Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: The Weddings Are Coming! The Weddings Are Coming!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Olejuwan (sp)? Already has one strike against him, wants a wife who cooks and if she doesn’t know how then she isn’t a wife. Oh boy, I already know this marriage won’t work out and they haven’t shown the lucky woman who gets him yet. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 12
Just now, NowVoyager said:

Why can't Mark put his mom in a wheelchair to have her attend the ceremony? He said he didn't want her to feel embarrassed, but I wondered if he was speaking for himself.

It sounded to me like her disabilities are more mental and emotional than physical? For some reason, I also had a feeling she might have an alcohol problem though I don't know why I thought that. It sounded to me like his mother agreed that she couldn't handle being there even thought she would want to be if her health wasn't so precarious.

• Useful 4
  • Love 9

Lindsey's family doesn't seem to like her; I hope she's not one of those people who run roughshod over other people's feelings in the name of "being honest."

Also: I hope Isaac was clear with the show about his priorities. Ask Bao if cooking "gourmet meals" can save a marriage. Then again, the experts ignored Myrla's preferences to create drama, so I'm pretty sure this issue is going to come up again.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

Olejuwan (sp)? Already has one strike against him, wants a wife who cooks and if she doesn’t know how then she isn’t a wife. Oh boy, I already know this marriage won’t work out and they haven’t shown the lucky woman who gets him yet. 

9 minutes ago, Vanderboom said:

Lindsey's family doesn't seem to like her; I hope she's not one of those people who run roughshod over other people's feelings in the name of "being honest."

Also: I hope Isaac was clear with the show about his priorities. Ask Bao if cooking "gourmet meals" can save a marriage. Then again, the experts ignored Myrla's preferences to create drama, so I'm pretty sure this issue is going to come up again.

Olajuwon told the experts he would like a home cooked meal when he came home; he didn't say it like he did to his family, that it was a deal breaker. Katina does cook, but she likes to go out to eat & film it for her social media, too.

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Love 4

Katina is high maintenance, has father issues, probably has trust issues. Nope, not feeling this marriage.

Steve doesn’t have a job, or like his brother says, you’re in between jobs. His family seems to think he’s a loser, ‘probably should get a job’. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Why can't Mark put his mom in a wheelchair to have her attend the ceremony? He said he didn't want her to feel embarrassed, but I wondered if he was speaking for himself.

I didn’t understand that either. I have disabled family members; they come to events. His mother sounded lucid on the phone.

Noi is a woman who wants stability and who has had boyfriends who, I assume, paid for her travel with them, and they paired her with a man with no job. I don’t judge him for being laid off. I’ve been laid off. Anybody can lose a job. And I’d guess he made good money as a software engineer so he probably has savings that funded his road trip. But how long is he going to be unemployed? I can’t imagine applying for a show to get married with no job. 

• Love 11

Why do the relatives and friends act so surprised when the "contestant" announces they're getting married at first sight?  Why do they think there's a camera?  So fake. 

ETA:  I'm so hardened and cynical after 14 seasons of this show, I don't even know why I asked the question, lol. 

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 1
  • LOL 14
  • Love 3
(edited)

Alyssa seems nice. Lindsey with an E seems drunk or something. I’m not getting good vibes about any of these couples yet, hope we don’t have another five failures season again. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, bref said:

Did Cal just say they're only showing ONE wedding tonight? Ugh.

This show would have my love and devotion if they didn't string it out to such ridiculous lengths.  There are many, many, many wasted hours where no progress at all is made by any of the couples.

1 hour ago, MyTwoCents said:

Mark sounds so sweet! I hope Lindsey likes him 🤞

Mark's a big walking red flag to me. cynical me.  He was all in for being "married at first sight" four years ago and now he's thrilled to get a second chance at being one of the Boston grooms.   You've been in the marrying mood for four years, Mark?  Were you in suspended animation while you waited for the team to come back and marry you to a stranger?  Something wrong with this picture.

Lindsey's story seems more realistic--"I was dumped five days from the altar.  Not going through that again.  Hook me up. show."

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 14

I liked the first dress Lindsay tried on. I thought it was tasteful, pretty and flattered her figure.

Lindsay just won the asshole award from me, saying she would kick a small dog. Really? 

I didn't hear it that way. She said she would "Bigfoot a small dog" which I took to mean that she was clumsy and would be constantly tripping over it.

Yeah - Mark. Go with the OG black tux. I liked the navy one too but not with the yellow tie.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I started late and I'm off the timeline everyone else is on, but I just have to say:

Stevie, if I met you at the altar on our wedding day, I would indeed like you to say you had a job.

ETA:  Now that I've seen the segment about Noi, I rescind my observation about Stevie's job, or lack thereof.  Noi seems like a person who wouldn't necessarily faint if her stranger danger husband isn't a nine-to-fiver.   Fingers crossed for these two.

Edited by candall
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, PupCal said:

Odds on Mark the Shark having given himself that nickname? (I can't get over his terrifying crazy blue eyes.)

There was the relationship coach from Australia on 90 Day Fiance that had those eyes and viewers said he needed to check his thyroid. He did and it was an issue that he addressed. I wouldn't have known but he thanked the viewers for giving him the heads up on one of the follow-up shows.

• Useful 8
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

Jasmina's mom looks like her older sister. 

Is she the stepmom because bio mom walked out on her toddler daughters?

Michael wears that maroon tux well!

I don't love Jasmina's whole dress but the sleeves are beautiful and I think she is gorgeous. She could wear a sack and would look great.

• Love 5

Not a fan of the burgundy tux. Mark the Shark looked so much more handsome in classic black. A suit in a loud color should be tailored immaculately, not a rental. And what if it clashes with the wedding colors?

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, NowVoyager said:

Not a fan of the burgundy tux. Mark the Shark looked so much more handsome in classic black. A suit in a loud color should be tailored immaculately, not a rental. And what if it clashes with the wedding colors?

I can't imagine that Santa tux looking good on anyone...

• LOL 4
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I liked the first dress Lindsay tried on. I thought it was tasteful, pretty and flattered her figure.

I didn't hear it that way. She said she would "Bigfoot a small dog" which I took to mean that she was clumsy and would be constantly tripping over it.

Yeah - Mark. Go with the OG black tux. I liked the navy one too but not with the yellow tie.

Ok, my bad, I took it as Bigfoot meant kicking or stepping on a little dog. 
Why are there half naked dancers at the mens party and the women have drag queens? Where are the sexy male dancers? 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, spunky said:

The guy with 5 million tattoos already has me side eyeing him.

He really doesn’t look like he’s ready to settle down and marry. He doesn’t want a wife. He wants a cook, a maid and steady sex when he can’t get it elsewhere. 

• Love 16

Oh Lordy, Olajuwon is a dirty dog. I would walk after seeing him go so far as to touch the stripper. Can’t wait to watch through my fingers when Katina sees it. 
oh gross, now Mark is getting some washed up stripper action. 

• Like 1
  • Love 9

Oh dear.  The #4 man appears to be unfamiliar with the word and the concept of "compromise."  And all those sisters doting on him?  Yikes.  Run, #4 woman!

The #5 man sounds like he's put in quite of bit of time in self-assessment.  He knows he puts too much stock in a woman's looks.  He appreciates the camaraderie element of a relationship.  It's sweet that he speaks wistfully of wanting someone "at the top of his contact list" to share all the good stuff.

#5 woman.  Yeowch, the vocal fry.  : (

• Love 6

I wish Lindsey-with-an-e could have had someone better than Mark the Shark.  I like her.  And him, not so much.

But it's possible I'll be eating those words by Episode Three. 

######### 

ETA:  Uh oh.  If she keeps going on about penis size, it'll be a lot sooner than Episode Three.

Edited by candall
Spoke too soon!
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

So, I guess Lyndsey is this season's Virginia based on how much she seems to like to get plastered. Unless it's just a producer edit.

Jasmina stated she can't wait to cook for her husband. Hmmm, perhaps they should've matched her up with Olajuwon instead of Katina?

Speaking of Katina, her demeanor is enormously different from Olajuwon! He's an outgoing, life of the party type of guy (also, he doesn't appear to be ready for a monogamous relationship nor a marriage, either). He stated he wants to take his wife to the strip club & have her slap strippers on their behinds. Meanwhile, Katina said she doesn't use sex toys and isn't freaky AT ALL! Katina (also Alyssa) seems like the type of woman that is either a drill sergeant during sex (move to the left, now stop right there, don't move) or she's the quiet type that acts really shy, only wants to have sex with the lights off and/or is not sexually adventurous & prefers to have sex in the missionary position where the man does all the work. Just some observations that I made based on her behavior & what she's said so far this episode. I'm hoping I'm wrong because Ex-Playboy Olajuwon will be turned all the way off if any of what I suspect is true about her & he'll be ready to run for the hills in 0-60 seconds.

Lyndsey must've had a lot of guys in the past with small penises because nearly every segment she's in tonight, she keeps repeating that it's something she doesn't want her new husband to have.

Edited by Lacy4u
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2