Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E07: Between Sleep and Awake

paigow
  • Start Topic

So this is how you open 2022? An unnecessary Ressler flashback! 

So Ressler watched Liz hold a gun to Red and didn't see Van Dyke behind her ready to shoot? And this jerk is blaming Red for her being killed??! He could have given Liz a courtesy warning! Maybe he was too gassed to scream after that long run from the hospital or dumbstruck unable to speak staring at her ass. Speaking of Van Dyke, where was his body after Red killed him in the retconned footage?! It just magically disappeared.

As usual Ressler chases Red and it ends with him spectacularly crashing the car. Not even for Liz's honor he could get the job done. Not sure why Red bothered to order Dembe to lose him. That fool was not catching them. Dembe didn't need to run through STOP signs or go over the speed limit to avoid him.

You're so wrong Cooper! Ressler has not worked hard while he was under your supervision.

My goodness Vivian. Ressler gave you a $25 dollar tip and having your dealer beat him up and rob him is your gratitude. Consider definitely Ressler and "maybe" me unsubscribed from your YouTube channel and no likes will be given.

C'mon Willie. Let Ressler clean some toilets for a few months before he touches any car. Don't promote  him after the first day.

The kid should have promised Ressler the cake had coke in it. He would have been at Saturday's party on Friday.

At least wish the kid happy birthday before you slam the door on the him!

As Ressler was crying at Liz's grave, a commercial abruptly came on (was it just me?). Even NBC wasn't impressed with his performance with the fake tears and spared the viewers.

Was hoping a swift breeze came by and tipped over Liz's headstone on Ressler as he sat there lamenting.

Who lied to that cop and had him believe Ressler was a decorated agent? To go with this gullible cop, add the local doctor trusting Ressler can be responsible to handle his oxy, Willie the mechanic who can't find good help and Vivian the disrespectful/druggie bartender.......that is one strange town!

Ressler sure took his sweet time getting there as Lauren was fighting her ex. 

Was Ressler just standing outside the Cooper's house staring at Agnes like a creep? Too bad they didn't have a dog to chase him away.

There should have been a grave next to Liz for Ressler's clipped hair.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

There should have been a grave next to Liz for Ressler's clipped hair.

Reminds me of House M.D. 

House: Chase, did Cameron get your hair in the divorce?

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

Was Ressler just standing outside the Cooper's house staring at Agnes like a creep? Too bad they didn't have a dog to chase him away.

I can think of at least 3 dogs that would make good pets/watchdogs for Agnes.  :)

Getting pretty tired of all of Ressler's decisions being about "what Liz wanted".  FFS !!

So, did Ressler just leave Lizzie dead on the street corner ?  That seems like a dick move.

That woman gave up her car to a guy showing no FBI badge and no gun rather easily. 
Did she at least get reimbursed for her car that Ressler trashed ?

Still no sign of the dogs, Robert Vesco's cat, or Sierra the cat.

• Love 8
9 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Damn, this was boring, and the dialog was really lame.

6 hours ago, preeya said:

Well that's an hour of my life that . . . . . . . . .

"Between Sleep and Awake"

The most appropriate title ever created for an episode. 

I should have paid closer attention. Someone tried to warn us what will happen during viewing.

• LOL 12

If this was a test to see if Diego can carry a spinoff, the answer is a resounding "NOPE".

I know other characters have had their own episodes: Mr. Kaplan, Dembe, Glen.. but they worked for Red and their back stories were interesting. Of the FBI team, Ressler is the least charismatic.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 3

Echo the other sentiments of why was this epi even necessary?  Ressler was more interesting when he was dating random women.

Also, please show stop with the deification of Liz.  Sheesh, let it go and stop trying to beat your viewers over the head with it.

Ressler getting rolled at some bar was just par for the course for this character.

Sure the kid was a pest but yes, there are better ways to deal with pesky than that.  Was glad Ressler finally came to help the mom out from a her scum of a husband.  But yes, the authorities just take Ressler's word that he's former FBI?  Did he manage to get another ID after getting robbed or did they just somehow have a way to run a background check on him?

Didn't get the creepy behavior at Cooper's house either.  If he didn't think he could go in, why bother to go over there and was no one else invited to the "celebration?"

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Love 2

I was so disappointed to learn that Ressler bought the carnations for Liz's grave instead of for the woman whose son liked Peter Pan. 😐

My only thought when the show ended is I hope they don't have a similar episode to fill us in on what Agent Park did during that time period.  

I was sort of surprised Ressler called the police after the husband died. I thought maybe he'd call one of Reddington's cleaners to do the job.

• Love 3
On 1/6/2022 at 9:32 PM, mxc90 said:

Speaking of Van Dyke, where was his body after Red killed him in the retconned footage?! It just magically disappeared.

Maybe Vandyke was a Jedi?

I seriously want that hour of my life back. Everything about it was awful: storyline, dialog, acting, etc. The damsel in distress and her annoying kid, the psycho cop ex, Ressler at the grave, his horrible hair  - just urgh.

Edited by Such A Flirt
  • Love 1

My 5th grade self would have written this, it was so bad. It was like Bad Words (which was a hilarious movie for its first 30 minutes) crossed with a 70s cop show (addiction! Redemption! “Fix what was broken!”).

I had stopped watching BL maybe 4 seasons ago because Lizzie was beyond annoying and incompetent, and the way everyone on the show worshipped her drove me nuts. I wanted to see a season without her. And this damn show just won’t let her go.

Also, that’s an annoying kid. Worthy of Liz.

I admit a skipped a lot of this. But when Ressler shot the cop, I could hear the Bruce Banner walk away piano cue from the 70s Hulk show. After that, all I saw was Bill Bixby.

Please show, please. Let Lizzie go.

I know that this show plays fast and loose with reality, but IRL could Liz will away her daughter like that? Scottie Hargrave, Tom's mother, is still alive, is she not? Sorry, I did not watch Redemption. Would Scottie not be Agnes' next of kin?

On 1/26/2022 at 1:57 PM, TV Anonymous said:

I know that this show plays fast and loose with reality, but IRL could Liz will away her daughter like that? Scottie Hargrave, Tom's mother, is still alive, is she not? Sorry, I did not watch Redemption. Would Scottie not be Agnes' next of kin?

AFAIK (based on my extensive watching of USA TV dramas!), it is possible for a parent to nominate a guardian in the event of their death and those wishes would be taken into account if there was a dispute over custody.  But if the nominated guardian was deemed unfit, or rather, less fit than somebody opposing custody e.g. a next of kin, then those wishes could be overridden. 

Given that Harold is a (supposedly) upstanding FBI agent, with no criminal history, he'd probably have a good chance of retaining custody even if Agnes's grandmother had opposed it.  The fact that Harold would have been a bigger part of Agnes's/Liz's life than Scottie would also likely have been a factor. 

Of course, TPTB could yet decide to show a custody battle that happened in the missing two years.