Type keyword(s) to search

S37.E13: Titanic

shantown
  • Start Topic

Cory worries that as the game gets more cutthroat the Vets might turn on him; players compete in the Sunken Intelligence mission, where one player's lack of effort sinks their team's chances of winning.

Airs 11/03/21

Anyone else feel that maybe BMP is trying to ease us into an ending where Josh makes the final mission AND he comes out a winner? Turns out he's good at speaking Spanish, and he gets a new bestie in Logan. Of course, the end result is that Cory goes home and Nelson feels that Josh has committed this season's ultimate sin ("Thou Shalt Not Put Thy Veteran Brethren In Harm's Way If a Rookie Is Available") Also: Kyle is shoved back into Ruby Cell. Always fun to see him squirm.

Nelson is a jackass as usual. I keep forgetting . . . how is Amanda detestable? This isn't willful ignorance on my part. I genuinely keep forgetting about her being a pain because I've gotten a break from her being a pain. Ditto Nany.. With Ashley, I don't like her because she's a pain AND she's invited every damn season. I did get her being annoying not helping her team, but I thought her team wanted her out of the way.

Mission was fun, if too quick. Lair probably triggered Cory's infamous fireball battle with Nelson. Sad fact: fire doesn't work as an attraction. The allure of burning a rope and making guys play tug-of-war with it goes away once the flames die down. Then it's just the Jordan/Josh battle with domes instead of wobbly stands. I did get a laugh out of Josh saying he was getting PTSD watching Cory and Logan.

If MTV puts out a special of unaired footage, maybe we could get more of CT and Emmanuel in the kitchen. It turns out that Emmanuel literally beats meat. He doesn't beat HIS meat. Why would he with Tori around?

• Love 2

Because it cannot be said enough... shut up Josh. 

Someone please explain the potential downside for infiltrating Emerald? I like Logan but I wanted Corey to win so he could f&ck some sh$t up with Emerald. I don’t understand why nobody is doing it. 

• Love 10
51 minutes ago, angelamh66 said:

Because it cannot be said enough... shut up Josh. 

Someone please explain the potential downside for infiltrating Emerald? I like Logan but I wanted Corey to win so he could f&ck some sh$t up with Emerald. I don’t understand why nobody is doing it. 

I need that to happen. Everyone is playing it safe and it's boring.

• Love 2

I thought the daily gave an advantage to Emerald again.  Two extra people pulling on the rope tied to the chest.  The other thing, which they might not have done, is to have the two extra people take turns going underwater to unit the knot.  Could be the Sapphire, CT and Kyle had to catch their breath going after the rope.

Yeah that elimination didn't favor Cory, despite his arm muscles.  I think the lower arm muscles came more into play than biceps.

Also, it was a contest of maintaining balance between an American football player and a futbol or soccer player.  If Logan is hardcore about soccer, he'd have more stamina as well as just strong core and legs.  And he picked up a good strategy, which was to time his attacks for when Cory relaxed after whipping the rope for awhile.

I'm surprised CT didn't try to help by yelling ideas from the side, because Cory infiltration Emerald would have been helpful.

However, if CT gets to the Finals, he can go against any of the remaining men, though Logan is kind of an unknown.  But if he has stamina and is willing to eat nasty food, he'd be formidable.

But there would be many puzzles in different stages of the Final.

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, aghst said:

I thought the daily gave an advantage to Emerald again.  Two extra people pulling on the rope tied to the chest.  The other thing, which they might not have done, is to have the two extra people take turns going underwater to unit the knot.  Could be the Sapphire, CT and Kyle had to catch their breath going after the rope.

Just to be honest, I did not see the daily challenge tonight.  I watched Survivor instead and I don't have a DVR and watching this show ONDemand is a massive pain in the ass.  So I wanted to get that out of the way before I started talking about something I did not watch.

But I will say, I did see the last half hour of the show and I was thinking, "Why do they not have the team with the numbers advantage sit out two players to make the challenge even?"  As you said, it does seem very unfair.

I have to admit for the last two weeks I have only been watching the elimination for the most part.  Tonight I did get to see Corey getting voted in and everything that happened after that.  The thing is I really don't miss watching the daily and I have always hated having to watch them go to the club.  I really don't feel like I am missing all that much by not watching the first hour because a lot of it seems like filler to me.

Josh's argument with Corey reminds me of one of the many arguments I have had with my buddy.  My buddy does the same thing that Josh does in that he'll do something that is self-serving that will either screw somebody else over.  But like Josh when he is called out on it, he turns it around on the person he screwed over and it somehow becomes their fault. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, aghst said:

I think every daily challenge since the teams started gives the advantage to team with the most numbers 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

Someone please explain the potential downside for infiltrating Emerald?

Just my opinion, and from watching this show from years I've lost valuable critical thinking skills, but it's not a problem as long as Emerald wins with the interloper in place. As soon as they lose, though, you have the booted person (and the whole of remaining Emerald) working social magic against the interloper. The real power of Emerald hasn't been their challenge skills, although they've been formidable, but that no one wants to piss off the web of alliances that hold them all together and become an easy target. 

Edited by AncientNewbie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

I will start off by discussing the Daily Challenge. Like others have mentioned the Emerald team has the advantage with having more people on their team or at least have 2 people sit out - normally that's what they do on these Dailys not sure why it's not being done. It's so aggravating. It needs to be fair. However, my personal opinion is that Ruby should have won the Daily Challenge. I think it's unfair that both Sapphire and Ruby played the game correctly once they attached the rope to the chest and they pulled it all the way back then opened and placed it on the table. 

Why is it that Emerald while doing the same somehow the rope got unattached and they were all ALLOWED to carry it back to the sand and open it for the win. I really thought TJ would've gave a DQ for not completing the mission as originally instructed. Ruby should have won. Now here we go with Emerald winning 4 in a row and I'm so over it already. 

Really disappointed that Corey lost because I wanted him to win and shake things up in the Emerald team. They feel as if they are untouchable it's so annoying. Logan nonetheless is a great player. As someone mentioned things need to shake up in the Emerald team. Although I will say Sapphire is looking great both Logan and CT on a team is great. LOL at Kyle grabbing CT's leg he is always a clown. Next week looks like it will be good. 

• Love 6

Anything that makes Josh happy is automatically terrible.  I almost sorta kinda liked him when he was speaking Spanish with Logan but that passed quickly.

One thing I wondered is that they wouldn’t have the same dialect, would they?  Logan speaks Spanish Spanish and Josh is I think Cuban?  I was always told in school that the Spanish that we were taught would have been more appropriate in Latin America, but not Spain.

Lord help me but you all know how I feel about Nelson against my better judgment, but his and Cory’s bromance is too adorable for words.

• Love 8
12 hours ago, AncientNewbie said:

As soon as they lose, though, you have the booted person (and the whole of remaining Emerald) working social magic against the interloper. The real power of Emerald hasn't been their challenge skills, although they've been formidable, but that no one wants to piss off the web of alliances that hold them all together and become an easy target. 

I think that power erodes the moment Emerald loses a challenge and everyone's on the chopping back.

That needs to end. For me to have an entertaining show, I need someone to wreak havoc. Kyle needs to go into elimination again, win and blow shit up. He's the only one willing to.

2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Josh is I think Cuban?  I was always told in school that the Spanish that we were taught would have been more appropriate in Latin America, but not Spain.

Josh is Cuban. I believe he’s from Miami (not entirely certain). I’m not a Spanish speaker but I do live in South Florida and have picked up a few things. I can hear Josh’s Cuban Spanish in the way he pronounces words.

Also, I was told the same in my experience with regard to learning Spanish in school, which makes sense considering the proximity. I equate that to learning American English vs British English. Same basics and maybe different words here and there.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, mojoween said:

Anything that makes Josh happy is automatically terrible.  I almost sorta kinda liked him when he was speaking Spanish with Logan but that passed quickly.

One thing I wondered is that they wouldn’t have the same dialect, would they?  Logan speaks Spanish Spanish and Josh is I think Cuban?  I was always told in school that the Spanish that we were taught would have been more appropriate in Latin America, but not Spain.

Lord help me but you all know how I feel about Nelson against my better judgment, but his and Cory’s bromance is too adorable for words.

My sister's friend from high school was from I want to say El Salvador (I honestly do not remember as this was over thirty years ago, but she was originally from a Central American country) and at her home all her and her family spoke was Spanish.  When she got to high school she took Spanish as she thought it would be an easy A for her but it turns out that it was the Spanish that they speak in Spain and she was totally lost.  I don't know which version is taught, all I know is she struggled and ended up dropping it for French.

In regards to Nelson and Cory's friendship, I have always liked both guys and I always want them to do well I am not sure why that is the case but I just do.  So I think it is cool that they have a real friendship in this game and not something that they are playing up for the cameras.

Edited by BK1978
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, BK1978 said:

My sister's friend from high school was from I want to say El Salvador (I honestly do not remember as this was over thirty years ago, but she was originally from a Central American country) and at her home all her and her family spoke was Spanish.  When she got to high school she took Spanish as she thought it would be an easy A for her but it turns out that it was the Spanish that they speak in Spain and she was totally lost.  I don't know which version is taught, all I know is she struggled and ended up dropping it for French.

In school or even if you take an online course, they teach formal proper grammatically correct Spanish. I'm thinking if I moved to a non-English speaking country while I was in K-12 school, and took an English language class, I probably would have struggled because while my parents and my family speak English (and I obviously speak English) but they don't speak proper and grammatically correct English, which is what would be taught and tested on in an English language class. I have a friend that speaks French and her family speaks French as well, and she barely passed French while we were in college. She also struggled. I remember she also got help from her other French-speaking friends and they also struggled while trying to help her because they have never used French in a formal setting like a classroom.

My Spanish speaking friends would always suggest that if I were to learn Spanish (which I've tried), learn it in a classroom and not from them but because I would learn the basics of proper Spanish and come back to them later for the slang LOL

-

-

-

Speaking of the Spanish language. I've always wondered does Nany speak Spanish and the aftershow for this episode appears to confirm that she doesn't.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 4

I know Amanda has never made it to a final and doesn’t have a great elimination record, but is she really any worse of a competitor than someone like a Nany? I don’t think anything she could have said or done would have made Cory and Nelson happy, and I was totally on  her side this episode.

Edited by jsm1125
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, jsm1125 said:

I know Amanda has never made it to a final and doesn’t have a great elimination record, but is she really any worse of a competitor than someone like a Nany? I don’t think anything she could have said or done would have made Cory and Hunter happy, and I was totally on  her side this episode.

Well… Nany seems to be easier to work with. Nany is way less combative.

Edited by AntFTW
  • Love 2

watching a team of 6 keep winning against teams with 4 or 5 players, where numbers help, is not entertaining. It is laughable to see Emerald crow about how awesome they are as if they don't have 2 extra players. I don't see why the show set it up this way. It was a given numbers would start to get uneven--why allow it to continue? 

the first time Corey went to the lair, I wanted him to lose. This time I wanted him to win so he could shake things up. Of course he loses this time. 

• Love 3

2nd week in a row that I think that the sapphire team got stronger. I hope that they win next week, or even ruby, just not emerald again. Will be interesting if Big T or Amanda are the vote, because I think those two would call down the other. I don't think anyone wants to see Emy or Ashley in an elimination. Nany would be the third choice. IMO Nany and Josh are lucky to be on emerald and are completely vulnerable if/when they start losing. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 1
On 11/3/2021 at 11:00 PM, Lantern7 said:

Nelson is a jackass as usual. I keep forgetting . . . how is Amanda detestable? This isn't willful ignorance on my part. I genuinely keep forgetting about her being a pain because I've gotten a break from her being a pain. Ditto Nany.. With Ashley, I don't like her because she's a pain AND she's invited every damn season. I did get her being annoying not helping her team, but I thought her team wanted her out of the way.

In defense of Amanda, Ashley and Ashley's decolletage, neither of them have been pains this season.   I am almost annoyed that their volatility levels are flatlining.   Ashley seems all-business and Amanda seems ... happy. 

I am watching the 2014 Battle of the Exes season concurrently.   There is no comparison between the show then and the show now.   The spontaneity, the hilarity, the unthinkable (Zach's Swamp Donkey screed) ... it's all gone.   I think bringing in competitors from Romania, Spain and elsewhere is a big mistake.   The language barrier, the cultural barrier, the lack of common life experience (vs. an all American cast) has all but killed the drama and hijinks in the house.   BOR-ING.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, millennium said:

There is no comparison between the show then and the show now.   The spontaneity, the hilarity, the unthinkable (Zach's Swamp Donkey screed) ... it's all gone.   I think bringing in competitors from Romania, Spain and elsewhere is a big mistake.   The language barrier, the cultural barrier, the lack of common life experience (vs. an all American cast) has all but killed the drama and hijinks in the house.  

Before it was a reality show pretending to be a competition show. Now it's a competition show almost a sport show.

I miss when their own made up parties; the costumes, bouncers, lap dances and vips.

• Love 3
On 11/8/2021 at 9:18 AM, xfuse said:

Before it was a reality show pretending to be a competition show. Now it's a competition show almost a sport show.

I miss when their own made up parties; the costumes, bouncers, lap dances and vips.

Me too.  I tuned in for the reality show.   It was a good formula - the pursuit of money via weekly competitions constantly ratcheting up the interpersonal tensions in the house even as the players sought ways to alleviate it with humor, fighting, drinking and sex.   Miss those days.

Edited by millennium
On 11/4/2021 at 8:23 PM, mojoween said:

Well Josh thinks he speaks Latin. “We’re both Latin speakers.”  No. You’re Latinos who speak Spanish. 

I believe Josh is from Miami. And I think he has his own dialect. I can’t stand his voice. I think his tongue is too big for his mouth or something.