Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Monkey Dory

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

The team scouts the apparent hub for the aliens’ food supply, only to come face-to-face with a full-fledged invasion. Meanwhile, Auggie’s attempt to sell out his son to the police is complicated by Murn’s mysterious contact.

Original Airdate: Thursday, January 27, 2022
wfyBYsc.png
peacemaker-john-cena-1263560.jpg
freddie-stroma_0.jpg
danielle-brooks-elizabeth-ludlow.jpg
john-cena-danielle-brooks.jpg

Except for the gorilla fight, a fairly boring episode, but still far superior to anything else on television.

What was that animal that Eagly brought to Peacemaker, it was fairly cute. I am still waiting for Eagly to bring home a few kittens and a chihuahua or two. Just to see if people still think that he is cool.

I didn't think that Peacemaker lived that close to other people, I wonder how far away the shooting range is.

That X-Ray helmet was pretty useful, for some people.

I was hoping that they would take the computers, the distribution list should tell them all that they need to know.

It seems weird that an Employee of Glan Tai would be drinking in a bar alone, since everything they need is in the amber fluid. She must have been there looking for someone to have sex with. I wonder if "Butterflies" can eat and drink regular food.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

What was that animal that Eagly brought to Peacemaker, it was fairly cute. I am still waiting for Eagly to bring home a few kittens and a chihuahua or two. Just to see if people still think that he is cool.

I believe it was a ferret. I know eagles are predators but please no puppies or kittens.

Murn had better think twice about hurting Leota. Amanda Waller is someone you don’t mess with.

2 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Except for the gorilla fight, a fairly boring episode, but still far superior to anything else on television.

I didn't think that Peacemaker lived that close to other people, I wonder how far away the shooting range is.

That X-Ray helmet was pretty useful, for some people.

I was hoping that they would take the computers, the distribution list should tell them all that they need to know.

It seems weird that an Employee of Glan Tai would be drinking in a bar alone, since everything they need is in the amber fluid. She must have been there looking for someone to have sex with. I wonder if "Butterflies" can eat and drink regular food.

Disagree about this being a fairly boring episode. But, I usually disagree with people when they say that. I'm spending time with characters I like. Not boring to me. Is plot moving forward? Remains a question I don't ask myself while watching TV. 

But in this episode we had a lot of plot moving anyway. The cops are more involved and folding into the bigger plot. Murn has been discovered. Most importantly for me, the 111th street kids are becoming genuine friends. The verbal jabs can be fun but I loved them just getting along.

I kept waiting to find out that Harcourt had some nefarious goal behind her smile but she just genuinely seemed to be happy.

I also feel like Peacemaker mocking Vigilante and making him feel bad will come into play later on. Don't hurt your friends. Especially violent ones. 

I didn't even think about linking the x ray helmet to Murn being discovered. As soon as I saw it was left in the office I was scared for her.

I don't care what eagly brings back. I don't care about animals like that. I'm not outraged if a animal dies in a fictional tv show. So, he can bring back whatever he likes. I'm glad that he continually seems to love Peacemaker. He's not delusional. Eagly really seems to care for him.

• Love 13

There is a rumor that the Peacemaker opening dance number is a recreation of the Space Invaders video game.

Judomaster is hiding in the background in multiple scenes of the Peacemaker opening dance number and in takes a keen eye to spot him.  

• Love 2

Kite Man exists in this universe!  I so hope he shows up in the future (if not now, a hopeful next season) since he has a connection to Peacemaker.  That is so a character I can see James Gunn having fun with!

As soon as Peacemaker started listing off various names of who Economics could have framed instead, I figured that was going to be the alternate take at the end of credits, because it really had a vibe of not being scripted, but John Cena just being told to randomly name names and have the rest of the cast react to it.  Maybe a bit too long, but I still cracked up at the randomness of it all like both Michael Jordan and Michael B. Jordan, Mariska Hargitay, and the cast of Riverdale.  And then Economics outrage over suggestion Ariana Grande and Peacemaker admitting he might have went too far there.

So, the butterflies can apparently infect other species too.  I wonder if that was how Charlie the Gorilla was able to speak, or will he actually be part of Gorilla City and they will bring them into the universe (again: I imagine Gunn's take on Gorilla Grodd would be a sight to behold!)  I do worry that this revelation means that Eagly or Leota's dogs might need to watch themselves, although hopefully all of them are too small and the butterflies won't be able to fit in their heads or go up any orifices (including their butts!)

I was wondering when Christopher Heyerdahl was going to show up after seeing him dancing in the credits for so long.  Looks like he has some kind of sinister history with Murn, but I can't tell if he's a fellow butterfly or just an A.R.G.U.S. connection.  But he's here to try and keep a lid on August's frame job, but it looks like Detective Song won't go down without a fight!

Say what you will about Vigilante, but I kind of see his logic about the use of the mermaid emoji.

Aww, Hardcourt created a group chat with the gang!  Double aww, Eagly tried to cheer Chris up with a ferret!  Such a good boy!

I wonder what will come out of Waller wanting Leota to plant Chris' journal in his house and the blowback that will come from it.

Episode ends with Leota figuring out that Murn is a butterfly, but he also knows that she knows.  Uh oh!

• Love 4

This was like a zombie episode with butterfly aliens.

Kite-Man, I really hope they can fit a line about Peacemaker in the Harley Quinn animated show. 

This show goes off on weird tangents but it kind of works. 

I was wondering if Harcourt got taken over by a butterfly since she was acting different. I guess she could just be warming up to the team. 

Since Murn seems to be killing other butterflies, maybe he'll tell Adebayo he's trying to stop the take over. 

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I kept waiting to find out that Harcourt had some nefarious goal behind her smile but she just genuinely seemed to be happy.

I think so, too.

I also think that means she's going to be dead soon. 😯☹️

6 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

I think so, too.

I also think that means she's going to be dead soon. 😯☹️

I don't think Gunn would kill her off and leave with out a steady gig. I could be wrong though.

Everyone actually bonding, even making their own 111 fourth street kids group chat, was really fun, so of course now its time for things to take a bad turn, as Leota finds out that Murn is a butterfly and he knows that she knows. I thought this was a really fun episode, the cast really gelled, especially as they actually started to get along, I really like how the show has taken a lot of minor characters from the Suicide Squad movies and has given them so much personality. Such is the power of James Gunn.

I wonder if there are actually two factions of butterflies, one is trying to come in peace (in a weird way) and the other is trying to take over the world? Then it can tie into Peacemaker and his good intentions vs the good he actually does with the things he does? 

I should have known the X Ray helmet would lead to Murn being revealed. If Leota is in danger, Amanda is not going to be thrilled. 

Eagly bringing Chris dead animals to cheer him up was sweet, in a gross kind of way. He's a smart eagle, but he is still an eagle after all. Eagly is one of my favorite animal sidekicks on TV right now, what a good bird. 

That gorilla fight was pretty awesome, complete with a chainsaw finishing move, now I really want to see James Gunn's take on Gorilla City.

• Love 4

This show is like watching what Seth Rogan finds funny. It takes 15 minutes for the gang to get in the truck because of all the “clever” dialogue about pointless topics. Interrupted by terrible music.

Why is Peacemaker keeping a butterfly captive? He doesn’t seem to be observing it or communicating with it. Will he have a breakthrough and his butterfly convinces the others to end the invasion?

So the only way to get the butterflies out is to kill the humans? That’s grim.

i could have fast forwarded through the entire opening scene. Eagly gets a rodent? Yay?

At least Peacemaker finally matched a helmet skill to a needed task.

What was their plan in the food factory? To map out every square foot? They knew what it was in the warehouse. Call in backups or blow it up.

Also? It is the creepy Swede from Hell on Wheels!

Edited by Ottis
10 hours ago, Ottis said:

This show is like watching what Seth Rogan finds funny. It takes 15 minutes for the gang to get in the truck because of all the “clever” dialogue about pointless topics. Interrupted by terrible music.

Why is Peacemaker keeping a butterfly captive? He doesn’t seem to be observing it or communicating with it. Will he have a breakthrough and his butterfly convinces the others to end the invasion?

So the only way to get the butterflies out is to kill the humans? That’s grim.

i could have fast forwarded through the entire opening scene. Eagly gets a rodent? Yay?

At least Peacemaker finally matched a helmet skill to a needed task.

What was their plan in the food factory? To map out every square foot? They knew what it was in the warehouse. Call in backups or blow it up.

Also? It is the creepy Swede from Hell on Wheels!

I fear this show just isn't for you.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/27/2022 at 9:24 AM, AnimeMania said:

What was that animal that Eagly brought to Peacemaker, it was fairly cute.

On 1/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I believe it was a ferret. I know eagles are predators but please no puppies or kittens.

I believe that Eagly bringing presents to Peacemaker - as he has done previously - will end in tragedy.
I fear for Leota's purse puppies..

On 1/27/2022 at 7:23 PM, Sakura12 said:

I was wondering if Harcourt got taken over by a butterfly since she was acting different. I guess she could just be warming up to the team. 

I was getting the vibe that she destructively hooked up with Vigilante after picking him up from prison last episode, and was feeling conflicted, because she knew it would impact the group dynamic, but by the end of the episode, I wasn’t so sure. 

On 1/30/2022 at 5:24 PM, absnow54 said:

I was getting the vibe that she destructively hooked up with Vigilante after picking him up from prison last episode, and was feeling conflicted, because she knew it would impact the group dynamic, but by the end of the episode, I wasn’t so sure. 

Huh? I don't think anything implied that or that's a place the show would go. It wouldn't even fuck up the group anyway. It would just end up being something for the group to riff on.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

Huh? I don't think anything implied that or that's a place the show would go. It wouldn't even fuck up the group anyway. It would just end up being something for the group to riff on.

I guess it's possible, but it's difficult for me to imagine the Harcourt character doing that because she knows what Chase is.  She's read his file.  She was there when he shot the Senator's (butterflied) wife and kids while whistling a cheerful tune.  Harcourt is a canny, experienced black ops operative.  Being literally, physically naked and vulnerable to a murderous sociopath like Chase does not seem like something that she'd choose to do. 

• Love 3

Main quibble: does anyone on the team believing in cleaning up after a mission? Being covered in blood and “butterfly” goo can’t be healthy.

I’m going to see the next episode. I’m willing to bet Peacemaker is going to shit on Adebayo for using HIS helmet. In her defense, who wouldn’t want x-Ray vision for a short time?

On 1/27/2022 at 7:23 PM, Sakura12 said:

Kite-Man, I really hope they can fit a line about Peacemaker in the Harley Quinn animated show. 

A crossover would be awesome, in that Harley and Chris are chaotic creatures that leave destruction in their wake.

Eagly is the best best friend.

On 1/27/2022 at 3:42 PM, AnimeMania said:

There is a rumor that the Peacemaker opening dance number is a recreation of the Space Invaders video game.

Judomaster is hiding in the background in multiple scenes of the Peacemaker opening dance number and in takes a keen eye to spot him.  

That will keep people glued to the opener!