The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, souR77 said:

someone on reddit just posted the performances

tick tick boom performance

Thunderstruck 

“Dallas cOwBoY Cheerleaders!”

Whenever I hear someone drop the s off of Cowboys in DCC I think of that one panel interview where a girl got roasted because “there’s not just one cowboy” (not sure if that’s the actual quote but something to that effect 😂)

Also side note- Jenn A choreographed the new dance right? I feel like I remember seeing some of that choreo on her IG! That would be cool to learn in class and then all of a sudden know like half of one of the DCC routines for this season

Edited by ...And5678
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, Bellisima08 said:

As for VK, she did seem to have kept extra weight off when she came back for her 1st season as a vet, but that was during covid when they were at the hotel and she didn't really get a lot of attention. I'm sure that before the show was canceled, there was a plan for VK's big welcome back story and honestly I'm rather glad we won't be subjected to it. I actually find it quite funny that, rather then being one of the show's shining stars where we see extra scenes of her being a mentor to a rookie as a boot buddy/roomie, being named a GL or watching guest choreographers put her front and center for their dances, all of her seasons have been marred by various issues, dramas or outside forces.

For example: 1st rookie year: weight gain and entitled attitude got her kicked out of TC. 2nd rookie year: clear preferential treatment ahead of others, bumped Jalyn out of show group which didn't get her a lot of fans. 1st vet year: covid (barely any focus on her). 2nd vet year: she took a break for what ever reason. This year: no more TV show. Back when VK started this journey, I bet her and her mother were primed for her to get a lot of exposure on the show and really it hasn't been that way at all. It's almost karmic when you think about it. While part of me will miss the show, I won't miss VK's comeback story.

I agree.

• Love 2

Caroline is safe and dependable at point but a bit bland. I looooove Kelcey but she looks down quite a bit when she dances.

My eyes were drawn to the left side with Ashlee, Chandi, Claire, Tyra and Marissa in the back. Thunder is so dull to me now but Ashlee gives it something extra. She deserves to be point over Caroline for me.

I quite like the new dance and seeing Claire front and centre in parts.

I'm surprised McKenzie is further forward than Claire in the triangle though.

Kelee's kicks look a little low but I can forgive her because she's the cutest!

• Love 13

Someone plz help me fill in formation 1:

Kelcey

Caroline           Chandi

KD               Claire             Ashlee

X              Armani              Tori                Jalyn

X                 Kat                  X                Marissa           Tyra

Dani                                                           Kelee

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Kelcey

I don't think anyone is in the middle but I believe it's McKenzie (next to Armani) and Darian (next to Kat)

5 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Kelcey

These are from reddit 

60B953AA-0E4F-4EF6-973D-A2D681573386.jpeg

71D84F19-D27C-4E88-9B5D-C5E6167B8C6D.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm so disappointed......I was REALLY hoping to see Ashlee at point 😪  Caroline is great.... but Ashlee has that extra pop.  Maybe they'll change it up during the season......fingers crossed.

Kelcee looks good though. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Sorry, not sorry, glad the favoritism they were showing Victoria is gone and she is not at Oxnard.  I think the incoming year 3, 4 & 5 vets probably make her out-of- control at times dancing more obvious.  Maybe now she can prove herself…

Please don’t take this as negative, I don’t dislike her, just want to see if she can smooth out her rough edges.  Sometimes her big dancing is a little too big.

Love the new song 🎶 

Is the favoritism really gone?  What has it been like between TPTB and VK?  How about between VK and the rest of the team?  Any predictions on which group she’ll be in with which group leader?  Where are we thinking she will end up in the formations?  Jalyn already seems to be kept in the back!  Why?

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Blue hues said:

Is the favoritism really gone?  What has it been like between TPTB and VK?  How about between VK and the rest of the team?  Any predictions on which group she’ll be in with which group leader?  Where are we thinking she will end up in the formations?  Jalyn already seems to be kept in the back!  Why?

I don’t think the favoritism is gone I think she didn’t get sent on this bc people would probably ask to many questions on why she took off for a year 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So the user on Reddit who posted the video said that Caroline was the solo point for Thunder.  The formation with Kelcey at point is for Tick Tick Boom from what I understood. 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Useful 3

I wonder if they are still figuring out who point should be, otherwise Caroline would be point for both performances right? 

No need to have Kelsey be point of it’s already determined it’s Caroline’s spot. However i think it would be nice if Show group had different points so more girls get a chance to shine. Being point for Thunder is a big deal but other girls (like group leaders) could be point for other performances. 

PS: I think this is the first time in a while no blondes have been in the triangle or diamond so yay for the brunettes! 😂

• Love 13

Chandi is my favorite in both of these - she can be sharp and precise but still flirty and have the BIGGEST smile.  She looks like she's having a blast!!  I might be a year early but Chandi for point!!

• Like 1
  • Love 16
On 7/24/2022 at 5:44 PM, Blue hues said:

Even if it were a rule, I’m sure it wouldn’t be enforced by the time VK guests to that point!  

any updates how she is doing in camp?  Has show group been announced?  Is VK fitting in well and with whom?  Isn’t most of her rookie class gone?  

Do we still not know why she took a year off?

2 hours ago, Blue hues said:

Honestly just meant she didn’t get to go to Oxnard just because she is Victoria and she is back… If this was two years ago and no COVID she would most likely have been there.  I don’t think it’s completely gone either, I might be blonde but not that blonde 😉 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, souR77 said:

Thunderstruck 

If they don’t keep Kelcey and Claire up there…I may riot..

edit: I’d love Caroline or Ashlee as point too. Jayln and Chandi are doing amazing too, as always.

Edited by Erinbridget
I didn’t watch the other video until after I posted lol
  • Love 6
On 7/27/2022 at 4:31 PM, PomPomPom said:

I understand it is the 2021 showgroup less those showgroup members that retired at the end of last season (Gina, Lexie, etc.) and plus Dani and Kellee making a total of 16. So including Kat. There are only eight or nine visible in that photo.

Is is normally the show group from the year before that goes to CA? Who is /was point?

Since they fly commercial - wonder if they at least get an upgrade😁

• Love 1

So I am trying to find those TikTok videos of VK dancing…have they already been taken down? Anything new or different? 

Also, does anyone know if Taylor P. made the AZ Cardinal’s Cheer team? I looked, but it only showed ten women on their announcement webpage (I know they have more then that…)

How’s everyone been?

4 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

So I am trying to find those TikTok videos of VK dancing…have they already been taken down? Anything new or different? 

Also, does anyone know if Taylor P. made the AZ Cardinal’s Cheer team? I looked, but it only showed ten women on their announcement webpage (I know they have more then that…)

How’s everyone been?

No Taylor p didn’t make cardinals she was cut at finals :(

• Sad 6
2 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

I’m drinking a little wine right now, so I’m getting a little emotional. But I’m watching a past season of the show right now and it just hit me how sad I am that it’s not going to be on anymore. The show always aired in September, which is the hardest time for me. My father and uncle were firefighters on 9/11 and they passed. I never realized how much of a (as stupid as this sounds) “happy place” this show was for me until I started rewatching right now. Whenever I would get upset around that time, I would put it on and feel like I was escaping from it all because it was something that made me smile and got my mind off of things. I’m 25 now and I started watching when I was 17 when my high school cheer coach told me I looked like Chelsea lol. I literally only put it on to see what she meant, but ever since I became obsessed with the show. So as embarrassing and sappy as the post is..I wanted to write it in case there’s anyone else out there who feels like the show helped them get through things. Please know that my inbox is always open if anyone ever wants to talk about anything! I know we’re all heartbroken the show isn’t going to be on anymore, but just know, we’re all here for each other. ❤️

Sending a virtual hug. 🤗 . prayers to your family.🙏

Your story just reinforces that the show is more than an NFL dance team. I am praying it comes back on another channel or platform- kinda what the Kardashian did.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, sATL said:

Sending a virtual hug. 🤗 . prayers to your family.🙏

Your story just reinforces that the show is more than an NFL dance team. I am praying it comes back on another channel or platform- kinda what the Kardashian did.

Thank you so much! 🥰

I never realized until now how much it actually helped me. I really, truly, hope they bring the show back in some way so that people could have it for that reason. 

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, sATL said:

Is is normally the show group from the year before that goes to CA? Who is /was point?

Since they fly commercial - wonder if they at least get an upgrade😁

As far as I know it is usually the current not the new showgroup that goes to Oxnard. I don't even know if the new showgroup has been selected yet. However, what you are seeing is last year's SG minus those like Lexie and Gina who retired and plus Dani and Kellee. Gina and Rachel shared point last season and both have retired. Both were on SG. In a four SG members retired. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Monique said:

No hate on Caroline or Kelsey but I really wanted Ashlee at point. She’s got the pop and I think a good successor to Gina. 

Happy to see Chandi in the triangle for at least one dance 

I feel like Caroline looks like their mom bc the team seems to have gotten soooo young. If they’re going to have her at point can they please send her to a different salon for a more age appropriate non East Texas cut/color. The hair as it is does her dirty…

• Love 6
(edited)
10 hours ago, souR77 said:

Thunderstruck 

Guys... The DCC are unreal, technique wise. They are all SO strong and powerful. The talent really is wild. I can't keep my eyes off of Kelcey and Claire. I can't wait to see the team get better and better.

I also noticed they changed the choreo at 1:53 in Thunderstruck before their little scooting move. 

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 13
28 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I feel like Caroline looks like their mom bc the team seems to have gotten soooo young. If they’re going to have her at point can they please send her to a different salon for a more age appropriate non East Texas cut/color. The hair as it is does her dirty…

I agree, Caroline needs a hair style that works with her hair type, and her age.   I wonder if she has very thick hair?   That can be very hard to work with. 

Tangerine isn't innovative.   Look at how all of the blondes are the same shade, depending on what's trendy this year.   I think one factor is that I bet a lot of the applicants go to Tangerine for a pre-tryout makeover, so they have the look according to what Kelli likes, and that won't get changed. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I think we should know by now that the girls who retired that were on show group wouldn't go to Oxnard with the current girls. Lol sorry. 

Anyway I thought they always did take the new show group members with them, not just the ones from the previous year. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I agree, Caroline needs a hair style that works with her hair type, and her age.   I wonder if she has very thick hair?   That can be very hard to work with. 

Tangerine isn't innovative.   Look at how all of the blondes are the same shade, depending on what's trendy this year.   I think one factor is that I bet a lot of the applicants go to Tangerine for a pre-tryout makeover, so they have the look according to what Kelli likes, and that won't get changed. 

Nothing was worse than that only-blonde-at-the-top-of-her-head hair with brunette on the bottom in 2019. I need to know why K&J didn't immediately call the hair police. She's way too pretty to have such outdated hair lol.

Screen Shot 2022-07-29 at 6.36.56 PM.png

Edited by DCC93
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Bangs, layers, pink and blue shading with glitter, Mohawk. Something  needs to happen with Caroline’s hair. Because that is not point hair. It’s bland, boring, and has annoyed me for 5 years.

Kelli hasn’t asked me, but Ashlee or Chandi for point please.
And thanks for the videos and spoilers. Quarantined because I finally caught Covid, so I’m bored. 😷

• Hugs 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
14 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm sure it's pricy , but can everyday people get an DCC-look makeover ? 

Please forgive me for saying this - but VK's mom's hair on the older seasons...😦 I wish she would book time at a professional top rated stylist.. something needs attention. Does Judy go there ? her hair always look perfectly done,.

Edited by sATL
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, MC123 said:

Can anyone help me identify the following TTC's from the final photos? So hard to distinguish some of the blondes and brunettes! 

Ariana
Ashlea
Eden
Kali
Karley
Kayla G
Kayla H
Sophy
Taylor

https://dallascowboyscheerleaders.com/media/photos/final-auditions-2022/

2029270412_Picorder1.thumb.jpg.c14845cca01af8019c2bf198feb7b176.jpg

Here are all of the pics in order (bottom right corner when pic is enlarged.)  I also included their audition numbers so you can find them in the kickline photos.  I used bold print for the ones you specifically asked for.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, souR77 said:

So they performed the Prince number and I think Caroline was point for their triangle there at the Training Camp Back Together event. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CgpTcx_JYDh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Right after the "X" formation, Caroline went to the wrong yard line (the 50.)  She realized it and moved over to the right (our perspective) just before they started the next dance step.  Tori had to adjust her spacing after Caroline moved over.

• Mind Blown 3
50 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

Right after the "X" formation, Caroline went to the wrong yard line (the 50.)  She realized it and moved over to the right (our perspective) just before they started the next dance step.  Tori had to adjust her spacing after Caroline moved over.

Leadership!!!   No, just kidding.😂

• LOL 4
(edited)
On 7/29/2022 at 1:41 PM, heckkitty said:

God Ashlee is fun to watch. 

On 7/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, Stee said:

Chandi is my favorite in both of these - she can be sharp and precise but still flirty and have the BIGGEST smile.  She looks like she's having a blast!!  I might be a year early but Chandi for point!!

Ashlee is captivating to watch! I'm still feeling hopeful we'll get to see Ashlee at point some this season. I'd also be all about Chandi as a future point! And I think she has a great chance. She made a big leap into the triangle last year, is featuring prominently and shining so far this year, and I recall both Kelli and Charlotte talking about how much they loved Chandi when she was still a TCC. She has grown and improved every year, and now she's a 2GL. I see GL and point as within her reach and I am here for it! Kelli and Judy may have paired Chandi with Caroline this year with those very things in mind.

I am pumped for Caroline, love having Ashlee, Caroline, and Kelcey in a triangle together, and am a little sad for Ashley and Kelcey. I am confident they also will get their spotlights this year, tho!

On 7/29/2022 at 6:06 PM, Erinbridget said:

I’m drinking a little wine right now, so I’m getting a little emotional. But I’m watching a past season of the show right now and it just hit me how sad I am that it’s not going to be on anymore. The show always aired in September, which is the hardest time for me. My father and uncle were firefighters on 9/11 and they passed. I never realized how much of a (as stupid as this sounds) “happy place” this show was for me until I started rewatching right now. Whenever I would get upset around that time, I would put it on and feel like I was escaping from it all because it was something that made me smile and got my mind off of things. I’m 25 now and I started watching when I was 17 when my high school cheer coach told me I looked like Chelsea lol. I literally only put it on to see what she meant, but ever since I became obsessed with the show. So as embarrassing and sappy as the post is..I wanted to write it in case there’s anyone else out there who feels like the show helped them get through things. Please know that my inbox is always open if anyone ever wants to talk about anything! I know we’re all heartbroken the show isn’t going to be on anymore, but just know, we’re all here for each other. ❤️

Sending hugs to you and all who are grieving in different ways through different losses. It's not dumb or silly at all that you feel this way! Especially at this time of year as September is approaching. Many people have those shows or movies that help relieve or distract and enjoy in tough times.  The need to escape is very human, and we've all been needing that these past few wild and tragic years. Also, cheerleaders literally are supposed to cheer us up and on, not just in the victories but especially in losses or intense moments. So, it's not silly that folks are feeling the loss of the show with more pangs than we expected. I started watching during season 3, when I moved to a new city where I basically knew no one. I thought I'd distract myself chuckling about the big hair at prelims and here I am, 13 years later, also feeling unexpectedly at a loss that MTT has ended and glad to have this forum space to still engage it and the community here. 

I'm still holding out hope, though, for a new show or documentary. I just need them to hurry up so I can see some of my faves shine as leaders and in the triangle this year, please!

Re: Oxnard videos and finals photos: These dancers are looking fantastic! 

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 9
On 7/29/2022 at 5:06 PM, Erinbridget said:

I was 25 when season 1 came out. I have been watching for 16 years. I am sad the show has ended as well. It's hard to keep up with the girls without the show.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
On 7/29/2022 at 6:06 PM, Erinbridget said:

My father and uncle were firefighters on 9/11 and they passed.

I am so sorry. What wonderful people I am sure they were.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ClassicPegg said:

2029270412_Picorder1.thumb.jpg.c14845cca01af8019c2bf198feb7b176.jpg

Here are all of the pics in order (bottom right corner when pic is enlarged.)  I also included their audition numbers so you can find them in the kickline photos.  I used bold print for the ones you specifically asked for.

Thank you so much! 

• Like 1

I’m sad to not see Lea in show group. For me personally, she’s one of the best dancers on the team….I’ve read that her father just passed away. This makes me so sad for her. I hope that is the only reason she’s not at Oxnard. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, Pksbena1 said:

I’m sad to not see Lea in show group. For me personally, she’s one of the best dancers on the team….I’ve read that her father just passed away. This makes me so sad for her. I hope that is the only reason she’s not at Oxnard. 

Not everyone goes to Oxnard 

(edited)

I took a screenshot of Chandi’s post wow is Jalyn soooooooooooooo thin! It’s the two of them from Oxnard. Chandi is tiny but wow Jalyns thigh is so incredibly thin. I don’t remember her being painfully thin… 

40A2096B-7607-4320-BBC0-C4E18D52E13F.jpeg

Edited by TB12
  • Like 1