Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E05: Week 5

JenE4
  • Start Topic

She had better toss Chris out and send Him straight home.  She is usually good at seeing through bs.   He could have talked to her on the group date but he preferred to sulk and stew.  And he couldn’t wait until the cocktail party.  And, he has nothing of significance to say except to whine that she “owes him” which is not good.

And he didn’t just crash any date…he crashed Nayte’s date and spoiled the vibe.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 7

Ok, so Nayte is the only one who Michelle is sharing her sob-story with! Between this and meeting the friends, it’s obvious he’s her front-runner. 

Chris is coming to their date to say, “Hey Nayte thinks you like him!” Soooo. Um, yeah?! She does! This is going to be epic! I can’t wait to see Chris destroy his stint on this show.

• Love 9

I'm trying to figure out where they are. I think they must be back in U.S. Bank stadium again. The place that had the The Depot sign would be on the way (sort of).

Chris, can he really be that stupid or is he doing it upon production's suggestions as a way to get more air time?

• Love 2

Why was Chris even allowed to crash Nayte’s 1/1? Fire the producer who told him where they were. Don’t care for his bs drama unless it gets him tossed sooner. 

She handled it amazingly. 👏 YES!!!

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3

Sirens in the background, normal Minneapolis night sound.

I know what Chris is doing -- he 's auditioning for Bachelor in Paradise! I think he's got it made!

Trying to see if I can see my former work-- there it is! Where I used to work before the pandemic! You can see these two rectangular towers to the far right of the screen.

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, if you don’t quite understand the concept of a toxic “nice guy,” let me introduce you to Chris S. Fuck off, dude. You go, Michelle! 

He is like Jake Pavelka but without the veneer.   Jake hid his asshattery better, but it eventually came out.  Chris isn’t self aware enough to pretend.  He just tells Michelle what to do and think, speaks on her behalf and then chides her when she doesn’t do what he wants.  

• Love 11

Some dude i have never seen before (black guy, wireframe glasses) says, “Me too” in response to being nervous. Sir, since these are the only two words you’ve uttered on this series, i’s say you have just cause to be worried. Hello and goodbye.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6

The horse and buggy was on the Stone Arch bridge (over the Missisippi), I think.

That is a gorgeous dress on Michelle!

I wonder if they will walk by the Mary Tyler Moore statue. It's across the street from the IDS, the skyscraper where the Marquette Hotel is.

The goldish building across the street from the balcony is the Wells Fargo Center.

• Love 1

Oh, Olu, this is where you’re wrong. Martin said this terribly misogynistic stuff to Michelle, too! Depending on how many roses are on the podium, the Harry Potter glasses guy might survive another week!

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Well I think either Casey or Rick is safe tonight. I have a sneaking feeling Martin is going home.

Yup. I placed my bet before Martin decided to self destruct. 

Who is that guy with the glasses?

• Love 1

Poor glasses guy, I would have taken him over Martin and his stupid hair any day. Keeping Martin even after he pissed Michelle off twice now by saying bone headed things reeks of producer interference, especially now that we don't have any other clear villains. No way is Michelle into him. 

• Love 11

Wow. You can’t even show us eyeglasses guy’s name on the way out?! Brandon gets the “exit interview” even though he’s still there?! Please, does anyone know the eyeglasses guy’s name? I suddenly got emotionally vested in his journey in the 6 minutes I’ve been aware of his existence.

• LOL 8
  • Love 5

I really don't understand the problem Chris has with Nayte. He acts like Nayte is some psychopath that he needs to warn Michelle about, and all we've been shown is a pretty tame, nice guy. Confident, sure, but I think he can tell that he and Michelle have a real connection and no one else seems to have a problem with that. 

It kind of feels like Nayte is such a frontrunner that the producers are doing all this "is he genuine?" stuff to keep some suspense in it because she so obviously really likes him. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Why were Michelle and Nayte wearing matching outfits at dinner?  That was weird.  

Rodney is just such a nice guy.  I love how he was complimenting all the other guys and saying how great they are.   I did notice though that he went in for his last kiss and she gave him a quick kiss and then quickly said “let’s go”.   

What is up with Nayte’s bottom lip?  It looks lopsided but it also looks like he chews on it all the time.   Getting to meet the friends is definitely a good sign for him.  

Martin is right.  She does say the same things to a lot of the guys.  I felt like she told Joe and Nayte the same thing at dinner, some version of it “being the best day or date ever”.   

I think she is forcing it a bit with Joe as it would be so easy as they live in the same city.  And he’s the boy her 17 year old self would totally be into.  But not sure how much they have in common now.   He does seem nice though.  

I do think ultimately she wants someone who is black or mixed race.   I think she needs someone who has had similar experices with race as she has.  

Any guesses whose dad that was at the end who said their son wasn’t ready for marriage? 

Edited by Katie111
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Chris, can he really be that stupid or is he doing it upon production's suggestions as a way to get more air time?

I'm pretty sure he would have had some producer assistance in locating her date with Nayte so he could crash it.

And I bet the producers also knew what the result would be.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Katie111 said:

Martin is right.  She does say the same things to a lot of the guys.

I appreciate this more than the men/women of the past.  When they couldn't think of something to say they just went in for a creepy kiss!  Continually.

5 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

It's "she and I", Rodney.

We could do an entire forum about these faux pas.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

Oooo, look at Clayton roar! 

Chris S looks so funny! I hope he just enjoys it.

They don't have lutefisk there amongst all that food? Come on, Vikings!!!

I never liked pickled herring myself.

Mmmm, love pickled herring. My grandfather used to pickle a huge barrel/tub of herring every Christmas, and just a couple of weeks ago I wasted a lot of time on the internet looking for a place that would ship me some lutefisk. Haven't had any for years and I got such a hankering for it a few weeks ago but can't find any in Canada.

8 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

It kind of feels like Nayte is such a frontrunner that the producers are doing all this "is he genuine?" stuff to keep some suspense in it because she so obviously really likes him. 

The sparks that I can see between Nayte and Michelle are what I want to see on the Bachelorette (and The Bachelor). The guy you marry should make you horny as hell and you can see that Nayte and Michelle can hardly wait for the fantasy dates.

Edited by shok
  • Love 2

That 1-1 date where he met her friends explains why it took so long for Nayte to get a 1-1 date.   I was wondering why guys like Martin got dates before him, but she clearly has feelings for him and wanted her friends to meet him.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

So have i lost my mind? Who is the guy with glasses and how did he get here? I just love rodney, everything about him but he is not a fit with michelle. I hooe he finds a freat woman. Hes so nice i do t want to see him in paradise. And yes to whoever said chris is like jake pavelka,who i liked untik his true colors came out . I have asked several times, does anyone remember michelle in matts season? I dont remember anything about it except she showed up late .

• Love 3
1 hour ago, shok said:

Mmmm, love pickled herring. My grandfather used to pickle a huge barrel/tub of herring every Christmas, and just a couple of weeks ago I wasted a lot of time on the internet looking for a place that would ship me some lutefisk. Haven't had any for years and I got such a hankering for it a few weeks ago but can't find any in Canada.

The sparks that I can see between Nayte and Michelle are what I want to see on the Bachelorette (and The Bachelor). The guy you marry should make you horny as hell and you can see that Nayte and Michelle can hardly wait for the fantasy dates.

If you can order from over the border, Ingebritsen's in Minneapolis, Minnesota has both. I don't think it got burnt down in the riots.

• Love 1

With Michelle in Minnesota and Nayte in Texas I wondered about logistics if she picks him.  Distance and even weather can cause issues. But I saw a post elsewhere pointing out that he was born in and grew up in Manitoba.   I think that reduces that concern. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

With Michelle in Minnesota and Nayte in Texas I wondered about logistics if she picks him.  Distance and even weather can cause issues. But I saw a post elsewhere pointing out that he was born in and grew up in Manitoba.   I think that reduces that concern. 

Yes, for sure--Nayte growing up in Winnipeg means he knows viciously cold weather.  Is he a US citizen now?  He must have some kind of visa if he's working in Texas.  

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, bluestocking said:

Yes, for sure--Nayte growing up in Winnipeg means he knows viciously cold weather.  Is he a US citizen now?  He must have some kind of visa if he's working in Texas.  

The story she told Nayte on her date was disturbing.  And I believe she was talking about the same ex who would tell her that she was overreacting to racist slights.  He sounds like he was a real piece of work who really did some damage.

Edited by Alexander Pope
edited for spelling because who spells their name Nayte?
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Martin thinks women are high maintenance?!  What about his Etch-A-Sketch beard and carefully skinned Pepe Le Pew skunk that he's wearing on his head?!  

And his defending of Jamie on his one-on-one date with Michelle while they were in  big metal bucket with tepid water.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

I have asked several times, does anyone remember michelle in matts season? I dont remember anything about it except she showed up late .

I very much remember Michelle on Matt's season, because we saw no personality from him whatsoever (even on his date with Rachael), until he went on his one-on-one with Michelle.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11

Joe says he's reserved, but I think that's just a front to mask that he's not at all into Michelle. She should have taken the hint when he first ghosted her and eliminated him on night one.

Somebody else who should have taken a hint is Chris. If you get the most degrading outfit on a group date, that means the lead couldn't care less about you. He was just there to make up the numbers, and if he'd kept his mouth shut he could have lasted another week.

Did TPTB fly Tayshia and Kaitlyn to Minneapolis only for them to show up for 30 seconds to announce the last rose? I guess there's one more Minnesota episode, so maybe they'll get more to do in the next one.

I'm sad to see Casey go, he'd really grown on me. (He was also the only guy there who would be age-appropriate for me. Everyone else would be in little brother territory.)

Finally, I liked the scene with Olu during the end credits. That's the kind of interaction I want to see *during* the show, not tacked on for a minute at the end.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Finally, I liked the scene with Olu during the end credits. That's the kind of interaction I want to see *during* the show, not tacked on for a minute at the end.

What I want to see more of, is the genuinely candid moments...like on the airplane and at the airport.  Also, I enjoyed that in the scene with Chris and Casey (?), they were standing at a buffet and eating...we even saw a caterer-type person.  I like seeing more of the 'normal' stuff, interspersed with the incredibly producer-driven crap they insist on feeding us.

• Love 7
23 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I very much remember Michelle on Matt's season, because we saw no personality from him whatsoever (even on his date with Rachael), until he went on his one-on-one with Michelle.

ok and did she fall for him? I guess I dislike him so much I didnt pay much attention--now i wish I did . i still think its odd how matt and her appearance on his season have been excluded. maybe the link with rachel and chris harrison losing his job, and then matt being back with her?

• Love 2