Type keyword(s) to search

S33:E05: Stairway to Hell LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Bungee jumping would be a challenge for me! 

Sure, but you'd get it done. It's not like other teams would pass you while you contemplated it. It's not like it's even set up to make that possible. It's just an assembly line of racers stepping up, getting it done and moving on. There's no opportunity for getting ahead or falling behind. What's the point? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I'm disappointed there is only 15 minutes between departures. I think the departures should be staggered according to how much later teams arrive after the teams ahead of them.

I agree.  I can't imagine why they didn't keep with the actual arrival/departure times.  I can see maybe having a max time difference between first and last (maybe 4 hours).  But this 15 minute spread is bullshit. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, chaifan said:

I agree.  I can't imagine why they didn't keep with the actual arrival/departure times.  I can see maybe having a max time difference between first and last (maybe 4 hours).  But this 15 minute spread is bullshit. 

I assume it's because of using the chartered plane.  No sense in having the teams hours apart if they're all getting on the same flight anyway.  

That gnome should really be masked.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Sure, but you'd get it done. It's not like other teams would pass you while you contemplated it. It's not like it's even set up to make that possible. It's just an assembly line of racers stepping up, getting it done and moving on. There's no opportunity for getting ahead or falling behind. What's the point? 

You might get it done, or you might sit at the top of the waterslide for hours while three other teams pass you.....  I hope I wouldn't freeze like that, but I would certainly be terrified.  

• Love 6

Are older TAR teams frequent on social media? I looked up TAR14. This was on their first leg. I’d like to get their reactions seeing this repeated.

”This is The Amazing Race. They won’t let you die. Now . . . if this was Survivor or The Challenge . . .”

Edited by Lantern7
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Lantern7 said:

Are older TAR teams frequent on social media? I looked up TAR14. This was on their first leg. I’d like to get their reactions seeing this repeated.

I thought I'd seen that dam before.

• Love 1
Just now, Lamb18 said:

I thought I'd seen that dam before.

FTR, they showed a clip from that season. Not like I have a precise memory.

If Sheri is forced to do Roadblocks she wouldn’t normally do, can’t someone figure a way to mute Akbar? Dude, make the jokes after she makes the jump.

• Love 8

I was a little teary when Kim made that jump and then when Penn teared up too, my heart was full for them.  My heart leapt when the first guy jumped off the dam — OMG.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 4

I mean . . . I don't even think watching the bungee jump is terribly interesting. It just seems like the whole point is to wring the emotions out of the racers with all the hysterics and fear. 

• Love 2

I can't decide if I would take my glasses off or leave them on (obviously with some method of keeping them on my head).  It might be better not to be able to see anything, but I might accidentally step off the platform wrong.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Thanks, Akbar, for saying the jump is crazy scary.

I feel for Sheri. I would probably do the bungee jump but I'd be the person holding things up for a half hour. I had trouble with ziplining!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
Just now, MerBearHou said:

I was a little teary when Kim made that jump and then when Penn reared up too, my heart was full for them.  My heart leapt when the first guy jumped off the dam — OMG.  

I'd normally dislike a YouTube team like Kim and Penn but darn it, they really do seem pretty cool.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Browncoat said:

I can't decide if I would take my glasses off or leave them on (obviously with some method of keeping them on my head).  It might be better not to be able to see anything, but I might accidentally step off the platform wrong.  

I'd take mine off as my eyes would be tightly closed anyway.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I'd take mine off as my eyes would be tightly closed anyway.

Ditto. If there’s a bit where I have to see something, I’d duct tape my glasses to my head. I’ll worry about peeling it off at the Pit Stop.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

I can’t see anything without my glasses so I would be handing them to someone for safe keeping because if they fell off during the jump I’d be screwed, of course, my first words after the jump would be “give me my glasses!”

• Love 4

Now why couldn't the guys lock their backpacks in the car? Or did they put the wine in their backpacks? I wasn't looking when they were getting ready.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1