Type keyword(s) to search

Design Shows

Taylorh2
  • Start Topic

Do watch the first one too, Belgian countryside. 
Nate told them "I'm not going to get your approval for everything I do."
I loved the little girl too, and think Poppy is such a cute name.

Lol, the two women on both shows are similar temperaments. The difference between the "Belgian Countryside" and "Global Coastal" families was at least the newlywed couple didn't have kids to drag through it, too. And how did both couples get there? "Oh, hey, we know what we are doing, we can handle doing some of the work and being general contractors, think of all the money we will save." Hmmm, not so much. The Belgian Countryside couple had barely enough money to get the drywall hung and everything else was a bonus they weren't paying for (although they will pay taxes on the donated materials/labor).

I live in a climate that can be dark and dreary for several months, so I get the appeal of a light, bright space, but that is too much white and off-white for me. I do like that N&J's designs don't feel cluttered nor do they really feel spare.

Some quibbles on that layout thought - is there another family room or living room? Otherwise that was too much of the house layout taken up by the dining table. The house needed an adult living room and a family room, and if the table had to be smaller (and say round with a leaf), some of that space by the entry could have been another seating area. The scale of that dining table and the sheer space around it bespeaks a house that is, say, another 2,000sf of living area, when it looks like their entire living area (entry, dining, family, kitchen) is less than 1,000 sf and the dining area is half that.

Didn't care for the hidden dog door, either, particularly since one of their dogs (assuming that WAS a quick glimpse of their dogs at one point) was too big to use the door.

• Love 1

I didn't like the dog door there either, but didn't get where it would come out, and why it couldn't go out by the patio door.  It seemed like you had a way into your house, that could be forgotten, and other animals (raccoons?)  or small cat burglars could use.
Actually, I like defined rooms with walls, so that dogs and/or kids, can be kept in or out of a space. 

We need a forum for "Nate and Jeremiah'. They are so freaking cute. I like their style, and the show, tho it reinvents no new wheels or anything. It's just another design show, but they're snarkily charming.

• Love 1

I've always like Nate since I first saw him on Oprah's show. I think he's really talented as his his partner, Jeremiah. Their daughter, Poppy, is just too cute. I do realize that the initial budget for their customers is way low and that they are able to add ALOT of dollars to the renovation but I don't care. It's the ultimate Reno that I want to see. So I'd like to see a separate file for them. And I do hope their show continues as it's at least a bit different that the usual crap we see. 

17 hours ago, auntjess said:

Yeah, but we don't know how long it will last, and making all those unneeded files is such a pain.
So whatever, but I vote NO.
And it's not like there's much traffic here.

True, but it took me two weeks to find this. I had no idea this forum even existed til I did a search. I think more folks would maybe talk about the show if there a thread for it. But whatever; you may be right that the show will be gone soon anyway.

I see what you mean, but I'm thinking that the way HGTV et al do programing, they'll either show 4 episodes and quit, or follow up with a half dozen new designing couples.
We had files for the original Tiny House Nation, the 4 or 5 more iterations showed up, all starting with Tiny.
Same with the flipping shows, and who can remember what you saw where.

• Love 2

The interior ended up looking great, on the "global coastal" house, but from the outside, it looked to be a crackerbox in an iffy neighborhood, going by the metal grating on the before pictures.
I was glad they got the powder room, because an extra bathroom is always a good thing.
That bamboo on the ceiling did look like it might be a fire hazard, though, and also a dust collector.

• Love 1

Finally saw an episode of "House to Home" and liked it fairly well. Some choices I didn't agree with, but overall a nice renovation by someone who is pleasant and upbeat.

It's on HGTV, I think they have at least 4 episodes scheduled.

I have it on my DirecTV "programs to record" list but it doesn't show any upcoming episodes in the next 3 weeks. The HGTV website isn't very useful for trying to find the next showing, unless of course it is one of the 5 shows they *constantly* rerun.

• Love 2
On 4/17/2017 at 0:29 PM, WildPlum said:

Lol, the two women on both shows are similar temperaments. The difference between the "Belgian Countryside" and "Global Coastal" families was at least the newlywed couple didn't have kids to drag through it, too. And how did both couples get there? "Oh, hey, we know what we are doing, we can handle doing some of the work and being general contractors, think of all the money we will save." Hmmm, not so much. The Belgian Countryside couple had barely enough money to get the drywall hung and everything else was a bonus they weren't paying for (although they will pay taxes on the donated materials/labor).

I live in a climate that can be dark and dreary for several months, so I get the appeal of a light, bright space, but that is too much white and off-white for me. I do like that N&J's designs don't feel cluttered nor do they really feel spare.

Some quibbles on that layout thought - is there another family room or living room? Otherwise that was too much of the house layout taken up by the dining table. The house needed an adult living room and a family room, and if the table had to be smaller (and say round with a leaf), some of that space by the entry could have been another seating area. The scale of that dining table and the sheer space around it bespeaks a house that is, say, another 2,000sf of living area, when it looks like their entire living area (entry, dining, family, kitchen) is less than 1,000 sf and the dining area is half that.

Didn't care for the hidden dog door, either, particularly since one of their dogs (assuming that WAS a quick glimpse of their dogs at one point) was too big to use the door.

I couldn't believe the newlywed couple. Sure, let's knock down all of the walls and rip up all of the floors without having any kind of plan or budget. They are lucky someone came to rescue them! I liked the Belgian Countryside house but I didn't like the dining room being the first room when you enter.

• Love 2

I've always like Nate and also Jeremiah when I've seen him. I really wanted to like this show but holy cow. It's so formulaic like so many others, they call in "favors" to up the final cost by 100,000, they put a powder room at the end of a kitchen (!!!). I'm just done with a show that could have been so good if they'd just asked a few of us snarkers what we wanted to see, what we thought was cheesy and stupid and how we'd produce this show. Sorry for Nate and Jeremiah-this is a fail for me. 

• Love 1

Any other Canadians watching Home to Win? They premiered the second season tonight. Its still chaotic and probably not for anyone with a low tolerance for Bryan Baeumler but its fun. It has Sarah Richardson so I will watch even if it means fast forwarding through Tiffany the clown. Its actually fun watching everyone interact and seeing who takes charge  (Sarah Richardson) who quiets down (Sebastian Clovis) and who becomes even more energized (Bryan Baeumler). The snark from Sarah Richardson, Tommy Smythe and Nicole Bryk alone makes it worth watching.

5 minutes ago, Emily Thrace said:

not for anyone with a low tolerance for Bryan Baeumler

I'd watch online, but US is probably blocked.  I used to love Bryan Baeumler, especially Disaster DIY, but when he started working with his wife, instead of homeowners, he was no longer funny.
If there's another US season, I'll trade you Tim Tebow for Bryan.

3 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I'd watch online, but US is probably blocked.  I used to love Bryan Baeumler, especially Disaster DIY, but when he started working with his wife, instead of homeowners, he was no longer funny.
If there's another US season, I'll trade you Tim Tebow for Bryan.

Well Sarah Baeumler is in this one, HGTV is passing her off as a designer but she actually doesn't work with Bryan. In fact Sarah  actually said she did this so she could work with someone other than Bryan. Although I actually like watching them work together even if I end up rolling my eyes a fair bit.

• Love 1

Nate and Jeremiah's latest, the house from "Uncle Al" in Eagle Rock? That was the first episode in which I did not like very many of the design choices, particularly the wall colors. It made the house look so dark and I liked the grasscloth wallpaper better before it was painted.  She did say she didn't want beige, and. boy, did she not get beige.

I did like the dining table (although not the brass legs) and most of the furniture. This is the first episode in which the homeowners actually had a budget that was realistic AND not only did N&J stay in budget, they came in $15,000 under.

5 hours ago, WildPlum said:

This is the first episode in which the homeowners actually had a budget that was realistic AND not only did N&J stay in budget, they came in $15,000 under.

I was actually surprised, because usually they spend more, and I didn't think $100k would go far in that world.  I guess it was because all the underpinnings were done.
I agree that it was so dark, and when they were first showing the painted wallpaper room, it looked really patchy when the bright lights were on.
While I like bold colors, I didn't like those.  I'd have liked a different green, and a red.

Windy City Flip has to be one of the most annoying shows I've watched on hgtv. Why not call this episode exactly what it was: buy a lot with a tear down on it and build a brand new home? Alison starts off lecturing about restoring vintage homes and preserving history and ends up destroying an old house. Oh sorry, she reused some bricks and brought an unrelated door and fireplace into a new build. I'm not buying for one second that not one inch of the house was salvageable and it ended up crumbling.  Even at the end, she's talking to the new owners about preserving the feel of the original house through a tile style. And they show before and after pics of the old rooms against the new house. What??? The only reason I'd watch again is to see if this is her formula. This was the biggest stretch to fit the popular format of flipping shows I've seen.

I miss decorating shows on HGTV instead of just house flipping shows.  Loved Design on a Dime, and Color Confidential as well as all of Sarah Richardson’s shows.  Unfortunately right now flipping shows are about the only thing in their lineup (oh and tiny house shows).

Ten years ago they had one called Find Your Style that showed homeowners how to put together a room based on their likes and the hostess would send them shopping with a specific list, then would offer comments & swaps after they’d set up the pieces they had bought.  It was great & very educational.

Watched Nate & Jeremiah but my issue is the complete lack of color in their designs.  They’re just all so beige & blah!

• Love 3

I just finished watching Sarah Richardson, Off the Grid.  It was entertaining, but that palatial home in the middle of nowhere?  I don't know what she was thinking.  I would have gone for something a little more rustic.  I wonder what the cost was for that thing.  The decor was typical Sarah - all blues and whites, which I am getting a little tired of.

• Love 1
On 10/10/2017 at 6:52 PM, Redhead said:

I miss decorating shows on HGTV instead of just house flipping shows.  Loved Design on a Dime, and Color Confidential as well as all of Sarah Richardson’s shows.  Unfortunately right now flipping shows are about the only thing in their lineup (oh and tiny house shows).

Ten years ago they had one called Find Your Style that showed homeowners how to put together a room based on their likes and the hostess would send them shopping with a specific list, then would offer comments & swaps after they’d set up the pieces they had bought.  It was great & very educational.

Watched Nate & Jeremiah but my issue is the complete lack of color in their designs.  They’re just all so beige & blah!

Yes!  There was a show that had 3 teams of 3 decorate an identical condo.  The judges were people who were looking to buy a home, not necessarily there.  They were asked which one they preferred. 

Another similar show had teams decorating a larger space that again was identical and the judges were designers. 

Design Star, I loved!  

I like to see spaces transformed with interior design rather that the flip which is from the bones up.  

We are in need of better decor shows! 

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:41 AM, useryikes said:

I just finished watching Sarah Richardson, Off the Grid.  It was entertaining, but that palatial home in the middle of nowhere?  I don't know what she was thinking.  I would have gone for something a little more rustic.  I wonder what the cost was for that thing.  The decor was typical Sarah - all blues and whites, which I am getting a little tired of.

Agree on all points except the rustic part. 

I wonder how her girls will like it when they get to be teens and want to be near their friends.  Like that it was typical Sarah R design aesthetic--Tommy's quip when they walked into the stone/granite supplier summed it up:  "This is Sarah Richardson, take us to the white area."

It was a fun hour this morning and I hope to see more.  It would be nice to see an update after they finish the barn building, too.

• Love 2

I loved watching Sarah Richardson, too.  I missed the first part..but was that going to be their full-time home or maybe a second home?  Even while they are young, her children would want someone to play with other than each other.  What about schools? Something tells me carpooling the kids would be not be an option. 

But I did love that house and see why it and the surrounding area would be appealing.  I know this episode was a rerun (weren't there other episodes involving the house?) but I love watching a true design show and she has such a good aesthetic; also enjoy Tommy.  For me, he makes the show.

• Love 2
On 2018-06-09 at 7:19 AM, Kemper said:

I loved watching Sarah Richardson, too.  I missed the first part..but was that going to be their full-time home or maybe a second home?  Even while they are young, her children would want someone to play with other than each other.  What about schools? Something tells me carpooling the kids would be not be an option. 

But I did love that house and see why it and the surrounding area would be appealing.  I know this episode was a rerun (weren't there other episodes involving the house?) but I love watching a true design show and she has such a good aesthetic; also enjoy Tommy.  For me, he makes the show.

Its a weekend country place they mention that in the first episode. It was meant to be country not really rustic. The house may seem like its in the middle of nowhere but its actually pretty close to Toronto and is outside a decent sized town. Like the Baemlers place its in farm country but the burbs are just around the corner.

Off The Grid is one big ass house. Wow! I do agree that Sarah RIchardson design is the same ole same ole but I like it. It's always so bring & airy. I like her husband and Tommy cracks me up and he knows her so well. I also like it because it isn't a Flip show. There are too many of them on now and it's nice to see the design side of things.

• Love 2

Is anyone watching House Doctor on Netflix?  A way-too-perky American designer goes to England to help people stage their houses to sell.  These houses have been on the market for quite awhile (in one case, years) so the Perky American whips the houses (and homeowners) into shape.  I loved it.  I loved how none of these houses was especially nice or had all-that-many great design features.  The houses were very very average and of the kind that you never see on HGTV.  None of the potential buyers (probably staged) mentioned gutting anything; none of them mentioned stainless steel or granite.  The houses didn't look all that much better after the staging; but they were a little better, cleared out and brightened up a bit.  

The show is quite the palate cleanser after House Hunters on HGTV.  I laughed out loud at some of the comments from the Brits - one of them mentioned that Perky Designer Woman was one of those "typical Americans" who speak their mind.  I needed Mr. Kemper to translate the house prices and renovations from pounds to dollars.  The show was lively and entertaining.  What more could one ask on a really really hot summer night with political news dominating the airwaves.  

• Love 2
On 6/17/2018 at 7:46 PM, Jeeves said:

I've found some UK shows on Netflix lately. Just binge-streamed House Doctor hosted by Tracy Metro, an American who seems to have deeper credentials as a performer than as a designer, but whatever. It's the same concept as the first seasons of the show, from I think the late 90's (!!), hosted by Ann Maurice (also an American). Someone owns a home that they need/want to sell, which has been on the market but spurned by buyers. The perky and ebullient Tracy comes in, we see what the problems are, there are some so-called "hidden camera" visits by potential buyers who then opine how horrible the place is because of X and Y. Then Tracy and her crew fix the two rooms that are X and Y, there's a reveal with the homeowners, a followup "hidden camera" tour by the same buyers who then rain praise down upon the property. And everyone lives happily ever after. 

I like Tracy's warmth - Ann Maurice was IIRC comparatively colder and snarkier. In the 20 new episodes streaming on Netflix, there was I think only one homeowner who really resisted Tracy's attempts to fix up the house. I think that in the good old days long past, it was much more likely that a homeowner would be truly oblivious to what was wrong with the house and uncooperative with efforts to fix it. I suppose by now everybody in Britain has seen one or another of these real estate/decorating/DIY shows. Not so much of that kind of drah-mah in the new episodes. There was one woman who hated what Tracy did to lighten up her horrendously dark and pretentious traditional decor (the house was great but after umpteen viewings there had been no offers). TBH I think that woman should never have agreed to be on the show at all. She was an anxious mess. 

On 6/19/2018 at 5:49 PM, AnnieBeez said:

I’ve watched a few. I wish she wouldn’t paint the furniture so much, though. [I DO love that camera will focus on sloppiness/missed spots.] The ombré chairs were the worst, and I agreed with the homeowner when he asked, “Why didn’t you finish?” 

Overall, it’s watchable. And you’re right, she’s not mean or too snarky. 

@Kemper - The above two quoted posts are from the U.K. TV topic here at Genre Talk. 

4 hours ago, Kemper said:

Is anyone watching House Doctor on Netflix? 

The show is quite the palate cleanser after House Hunters on HGTV.  I laughed out loud at some of the comments from the Brits - one of them mentioned that Perky Designer Woman was one of those "typical Americans" who speak their mind.  I needed Mr. Kemper to translate the house prices and renovations from pounds to dollars.  The show was lively and entertaining.  What more could one ask on a really really hot summer night with political news dominating the airwaves.  

I agree - House Doctor is a refreshing change from House Hunters. It's been a long time since I even tried to watch House Hunters. I think the only HGTV show I even bother with these days is Good Bones. 

Jeeves, thanks so much for posting this; if I saw those posts I must have forgotten.  I really like Good Bones, too; plus Boise Boys.  That one, I think, has been canceled; because I liked it. lol

I hardly watch HGTV anymore - I have "aged out" more than likely, according their programming demographic.  Young flippers, some of them truly tacky, have taken over; that, plus the Family Values programming of some of the couples; and the "coolness" of The Twins is the network's mainstay.  It is like watching Hallmark Movies.  Please don't toss things at me.  To each his own.   

• Love 1

@Kemper, when I posted about the House Doctor on the UK topic, I wondered if it might be more appropriate on this topic instead, and I think that's true.

Have you seen the Brit series, Selling Houses with Sarah Beeny, on Netflix? I did a "sort of" binge-watch of it. Meaning I had it streaming while doing housework and then some other things on the computer. I enjoyed it as a sort of virtual trip to the UK where we got to get inside a variety of housing - flats to detached houses. 

One detail that I see in these shows is that it's more usual than not, for a clothes washing machine to be in the kitchen in a home in Britain. Somehow that subject became a hot topic of discussion in, of all places, the London Forum on TripAdvisor. Well, it was started when an American or Canadian who'd rented an Airbnb there, brought up the subject somehow. It was, at least for me, quite an instructive conversation. It wasn't news to me because I've visited in a few homes in the UK.

I'm happy to have my own washer and dryer in their own little utility room in my condo, but unlike some Americans who posted in that topic, I'm not squicked out at the idea of washing clothes in the kitchen. (I confess, I snorted something like *snowflake!* when I read those posts, but then I lived on a farm as a little kid, and played in the dirt, and made mud pies and rode my bike without a helmet, so. ...)

• Love 3

I wish HGTV would split into two networks.   One just for Chip and Joanna and The Twins.  And maybe the flippers.  The other could be design and gardening.  Hallmark has three networks that I know of.  

• Love 2

OMG, I'm sick of the twins and the Love It or List It.  It's beyond painful at this point.  I could see how forced viewing of these shows on a continuous loop could be considered cruel and unusual punishment. 

Does anyone recall the tv show from long ago where these two women went into various homes and cleaned them up?  I mean, scrubbing the shower, washing windows, disinfecting the fridge, kind of cleaning.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OMG, I'm sick of the twins and the Love It or List It.  It's beyond painful at this point.  I could see how forced viewing of these shows on a continuous loop could be considered cruel and unusual punishment. 

Does anyone recall the tv show from long ago where these two women went into various homes and cleaned them up?  I mean, scrubbing the shower, washing windows, disinfecting the fridge, kind of cleaning.  

Do you mean Kim and Aggie, on How Clean is Your House (I think that was the name)?

• Love 1

I happened on Sarah Richardson's 2018 show, Sarah Off the Grid on Amazon today. It follows the building of her new family home in the country. I love Sarah and paid the $8 to watch the season, but dang. I haven't seen anything from her since she renovated her island cabin which was maybe 10 years ago? She still loves white painted furniture, blues, and pale wood tones. The result was of course beautiful but she's certainly stayed the course with her own personal design preferences!

Anyway, fun show and TOMMY is there!!

I may have to rewatch some old Sarah's House episodes now. It's so calming and pleasant to spend time with her.

Just saw the last 7 minutes of Renovator’s Challenge on HGTV. I’ve never heard of it but it appears to be a remake of the old Designer’s Challenge where three designers pitch their design plans for a space and the homeowners choose one. It’s a show that hasn’t been crammed down my throat ala the twins or the Gaines, so I’ll give it a chance. Since it was on the during the day, I’m assuming it wasn’t a first airing but I don’t recall seeing anything about it when it first aired. Did anyone watch this?

I had been watching ION Life (I think that is the channel) a bit recently.  They had been running some shows that used to be on HGTV and maybe DIY.  Candice Olsen, the lady who helped people find apartments, and the lady who helped people get their finances under control.  She could be brutal sometimes - but it was kind of interesting to see how people can get themselves under a mountain of debt.  So...

I tuned in this weekend and the programming seemed to have changed; not design shows, no financial shows.  Instead there was a marathon of the show that Matt Bomer used to be on.  And I haven't seen any design shows return.  I wonder if the network has changed the format.  Because we never see enough detective/mystery reruns.  Sarcasm.  It is just that I really miss the shows that featured decorating on a budget, how to use color, how to plan out a room, etc.  Wish some channel would bring all those old shows back; sadly I thought ION Life was the one that would do it.

• Love 1

I watch HGTV using an Amazon Fire stick and a few months ago, they added back a lot of old shows---they have Vern Yip's shows, shows like Designer Finals, heck they even have Carol Duval's shows.     A lot of them are pretty dated, but I suspect a lot of people ask for them so they put them out there.

I wonder if there is some license issue with Candice's shows, hers are not there, and there is only one of Sarah Richardson's shows on the site right now.

12 hours ago, Kemper said:

I had been watching ION Life (I think that is the channel) a bit recently.  They had been running some shows that used to be on HGTV and maybe DIY.  Candice Olsen, the lady who helped people find apartments, and the lady who helped people get their finances under control.  She could be brutal sometimes - but it was kind of interesting to see how people can get themselves under a mountain of debt.  So...

I tuned in this weekend and the programming seemed to have changed; not design shows, no financial shows.  Instead there was a marathon of the show that Matt Bomer used to be on.  And I haven't seen any design shows return.  I wonder if the network has changed the format.  Because we never see enough detective/mystery reruns.  Sarcasm.  It is just that I really miss the shows that featured decorating on a budget, how to use color, how to plan out a room, etc.  Wish some channel would bring all those old shows back; sadly I thought ION Life was the one that would do it.

I get ION Life over the air and agree with you. The new programming lineup is of minimal interest to me. I liked the old lineup of all those old Canadian shows. And, I like Brian Baeumler

I know the Candice Olsen and Gail Oxlade (financial advisor) shows are long out of production, but IMO they hold up well to repeat viewing these days. 

This discussion has reminded me of my fave Gail Oxlade show, Princess (2010-2012), which made for some great online snark, and I wish we could view it in the US.

But on the design show topic, ION Life not only had Candice's Divine Design, they had that show about color choices, Colour Confidential (aka Get Color! in the US). For some reason I liked the corny scene where the host brought out a big circular color wheel consisting of objects in boxes for each color. And inwardly sighed as the color-challenged guests always went for the reds and browns, lol. (Not my personal taste but interesting to watch and hear what they said about the way colors work in rooms.)

Edited by Jeeves
Coherence
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

But on the design show topic, ION Life not only had Candice's Divine Design, they had that show about color choices, Colour Confidential (aka Get Color! in the US). For some reason I liked the corny scene where the host brought out a big circular color wheel consisting of objects in boxes for each color. And inwardly sighed as the color-challenged guests always went for the reds and browns, lol. (Not my personal taste but interesting to watch and hear what they said about the way colors work in rooms.)

Yes !  The color wheel!  I wish Joan Steffand had been given more time on Decorating Cents.   I cannot believe a channel like TLC has not gone all in on decorating and gardening shows; they could not be all that expensive to produce or rerun.  It seems they have plenty of horrific realty shows.  But I know those are usually cheap to produce, also.

• Love 1

This weekend I watched a show called American Rehab on the DIY channel--there are 5 seasons--they do a major rehab in a different season each season and 2 of them were flips, but the others were people re-doing their own homes.

I really enjoyed the Detroit season where  young man re-did a family home that his great grandparents lost in the depression, and the one of the Mt Airy plantation in Virginia was so interesting because of all the history they have in that property.

I wonder why they didn't show all of the rooms for the last season--a beautiful old house in Newark NJ--the lady had clearly done the kitchen and they didn't really show it until the last episode as part of the party she had to show the house to her friends and family.

The only season I did not care for was the flip house that was done in Buffalo.   That couple had a very specific aesthetic and it was like they did a nice job with the rehab--but then they'd decorate and I would go "Oh no!"

Back again with another new to me show---I watched a new show called Philly Revival on the DIY channel last night and I really enjoyed it.   The woman who does the show is a licensed contractor, the designer, and a licensed realtor, so she probably makes a lot more profit.   She seems to really know what she's doing--and there is little or no fake drama.    She does several smaller row houses and she definitely has a "style" that she does in those, but then she did several larger homes and some of the things she did were just beautiful.   The one that I remember was a house where on the main floor she had the all of the electrical in the ceiling for lighting run on top of the dry wall and they used copper pipe instead of the normal industrial looking stuff--and it ended up being kind of an art installation--where you see all the wiring in copper and the lighting descending from it.  I've never seen anything like it and it was really beautiful.   The woman is really likeable, and so is her crew--her mother also shows up briefly to help with staging at the end of each show.     She seems to turn her places quickly--usually within a week of posting them and almost always gets a full price offer or better.

• Love 3

I liked Colour Confidential/Get Color. BUT I hated that damned color wheel. I know, I know, the "wheel" was a THE main part of the color selection process. I believe the couple knew or had pre-approved what the design was before hand, maybe they just didn't know which specific items would be picked to represent the color choices). But, as presented on the show, it's made to seem that the host picks the color options for the couple. That wouldn't fly for me. Suppose there's no yellow or red, or tan on the wheel and that's what I like.

Like I said, the show was OK. And while some of the color combinations I disagreed with, for the most partI guess the results were decent. And certainly better than the "before."

Edited by selhars

Kim and Aggie, on How Clean is Your House

Episodes are on YouTube. I LOVE their reactions. The way they recoil, and say "oooh" and scrunch their noses when something sticks. It's hysterically great!

Edited by selhars