Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I like the music choice from Peng and Jin. I guess what I'm saying is: trumpets, drums, anything that gets the blood moving. I'd love to see someone pick some 80s metal but I suspect the judges will use that against them so I won't hold my breath.

Lately every soundtrack I listen too has me asking if this would make a good figure skating program. 

• Love 2

I feel like an event that started out so strong for the US and just completely fell apart is way more disappointing and frustrating to watch than if they had just been mediocre all the way through. 

21 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Oh boy, Chock and Bates better bring it. They need to build a 3 point buffer. 

I'm pretty sure they only need two. Even with mistakes, Karen is likely going to beat the skater from China, and I believe the US wins the tiebreak because they've won two events (rhythm dance and men's short) to Japan's one (men's long). 

• Love 2
Just now, Jillibean said:

I feel like an event that started out so strong for the US and just completely fell apart is way more disappointing and frustrating to watch than if they had just been mediocre all the way through. 

I'm pretty sure they only need two. Even with mistakes, Karen is likely going to beat the skater from China, and I believe the US wins the tiebreak because they've won two events (rhythm dance and men's short) to Japan's one (men's long). 

The tiebreak resets after the short programs.

• Love 1
Just now, ouinason said:

I would guess that they spread extra commentary and replays out from the first even to cover the dead space where it was all Zambonis and pop music.

No it was for Mikaela Shiffrin. 

Yes, they just said Japan owns the tiebreak now.  I'm happy for them, but this is pretty depressing for the US team.  Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, yet again.  

Edited by SophiaD
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Yup. USA needs Japan to finish last and to finish second. I expect to give up two points in Women's.

Basically, we need to beat Canada in at least one of the remaining events to reduce point differences with Japan. 

1 minute ago, absnow54 said:

Basically, we need to beat Canada in at least one of the remaining events to reduce point differences with Japan. 

Definitely need to beat them in Dance. That's doable. Not sure about Karen beating anyone except the Chinese girl.

Tanith provides excellent technical information that's helpful in understanding the scores.

That mustache is ....are they doing a Gone with the Wind program at some point?

Why are all these songs shitty? I mean, not just something I don't like, but really shitty? 

5 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Uh oh. We also need China to place above Japan for Ice Dance…

Done.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, BlackberryJam said:

Why are all these songs shitty? I mean, not just something I don't like, but really shitty? 

They keep choosing bad arrangements. I'm sure the good ones haven't been cleared for use but maybe that's a sign that they should choose something else.

• Love 2
Just now, Chaser said:

Just an odd choice. Feels like an expedition piece. Or retirement one… is this their last season?

Yes, this is their last season.  The song choice is reflecting on their eleven seasons together.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

The Russian team managed to get Joe Cocker and the Commodores for their Rhythm Dance. There are better arrangements available. 

I feel like I'm watching cheerleading routine arm movements in the Russian free dance.

Edited by BlackberryJam
  • Love 1