Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

I'm happy for them to limit girls to 5 years.  I like to see different ladies get to move up the formation and to be point, group leader, etc.  Sydney and Jenna were so young that their whole adult life was DCC for those years.  There is so much else in the world.  If they are a great DCC, let them be an ALL STAR.  

This year if Gina came back, she would be point, group leader, etc.  Gina was a second leader her third year and had two years as leader.  Nice that someone else gets to do that.  I'm even happy some of the All-stars had babies and we get to see new all stars.  

And honestly there is more to life than DCC.  Taylor put on instagram she is enjoying having free time.  

• Love 15
19 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Not exactly breaking news or really even new, but it has now been confirmed that all cheerleaders are capped at five years. This rule apparently made last season.  

No more six years, seven years, etc. 

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

You know the reason why it's because the rookie classes are getting smaller. Everyone wants to stay on the team for 3+ years. That's what happens when you pick younger girls to be on the team. Gone are the days where girls decide to retire after 1 to 2 years of being on the team.  

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 2
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:
33 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

You know the reason why it's because the rookie classes are getting smaller. Everyone wants to stay on the team for 3+ years. That's what happens when you pick younger girls to be on the team. Gone are the days where girls decide to retire after 1 to 2 years of being on the team.  

Brennan warned them. 

• Applause 4
On 8/4/2022 at 3:19 PM, MaryWebGirl said:

Ok, I want to hear the tea about the DCC weddings. 

Lacey decided to go ahead with her wedding during the pandemic because she had a magazine spread deal and apparently didn’t understand why people were saying they couldn’t go. 

• Useful 11
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

It wasn't until the covid year that they became really top heavy with more and more vets trying for year 4 and 5.  Perhaps TPTB are sensing this trend will continue with the upcoming 2nd and 3rd years -  out of this group they have only lost Sydney, Alora Rose, and Amber L. with the potential of Amber L. trying to return.  

If they really wanted to clean house though they would cap the team at 4 years, not 5. The five year rule will hardly change a thing, and it could potentially have the opposite effect and incentivize some DCC to want go for the brass ring and complete the whole 5 years.

Is it just me or do you feel like TPTB would gladly go back to the days where vets were more likely to retire after 1-2 years. It allows them more room to recruit top talent while dancing around the idea of vet cuts that would make room for the fresh faced rookies. There are probably at least 4 or 5 DCC right now that I am sure they wouldn't mind an early retirement.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Love 4
38 minutes ago, StellaCL said:
38 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

It wasn't until the covid year that they became really top heavy with more and more vets trying for year 4 and 5.  Perhaps TPTB are sensing this trend will continue with the upcoming 2nd and 3rd years -  out of this group they have only lost Sydney, Alora Rose, and Amber L. with the potential of Amber L. trying to return.  

If they really wanted to clean house though they would cap the team at 4 years, not 5. The five year rule will hardly change a thing, and it could potentially have the opposite effect and incentivize some DCC to want go for the brass ring and complete the whole 5 years.

Is it just me or do you feel like TPTB would gladly go back to the days where vets were more likely to retire after 1-2 years. It allows them more room to recruit top talent while dancing around the idea of vet cuts that would make room for the fresh faced rookies. There are probably at least 4 or 5 DCC right now that I am sure they wouldn't mind an early retirement.

Agreed. That’s my theory 🧠

• Like 1
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I think some girls go to 5 years just to get that 5 year ring which would have to change  to 4 years if they did that. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I think some girls go to 5 years just to get that 5 year ring which would have to change  to 4 years if they did that. 

There's a 5 year ring in addition to the rookie pinkie ring?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Opine said:

Or maybe a way to clear the path for the VK point day!

And once VK makes point, etc., Kelli’s work will be done.  She can retire.  The kalinas will guilt her into staying as long as VK is on the team.  Of course the 5 year limit will likely be lifted by the time VK gets to that point!

how is VK holding up?  She has looked amazing!  But can she keep it up?

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I wasn't sure if it was a ring or something else. Don't GLs get something too?

GLs get a pinky band with a diamond to stack on top of their DCC ring, I believe.

This 5 year rule is interesting. I see the logic for it, and I also see why some are asking what it would change, if much of anything. It could impact the tenure of the 5th years--I could see a couple who might have gone for a 6th year. I will be sad when they retire, because that was one of my favorite rookie classes on the show. So many strong performers, and they seem so tight still. Ashlee, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Jaylyn, Alanna, Gabby, Amber, Rachel W, Erin, Daphne--and VK didn't make it. I love seeing this rookie class senior leadership in the spotlight this year. I'd love it more if there were a show or docu-series to watch...Keeping my fingers crossed. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

GLs get a pinky band with a diamond to stack on top of their DCC ring, I believe.

This 5 year rule is interesting. I see the logic for it, and I also see why some are asking what it would change, if much of anything. It could impact the tenure of the 5th years--I could see a couple who might have gone for a 6th year. I will be sad when they retire, because that was one of my favorite rookie classes on the show. So many strong performers, and they seem so tight still. Ashlee, Bridget, Caroline, Cianna, Jaylyn, Alanna, Gabby, Amber, Rachel W, Erin, Daphne--and VK didn't make it. I love seeing this rookie class senior leadership in the spotlight this year. I'd love it more if there were a show or docu-series to watch...Keeping my fingers crossed. 

I know for a fact they have had camera crews filming with them at the Star since the start of training camp. I don’t know in what capacity but I know they are filming more than just DCC in motion

• Useful 7
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, TVaddict2355 said:

I know for a fact they have had camera crews filming with them at the Star since the start of training camp. I don’t know in what capacity but I know they are filming more than just DCC in motion

You can see a camera in the audition photos...

23 Christina - Copy.jpg

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

Pinky ring, 5 year pendant and Leader ring.

5 year necklace.jpg

OMG…definitely having a senior moment here…

When y’all said ‘pendant’, my brain immediately pictured a Pennant 🚩 🤦🏻‍♂️ For the last day or so, I’m thinking, *why are these ladies staying five years for that?!?!😶🌫️🤯

🫣🤭🙄🫠🫥

Edited by bernie2018
  • LOL 20
On 8/6/2022 at 3:08 PM, Lexusprincess said:

I'm happy for them to limit girls to 5 years.  I like to see different ladies get to move up the formation and to be point, group leader, etc.  Sydney and Jenna were so young that their whole adult life was DCC for those years.  There is so much else in the world.  If they are a great DCC, let them be an ALL STAR.  

This year if Gina came back, she would be point, group leader, etc.  Gina was a second leader her third year and had two years as leader.  Nice that someone else gets to do that.  I'm even happy some of the All-stars had babies and we get to see new all stars.  

And honestly there is more to life than DCC.  Taylor put on instagram she is enjoying having free time.  

I was thinking I didn't mind anyone going for more than five years, but that's such a great point.  They can do five years, check all the boxes, then be an All Star if they still have more to give.  That said, All Star is 1000% appearance driven so not as much opportunity to dance and perform I don't think.  And for so many, the dancing would be the best part. I don't think All Stars go to to the rehearsals and Technique Tuesdays (whatever that's called) like the others.  Tho surely they must practice sometimes since they do dance sometimes, right?

• Like 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I was thinking I didn't mind anyone going for more than five years, but that's such a great point.  They can do five years, check all the boxes, then be an All Star if they still have more to give.  That said, All Star is 1000% appearance driven so not as much opportunity to dance and perform I don't think.  And for so many, the dancing would be the best part. I don't think All Stars go to to the rehearsals and Technique Tuesdays (whatever that's called) like the others.  Tho surely they must practice sometimes since they do dance sometimes, right?

From what I recall, the All Stars do shows that the "regular" DCC can't attend for whatever reason. As you said, there are promotional appearances where they might not dance. They are also there to fill in if a DCC is sick or injured, like Jinelle did after she became an All Star. 

I'm sure they must have practices, but I don't know if that is with the other DCC or as a separate practice. I'm sure someone here can tell us.

• Love 3

Well, the team has been locked in as the DCC Instagram account shows the locker room reveal. At least two comeback girls made it which makes me happy. Not sure of all the names but that info can’t be far behind this very vague note by me 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
Just now, RileyJDR said:

Well, the team has been locked in as the DCC Instagram account shows the locker room reveal. At least two comeback girls made it which makes me happy. Not sure of all the names but that info can’t be far behind this very vague note by me 🤣

EA18E329-7E24-479D-9B59-FC90E4B9C7BB.jpeg

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

So I’m late to the party I came back like 2 weeks ago and have been catching up on all the candidates etc. But it wasn’t until the announcement came out and I saw some comments that I realized that rookie Sophy is tied to Ross Lynch, who was on some Disney channel show and is in a band. She was the Maid of Honor at his sisters wedding. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChA-pl2L_xd/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

I am desperate for a show, and will ravenously watch anything that gets posted, but the bad background music and the reusing of the high neck pink-blue uniforms (last seen in 2019 maybe?) kinda put the nail in the coffin for the hopefuls out there that they were going to surprise fans with anything, like an alternate show. I think the best we can hope for is video clips by their own DC production occasionally relased on social media.

inside out disney GIF

Edited by StellaCL
  • Sad 2
  • Love 3

I enjoyed the locker room reveal. 

The rookies sheer joy was palpable after all their hard work.  I may not know them, but it's hard not to feel happy for them knowing how hard & long the process is!  WTG ROOKS!!! 😊

• Like 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

I enjoyed the locker room reveal. 

The rookies sheer joy was palpable after all their hard work.  I may not know them, but it's hard not to feel happy for them knowing how hard & long the process is!  WTG ROOKS!!! 😊

Is it too much to ask for things in correct order though..? Why not do a squad reveal first so we can meet the girls who made the team and then post the locker room reveal next..??!! Am I being unreasonable? Haha 

3 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is that after her 10th year as a DCC, she'll become part of management, unless Kelli is retired by then.   

Mmmm am I the only one who thinks the 5 year rule could have been introduced to make sure Victoria only does 5 and no more. I still think Kelli is over her.. 

Edited by JayDKay
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
30 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

This is the first time that I felt nothing with the locker room reveal.  I have watched since the 2 hour pilot but now…I know nothing about the girls in pink.  It is so sad.

I totally agree. I don't think people realize that this was something I looked forward to every year for 17 years (if you include 2005 2 hr special). I still don't understand why they would stop something that was a big hit. At least let it go for 20 years.  I love being able to learn about the rookies and then watch them on the field. 

• Like 3
  • Love 7

They should've showed us all the audition videos like they did the past two years.

The submitted solos they filmed at home that were posted on their Instagram page.

Edited by Kamal
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, JayDKay said:

Is it too much to ask for things in correct order though..? Why not do a squad reveal first so we can meet the girls who made the team and then post the locker room reveal next..??!! Am I being unreasonable? Haha 

I thought that was bizarre as well. It's a weird teaser amid a weird year -- first the buckles, now the locker room. I know Kelli has a marketing background, but doesn't the DCC have a separate marketing director?

• Love 6
On 8/6/2022 at 9:08 PM, Lexusprincess said:

This rule actually makes me sad. I'm a big Gina fan. She had the dance taken away from her when she tore her ACL, made a great comeback then couldn't dance on the field during 2020. She finally got her recognition as point last season and did a great job. Her retirement announcement was very late which makes me think it wasn't her decision. If that is true then I think it was shoddy treatment and may be a factor in her deciding to sell up and return to Cal.

Also it is sad for any furure 5th Year who hasn't yet achieved their target. They will know their chance has gone. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Am still checking with sources, but it seems that point is indeed Caroline with Kelcey. Ashlee will complete the triangle. 

EDIT: Just want to note there’s nothing really official yet, but there are many signs pointing to this being the truth. Take it as you want. 

Edited by LunaValerion
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, PomPomPom said:

This rule actually makes me sad. I'm a big Gina fan. She had the dance taken away from her when she tore her ACL, made a great comeback then couldn't dance on the field during 2020. She finally got her recognition as point last season and did a great job. Her retirement announcement was very late which makes me think it wasn't her decision. If that is true then I think it was shoddy treatment and may be a factor in her deciding to sell up and return to Cal.

Also it is sad for any furure 5th Year who hasn't yet achieved their target. They will know their chance has gone. 

Or maybe she wanted out because VK was coming back!  Are her teammates happy VK, the golden girl, is back?  

39 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I am not the biggest fan of Victoria, but the incessant online harassment posts of her have gotten really, really old. 

Lmao I was just thinking this. That narrative is soooo tired. *yawn*

Edited by DCC93
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I am not the biggest fan of Victoria, but the incessant online harassment posts of her have gotten really, really old. 

I've barely said a thing about Vic in forever.  I try to ignore her.  But people are free to like or dislike whoever they want.  Maybe it's because Vic has done things during her tenure that didn't sit right with people.  Anything she did, she brought on to herself.   Some folks don't like lying or stealing or special treatment and that's okay.  🤷‍♀️ 

• Applause 2
  • Love 18
43 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I have to agree with you. I've seen a number of posts on different subjects recently that have all been turned into discussions about her. I'd much rather discuss the new rookies and the rest of the team.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Incessant online discussion on forums for the DCC????  Hmmm, that is weird.

• Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 5
51 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I've barely said a thing about Vic in forever.  I try to ignore her.  But people are free to like or dislike whoever they want.  Maybe it's because Vic has done things during her tenure that didn't sit right with people.  Anything she did, she brought on to herself.   Some folks don't like lying or stealing or special treatment and that's okay.  🤷‍♀️ 

I appreciate the discourse and different opinions we all bring to the discussion. I certainly have my opinions and don't think less of you @go4luca if you have a different one.

My comment was more for the specific posts and online behaviors (i.e. creating new screen names) that are designed only to troll and attack Victoria. I see it here once in awhile. I see it on Reddit too. It's trollish, it's bullying, and it is so so tired.

19 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Incessant online discussion on forums for the DCC????  Hmmm, that is weird.

Incessant harrassment. Different thing. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, WeLostATeammate said:

I'm so sick of hearing about how Ashlee was robbed.

When I saw her crying in the locker room, I thought maybe she was the surprise point or second point.  Anyway, many girls are deserving.  I do think Ashlee would shine if she was front and center, but let's see what Caroline and Kelcey bring.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Weeklydcc said:

When I saw her crying in the locker room, I thought maybe she was the surprise point or second point.  Anyway, many girls are deserving.  I do think Ashlee would shine if she was front and center, but let's see what Caroline and Kelcey bring.

As someone shared on Reddit, I'm hoping Ashlee and Jaylyn get the points for the Litehouse performances.

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, WeLostATeammate said:

I'm so sick of hearing about how Ashlee was robbed.

Honestly, this. We all have our favorites and those we think *deserve* point, GL, PB, etc but I can’t remember another time where people were so insistent on their reasoning for why someone didn’t get something. I like Ashlee fine enough but she’s not heads and shoulders above the other options 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Stephieg84 said:

I like Ashlee fine enough but she’s not heads and shoulders above the other options 🤷🏻‍♀️

And other people think differently, so other people can express that as well lmao

Also, I wanted a non-white point for the first time since god knows when, so yeah...my bad

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 17