Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E12: What You Don’t Know Can’t Hurt You

DanaK
  • Start Topic

01/19/2022 (08:00PM - 09:00PM) (Wednesday) : Will and Stevie get stuck in the middle of a marital face-off. Dr. Blake's entire surgical team mysteriously collapses during a liver transplant. Charles encourages Ethan to reconcile with his father. 

Well after a run of some pretty good episodes, it was inevitable they'd throw in a clunker.

Crockett gets the MVP, but he should be careful with his relationship with Blake.

I'm betting the pneumonia kid is Dr. Scott's.

No Archer tonight?????

The makeup dept uses too much "jaundice powder or paste" on the liver patients.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I thought the jaundice looked about right when I compare to my memories of my grandpa, who had liver cancer. But that was a few years ago. 

I didn’t hate the episode. Knew the son did the mask poisoning as soon as Crockett figured out what happened. Nice to see Capp from Fire there. 

I too thought that the kid is Dr Scott’s. Figured that was why the hubby really hates him. 

• Love 7
30 minutes ago, mommalib said:

I'm thinking that maybe the kid is Dr. Scott's he doesn't  know but the parents do. Because he's really intense when it comes Dr. Scott.  

I speculated that last week. This week makes me suspect it even more. 
Didn’t feel sorry for the stupid woman who died because of her anti-vaxx beliefs. Møron. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

Didn’t feel sorry for the stupid woman who died because of her anti-vaxx beliefs. Møron. 

Agree, but I felt really bad for the family she left behind.

S.Epatha Merkerson was awesome in the OR!

• Love 7

I don’t understand the new “Compliance doctor” or whatever the hell he is called.  It seems that he is there to restore the hospital’s public image.  What could be better PR? A hospital transplant team is attacked, and they had to let the liver expire without anyone getting it? Or A hospital transplant team being attacked, but they had backup doctors and nurses ready to go to save the liver and recipient?  Why look, even the Head of Patient Services suited up and did an exemplary job. I would think the latter would look better for the hospital.  I am not even sure why the hospital looks bad to the public.  But what do I know?

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
38 minutes ago, ajsnaves said:

I don’t understand the new “Compliance doctor” or whatever the hell he is called.

My take on the “Compliance doctor” is that he was appointed by the Board to harass & interfere in Goodwin's every move. Quite frankly he is an annoying pain in the ass.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, preeya said:

My take on the “Compliance doctor” is that he was appointed by the Board to harass & interfere in Goodwin's every move. Quite frankly he is an annoying pain in the ass.

Isn’t that why they brought in that Gwen Garrett lady who left her kid in a freezing car? What ever happened to her? 

• Love 1

I'm kinda annoyed that Dylan's ex keeps running back to him for help, and he keeps saying, "Come to me for help," when they both know her husband hates Dylan. There are other doctors, and there are other hospitals. Dylan could easily pass her off to another ER doc when she shows up.

• Love 5

Can't wait until Gross Crockett hooks up with the mother of a woman he dated a few times. RME. Then she finds out he stopped dating her cause he was into her mother bascially. You know that thought will cross her mind 

14 hours ago, LittleIggy said:

I speculated that last week. This week makes me suspect it even more. 

See i dont judge someone so harshly cause of being anti vaxx. Especially when you have it being forced on people like no other Vax to my knowledge and from what I've seen and read its killed some folks instead of protecting them. I know in this situation its a fictional character but in real life I've seen relationships destroyed over this and its gross. 

Edited by Josh371982

Kids were given the polio vaccine at school. People were more willing to take vaccines back then, though.

It's too bad the husband went nuclear with getting a lawyer, but I get that he was desperate. Trying to berate his wife into changing her mind was his first mistake. That tactic rarely works.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Broderbits said:

S.Epatha Merkerson was awesome in the OR!

Uh yeah, they want us to believe that Sharon, who's been an admistrator for I think she said, a decade, would have kept up her nursing licence in all those years and would be able to jump right into, not only a surgery but a transplant.  Sure. 

My sister, the nurse, always shakes her head and loses her mind when it comes to medical inconsistencies!!! 

Edited by perkie1968
  • Love 4

So after ignoring the pandemic this whole season and pretending it no longer existed, they now bring it back in the form of the pregnant woman who doesn't want to be vaccinated?  And who if she needs blood, is requesting that the blood she receives comes from an unvaccinated individual?  And then predictably dies? 

Choi walking around his dad's house with his shoes on?  What?  Isn't he Asian?  Seems like they didn't have the greatest of relationships.  I grew up in the snow and remember my parents needing to put on snow tires every season.  But now they have all-weather tires, there's no need to change them.  But yes, just a ruse to get Choi to leave the house.

Crockett and Blake ... this can't end well.

Will and Hammer... probably won't end well either.

I have no respect for the woman who terminated her previous obstetric care because the doctor suggested she get vaccinated.  She placed not just herself, but her child at risk.  It was her choice to refuse a transfusion.  Glad they honored her request.  

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, limecoke said:

I hated this episode. So very predictable and frankly ridiculous. 

I've been hatewatching it for a few years now. I knew it was going to suck when we saw Choi. Nothing good ever comes out of an episode featuring Choi.

I'm still betting it's Scott's kid.

Every time I hear someone say "Dr. Scott" my mind invariably remembers this scene from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. "Janet?" "Dr. Scott?" Janet! Brad! Rocky!

The show is better than previous seasons, but still struggles at times.  I’m trying to envision how a visitor in the ER makes it into a supply closet for an operating room.  Hmmmmm…….

Please let Dr. Choi have a little happiness.  Since April brought him down, he just can’t catch a break.  

I’m glad the show has addressed the issue of adults dealing with senior parents and their care/health/competency, etc,  It’s a very challenging thing that most adult children face eventually with their parents or grandparents.  

• Love 4
On 1/22/2022 at 11:17 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Please let Dr. Choi have a little happiness.  Since April brought him down, he just can’t catch a break.  

In well-written fiction the character has to earn his good moments. He's been a judgmental, condescending prick with the empathy of a komodo dragon for several seasons. The actor is playing him brilliantly and I have no quarrel with that, but the character is a jerk and quite frankly I wouldn't a doctor with his temperament anywhere near me or a family member if we had to visit the emergency department. The ER docs I've enountered have all be warm, caring, compassionate professionals (at least on the outside) and that's what Choi lacks.

If they're going to write a redemption arc for him he needs to get the stick surgically removed from his hindquarters first. 

• Love 2
On 1/20/2022 at 1:14 PM, ajsnaves said:

Isn’t that why they brought in that Gwen Garrett lady who left her kid in a freezing car? What ever happened to her? 

Yes, just thought of her too. Where’d she go?

So, so much jaundice on this show!  It’s crazy.