Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E08 Queen Night

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, LexieLily said:

What a coincidence that Queen is every single person's favorite band of all-time!

LOL, yeah, I mean, they are popular and a lot of people like at least some of their hits and all, but I could see some being bigger fans than others, yes. 

Loved that whole '80s style for Jenna and JoJo's dance. That really captured the vibe of the song. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Josh371982 said:

More Shallowness: Whitney looking Hot AF. Also confession time. I really like Radio GA GA and Miz did great. For anyone who hasn't seen his reality Show Miz'es dad George is a character lol

love Radio GaGa!!

• Love 3
Just now, Josh371982 said:

Why are most of the songs covers? We've actually heard the Orginal versions to 2 songs. What all of them can't get cleared or is it the Band must butcher most of the songs?

It seems like they're alternating between the original and the band's version. 

• Love 1
Just now, Josh371982 said:

Yay! I found another big fan of that song! "HIGH FIVE"

Add me to the list of those who like that song :). My dad worked in radio, so I kinda have a soft spot for that song as a result. 

• Love 1

Jojo dancing to the one Queen song I haven't heard so far "ducks and runs for cover"

1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

Add me to the list of those who like that song :). My dad worked in radio, so I kinda have a soft spot for that song as a result. 

Yay we have another one! I get why you like that one lol

Jojo could stand there and they would give her a 40 probably 

Edited by Josh371982
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Huh.... how have I never heard this song in my life? 

My sister didn’t know it either. I think the video was banned from MTV due to the amount of skin being shown. 

• Useful 3
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

My sister didn’t know it either. I think the video was banned from MTV due to the amount of skin being shown. 

Wow did not know that. Good to hear I wasn't the only  one who hadn't heard it 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Poor Suni. And her tummy (really, Tyra?) She did pretty well, considering. I did notice her foot slip and I was afraid she was going to get caught in her skirt at one point (when they were kneeling it was under her knee).

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Woo, that was fun! Go, Suni :D!

But aw at her not feeling well :(. 

Tyra, I...don't think we need to hear the specifics of Suni's illness to the point of telling us that she is running backstage to puke (or the, um, other end).

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Poor Suni. And her tummy (really, Tyra?) She did pretty well, considering. I did notice her foot slip and I was afraid she was going to get caught in her skirt at one point (when they were kneeling it was under her knee).

I thought she was going to end up pulling the skirt off when I saw her kneeling on it. 

• Love 2
Just now, LennieBriscoe said:

💡 Now I'm wondering if this entire DWTS  episode/theme is solely to promote Thursday's  (absurd notion for a) Queen Family Singalong? 

🤔

I bet it is! And the Chosen one Jojo is Butchering We Will Rock you on it as well (per the commerical)

• Useful 2

'Your bum was sticking out a bit, you could've tucked that in a little..." Okay, then, Len...:p.

LOL at Bruno's "Cody and Cher" comment. Apt description. That was a nice dance, though, yes. And another Queen song that reminds me of Shaun of the Dead, too :p. 

ETA: Ha, and the commercial that's on now is one for Wal-Mart that has a version of a Sonny and Cher song playing in it :D. 

Edited by Annber03
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, Josh371982 said:

Heads up fellow viewers I saw on FB. That's it Janet Jackson night next week. More Butchering of songs 

I think Tyra mentioned a few minutes that they would next be doing a tribute to “her friend” Janet Jackson.  

• Love 5

Karma from Faking It! Also a Singer Katie Stevens 

1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

I think Tyra mentioned a few minutes that they would next be doing a tribute to “her friend” Janet Jackson.  

Oh ok lol. Didn't catch that 

7 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

I bet it is! And the Chosen one Jojo is Butchering We Will Rock you on it as well (per the commerical)

Jimmie is also performing on it. And Derek and Hayley, and Mark and BC (for the Mark fans.) It feels like some sort of corporate synergy thing.

Cody still dances like he’s counting the steps. I don’t think he’s any better than Mike, and I still want him to be better than he is.

• Love 6

"Killer Queen" is my favorite Queen song, so I'm glad they played the original for that one :D. 

Melora was clearly having fun with that dance, I liked that one :). I love her getup. The clip of her spending some time with her former co-stars from that "Bold Type" show was cute, too :). 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

Jimmie is also performing on it. And Derek and Hayley, and Mark and BC (for the Mark fans.) It feels like some sort of corporate synergy thing.

Cody still dances like he’s counting the steps. I don’t think he’s any better than Mike, and I still want him to be better than he is.

Lol thanks for that info I didn't catch that 

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

What a coincidence that Queen is every single person's favorite band of all-time!

Well they're my favorite band of all time and I think they should be everybody else's, too!  Then again, I'm older than most everybody there except for the three original judges and maybe Melora and Tyra.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, mtlchick said:

Which song is this?  The only Queen video I remember being banned on MTV was I Want to Break Free, because apparently drag, while no issue in the UK, freaked out the TPTB in the US.

12 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

"Killer Queen" is my favorite Queen song, so I'm glad they played the original for that one :D. 

Mine, too!  The first Queen song I heard when I was just a kid, bought Sheer Heart Attack and never looked back.  I could still listen to it 50 times per day and not get tired of it.

• Love 3

Felt bad for Miz there. Not a single point. Gotta appease Codys Peloton Fanbase. 

1 minute ago, Sile said:

Which song is this?  The only Queen video I remember being banned on MTV was I Want to Break Free, because apparently drag, while no issue in the UK, freaked out the TPTB in the US.

Mine, too!  The first Queen song I heard when I was just a kid, bought Sheer Heart Attack and never looked back.  I could still listen to it 50 times per day and not get tired of it.

The song is Body Language. Apparently the video was too sexy or showed too much skin 🙄. I just pulled it up on YouTube. It was tame. 

LOVE Under Pressure 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sile said:

It's just so fun to sing along with :D. 

2 minutes ago, Josh371982 said:

Felt bad for Miz there. Not a single point.

LOL, seriously, they were clapping, but I could imagine them thinking, "Yeah. Yeah, that's great for you guys, we got diddly squat over here." :p.

My mom when JoJo and Jenna were dancing: "They almost look too happy to be under pressure." That's an odd song for a foxtrot, but I think everyone did fine with it. 

My sister loves Emma's dress. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Annber03 said:

LOL, seriously, they were clapping, but I could imagine them thinking, "Yeah. Yeah, that's great for you guys, we got diddly squat over here." :p.

My mom when JoJo and Jenna were dancing: "They almost look too happy to be under pressure." That's an odd song for a foxtrot, but I think everyone did fine with it. 

It was very pretty but I love Emma already 😍🔥🔥

Such Bullshit. Miss "Redemption" gets all the points. Jimmie was the only one I was rooting for in that trio. Bet Production and Judges don't want to lose their "Redemption story" yet 

4 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Ha I like your Mom's Quips

• Love 3