Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Mother Nurture

AnimeMania
  • Start Topic

Cassie and Jenny struggle to dodge Donno’s attacks and the kids attempt to save Bridger as Ren is forced to figure out what happened to her plan. Meanwhile, change is in the air when Ronald seemingly experiences a breakthrough and Jerrie receives an unwelcome visitor from her past. Later, Jenny’s unwillingness to drop a lead lands her in hot water with Travis and his not-so-forgiving bosses on “Big Sky,” THURSDAY, NOV. 11 (10:01-11:00 p.m. EST), on ABC.
Guest Starring is Ryan O’Nan as Donno, Jamie-Lynn Sigler as Tonya, Michael Malarkey as Trevor, Vinny Chhibber as Jagat “Jag” Bhullar, Madelyn Kientz as Max, Troy Johnson as Harper, Lola Reid as Madison, Jeremy Taylor as Bridger and Romy Rosemont as Agatha.

160932_1668.jpg
160784_9219-900x0.jpg

Janina-Gavankar-in-Big-Sky-2048x1365.jpg
160784_5422-900x0.jpg
160822_9990-900x0.jpg

These teenagers are just being so dumb. You were at the drug dealers' house. Why not just leave the money and drugs like you were supposed too? Hopefully Max's mother doesn't make things worse, but she's dating a man who calls himself "T-Lock" so it's not looking good.

I hope Jerri going to see her dying mother doesn't mean she's leaving the show.

• Love 9

All four of these kids are truly the dumbest I've ever seen on television, but after tonight, I can safely that if I had to pick the stupidest one, it would have to be Max.  Hobo guy not only saves all of their asses but clearly yells at them to get out of there, but later she's all "We might be next on his kill list!!" to Harper.  Seriously, Max?!  Seriously?!!  Good lord...

Figured Jerrie wasn't sticking around all season once Jesse James Keitel was bumped down to "special guest star" status, but at least nothing bad happened to her, and the door is open to a possible return somewhere down the line.

Once again, Tubb is made to look like he's a bad guy for rightfully pointing out that him and the department investigating Harvey's corruption would look shady to everyone else due to a conflict of interest.  But that still doesn't stop Jenny from going all rage monster on him and calling him a coward.  Why is she even working for them?  She clearly thinks she's above them and the law, so just go ahead and quit and rejoin Cassie, please.

So, now Tonya/waitress actually wants to work for Ren.  Or at least claims she is.  I'm sure Ren will be keeping an eye on her.  Of course, Ren might have even more problems from her brother of all people, who thinks she isn't moving fast enough with the drug/money recovery.

It really is scary that every scene with Wolfgang, Ronald, and Scarlett somehow ends with me looking at Ronald of all people and going "Yeah, I feel you, buddy.  This shit is whack!"

Big twist at the end is that Travis might actually fully be on D-Trick's side after-all, but I doubt it.  I'm guessing he's working another angle, and will save Jenny and Cassie at the most opportune moment.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, mertensia said:

The kids: still too stupid to live.

Could these teens get any stupider? Cut off the tape, someone comes to the door. Drop the knife on the floor. WTF? You take the knife with you for a weapon! Eeeediots! I almost stopped watching because they are so exceptionally stupid. The whole lot of them. Can't hold onto a damn thing, either.

6 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I hope Jerri going to see her dying mother doesn't mean she's leaving the show.

She did say she's coming back.  Ooo, ooo, just saw a spoiler:

Spoiler

Jerrie and her father will be briefly seen again in the December 16 winter finale.

From recap/interview with Jerrie: https://www.tvinsider.com/1021558/big-sky-jerrie-leaving-season-2-jesse-james-keitel/

Edited by Ms Lark
  • Love 3

I read somewhere that Jesse got a starring role in a different show. So my guess is that’s the reason for Jerri’s departure. 

Travis most likely just saved Jenny and Cassie’s lives. I doubt Dietrich wants to be killing local cops. As opposed to Ren, who would was going to kill Harvey. 
The teens continue to be stupid.  They had a perfect out to confess all ( except for trying to sell the drugs) to the cops at the cabin.   They would not have been  suspected of anything more than what happened/ a guy who was dying at the accident site  told them to take the bags.  They would have gotten their hands slapped is all.  

Wolfe and his wife continue to make me ill every time they are in screen.  I was never a fan of Big Rick either. 

• Love 1

I read somewhere that Jesse got a starring role in a different show. So my guess is that’s the reason for Jerri’s departure. 

Travis most likely just saved Jenny and Cassie’s lives. I doubt Dietrich wants to be killing local cops. As opposed to Ren, who would was going to kill Harvey. 
The teens continue to be stupid.  They had a perfect out to confess all ( except for trying to sell the drugs) to the cops at the cabin.   They would not have been  suspected of anything more than what happened/ a guy who was dying at the accident site  told them to take the bags.  They would have gotten their hands slapped is all.  

Wolfe and his wife continue to make me ill every time they are in screen.  I was never a fan of Big Rick either. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, mertensia said:

I, too, hope Jerry isn't leaving.

Scarlet continues to be creepy.

Scarlet is a true sociopath,  I hope she doesn't get reunited with her poor child.  I am heartily sick of the kids, and Jenny the worlds worst cop. 

• Love 2

They are clear;y leaving the door open for Jerry to come back if her other show doesn’t work out.

I just fast forward thru the Ronald stuff, it’s boring as hell.

Ren reminds me of Morena Baccarin.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 11/12/2021 at 12:01 AM, mertensia said:

I, too, hope Jerry isn't leaving.

Scarlet continues to be creepy.

My take is Scarlet has been programmed.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Useful 1

Happy yet sad Jeri got her long-good-bye scene. My fav character is now gone.

I don't get why Wolf captured Ronald and what his end plan is. Or even how he captured Ronald to begin with. Not that knowing that would make this storyline make more sense.

I think we are suppose to be sympathetic with the teens' problems they brought on themselves yet are too dumb to end, but I'd be fine with all of them dying, except the boy who is the only one with a partial brain cell. They didn't have a clue that the hobo guy just saved their lives. (And didn't he get stabbed so should be dead?) And now Max's mom is all caring and coherent? Wasn't she a wasted not-caring addict in the previous episodes? This show sometimes!

• Love 9

I keep watching the show even though it’s a complete mess and I don’t know a single characters name.  I’m not sure why but I still enjoy it

The older guy the one that likes Cassie.  I looked up her name.  Who just kissed a woman who was crying whose name I also don’t know.  Why are they trying so hard to set this up as a love triangle?  I can see what is coming a mile away which is the woman who was crying is going to think somethings going to happen…then Cassie will decide she’s into it and then he will dump her.

Why is Jenny’s (I looked up her name) only hairstyle a ponytail?  Worse it’s a messy ponytail.  I keep wanting to brush it and put it back together.  So the guy she likes is what it undercover cop spying on the drug people

The best two people are the woman who was involved in the drug business and the hitman she constantly hangs out with.  These two  could have a spin off show. And now Tonya works for them.  I didn’t have to look Tonya’s name up I actually remember her name.

Then the evil twin guy what is going on there?  Why has he kidnapped them? Why does he care that they work through their trauma?  Why is this still a plot? Why does his ponytail look better than Jenny’s 

Edited by dmc
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, PBnJay said:

I don't get why Wolf captured Ronald and what his end plan is.

He said he wanted to clear the Legarski name, presumably by getting some kind of confession out of Ronald.  Yeah, good luck with that.

If the teens had half a brain between themselves, they would find out where Ren and Stimpy are hanging out, drive by and toss the drug bags out of the car.  Unfortunately, Ren is all up about 'teaching them a lesson', even against Jag's wishes, so we're faced with a season long chase until she gets killed in the end, 'cause, you know, there ain't room enough in this town for three hairstyles.

• LOL 11

The kids are just impressively doubling down on their stupidity, even as it becomes obvious how much shit they're in. They should toss the drugs into the guys window and hope that they just stop bothering with them. At least max told her mom, but her mom doesn't really seem like the responsible type so this might make things even worse. 

If Jenny thinks she's so above other cops, why did she even join the force again? She clearly has no respect for her boss, colleagues, or the law in general, plus she thinks that she's too good for any of those "rules" and "laws" that other cops have to follow, so why didn't she just stay a PI? 

You know things are bad when Ronald is starting to look like the voice of reason in his plot. 

I hope that Jerrie comes back soon. 

• Love 8
On 12/3/2021 at 10:39 AM, Evagirl said:

I guess I'm confused.  Jerri is the transgender who was kidnapped in the first season with the two teenagers, right?  Or is she a different person?

Jerri is the the character from season one as you described.

• Love 1

Wolf & Wife, Ronald and Scarlett are such a creepfest!  Agree with previous poster that Scarlett may be programmed by Legarski in his big experiment he seems to be conducting with people he captures to clear the Legarski name.  If that's even all the reasons why, as he's as nutty as his twin bro was.

Jerri leaving makes me sad.  She's my favorite character after Merrilee Legarski (Brooke Smith).

The kids are all kinds of stupid.  The hobo who they called "the creeper guy" might not be dead, so there's that.  Love seeing Jeff Kober again!

The two leads Cassie and Jenny continue to be my least favorite characters.  Jenny has even gotten worse than Cassie now with her attitude toward her LE boss and the rules.  They've switched places as to who I dislike more.