. He's not perfect by any means -- and may have been emotionally unfaithful to Zara at some point -- but he has been very upfront with Kim about he and Kim just being friends up until a day or two before this conversation. She really has no right to be this upset at him about Zara. And if i hear Kim say yo one more time… Why the fuck is she saying yo at the end of her sentences? She sounds like a 14 year old boy trying to sound cool a decade ago. Gross.

Usman's friend looked devastated to return the PS5. Then when she said she didn't want it he disappeared.

Memphis is such a Debbie Downer, a rude, entitled, mean-spirited person. She’s awful. She can’t even be happy when she’s proposed to. And she’s mean to Mother Hazmat. She has some serious issues.

Hamza in all white was a beautiful sight to see.

I will say this: TLC's choice of translators is exceptional. 👩‍🍳💋

Ximena: Acts repulsed by Mike and very obviously is not into him. Mike: "How are we gonna make this work? Do you even love me?" Ximena: "Not only do I not love you, but I'm actively disgusted by you." Mike: "Yeah...How are we gonna make this work then? How do I act better so you love me?" Ximena: "I will never love you, you disgusting pig." Mike: "Hmm... How are we gonna make this work?"

I don’t think it was appropriate for Mike to have his friend Nelsey translating that conversation. I really enjoyed Nelsey as a person and as a friend to Mike, and I think she did a great job asking questions, etc. But I think she was too involved as a translator, and a professional would have just translated to let them work it out. That being said, it does seem like Mike needed the friend to step in to just say this is over.

LOL at Ella's preview for next week. Run, Johnny, run!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Usman's friend looked devastated to return the PS5. Then when she said she didn't want it he disappeared.

Right?!  I could just picture him sneaking down the stairs with that sucker tucked under his arm before she even finished her sentence!  lol

• LOL 5
On 3/8/2022 at 12:35 PM, anoninrva said:

Gino doesn't shave his head regularly, though. The tease we got of the back was a week or two's growth.  He's also really bald, and obviously self-conscious about it.  I know much less bald men who decided to shave it all, and am personally happy to have a mostly full head of mostly grey hair.  Maybe he should just compare notes with Stan the Man about a cheap toupee?

Gino could have afforded some quality hair plugs is he didn't spend all his $$$ getting his knob polished by sugar babies.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

That being said, it does seem like Mike needed the friend to step in to just say this is over.

i think so as well, and I think that it helped that said friend is female....however, did you see Ximena's face when she asked "are you ending things with me?" and the previews next week, she is not giving up her ATM without a fight, even though she is the one who started the drama....she couldn't fake it until she had that green card which makes me think she really doesn't want to leave Colombia (she wants to stay there and milk the losers on OF and her other cam girl work). She sort of came right out and almost admitted she was a cam girl when talking to the friend, and why she was now acting up----she couldnt' work during covid and he paid her expenses. now she can work again so, bye bye loser. 

If Mahog even pretends to have feelings for Ben, then we KNOW she is pursuing acting as a career and just wants the exposure. The encounters with him one on one and with her friends were super awkward and just weird. They all seemed so perplexed that he thought there was a romantic connection, you could almost hear them saying, "boyfriend? This old guy? AS IF"

Johnny & Ella---I call BS on her cheating. if it was that easy for her to get laid, she wouldn't need all her toys and to hunt this poor sap in China. I think she did it to make herself seem more attractive as in he better hurry up and get his ass over here if he doesn't want to lose her. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7