Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E11: End of an Era

• Start Topic

On 1/28/2022 at 1:31 AM, Ria said:

I was sure Chris had said he was type 1 diabetic, which would make it impossible to get off insulin.             

I wish Amy, and Michael, would take seriously Gage’s potential future health if they don’t learn proper diet and nutrition. The whole family is obese and from a young age. I hope Gage can avoid that but a lot depends on Amy and Michael learning proper eating habits. 

My mom is 87 and looks and acts younger than Darlene. I’ve never seen a 60 year old look so old. Unless she’s lying about her age by 20 years. 

I thought Chris said he was Type I too.  I wish they would explain what happened. There’s so much misinformation about diabetes out there. As a Type I diabetic, that bothers me.   You’re right that if he was Type I, he wouldn’t be able to stop taking insulin.  Type ones must take insulin for the rest of their life, unless they get a pancreas transplant or are part of a clinical trial and get a stem cell transplant.  (This last for varying periods of time.) If Chris was taking pills, he likely is a Type II.  Of course, some Type two diabetics do take insulin, when the pills don’t help enough.  They need to clarify what he meant.  I presume he was mistaken when he said he was Type I.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 1/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, Showthyme said:

It doesn't ever occur to these morbidly obese people that they can give their children healthy snacks too.

Waaaaaay back when before Whole Foods was a thing, I made my baby’s food by roasting or steaming vegetables/fruits, oatmeal or cream of rice for breakfast, dried fruits, granola bars for snacks, yogurt, tofu, etc.  Refined sugar couldn’t be found in my house.  her pediatrician encouraged it.  It’s not rocket science.  She didn’t have “junk food” or meat until she was 5.

Today she’s 34, been a vegan for the last 20 years and the only vegetable on the planet she doesn’t like is beets.  She abhors junk food.  It’s been my experience if you feed them junk as a child and they’ll crave junk as adults.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
On 1/29/2022 at 4:46 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm betting if the roaches and mice were that bad at the old house, that Amy carried them with her to the new house.   There is no reason that they took that nasty mattress with them to their new house.    I bet there were a lot of little creatures that went to their new house.       

In older houses, mice are terribly hard to keep out.    They can get through tiny holes, and once they're in your house, they're very hard to get rid of.   

Anyone can get pests, they live here among us- BUT you do have to expend effort controlling it.

I know its much harder if you do not have much money, (exterminator services etc), but there was no excuse for dragging that mattress THROUGH THE DIRT and then bringing it in the new house. I even get the mattress being stained. Mattress covers get stained- people sleep on the mattress, get sick etc etc, but I would never let that be shown on camera. I would've put a clean cover on it before I put it in my new house.

Also there is no excuse for not CLEANING UP after the pests. Anyone can get mice (especially in an old house), but you wipe down the counters and sweep and mop the floors daily if there are droppings. This was not a few droppings in a cupboard that may have been missed, but it looked like MONTHS of just ignoring it. With two adults in the home that are capable of mopping/sweeping I don't get it.

• Love 8

What really grossed me out too was little Gage crawling around on the doctors office floor and even playing with the wheels on his stroller while Amy was talking about a possible baby number 2. 🤮  Both parents right there and there and nobody noticing how disgustingly filthy that is.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Something tells me I won’t make until 10. Lol I’ll just catch On demand later this week, I suppose. 

I record all my shows, and watch from DVR.  I can read the live  chat as I watch, on some of the shows. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2022 at 11:16 PM, Gemma Violet said:

Amy:  Does an airplane go faster than a car?

Michael:  I don't know.

😬

She might have simply been referring to the comparative lengths of time between car travel between Points A and B and travel by aircraft - which involves driving to the airport, check in, security, boarding, deboarding.....y'all get the gist. A trip by car can go faster than a trip by plane, time-wise.

• Love 3
On 1/26/2022 at 2:50 PM, magemaud said:

Michael is a "mill operator" (whatever that is.) Amy's income derives from the show, her You Tube channel, and Cameos on social media. Thank goodness she's not on Only Fans, right? 

Most likely factory work. Honorable, but not high-paying.

• Love 1
On 1/24/2022 at 10:43 PM, Tunia said:

OMG - the ignorance that is Mama...

"This ovulating stuff...that don't mean nothin'.  When the good Lord's ready for you to have it, he'll give it to you."

And we wonder where misinformation comes from.  :-(

Ha ha! When Amy and Tammy met Dr. Procter, they told him that they were raised to believe that drinking a diet soda canceled out whatever bad stuff they ate that day. Don’t know if that came from their mother or grandmother, but that family is surely willfully ignorant.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, charmed1 said:

Ha ha! When Amy and Tammy met Dr. Procter, they told him that they were raised to believe that drinking a diet soda canceled out whatever bad stuff they ate that day. Don’t know if that came from their mother or grandmother, but that family is surely willfully ignorant.

Somebody probably said that as a joke to them one day, (I've heard it as a joke many times) & they didn't realize it was a joke.

• Useful 3
  • Love 7