Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E12: Head Games

• Start Topic

I have a theory about Ximena and Confederate Ben.

He was paying to wank to her while she was working as a cam girl. He liked the product, and decided to purchase instead of lease. He told her he would pay for all her living expenses if she would stop the cam girl work.

Now Ximena is so grossed out by her former client that she wants him to pay for fake tits so she can return to her old cam girl gig.

Her family gifted her dildos - it's professional equipment. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, kristen111 said:

P.S. My Mother was going to name me Francesca, but opted for Frances instead.  I wish she would have as I just love your name.  It’s romantic.  ( if it is).

It isn't. LOL! It's the name of the character in my avatar pic, which is from a Kids in the Hall sketch. I personally like the name Frances. You can be Francie or Frankie or Franc, if you're feelin' emo. 

Memphy, nooooo. Why you dress like Fruit Brute?

General-Mills-Frute-Brute-Buddy-Enamel-Pin-0659682807171_image1__31890.1568735559.1280.1280.jpg

Screenshot_20220306-224155_Reddit.jpg

Edited by FrancescaFiore
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2

I don't blame Mahogany for getting a vacation rental to have Ben over to meet her parents. I really wouldn't surprise me if it was the parents' idea and they paid for it so Ben wouldn't know where they actually live. He's basically stalking her by showing up in Peru after she told him not to come. Her explanation of how the texting was her responding to him in generalities about how she felt regarding marriage and children and he took it to mean how she felt toward him personally. That makes sense.

• Love 14
14 hours ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I liked Memphis more this episode and, although it may blow up in my face next episode, I think she and Hamza may turn out to be a good match. He's very patient and empathetic, which is what she needs (although she's not allowed to abuse him). Her voice is naturally loud, I think, which doesn't help. That may be at least in part from having to yell to get anything as a neglected child, which she was. She has - like many who were neglected kids - an internal alarm system that goes off very easily and sometimes unnecessarily.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

His friend who did the translation was spot on.  I know she infused her own opinion into her translations but she wasn't wrong.  I hope Mike does follow through and get on the next flight home.

Yes. Take control, Mike and leave. Right now X thinks she is holding all the cards, she knows that you are dependent on her and loves her. You have  committed yourself to marriage. Give her a little surprise and take the reins and high-tail it outta there on the next flight home. Throw away that hope but not your dignity. You disgust her. You cannot change what has happened; your releasing gas in front of her, the belching and all the other stuff repulses her - and she can't and doesn't want to get that back. She's willing to still lead you on with the wedding, but first you have to pay for the boob job. No thanks. Hold your head up and go home. She's not the woman you want.

Yo, what up with Kimbelly? Yo, yo . . . Usman had put out a video with "another bitch". Wow, bro. I'm going to remind you again Kimbelly, you are a 51 year old woman. Who talks like this? Her over-the-top reaction was a bit much.

I think when Usman told her that Zara was the one who broke up with him and it broke his heart because he really loved her  - pushed Kimbelly over the edge (yo). Translation: You obviously are not the end-all-be-all woman for him that you hoped for and now you have received confirmation of that, (bro). The truth: he would have stayed with Zara had she not left him. That says it all. Cracked me up to watch Kimbelly stomp away in cavewoman style.

• LOL 2
  • Love 15

I don't blame Mahogany for getting a vacation rental to have Ben over to meet her parents. I really wouldn't surprise me if it was the parents' idea and they paid for it so Ben wouldn't know where they actually live. He's basically stalking her by showing up in Peru after she told him not to come. Her explanation of how the texting was her responding to him in generalities about how she felt regarding marriage and children and he took it to mean how she felt toward him personally. That makes sense.

Sort of reminds me of a previous season when the guy Patrick showed up in Paris to meet his "girlfriend" and she had a boyfriend . She seemed genuinely shocked that he had interpreted the texting as anything more than friendly chatter. I think a lot can get missed in translation and in text only when you don't hear tone or see body language. That is the other issue with never having ever met or video chatted before.....

• Love 7

The whole scene with Ben and Mahogany and her friends getting ice cream seemed weird. It looked like a dad visiting his college age daughter and her friends for Parents Weekend.

I would not blame her for getting a vacation rental. He seems to have stalker tendencies. But I wondered why she just didn't suggest that they meet in a restaurant or cafe or something if the parents didn't want him at their house.

• Love 15

Can you imagine being Jasmine's mother and having your daughter bring Gino home to meet you? What a let down and utter disappointment. Before anyone says that's the best Jasmine can do I'm looking at it from her mother's perspective. She thinks her daughter is smart, beautiful and a great catch. Actually, I give Jasmine credit. She speaks English really well and doesn't need a translator app like so many of the others do on this show. So many men shave their heads now. Why won't Gino take his hat off? Who cares if he's bald? It's the beady eyes, bad teeth, and the death like pallor of his face that he should be self conscious about.  He gives me the creeps.

Ximena told Mike exactly how she feels. No beating around the bush. Mike should call it a day, cut his losses, go home and find a nice girl who will accept him for who he is. Farts, dog poop and all. 

• Love 20
2 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

It isn't. LOL! It's the name of the character in my avatar pic, which is from a Kids in the Hall sketch. I personally like the name Frances. You can be Francie or Frankie or Franc, if you're feelin' emo. 

Memphy, nooooo. Why you dress like Fruit Brute?

General-Mills-Frute-Brute-Buddy-Enamel-Pin-0659682807171_image1__31890.1568735559.1280.1280.jpg

Screenshot_20220306-224155_Reddit.jpg

I kind of figured.  Lol.  My husband calls me Fifi .. or Hon when he likes me.  Haha.

• Love 1

Jasmine and Gino: I see that he dressed up to make a good impression on her mother. Mom did not seem amused and was certainly not enamored of Gino. Probably saw someone better for her daughter and not some schlub who won't take off his hat (so insecure about his half bald head). Gino does not really treat Jasmine all that well and she is pretty much arm candy to him and not really a life partner. Sometimes the schlub does get a hot girl - but he also has a good sense of humor, is kind, isn't selfish, treats her like a queen. Seems to be a transactional relationship. Don't know if she even really likes him or likes being around him. He is just a way out.

Kimbaaaaaaly and Usman: Her jealousy at finding out that Zara is a real woman who had a relationship with Usman was a bit over the top. The guy is pushing his mid thirties and has a past, including a past American wife (or may still be a wife if the divorce hasn't gone through). I find it weird that the girls Usman is with seem to dump him because of his female fans. They know what business he is in, they know he will have women throwing themselves at him. He knows that he can cheat and probably get away with it. If they want a man who doesn't have 'fans', walk away. Maybe he attracts an insecure type of woman? I think there is more to that. Usman should choose a woman who is a bit more independent, has her own things going on. Not a ''fan'.  Kimbaaaaly, you were there as a prospective girlfriend - to see if there was any real connection besides chatting online. You were manipulative, begging for affection, and angry when he wasn't who you wanted him to be.  He showed up as himself and you didn't really see that. You should have saved the expensive gifts. Now you go home embarrassed at how you behaved on international television and Usman will ride again with some other woman.

Memphis and Hamza: And how did things go with the translator? You two are really rushing in to a lifelong commitment. Time to put the brakes on for a bit, take marriage preparation courses, learn to communicate, learn to fight fair. Hamza, she probably is not going to stop yelling at you - ever. This is what you are signing up for. Proposing to her in the historical ruins might be foreshadowing the relationship. She will be talking to her ex as they have kids together. Are you planning to find a mediator who will take the kids from the ex to Memphis and she and the mediator can discuss things. You haven't even met the kids. Are you ready to step up to be a 'dad' to them? Will you prefer that Memphis only has visitation to her own kids? Are you ready to be a family? Do you think you can find a job in the US that will allow you to be a husband, a supportive life partner, plus also look after your mom and sister?

Ximena and Mike: So Mike stares at Ximena like a weird bug. The loving newly engaged Ximena has flipped over to her real self. Mike, she has told you exactly how she feels - she doesn't love you, doesn't want you, doesn't want to marry you. Return the ring or keep it to help pay for whatever surgical procedures you want. Mike should have found a hotel, moved his belongings and made arrangements to reschedule his flight sometime in the next day or so. Or buy a new one way ticket and go home, cut off the money to her, and delete her. But oh no, he doesn't get it. He has invested quite a bit in her. He can pay for whatever surgeries she wants and she still won't love him or anything. Who knows if the kids even really liked him. Mom could have told them to pretend to like him. There is a girl who will put up with him, will put up with the burps, the poor manners, etc. She just may not be a beautiful Latina woman. The friend should not have given her opinion when she was translating Ximena's hatred of him. Say exactly what she said and he can make his own choice. Let himself be treated like this or move on and let Ximena find someone who she really wants.

Mahogs and Benjamin: I would rent a place too. She has no idea who this man really is and he suprised her by coming all the way to Peru. Whether she felt her texts about wanting a family with him were real or she thought they'd be 'friendly' and he wasn't really serious - just being nice to a man and sharing his faith - that can backfire. Show her the texts Ben and ask her about them. Her friends didn't seem to really know her and appeared 'hired'. Ask them interesting questions like what her taste in music is, how long they've known her, etc. They had no idea Ben thought of himself as her boyfriend. And he isn't. I certainly also wouldn't be going away with him. Separate rooms and separate hotel floors are a good idea. I would probably just drive away in the night or early the next morning. The girl is also 22. Not that much difference from being 24. If she was 28 or so, she may have a bit more life experience. The guy does not come across all that well and the average 22 year old would not be involved with a man in his 50s unless he was super-rich. Something smells about the two.

• Love 11
(edited)
2 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

I think I read it on these boards, but Ben had sent Mohagany flowers at one point in time, and she gave him the address of her neighbor. She has never wanted him to know where she lives. When Ben says, "AHHHHHH that's so sweet!" and tries to hug her I grimace at his desperate grabbing at straws to take any opportunity for some touch. Also, whenever he talks to her he gives this super big smile that creeps me out. I liked how his mask fell so fast when he got put in his own hotel room-- the trip out of town was totally his attempt to get laid.

Gino dancing was the best thing I've seen in a long time. He was terrible at it, but just so delighted and clearly having the best time ever. His marching and torso swinging and just overall complete uncoordination all  the while being deliriously happy really highlighted how special he is. I love how Jasmine sort of just sits back and smirks at all his quirks like he's a toddler learning to walk and talk.

LOVE Mohagany calling out Ben for being immature. She nailed it. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 11
25 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Mahogs and Benjamin: I would rent a place too. She has no idea who this man really is and he suprised her by coming all the way to Peru. Whether she felt her texts about wanting a family with him were real or she thought they'd be 'friendly' and he wasn't really serious - just being nice to a man and sharing his faith - that can backfire. Show her the texts Ben and ask her about them. Her friends didn't seem to really know her and appeared 'hired'. Ask them interesting questions like what her taste in music is, how long they've known her, etc. They had no idea Ben thought of himself as her boyfriend. And he isn't. I certainly also wouldn't be going away with him. Separate rooms and separate hotel floors are a good idea. I would probably just drive away in the night or early the next morning. The girl is also 22. Not that much difference from being 24. If she was 28 or so, she may have a bit more life experience. The guy does not come across all that well and the average 22 year old would not be involved with a man in his 50s unless he was super-rich. Something smells about the two.

Paddington bear being from Peru makes more sense than this pair of idiots in Peru.

• Love 3

That old stinker, Mike, doesn't get one iota of sympathy from me.  These losers are in a transactional relationship and if they don't pony up the asking price, well guess what?  Their "hot" foreigner is cashing out.  This annoys me to no end.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

You were manipulative, begging for affection, and angry when he wasn't who you wanted him to be.  He showed up as himself and you didn't really see that. You should have saved the expensive gifts. Now you go home embarrassed at how you behaved on international television and Usman will ride again with some other woman.

Amen.

1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

Gino dancing was the best thing I've seen in a long time. He was terrible at it, but just so delighted and clearly having the best time ever. His marching and torso swinging and just overall complete uncoordination all  the while being deliriously happy really highlighted how special he is. I love how Jasmine sort of just sits back and smirks at all his quirks like he's a toddler learning to walk and talk.

Gino, with no excuses, let it all out and enjoyed every minute of it. I too like how Jasmine was enjoying it too, not trying to turn it into a "right way" to dance lesson. With the clothes thing, they haven't shown her badgering Gino to dress as she would like, other than that first time in the shop. She just let it go. It's just me with the problem :)

• Love 6
16 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Just read about that myself.

TLC needs to start vetting their cast better. Abuser Geoffrey (thankfully in prison), Alina, now Mike.

What about Alina and Mike?  Please tell.

This Week’s Winner and Loser:

Winner: XXXimena’s mattress, which got a well-deserved reprieve from Mike’s flatulence.

Loser: The Sojaboy Fan Club, which will now have to conduct a nation-wide search for a desperate, pathetic, classless, sexually deprived, middle aged female to head up the Fan Gurl division. Yo.

Next Week: Hazmat goes back to the ruins to inform the sheep 🐑 that now that he is engaged, they will have to find a new boyfriend.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Next Week: Hazmat goes back to the ruins to inform the sheep 🐑 that now that he is engaged, they will have to find a new boyfriend.

• LOL 4
7 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I'd thought her question was "Why does Jesus allow so much suffering in the world", which wasn't really answered.

You’re correct, that was her original question but somehow it turned into a discussion of Jesus’s strength and how He  suffered. I really believe she just brought it up to distract him from discussing their relationship and didn’t really expect any kind of answer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 hours ago, Burning Rubber said:

I have a theory about Ximena and Confederate Ben.

He was paying to wank to her while she was working as a cam girl. He liked the product, and decided to purchase instead of lease. He told her he would pay for all her living expenses if she would stop the cam girl work.

Now Ximena is so grossed out by her former client that she wants him to pay for fake tits so she can return to her old cam girl gig.

Her family gifted her dildos - it's professional equipment. 

I think you are 100% right.

The issue is that a shitty ass cam girl has this weird turd come over. Has him sleep in the same bed as her and her kids because she's using them as a "shield". The losers in all this are Ximena kids. Besides being subject to the troll after he's gone, Mommy dearest will be parading another bunch of men as potential daddies. Some people shouldn't procreate.

I'll be glad when this season is over. Asian Fetish girl and Western Fetish guy were a snooze. I cant stand either Wannabe Nigerian Popstar/Scammer by day or female Uncle Miltie.   Old creepy Church guy and Filtered Woody are boring and probably fake.  Stinky hat and Espicy Latina had some interesting moments. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
16 hours ago, kirklandia said:

Self-improvement = why I watch educational television.  Thanks to The Learning Channel, I am expanding my vocabulary.

If you look closely, it says "Nonstandard".  If you look up ain't, it says the same thing. 

Edited by Rebky
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

According to Merriam-Webster: "Conversate also upsets some people because it's most frequently used in song lyrics, particularly rap and hip-hop lyrics—as in the Case lyric "Tell me can we conversate/So we can get to learn each other" ("Conversate," 2001). In this instance, as in "Conversate for a few, cause in a few, we gon' do/What we came to do, ain't that right boo?" (Notorious B.I.G., "Big Poppa," 1994), conversate seems to be chosen in part because it's considered nonstandard: it's more striking and surprising than "standard" English, and it has a more dramatic effect. Much of the reaction against conversate involves accusations that it's "not a real word" because people get it from music—or that it's "not a real word" because it's rooted in African-American slang.

Yet conversate is not a product of rap music, and the earliest examples of its use seem regional, not racial. The word has been in fairly consistent written use for over 200 years."

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, magemaud said:

According to Merriam-Webster: "Conversate also upsets some people because it's most frequently used in song lyrics, particularly rap and hip-hop lyrics—as in the Case lyric "Tell me can we conversate/So we can get to learn each other" ("Conversate," 2001). In this instance, as in "Conversate for a few, cause in a few, we gon' do/What we came to do, ain't that right boo?" (Notorious B.I.G., "Big Poppa," 1994), conversate seems to be chosen in part because it's considered nonstandard: it's more striking and surprising than "standard" English, and it has a more dramatic effect. Much of the reaction against conversate involves accusations that it's "not a real word" because people get it from music—or that it's "not a real word" because it's rooted in African-American slang.

Yet conversate is not a product of rap music, and the earliest examples of its use seem regional, not racial. The word has been in fairly consistent written use for over 200 years."

Also, you can rhyme it words you can't rhyme with "converse" or "speak," etc.

• LOL 1
(edited)

Memphis has a raging case of RBF, she just looks like she's always ready for a throwdown. 

I wonder if the "bling-y" engagement ring from Hamza was a real diamond? Did he spend more than $ 270? 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, kristen111 said:

That can’t be tho as her Mother is about Ginos age I told him.  Mechanical Engineer?  Doubt that as he’s dumb as rocks.

He might be the guy at Jiffy Lube who waves your car into the bay, maybe he's smart enough to tell you when to stop?  

I have the opposite career issue... i'm at a director level, but I call myself a t-shirt folder.  It's not mall-store type of retail, but most people hear "retail" and just assume "cashier" or "tshirt folder" so i've co-opted the latter as my title lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
57 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Memphis has a raging case of RBF, she just looks like she's always ready for a throwdown. 

I wonder if the "bling-y" engagement ring from Hamza was a real diamond? Did he spend more than $ 270? 

No and No.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Kim's freakout doesn't make sense, yo. That was some WTFuckery from TLC's plot tinkerers.

THE NEW REAL KIMMMMBERLY:

"Yo! Wassup Usman?!?  Yo lost your swag, dickweed??  You be frontin'!!  "Yo mamma so stupid she got fired from da m&m company for throwing away the W's."  And PS: "Yo mamma so fat that her drivers license picture say "picture continued on other side!" 🤪

THE 'OLD' 'CULTURED' KIMMMMBERLY:

"You've made me look like a fool, Usman!  😩  But I WILL take back the laptop!" 😡

P.SUrban Slang courtesy of "Urban Dictionary."  (The ABC's of tawking Gangsta.)

• LOL 8
7 hours ago, Breedom said:

your releasing gas in front of her, the belching and all the other stuff repulses her

I guess we are to believe that all the hit men, drug cartel members, and convicts that she dated in the past would leave the room before doing any of these things and were otherwise paragons of etiquette.  

• LOL 15
  • Love 8

Alright... I am curious if I am alone in this thought process when it comes to Usman and Kimbaaaallly. So I don't read here as regularly as I should, but I assume most would share the opinion that he has never seemed that enthusiastic to be romantically involved with her in the first place, no? Does it not seem calculated that with him knowingly how volatile she reacts when it comes to him and that she would likely react to this certain piece of information in a volatile manner, that he would conveniently drop it on her within 24 hrs of making it "official"? Therefore, making her be the one to flip out and end it, which somehow makes him look like less of the bad guy? And giving him an easy out for something he never wanted in the first place? Am I crazy here? Have I been played too many times and am bringing my own personal experiences into this? 😂

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Why spend all that money on degrees if we can't use some of the words we learn getting them?

It specifies that it is nonstandard English.  Plenty of people say “irregardless” and “I could care less” but I’m not going to.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, MrBuhBye said:

It specifies that it is nonstandard English.  Plenty of people say “irregardless” and “I could care less” but I’m not going to.

That's ironical. 🙂😁

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, Breedom said:

Yes. Take control, Mike and leave. Right now X thinks she is holding all the cards, she knows that you are dependent on her and loves her. You have  committed yourself to marriage. Give her a little surprise and take the reins and high-tail it outta there on the next flight home. Throw away that hope but not your dignity. You disgust her. You cannot change what has happened; your releasing gas in front of her, the belching and all the other stuff repulses her - and she can't and doesn't want to get that back. She's willing to still lead you on with the wedding, but first you have to pay for the boob job. No thanks. Hold your head up and go home. She's not the woman you want.

Yo, what up with Kimbelly? Yo, yo . . . Usman had put out a video with "another bitch". Wow, bro. I'm going to remind you again Kimbelly, you are a 51 year old woman. Who talks like this? Her over-the-top reaction was a bit much.

I think when Usman told her that Zara was the one who broke up with him and it broke his heart because he really loved her  - pushed Kimbelly over the edge (yo). Translation: You obviously are not the end-all-be-all woman for him that you hoped for and now you have received confirmation of that, (bro). The truth: he would have stayed with Zara had she not left him. That says it all. Cracked me up to watch Kimbelly stomp away in cavewoman style.

Her jeans were so tight, she waddled (defiantly!!)

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Not sure what you’re getting at but if it’s ending the sentence with a preposition that has been acceptable for decades.  

That is something up with which I will not put.

• LOL 17
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, JeanJean said:

Also, you can rhyme it words you can't rhyme with "converse" or "speak," etc.

and what else is going to rhyme with Welch's grape?

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Sort of reminds me of a previous season when the guy Patrick showed up in Paris to meet his "girlfriend" and she had a boyfriend . She seemed genuinely shocked that he had interpreted the texting as anything more than friendly chatter. I think a lot can get missed in translation and in text only when you don't hear tone or see body language. That is the other issue with never having ever met or video chatted before.....

I do think this is what happened.  Mahogany thought she and Ben were just flirting and she didn't think he would actually show up in her country to see her.  In his mind, they planned a future together.  What a dope.

• LOL 2
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I got Jesus flashbacks every time the camera lingered on Gino’s sandals.

The camera people LOVE to take quick shots of Gino's sandals and feet. Why, I have no idea . . . 'cuz they're ugly?

In many of the beginning scenes of each couple, we get the animals - shots of them wandering the streets or in the case of Gino and Jasmine's vacation, birds in trees. Exciting stuff! 😁

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Breedom said:

The camera people LOVE to take quick shots of Gino's sandals and feet. Why, I have no idea . . . 'cuz they're ugly?

In many of the beginning scenes of each couple, we get the animals - shots of them wandering the streets or in the case of Gino and Jasmine's vacation, birds in trees. Exciting stuff! 😁

Maybe they smell and the crew is having a inside joke.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

A T-bone steak, cheese eggs and Welch's grape
Conversate for a few, ‘cause in a few we gon' do
What we came to do, ain't that right, boo? (True)
Forget the telly—we just go to the crib
And watch a movie in the jacuzzi, smoke Ls while you do me

Notorious BIG

• LOL 1
  • Love 4