Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E08 Queen Night

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It is Tyra. She’s not really great with the adlibbing or thinking on her feet. I guarantee Tom would have assured everyone it’s not COVID without embarrassing the girl.

The first time was bad enough (I mean, they had to give some explanation for why Suni ran off the floor as soon as they were done with the dance) but she just had to call more attention to it later. She could have just asked if she was feeling better, if it was necessary to say something, without reminding us of the specific nature of her "not feeling well."

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
23 hours ago, Josh371982 said:

Linsdey looking fine AF

Indeed.  But TBH, one could substitute the name, Whitney, Emma, Daniela, Cheryl, Sharna, Jenna, Brooke and frankly just about any name of any pro (including the males) and that sentence would be pretty accurate.  It is admittedly one of the things that has brought me back religiously for 30 seasons.  Accomplished ballroom/Latin dancers are in incredible shape and the way they dress and move their bodies don't hurt either.  Even Carrie Ann has sported some impressive looks this season.  The only one not looking fine AF to me, ironically, is the supermodel hostess - between her annoying attitude and barely competent delivery and her over the top ridiculous wardrobe, she is just an unnecessary distraction.  If nothing else, her tenure as host has shown how absolutely effortless Tom made the job look - he was just that good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17

My mother and I have watched the show for a while. My mother commented on how flexible Iman was as a basketball player. Because of their height, basketball players don't usually do well on this show. 

I agree that Cody is not that good. Cheryl is usually a great teacher. I don't know if it's Covid or they just don't have chemistry, but something is off. He has weird facial expressions and his movements can be awkward. From what you say of the fanbase, a bunch of Graces are rooting for their gay bestie Will. lol

• Love 5
2 hours ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

It is Tyra. She’s not really great with the adlibbing or thinking on her feet.

What IS she great with?

Or...WTF is she great at?

2 hours ago, sd dude said:

The only one not looking fine AF to me, ironically, is the supermodel hostess - between her annoying attitude and barely competent delivery and her over the top ridiculous wardrobe, she is just an unnecessary distraction.  If nothing else, her tenure as host has shown how absolutely effortless Tom made the job look - he was just that good.

HUZZAH, SD Dude,  HUZZAH!!!

Edited by Back Atcha
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

My mother and I have watched the show for a while. My mother commented on how flexible Iman was as a basketball player. Because of their height, basketball players don't usually do well on this show. 

I agree that Cody is not that good. Cheryl is usually a great teacher. I don't know if it's Covid or they just don't have chemistry, but something is off. He has weird facial expressions and his movements can be awkward. From what you say of the fanbase, a bunch of Graces are rooting for their gay bestie Will. lol

Cheryl seems disinterested. She's been talking about retiring, and maybe it's time. I'd love her to be a judge, though. Maybe she could replace Carrie Ann.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, blackwing said:

I don't think Tyra would just announce things like that... she is probably fed information in her earpiece.  ABC and the show have plenty of lawyers on staff that would surely make sure it's ok for her to say these things.

Your opinion is probably the majority opinion; otherwise, WHY would Tyra be back this season.  She's the Abominable Executive Producer/Host.   

My worthless comment: It's possible that she has a feed into her earpiece; I strongly disagree that what comes into her ear is even CLOSE to what comes out of her mouth.  She can buy and sell all the lawyers they hire.

• Love 4

I found myself hoping for a shock elimination in Jojo and Jenna. I would love to see her gone only to clear the path for well deserving non-ringers like Jimmie...and even yes, Olivia. They keep growing or can make mistakes and improve on them. Even tho Jojo and Jenna always feel like a fun girls night out/slumber party, it's also redundant like I've seen her ceiling a few dances ago.

This was also my favorite dance from Suni. I had no clue anything was amiss from how well she performed. The paso really suits her strong and stoic demeanor and the styling was flattering and fabulous.

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, ams1001 said:

The first time was bad enough (I mean, they had to give some explanation for why Suni ran off the floor as soon as they were done with the dance) but she just had to call more attention to it later. She could have just asked if she was feeling better, if it was necessary to say something, without reminding us of the specific nature of her "not feeling well."

Suni is probably kicking herself for ever agreeing to do DWTS. She is good, but knowing how shy & uncomfortable she is, it is painful for me to watch. 

Kudos to Sasha for being a sort of therapist and all-around rock for this talented but terribly self-conscious girl. I am very glad she doesn't have Covid. I'm wondering if her illness is caused by nerves and dread.

Edited by TVMovieBuff
  • Love 8
On 11/1/2021 at 10:12 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Olivia did do great, but I believe that she REALLY needed those relay points.

It was a solid night, overall. Iman gives me such joy. Is he the most technically good? No, but he's enjoying himself, he's getting better, and Daniella really works to his strengths. His jive was actually the best of the three. It may not have been perfect, but he was given loads of jive and he was so excited, I noticed he slipped as he realized his part was over and he had to get off stage. 

Jimmie did great work tonight. I do think he's underrated and not talked enough about. He would shine much brighter in another season, but he's against some really great celebs. 

Melora's always a delight to watch. And Amanda did well, but she's so forgettable. 

So many production errors tonight. But it was still one of the best nights so far.

yeah, I can't be mad at Olivia getting all 4 points, she was far and away the best in her group.

Iman is my new favorite, he's got such a handicap with the height but he's working around it and Daniella is doing an amazing job choreographing things that will work for him. His jive was adorable and he so clearly didn't want to leave the stage, lol. 

I love Jimmie too, he's having such a good time and Emma is a great pro for him. 

I'm ready to say goodbye to Suni, Cody, and probably Amanda as well.

Amanda checks all the boxes in a technical sense, but the overall vibe comes off generic every time. She's pretty, she's fit, she dances well, she smiles all the time. But there's somehow no 'there' there.

Cody has potential but something isn't clicking. He's almost good, but not really and the partnership with Cheryl seems like a flop. Cheryl's always been a favorite of mine, but somehow, her dancing is starting to seem dated. Compared to the other pros, there's something a bit choppy and frenetic about her dancing that doesn't seem to match the others.

Suni is fine, but she bores me and she doesn't sell the performances at all. Her nerves shine through and it makes it uncomfortable to watch her.

Jojo is a good dancer, but a bit much on the personality scale and I actually hated her dance this week. Something about the hold looked so odd, like their heads were WAY further away from each other than typically seen in that dance. 

Melora is good and is having such a good time, I'd be good with her making it to the end. Olivia is really good as well, the privilege and her background still irritate me, but I have to admit that she's good. And she was REALLY loving her hair extensions this week, she swung her hair around way more than necessary, lol.

Was sorry to see the Miz go, he wasn't technically great, but I'd rather see a hammy amateur trying their hardest to sell the performance than someone like Suni who dances well, but looks like a deer in headlights. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

Suni is probably kicking herself for ever agreeing to do DWTS. She is good, but knowing how shy & uncomfortable she is, it is painful for me to watch. 

Kudos to Sasha for being a sort of therapist and all-around rock for this talented but terribly self-conscious girl. I am very glad she doesn't have Covid. I'm wondering if her illness is caused by nerves and dread.

I agree that she is probably regreting doing the show, but I don't think she is painful to watch.

She is also in college at Auburn University and doing gymnastics there. She has so much going on for anyone, much less someone 18 years old.

I think she will be glad when it is all over!!

Edited by Rightside
  • Love 3

Hello all count me in as another Team Daniman I’m still replaying that Contemporary two weeks in. Of all the contestants this season Iman  is the only one who could have executed Dani’s choreo with such commitment and confidence. That is what sold me.  . My favourite was Melora’s V Waltz - that was glorious and Artem is a true 10 Dancer and it shows. My finalists would be Iman, Melora and Jimmie maybe Suni.
However it would be awesome to see 53 year old Melora at the end as well as Iman The Giant I think these would be a great finals and who doesn’t want to see a Dani Freestyle? 
Olivia has had training maybe not as much as pro JoJo or Rockette Amanda but not even pro dancers have natural dance position.

Edited by White Dog
  • Love 5
58 minutes ago, White Dog said:

Iman The Giant I think these would be a great finals and who doesn’t want to see a Dani Freestyle? 

I want them to make the finals for just this reason. I would love to see what she comes up with.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 5
20 hours ago, Rightside said:

I agree that she is probably regreting doing the show, but I don't think she is painful to watch.

She is also in college at Auburn University and doing gymnastics there. She has so much going on for anyone, much less someone 18 years old.

I think she will be glad when it is all over!!

To clarify: Suni is only painful for me to watch, because I have compassion for the agony she is putting herself through, her nerves over the dancing. She is a good dancer, it isn't necessary for her to be so uncomfortable. I wish she was having fun. 

• Love 5

I agree with the comments about Cody and Cheryl.  I don't think their partnership works and he would be better with a different pro.  Cheryl seems tired this season.  Maybe, she's still suffering from Covid symptoms.  Her choreo is stale too.  As much as I don't like Maks' personality, I think a partnership of Maks and Cody would have been more interesting. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, realdancemom said:

I agree with the comments about Cody and Cheryl.  I don't think their partnership works and he would be better with a different pro.  Cheryl seems tired this season.  Maybe, she's still suffering from Covid symptoms.  Her choreo is stale too.  As much as I don't like Maks' personality, I think a partnership of Maks and Cody would have been more interesting. 

I agree with you--Cheryl seems tired, just like her choreography. Not meant as a dig at all, but compare what she's doing now with Danielle.  I say this as someone who's always liked and watched Cheryl since her first season (I think Season 2), so I know how good she can be. Who remembers "Ride A Horse" or whatever it was called? That routine with Drew Lachey was fabulous!

• Love 3
On 11/3/2021 at 4:08 AM, DEL901 said:

Appreciate the article, but found it extremely interesting that even the LGBTQ+ community questions all the labels. IMO, like a lot of woke words/phrases, it's getting a bit too much. But this is not the place to discuss. Just don't assume every question is sarcastic. Thanks again.

On 11/1/2021 at 11:07 PM, Stats Queen said:

Someone should maybe educate Tyra on HIPPA in the workplace….

It's HIPAA and it doesn't apply here--unless Tyra went to Suni's doctor and got him to violate HIPAA by disclosing her medical condition without permission

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

It's HIPAA and it doesn't apply here--unless Tyra went to Suni's doctor and got him to violate HIPAA by disclosing her medical condition without permission

Tyra was just crass. 

• Love 7