Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: Knocked Down, Knocked Up

• Start Topic

No surprise Gary survived being expelled from the ship. Hee, he's stuck in cavemen times.

Gwyn's plan to replace Alun with RobotAlun isn't bad actually. We know it won't go well but still.

Ugh, of course Ava's trying to get pregnant. She's going to be an even bigger nightmare now. The worst part is that now I have to root for her to succeed because if it turns out she can't get pregnant it will become an even bigger THING than her clone issues. 

Oh so SARA is pregnant. Please please please let Ava react with nothing but joy rather than being upset that it's not her. Also, I reiterate that Sara should NOT name the kid(s) after anyone she knows with 1 exception: in the event of a girl have her middle name be Olivia. I would laugh SO HARD.

Mommy Astra and the aunts and uncles are so disappointed in Gideon's version of teenage rebellion. Don't worry, Gids, they love you as much as you love them.

It was considerate of Evil Gideon to have the GidBot come with the hair up so that we don't get confused with real Gideon.

Mike is fun. Shame he conned them. OF COURSE HE'S BOOSTER GOLD!!!!!!!!

Astra's powers have come a long way. 

I think Ava's happier that she got Sara pregnant rather than the pregnancy itself but at least she's not sulking about it not being her.

Season finale equals more money which means Nate gets to be Steel. Of course the mustard gas has other ideas. 

Gwyn offered comfort to a fellow soldier in his final moments. Truly lovely.

They have to renew this show! We now have BOOSTER GOLD!!!!!

• Love 5

Admittedly I’ve missed most (okay, pretty much all) of this season and last season, but there’s no way they let that be the series finale, right?!?

I mean, they did do some wrap-up - Nate losing his steel and retiring, Sara and Ava are going to have a kid, the Waverider blowing up and then reappearing, the “oops, everyone is (potentially) going to jail so no more adventures!” But come on! They can’t go out like that! I really hope they get one more to actually have a worthy conclusion to everyone’s story. 

• Love 1

This was a solid finale, for sure. Maybe not my favourite, but not the worst finale I've seen. It was a decent ending to a truly wonderful season. 

I'm not a fan of this pregnancy storyline. I really could have done without it, in all honesty. The last thing this show needs is a kid, and a potentially superhuman kid at that. I could have done with them keeping the whole Sara/Ava kid for the announced series finale, whenever that may be. 

Aww, I guess this is the end of Nate. At least he didn't die and he can be happy in the totem! I'm sad we didn't get a goodbye from Zari 1.0, but I guess they felt like they couldn't insert her character in at the end (again, a shame). 

I'm glad Gwyn got to save Alun, although how that happened is something I'll have to rewatch. 

And Astra's story was simply fantastic. Look at the growth from her character all season, the parallels from the premiere to this finale. A nice "family" moment with Gideon and Spooner. That was a nice subplot and I enjoy that Astra's powers grew from it.

As for Mike/Booster Gold, he entertained me enough where I'm interested in what his character does for a potential season eight.

Bring on season eight, please!

• Love 8
3 hours ago, shantown said:

Admittedly I’ve missed most (okay, pretty much all) of this season and last season, but there’s no way they let that be the series finale, right?!?

While they had me last episode for a while (since I don't follow anything outside the show itself), I'm 99% sure they are renewed and just not saying yet. There was a letter leaked that thanked the crew and said that production was looking foreward to working with them next season, a while ago.

I certainly hope we'll get another season. A male gay couple in the main cast of a show that isn't about being gay, you don't see that every day, maybe on a family drama, but certainly not on genre television. I guess I should count Star Trek Discovery but that show is terrible and those two have the chemistry of two noble gases, also one arguably not a main character and the other one certainly not.

So yeah glad, that Gwyn got his man.

Sarah being pregnant, certainly interesting. I hope the alien part means that the kid is an adult in like a month.

I was a bit annoyed that the three legends were letting themselves get blown up by the ship, when that would have been more than enough time to use a key. But I guess it was to give Astra her big hero moment and show how she's grown over this season.

Donald Faison is Booster Gold. Now that's interesting.

What is a bit weird is, what is a fixed point in time deemed worth protecting and what is not? I mean Gideon has to constantly fix the declaration of independance. You'd think that would be important enough to be made into a fixed point... Speaking of the fixed points, who are these guys who establish them and now arrested the legends for time crimes? Seems like they weren't around when the time masters or the time bureau was, but if it's a time agency wouldn't they have always been around? Time travel gets confusing fast.

The reaction of the legends to getting arrested was great though. The synchronised groan, perfection!

• Love 1

I was wondering what type of guy would play golf on a battle field. now that I know it's BOOSTER GOLD, everything makes sense. And yes, he was probably put there to get him out of [the Justice League's ???] hair.

Having just the baby be invulnerable is stupid. If mom gets shot in the head, does the baby eat its way out and then begin its journey of revenge?

I'm surprised that Gary didn't eat the cavemen. They would probably be certified organic.

• Love 1

They must have hired a fanfic writer when writing about Sara's pregnancy. This is some level of jumping the shark. They've jumped so far that they can't even see the shark anymore. If I hadn't seen the little human-looking girl last week, I would have thought this kid would look fully like the alien, since it was the alien genes that activated (it's impossible for a human to get pregnant this way) and it's also taking the alien's invulnerability power. I'm sad that this is what ends up being Sara's story. On a brighter note, Caity acted the heck out of the multiple freak out scenes. This should be her audition piece for a comedy show.

If Nick is still in the show and there is a S8, he'll probably be back to save the Legends.

I like Booster Gold, mostly because I like Donald.

Not looking forward to a S8, because I don't want a pregnant Sara and the now increased chances of Sara missing in the episodes because of it, and Ava playing Captain in her place.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, lurker22 said:

Not looking forward to a S8, because I don't want a pregnant Sara and the now increased chances of Sara missing in the episodes because of it, and Ava playing Captain in her place.

I wonder if S8 would have a time jump where Sara was just about to give birth. 

Nate had a good send off, but I’m wondering if he and OG Zari will be the ones to save the Legends. 

I should have known Donald would be playing Booster Gold, that's really solid casting. "Mike" being Booster Gold totally makes sense, all of his actions are very on brand, although I am a bit surprised that they are featuring a pretty prominent DC character as the show has increasingly distanced itself from comic lore. With Nate leaving almost the entire cast is made up of original characters, so bringing in Booster Gold is surprising to me, even if he totally makes sense on this show, with his gimmick and his vibe. I am really excited to see what they do with him, I can already tell Donald is going to be a ton of fun in the role. 

A pretty solid finale, not really up to the standards of this overwise excellent season, but I thought it was pretty good. I am really sad that Nate is leaving, although at least it was apparently Nick's choice to leave so it isn't under a cloud of hurt feelings like when Ray and Nora left. Glad that he finally got to use his steal powers one more time and wasn't killed off but got his happy ending with Zari 1.0, although I am not sure about his future living in a bottle his whole life. He's with Zari, but what exactly will he do all of the time? What does Zari do? Can he still leave to go see his mom? Is he going to work on his book? For someone who has been with the show since season two, his leaving felt rather anti-climactic, if also very heartfelt, but I will at least take that over death any day. The show just wont be the same without Sara's right hand bro.

Speaking of Sara, her getting knocked up via kiss is the stupidest thing this show has done in a long time. Not even typical wacky Legends stupid, this is just stupid shipper wish fulfillment. This is not a show that needs a baby, I was hoping that the future baby would be something that is hinted at in the series finale, not something that would actually happen in the show itself. I don't even know how this makes sense, what evolutionary benefit is there to a baby taking a parents invulnerability? Shouldn't an invulnerable parent make the baby invulnerable anyway? If the parent dies, does the baby just burst out of their corpse, Alien style? If this is Sara's alien DNA doing this, shouldn't the baby be an alien then? This is so stupid, its very clearly shipper bait for people that want a Sara/Ava combo baby with both of their genes and lots of pregnancy shenanigan's, even if that is totally stupid in an actual show on every level. Plus, I am very salty that this inevitably means that Sara will be kept out of the action more while Ava will be doing more captain stuff, despite the fact that she extremely unqualified. Although with Nate gone, I don't even know who would be better qualified or interested. Astra? Gideon? 

Glad that Gwyn managed to save his boyfriend, even if it took some doing, and he got some more context to his actions on the day his platoon died. It really was a good finale with a lot of nice character moments, even if it didn't live quite up to the rest of the season,. probably because of the stupid pregnancy twist. Next season looks promising, I loved everyone's long suffering sighs at being arrested. Just another day in the life for the Legends, looking forward to season eight! 

• Love 7

Donald as Booster Gold is...gold! LOL. I hope next season I enjoy the show more. There are pieces here and there I've liked but as whole, I have not been feeling it since they killed Sarah and turned her into an alien/clone. And now this jumping the shark baby nonsense?

• Love 3

I was half expecting that Gary had created a temporal anomaly with the cavemen. Building a door and disappearing through it could have led to the cavemen thinking he's some kind of god and inadvertently starting a new religion that would somehow change the course of history.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

I was already spoiled that "Mike" was actually going to be Booster Gold, but the reveal was still pretty amazing and Donald Faison looks like he will be a perfect choice for the role.  Assuming the show gets an eighth season, I certainly hope he sticks around for a lot of it (I know Donald was also attached to that remake of the Powerpuff Girls the CW was doing, but that seems to be stuck in limbo now.)  There is a lot they can do with him possibly being "a part" of the Legends.

I guess it wouldn't be a finale without one possible exit, and it looks like it might be Nate's time finally go as he has now lost his steel power for good and is ready to live in the totem with OG Zari.  Of course, this all sounds like a way they can easily bring him back if they ever wanted to, but maybe not as a regular anymore.  I do hope he comes back though because he and Nick Zano have actually become one of the highlights in the recent seasons.

Glad Gwyn was able to save the real Alun and that he will be sticking around as well.

Aww, Astra, Spooner, and Gideon really are a family now!  At least Evil Gideon is done for, although she got to show off some impressive Terminator skills before going!

Sara's now pregnant due to being half of an alien species that can get pregnant just by kissing (according to Gary?)  Yeah, I don't know what to think about that.  Bringing a baby into the fold is always a risky business in TV land, and this one comes with the case of Sara possibly having to take a backseat because of it, which wouldn't be cool.  I hope they surprise me here.

Overall, this season was a mass improvement over the last one and I still think it's one of; if not the; best out of the Arrowverse line-up.  I hope it sticks around!

• Love 2

Sara shouldn't have to take a back seat because of the pregnancy unless Caity was pregnant in real life. I image it will be a lot like Piper's first pregnancy on OG Charmed. Though I wonder how different Sara's Alien pregnancy will be from Micks? 

This episode had some great performances but felt rushed as season finales do. I liked it well enough. Though I do think of Sara as a different character as the one starting on Arrow so I'm not as emotionally attached as I used to be... I liked Nate's ending. I think he can write his book in the totem. He can also hang out with Zari's ancestors and the History nerd in him will enjoy learning from them.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, Zonk said:

There was a letter leaked that thanked the crew and said that production was looking foreward to working with them next season, a while ago.

Every show that wraps filming before a cancellation/renewal announcement says this so it doesn't indicate anything. I've seen tweets about the next season of a show one day and then the next it gets cancelled. 

23 minutes ago, tarotx said:

Sara shouldn't have to take a back seat because of the pregnancy unless Caity was pregnant in real life. I image it will be a lot like Piper's first pregnancy on OG Charmed. Though I wonder how different Sara's Alien pregnancy will be from Micks? 

It's a shame they took her power away because they could have a lot of fun with Preggo Sara The Indestructible. We could see her kicking ass with increasingly large bumps. Could have been highly entertaining. Since they didn't go that route I hope the next season (please!) only covers a few weeks and avoid pregnancy pads for Caity. Do a time jump to the delivery a la Felicity's pregnancy on Arrow so we can enjoy a cute baby. Or babies if Sara's alien DNA does like Mick's when he was knocked up.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Glad Gwyn was able to save the real Alun and that he will be sticking around as well.

It's going to be interesting seeing them both adjust to being full-time Legends. Neither of them really has the slightest idea of the full-on insanity that awaits them, and Alun in particular is going to have a hard time processing everything that happens (as well as coming to understand that he now lives in a world where his relationship with Gwyn is not only going to be accepted, but even celebrated!).

• Love 1
5 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

Every show that wraps filming before a cancellation/renewal announcement says this so it doesn't indicate anything. I've seen tweets about the next season of a show one day and then the next it gets cancelled. 

That's what the producers said, but it's bullshit. Sure, there are thank you letters, but no definitive "we look foreward to working to you next season" in there, unless the renewal is already confirmed.

Also them still pretending like they don't know is extra bullshit. By now it should have been renewed or cancelled a while ago.

Normally they would already know it and the CW usually announces in advance when a show gets a final season. But things are different now that the network is for sale. Renewal or cancellation depends on what direction the new owners want to take with the network (if it is indeed sold). If the sale doesn't go through I expect that the CW will follow its usual methods and renew Legends and any other shows that had not already been announced as final seasons.

22 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

I wonder if S8 would have a time jump where Sara was just about to give birth. 

I get the sense from one of Keto's interviews that they're interested in playing out the pregnancy storyline. And Klemmer seems impressed by Caity's comedic ability and Sara will probably be the freaked out pregnant lady and her pregnancy will be played for laughs.

What is the point of making Sara pregnant?  Typically pregnancy storylines get written into shows sometimes to accomodate the actress' real life pregnancy, is that the case here?  Assuming the show gets renewed for Season 8, I just don't particularly care for a chunk of storyline devoted to "babe this" and "babe that" and "OMG babe" as they play up this baby storyline for laughs.  The pregnancy should have been saved for the series finale.

I liked Nate's role as the historian on the ship, but I've never particularly liked the actor and his stupid hair.  It was so ridiculous that he had powers that were too expensive to film so the response was that he would barely use them.  They could have given him a suit instead all along if they didn't want to spend money.  I won't miss him at all.

Nice to see Donald Faison, but as long as they were going to do race-blind casting of Booster Gold, I'm wondering if this show is ever going to cast an Asian male in one of the Legend roles.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, blackwing said:

What is the point of making Sara pregnant? 

Before the news of the potential sale they may have been given indication that there would be a season 8 and that it would be the final season. If so Sara and Ava having at least one kid would make sense on the way to wrapping up the show. Even if the show lasts ten seasons and a movie it also fits with other Arrowverse shows and kids: Mia and Felicity's pregnancy in Arrow season 7, Alex and Kelly adopting Esme in Supergirl season 6, and Barry and Iris deciding to try to get pregnant in Flash season 7 (though they started meeting their adult children from the future a while ago). LOT deciding to bring kids into their main romantic relationship follows that trend.

The point of making Sara herself pregnant hopefully will be to give Caity some meaty material that she typically doesn't get but the fear is that it will end up sidelining her in favor of Ava doing all the ass kicking. I do think the show is aware of the complaints about Sara getting pushed aside for Ava in past seasons since they've given her some great stuff lately but I don't think they had any intention of sidelining her in the first place and it still happened. Hopefully they get renewed and go out with all the characters go out shining (not Ava she can be sidelined for once).

• Love 2

Please don't let this be the end. We got Sara's partly alien body getting her pregnant through kissing AND we got Booster Gold. It cannot -- should not -- end like this.

I've been good with how Sara got knocked up. First of all, no longer being invulnerable may have made her fully human, so we wouldn't get any more scenes of her getting killed. Second, the premise is funny because Ava was the one that was preparing to be a mother. And I know how lame the method was . . . but could you really imagine Ava looking through donors? Or worse . . . asking one of the guys? Nate would have run directly into the cloud of mustard gas than deal with the relating awkwardness.

Speaking of . . . .is this it for Nate/Nick? I've never disliked the character. Yeah, the whole hemophilia thing was swept under the rug after the second season, and budget constraints forced Nate into less awesome roles, "Hey-World" is also something I try not to think about. But I felt Nick did his best, and he rolled with the show's "go for broke" direction. And hey . . .we could get RoboNate back one day.

I could live with this Booster Gold. I wouldn't say that his canon and most of his interpretations (including Smallville (pause to shudder)) were inept and bumbling . . . but this Booster was fun. Playing golf between seconds of World War I? Hey, why not? The blue and gold golf outfit worked so well.

Putting aside the potential for not getting to see Booster and Pregnant Sara next season . . . there's a Time Police? And a Time Jail? D we really need an agency overseeing time and getting irritated at the Legends? At least the Time Masters made sense. The Time Bureau wound up based in the present, seemingly run by the U.S. government . . . which is disbelief that's hard to suspend.

I'd also want Human Gideon back. With the talk of Sara being the last "OG" Legend, giving the Waverider's ID a human body was a great move. She is messed up enough to warrant being a Legend, she has her own family within her team ("mother" Astra and "auntie" Spooner), and her partner in sexytimes is Gary . . . which would have been disturbing even if he wasn't also an alien.

I still think Legends is the best Arrowverse show. If the end is coming, let us get a proper finale.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Speaking of . . . .is this it for Nate/Nick? I've never disliked the character. Yeah, the whole hemophilia thing was swept under the rug after the second season, and budget constraints forced Nate into less awesome roles, "Hey-World" is also something I try not to think about. But I felt Nick did his best, and he rolled with the show's "go for broke" direction. And hey . . .we could get RoboNate back one day.

Yeah, this is it. While the showrunners have said that the door is open for Nick to come back if he wants to, he himself has made it clear that leaving was his decision. He just felt that it was time to move on to new things, so this particular exit for Nate had been pretty much planned from the start of the season.

Now, what I want to see is how Alun is going to be integrated into the Legends. His is going to be the most difficult adjustment we've seen so far, since he literally just came aboard the Waverider from 1916 after narrowly escaping what was supposed to have been his demise. How do you process the fact that (a) you were supposed to have died in battle; (b) your boyfriend (who is technically from nine years in your future) invented time-travel specifically in order to prevent (a) from happening; (c) you are now on what to you is an alien spacecraft located somewhere outside the time stream and are surrounded by perfect strangers who are known only to your boyfriend; and (d) you've just been arrested for something called "time crimes" -- whatever THAT means!

• Love 2

Someone on another forum mentioned that because Bishop was going to populate the world with Sara clones, he must have added this specific alien's DNA to her DNA so they can reproduce easily. I have to say, that is completely plausible, and it just made the whole pregnancy thing even more problematic than I first thought.

Bishop basically took away Sara's consent and agency by adding the alien DNA and resulting in her getting pregnant unknowingly. At least when humans get accidentally pregnant because of unprotected sex (or even protected sex but faced equipment failure), they still knew the risks. The possibility of getting pregnant this way is so ridiculous to Sara (and every other human) that there's no way she could have known. Why didn't Gary warn her beforehand?

Yet, the writers must think it's cute that Ava got her pregnant, and failed to see how Sara's agency and right was once again taken away from her (the first time was when Bishop killed her and transferred her memories to a clone body without her consent).

It's sad that things are just happening to Sara and her body without her consent, and yet such serious things are played for laughs.

• Love 7
On 3/5/2022 at 8:01 AM, legaleagle53 said:

Now, what I want to see is how Alun is going to be integrated into the Legends. His is going to be the most difficult adjustment we've seen so far, since he literally just came aboard the Waverider from 1916 after narrowly escaping what was supposed to have been his demise. How do you process the fact that (a) you were supposed to have died in battle; (b) your boyfriend (who is technically from nine years in your future) invented time-travel specifically in order to prevent (a) from happening; (c) you are now on what to you is an alien spacecraft located somewhere outside the time stream and are surrounded by perfect strangers who are known only to your boyfriend; and (d) you've just been arrested for something called "time crimes" -- whatever THAT means!

Yeah, I'm really curious what the plan is for him. And how he's going to contribute as another non-powered character, on top of Sara losing her invulnerability, Nate leaving, and Zari giving up her totem. (Which in itself kind of seems like a cost-cutting measure to help the show's chances of getting renewed. "See? We've already eliminated the need for 30% of the effects budget!") All we know about him is he's an infantry soldier; they don't need a gunner with Spooner around, and Gwyn at least brings some tech expertise. I guess we'll see. And hopefully the Legends will be able to swing by the 21st century at some point, just so Gwyn and Alun can see what changes have occurred in a century. "They have PARADES to celebrate this?!?"

In any case, I'm glad they found a loophole to bring him onboard. Tom Forbes is quite easy on the eye./shallow

Even though the writing was on the wall, I was hoping Nate would stay in some capacity. Partway through the season I realized how much I really liked this iteration of the cast and felt like the show had regained some footing. I had nothing against Constantine, but ditching the aliens and Bishop (mostly), limiting magic to Astra winging it, and refocusing on time shenanigans made me care again. And I especially liked what we got with Nate—less romance (never the show's strongest point), more of him being a better lieutenant to Sara than Ava's ever been. Too bad it was his swan song. But I'm liking the energy Donald Faison's bringing, so here's hoping renewal happens. 

• Love 3

I have never been more disappointed in Sara Lance story line than the one in the finale. I was disappointed in s4 not letting her grieve her father and have her own personal hell episode, I was disappointed in s5 that they did not explored her days in hell, when she was really dead, and that her blindness storyline was used to make Ava co-captain, so they took away the only thing that was still solo hers, I was utterly disgusted in s6 how they killed her and cloned her, only to make her another clone and give them self a reason to hurt her more on screen, but the pregnancy thing just tops all of this. I just couldn't even believe they were capable of that, but here we are.

For years I had to wait for these writers to treat my favorite female hero, like a hero and not like a shippers tool, and had the crumbs that the crossovers and Arrow give me. But for them her story was over, she was just too big, so they needed to break her down, and keep her around for posters and weddings. I am almost sure that she will be even less in s8, and her motherhood story will be probably presented as another excuse to show how she is broken or nothing without Ava. I assume she will be attached to some nursery and even more attached to Ava, and they will appear together just for some team talking scenes. But this is what the shippers want, and this is what the writers care about.

I still can't believe how the avalance shippers twitter outrage happen because in an episode Jess M directed, avalance had no screen time, and you see Sara 'didn't care for Ava' ?! While this was the episode they at least allowed Sara to be a captain and a protector of her team again and actually have scenes that are more action and proactive. Not to mention how a pregnancy that happened due to the fact that Sara was violated is actually celebrated.

For me this storyline of Sara getting knocked up with out her knowledge, or even suspecting this is even possible, so she can take a precaution or actually plan it and be her own choice, is analogue of a teenage girl pregnancy who does the sexual act with having no sexual education before hand.

• Love 3
On 3/6/2022 at 9:12 AM, lurker22 said:

Bishop basically took away Sara's consent and agency by adding the alien DNA and resulting in her getting pregnant unknowingly. At least when humans get accidentally pregnant because of unprotected sex (or even protected sex but faced equipment failure), they still knew the risks. The possibility of getting pregnant this way is so ridiculous to Sara (and every other human) that there's no way she could have known. Why didn't Gary warn her beforehand?

Yet, the writers must think it's cute that Ava got her pregnant, and failed to see how Sara's agency and right was once again taken away from her (the first time was when Bishop killed her and transferred her memories to a clone body without her consent).

Well, the writers didn't seem to have noticed the gazillion consent issues with the "Mick gets accidentally pregnant" story in season 6 either. This was basically a rehash of it. Only even worse because it rendered the show's most important character pretty much irrelevant in what turned out to be the series finale.

This season was overall a pleasant surprise for me after the trainwreck that was season 6 (human Gideon was awesome) and I wish the CW would have given the show enough time for some proper series finale to be written and shot. However, turning Sara into "half alien" just so the writers can have this magical baby and yet another "Haha, that Gary, isn't he so funny and adorable hiding information for no reason again" is totally par for the course for the way they wrote these two characters in the last few seasons, alas.  Writing Sara so often as the love interest rather than a character with her own thoughts and goals was downright bizarre, especially in a show that is generally so good at allowing every main character to shine. Not when it came to romance, unfortunately. Zari 1.0 and Zari 2.0 both had extended periods of being little more than the love interest too.

On 3/3/2022 at 7:45 PM, tennisgurl said:

Speaking of Sara, her getting knocked up via kiss is the stupidest thing this show has done in a long time. Not even typical wacky Legends stupid, this is just stupid shipper wish fulfillment. This is not a show that needs a baby, I was hoping that the future baby would be something that is hinted at in the series finale, not something that would actually happen in the show itself. I don't even know how this makes sense, what evolutionary benefit is there to a baby taking a parents invulnerability? Shouldn't an invulnerable parent make the baby invulnerable anyway? If the parent dies, does the baby just burst out of their corpse, Alien style? If this is Sara's alien DNA doing this, shouldn't the baby be an alien then? This is so stupid, its very clearly shipper bait for people that want a Sara/Ava combo baby with both of their genes and lots of pregnancy shenanigan's, even if that is totally stupid in an actual show on every level.

Well said. Hell, I am a shipper and I still hated that twist. "Sara is a clone but also half-alien" never made a lick of sense even by the very loose standards of this show and in any the miracle baby was so necessary, it could have easily come into being in many other ways and avoided all the unfortunate implications. Like, I don't know, Astra casting a spell. Should have been a piece of cake compared to putting the Waverider back together. But I guess the writers think unplanned pregnancies that almost kill the protagonists are the height of hilarity. Sara would have almost certainly died if Gary wasn't around to conveniently inform her she was no longer invulnerable, Mick almost died but both times the unfortunate implications were swept under the carpet.

I am going to miss this crazy show a lot but I can't help but wonder what might have been if the writers could write half-decent romance and didn't have that dumbass Gary as their writer's pet.

• Love 2