Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 6/27/2022 at 12:49 PM, kalibean said:

I wonder if Kat has really strong musicality - we know she has good showmanship and can talk to a rock, so solid for appearances.  But I can see where she might be an excellent lead at calling dances during a game, which is one of the things the GLs do.  Not sure if it's always GL1 or if GL2 gets to do it as well.

Kat did count off the girls at the NASCAR performance a few weeks ago to end the splits. Would make sense if that’s why.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 6/27/2022 at 8:49 PM, kalibean said:

I wonder if Kat has really strong musicality - we know she has good showmanship and can talk to a rock, so solid for appearances.  But I can see where she might be an excellent lead at calling dances during a game, which is one of the things the GLs do.  Not sure if it's always GL1 or if GL2 gets to do it as well.

Normally it’s the group leader’s job but the 2nd group leader needs to be able to step in if the situation calls for it. A few years back they did “the follow the leader” exercise on the show and a GL wasn’t there so her 2nd took over. Can’t remember which GL it was but I think it was Lexie who filled in.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, LilyD said:

Normally it’s the group leader’s job but the 2nd group leader needs to be able to step in if the situation calls for it. A few years back they did “the follow the leader” exercise on the show and a GL wasn’t there so her 2nd took over. Can’t remember which GL it was but I think it was Lexie who filled in.

It was indeed Lexie who stepped in for Maddie after Maddie injured herself in the kick line I believe.  Lexie did a fabulous job.

• Love 10
On 6/29/2022 at 10:07 PM, ClassicPegg said:

And I'm sure the vets have to walk on the same eggshells as before... if not more so.

I’m sure the rookies will either be walking on eggshells or kissing up.  Got to be awkward to be around!  I wonder how many of VKs group will retire next year, and or if her group leaders return!

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CfhuxWarK30/

With all the money the DCC's have... I'm begging them to hire a stylist for the girls. AND that's coming from someone who really likes Marissa!!! But jeez... This outfit is... Horrible...

I can't imagine Kelli is a fan of fishnet tights, unless it's for a dance performance! Just get rid of them and Marissa's outfit would be fine. Elli looks super cute in those sequins too.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DCC-UK said:

I can't imagine Kelli is a fan of fishnet tights, unless it's for a dance performance! Just get rid of them and Marissa's outfit would be fine. Elli looks super cute in those sequins too.

Agree about Elli :) she's always been a favorite of mine! Totallyyyy agree with the fishnet tight thing too lol Marissa is always making CHOICESSSS with her outfits 🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Girls should dress how they want when they aren't on "company time"

you ain't wrong! IMO the girls still definitely need a style face lift though.

Edited by DCC93
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/3/2022 at 8:57 PM, DCC93 said:

With all the money the DCC's have... I'm begging them to hire a stylist for the girls. AND that's coming from someone who really likes Marissa!!! But jeez... This outfit is... Horrible...

Agree on this being a real "misfit" but this isn't nearly as tricky as some of the outfits that were visible on Alora Rose's SM... 

I personally think they should wear whatever they like in their own time. It may be an idea to keep an eye on what they intend to wear or advise them when they're on Cowboys business and do not have to be in uniform. Some of these girls are really young and may not always know what is meant with certain dress codes and/or what is appropriate for certain events and what not. 

I suddenly have to think about those high school proms I attended over the years as a teacher...Most do a great job but there's always someone ending up in his dad's suit and a pair of new sneakers or a girl that genuinely believes that mom's black pencil skirt and a t-shirt is festive enough... 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, LilyD said:

Agree on this being a real "misfit" but this isn't nearly as tricky as some of the outfits that were visible on Alora Rose's SM... 

I personally think they should wear whatever they like in their own time. It may be an idea to keep an eye on what they intend to wear or advise them when they're on Cowboys business and do not have to be in uniform. Some of these girls are really young and may not always know what is meant with certain dress codes and/or what is appropriate for certain events and what not. 

I suddenly have to think about those high school proms I attended over the years as a teacher...Most do a great job but there's always someone ending up in his dad's suit and a pair of new sneakers or a girl that genuinely believes that mom's black pencil skirt and a t-shirt is festive enough... 

For sure! I was more viewing it in the way K&J would, since they bring in photos of the girls out partying and blah blah blah. But for sure. I think for the most part, the older girls always learn how to dress well towards the end of their DCC tenure. I think Marissa's style really just comes from her background and where she's from. I give her like another year to really get on board with what works for her lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

I was just watching ? Season 7 where they had girls wear an outfit that was inappropriate for the occasion & then appropriately attired girls

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't remember the season, but I remember one where they were doing that and a girl came out in an all white outfit to go on a plane trip. My thought was "nope, they're going to shoot that down -- travelling in all white is just asking for trouble." I was shocked (and still think they're wrong 😆) when they praised the outfit and were going on about what a great choice it was for travel.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

I don't remember the season, but I remember one where they were doing that and a girl came out in an all white outfit to go on a plane trip. My thought was "nope, they're going to shoot that down -- travelling in all white is just asking for trouble." I was shocked (and still think they're wrong 😆) when they praised the outfit and were going on about what a great choice it was for travel.

If I recall the correct episode, it was white pants and a white and navy top?  I loved the outfit, but my thoughts exactly!  Kelli loved that top so much she bought it and they showed her in it later.

• Love 2
On 7/3/2022 at 4:58 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Exactly!  We've all had enough of policing about our bodies.

• Applause 7
  • Love 4
On 7/3/2022 at 12:57 PM, DCC93 said:

On 7/3/2022 at 2:58 PM, scorpio1031 said:

4 hours ago, SMP637 said:

Exactly!  We've all had enough of policing about our bodies.

There's a difference between teaching/giving advice on trends/what looks good/doesn't in a certain time period (and we all know opinions will differ) and policing bodies/judging based on attire/forcing someone to follow certain dress codes/mores.

You can teach a class on what is considered acceptable attire for different events/times of day according to the current trends and what is currently considered a "good look" and "not a good look" without forcing anyone to accept or adhere to those guidelines. Whether they believe, agree with, or follow that advice is totally up to them (and shouldn't be judged because of those choices).

Unfortunately, with a job like DCC, you could be considered to always be on "company time" since it's a very public position with all of the social media, etc. When you're known as a DCC (or any public role -- entertainer, politician, even educators nowadays, etc.) and people can see what you do, it reflects on the brand and people associate whatever the DCC (or whatever position they hold) did with that brand. It's not fair and shouldn't be that way, but that is what it is right now. It reminds me of the panel interviews when someone was asked (don't remember who) if they made the DCC uniform or the DCC uniform made them (something like that) and she got cut down because she said she made the uniform. She may not have expressed it correctly, but she was right. Yes, there is a long history with the DCC uniform and a person putting it on embodies all of that (is "made" by the uniform), but it works both ways -- what the person does reflects back on the uniform and can change that uniform and what it stands for for good or bad.

So, yea, I'm all for dress how you want, do what you want, etc., but also remember you are still representing a brand (even in your "off" time) -- though I don't think this is the case here.

To be clear, I don't think there is anything "wrong" with Marissa wearing the fishnets or it's anything that'll reflect back on the DCC (good or bad), but I don't think they go with the outfit (I think they "compete" with it -- you don't know what to focus on, you're attention is drawn all over the place) and a little fashion advice could help -- like when your two year old dresses herself in the morning in 5 different competing styles/colors -- nothing wrong with the choices themselves, they just don't go together. You teach the two year old what colors and styles go together.

Wow, that was a long soapbox. I'll get off now. 😆

• Applause 1
  • Love 7

I actually thought Marissa looked cute in that outfit.

It had a good enough amount of "look at me!" vibe that is reasonable since it was her birthday party.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, hannahbanana said:

There's a difference between teaching/giving advice on trends/what looks good/doesn't in a certain time period (and we all know opinions will differ) and policing bodies/judging based on attire/forcing someone to follow certain dress codes/mores.

You can teach a class on what is considered acceptable attire for different events/times of day according to the current trends and what is currently considered a "good look" and "not a good look" without forcing anyone to accept or adhere to those guidelines. Whether they believe, agree with, or follow that advice is totally up to them (and shouldn't be judged because of those choices).

Unfortunately, with a job like DCC, you could be considered to always be on "company time" since it's a very public position with all of the social media, etc. When you're known as a DCC (or any public role -- entertainer, politician, even educators nowadays, etc.) and people can see what you do, it reflects on the brand and people associate whatever the DCC (or whatever position they hold) did with that brand. It's not fair and shouldn't be that way, but that is what it is right now. It reminds me of the panel interviews when someone was asked (don't remember who) if they made the DCC uniform or the DCC uniform made them (something like that) and she got cut down because she said she made the uniform. She may not have expressed it correctly, but she was right. Yes, there is a long history with the DCC uniform and a person putting it on embodies all of that (is "made" by the uniform), but it works both ways -- what the person does reflects back on the uniform and can change that uniform and what it stands for for good or bad.

So, yea, I'm all for dress how you want, do what you want, etc., but also remember you are still representing a brand (even in your "off" time) -- though I don't think this is the case here.

To be clear, I don't think there is anything "wrong" with Marissa wearing the fishnets or it's anything that'll reflect back on the DCC (good or bad), but I don't think they go with the outfit (I think they "compete" with it -- you don't know what to focus on, you're attention is drawn all over the place) and a little fashion advice could help -- like when your two year old dresses herself in the morning in 5 different competing styles/colors -- nothing wrong with the choices themselves, they just don't go together. You teach the two year old what colors and styles go together.

Wow, that was a long soapbox. I'll get off now. 😆

I actually love the passion 🤣 this show is NO joking matter hahaha I take it seriously too. Also, you literally put into words exactly what I wanted to say. K&J bring in pictures of girls out partying and have gone as far as to cut some over them... "Company time" isn't a real thing. You're in DCC fully or you're not!

Did anyone notice she actually ended up taking the tights off? I think there was definitely some discussion lol.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, DCC93 said:

I actually love the passion 🤣 this show is NO joking matter hahaha I take it seriously too. Also, you literally put into words exactly what I wanted to say. K&J bring in pictures of girls out partying and have gone as far as to cut some over them... "Company time" isn't a real thing. You're in DCC fully or you're not!

Remember when Brenda (DCC’s audition judge) reemed Season 10 Kat for wearing a dress that had small cutouts in it…and IIRC, wasn’t she also questioned on her representation of the DCC organization with her choice of attire?

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, bernie2018 said:

Remember when Brenda (DCC’s audition judge) reemed Season 10 Kat for wearing a dress that had small cutouts in it

They had it in for Kat from the beginning of that season.  She could have dressed like June Clever and still  would have gotten the axe.  I didn't mind her cut though.

• Like 3
  • Love 5
On 7/7/2022 at 5:31 PM, hannahbanana said:

That wasn't an outfit they critiqued, though, it was specifically modeled as an "airport 'do'." And yes, the white pants were ridiculous. Also, I would freeze to death in an airport/on an airplane in a sleeveless top!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Remember when Brenda (DCC’s audition judge) reemed Season 10 Kat for wearing a dress that had small cutouts in it…and IIRC, wasn’t she also questioned on her representation of the DCC organization with her choice of attire?

Brenda was so passionate about that dress. I loved the color on Kat, but the fit was terrible. Too big on her small frame, and Brenda was so over the top about it I’m convinced those cut outs must have been giving side boob or SOMETHING. 

Some dresses are really hard to sit in appropriately, and it was baggy enough to have shifted in a weird way, possibly.

I think that was the same interview someone wore a dress with a criss cross, open back. With a jacket, but it was off while waiting. No need to show much skin in an interview, so I agree with Brenda that much, but the hysterics were so over the top. LIKE WHY BRENDA WHY??

• Love 8
8 hours ago, kalibean said:

Brenda was so passionate about that dress. I loved the color on Kat, but the fit was terrible. Too big on her small frame, and Brenda was so over the top about it I’m convinced those cut outs must have been giving side boob or SOMETHING. 

Some dresses are really hard to sit in appropriately, and it was baggy enough to have shifted in a weird way, possibly.

I think that was the same interview someone wore a dress with a criss cross, open back. With a jacket, but it was off while waiting. No need to show much skin in an interview, so I agree with Brenda that much, but the hysterics were so over the top. LIKE WHY BRENDA WHY??

Personally I find Brenda so damn cringe in that moment. Like, please. It was giving "finding any excuse to cut her".

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
On 7/8/2022 at 8:36 PM, hannahbanana said:

It reminds me of the panel interviews when someone was asked (don't remember who) if they made the DCC uniform or the DCC uniform made them (something like that) and she got cut down because she said she made the uniform. She may not have expressed it correctly, but she was right.

Maybe I’m wrong, but in my simple mind:

If the uniform made the girl; a lot of girls would be able to wear them and look good. It would enhance your beauty and body type and it wouldn’t matter if you were like Ally  (too boxy) too skinny girls (Colby) or if you had shorter legs or more of a pear shaped figure.

In reality, this uniform was designed with a very specific body type in mind. So, a lot of pretty girls cannot pull it off. So, that girl was absolutely right when saying that the girl makes (or breaks) the uniform.

Basically, it’s like trying on wedding gowns: Even the most beautiful gown will be a misfit when worn by the wrong person, even if that person is very pretty. (A petite person in a huge ballgown, or someone with a very large torso and short legs wearing a dropped waist for example)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LilyD said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but in my simple mind:

If the uniform made the girl; a lot of girls would be able to wear them and look good. It would enhance your beauty and body type and it wouldn’t matter if you were like Ally  (too boxy) too skinny girls (Colby) or if you had shorter legs or more of a pear shaped figure.

In reality, this uniform was designed with a very specific body type in mind. So, a lot of pretty girls cannot pull it off. So, that girl was absolutely right when saying that the girl makes (or breaks) the uniform.

Basically, it’s like trying on wedding gowns: Even the most beautiful gown will be a misfit when worn by the wrong person, even if that person is very pretty. (A petite person in a huge ballgown, or someone with a very large torso and short legs wearing a dropped waist for example)

I don't think they were talking about the physical aspects/how people look in the uniform (or make the uniform look) -- but more the tradition, reputation, "what it stands for" & represents aspects.

• Love 3

Maybe you’re right, Kelli often mentioned her iconic uniform. However, the entire uniform fitting was often  about body-shaming very beautiful and perfect girls because their bodies were not quite right for the uniform. It was only about how they looked in the uniform, hence my thoughts about girls making the uniform.

• Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 7/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, LilyD said:

Maybe you’re right, Kelli often mentioned her iconic uniform. However, the entire uniform fitting was often  about body-shaming very beautiful and perfect girls because their bodies were not quite right for the uniform. It was only about how they looked in the uniform, hence my thoughts about girls making the uniform.

The question I was referring to was during interviews, not uniform fittings, so I think it was definitely geared towards what it represents.

However, even in uniform fittings (and maybe even more so), you could say the uniform makes the cheerleader -- especially since you're never going to be a DCC if Kelli doesn't like how you look in it. 😆

Either way, it cuts both ways -- putting on the uniform makes you a DCC & all that comes with it, but one cheerleader (or Cowboys even) scandal (or just "looking bad" in the uniform) can do a lot of damage, which is why they're so protective of it (no alcohol in uniform, etc.).

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
On 7/9/2022 at 5:51 PM, DCC93 said:

Personally I find Brenda so damn cringe in that moment. Like, please. It was giving "finding any excuse to cut her".

Not to mention in Season 6, Ann Lux showed up in a halter neck that showed a lot of bare skin on top and in Season 5, one girl showed up in a strapless dress for the interview and no, she didn't have a jacket on in the interview.  Brenda was just out to get Kat for some reason.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

Not to mention in Season 6, Ann Lux showed up in a halter neck that showed a lot of bare skin on top and in Season 5, one girl showed up in a strapless dress for the interview and no, she didn't have a jacket on in the interview.  Brenda was just out to get Kat for some reason.

Exactly this. We've seen skimpier outfits than Kat's dress. Was Kat's dress interview-appropriate? Probably not, I personally thought it was more ill-fitting than anything on her tiny figure. But we all know their idea of interview attire is more like cocktail party attire!

• Love 2

So rookie makeovers are happening it’s on tDCC insta story. Is her name Kylie maybe she looks about 12. The rest of the girls have typical Kelli looks pretty but basic & similar…

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think they took Amanda dark based off the video on the Instagram story. I actually really like it personally. It makes her eyes pop. 

Also, have we gotten word who the front runners of this rookie class are? I know show group auditions are coming up and that usually helps us know, but I was just curious if any word had reached this thread yet. 

• Love 1

I just watched the DCC Instagram Rookie Makeovers stories, and based on who they posted, they certain don't seem to be focusing on Diversity this year.  Unless you like really white and medium white!

• Fire 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, mizzhyer said:

So there are/were 15 RC ...have they already cut 6 in 4 days or was this not all of them? 

It was not all of them not everyone gets a makeover also Kelli has been on vacation as well 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1