Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: A Slippery Slope

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Anyone else finding this show hard to watch?

Yes. As with all these Millennial Bravo shows, the boys just have to be tall and the girls are 

6C17902E-9A2E-483B-90A5-1A427E1B1361.jpeg

Because I don’t see the appeal in any of them. Except Andrea who is certifiably hot. But he’s also a total ladies man.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4

Whoa, I am obviously wayyy behind on these people because I thought Paige had a boyfriend back home.  Last I watched a season of Summer House she had a guy she talked to on the phone all the time.

I also don’t understand Austen’s appeal.

• Love 6

I was so distracted by the mess everywhere for most of this episode that I barely paid attention to anything else. The Summer House was always a little messy but this seems different like food is being left out everywhere and there are open trash bags just propped up in the kitchen. It is gross. Is it just that the common spaces are smaller in this place? Didn’t we get an entire episode of Kyle screaming at Hannah for being a slob on Summer House? I wish he’d sober up for five seconds and yell at everyone here about the mess.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Thumper said:

Whoa, I am obviously wayyy behind on these people because I thought Paige had a boyfriend back home.  Last I watched a season of Summer House she had a guy she talked to on the phone all the time.

Yeah, she was dating 'Perry', who was 10 years older than her and she was talking about how he checked all of the boxes on her List, and that he could be The One.  He dropped her off at the Summer House last season, and didn't come up for a visit during the time that she was there, which I thought was a smart move, because although Paige posted videos of them where he was in the background for a few seconds, being on the actual show is completely different.  She was pouting about the fact that he wasn't coming up, but I'm sure that he just didn't want to be visiting her with the cameras there.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Let me take a minute to defend this show, actually.  

This show is what I was originally watching Vanderpump Rules for:  Young, pretty people living their young, single lives as a diversion from the older one I have with a job and responsibilities and less pretty people.   I lived in both NY and in Los Angeles in my youth so it was a random revisit.  But VR became a Real Housewives show, and I'm sorry to be judgy, but I don't need to watch your goddamn baby and baby daddy and house problems.

So, in general, I'm kind of enjoying this crossover of single morons.  And I'm near Vermont so it seems topical.  Some of these new people are pretty pointless, but I barely care.

That being said, while Ciera now seems a bit over Austen (see WWHL), it was concerning that the smartest most normal woman on the show went for that troll, but I guess he's tall and pretty so whatever.  Paige (again, on WWHL) being Team Erika was a bit weird and sad.  

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

This show is what I was originally watching Vanderpump Rules for:  Young, pretty people living their young, single lives as a diversion from the older one I have with a job and responsibilities and less pretty people.   I lived in both NY and in Los Angeles in my youth so it was a random revisit.  But VR became a Real Housewives show, and I'm sorry to be judgy, but I don't need to watch your goddamn baby and baby daddy and house problems.

So, in general, I'm kind of enjoying this crossover of single morons.  And I'm near Vermont so it seems topical.  Some of these new people are pretty pointless, but I barely care.

That being said, while Ciera now seems a bit over Austen (see WWHL), it was concerning that the smartest most normal woman on the show went for that troll, but I guess he's tall and pretty so whatever.  Paige (again, on WWHL) being Team Erika was a bit weird and sad.  

Yes, any hopes I had for Paige were snuffed quickly when she announced her love for Erika.  WTF.

Are Ciara and Austen still together?  I'd google but I don't care enough, just curious. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Paige was wearing too much makeup on her most recent appearance on Andy Cohen’s show, WWHL. Paige should go without much makeup. I like women that go with the natural look. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Ss55 said:

Are Ciara and Austen still together?  I'd google but I don't care enough, just curious. 

I guess they've been at some of the same EVENTS, but not really photo'd together, so after 135 seconds or so of extensive research last night I'm thinking no.

Edited by Lassus
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, TeeMo said:

I was so distracted by the mess everywhere for most of this episode that I barely paid attention to anything else. The Summer House was always a little messy but this seems different like food is being left out everywhere and there are open trash bags just propped up in the kitchen. It is gross. Is it just that the common spaces are smaller in this place? Didn’t we get an entire episode of Kyle screaming at Hannah for being a slob on Summer House? I wish he’d sober up for five seconds and yell at everyone here about the mess.

I was horrified by the mess and the way they destroy the furniture! Even if it was furniture brought in by production, they're still ruining it. It's so gross. And the spilling is out of control. I forget who was letting a beer pour out onto the floor. That house must have smelled awful at the end of the 17 days. I don't like Hannah at all but I still think Kyle wasn't being completely fair because nobody else was doing anything to pitch in either. 

Gabby is weird. I didn't think Julia did anything wrong? Julia seems like an easy person to be around, unlike Gabby and Lindsay who was fuming her toxic vapors over being snuffed by Austen. 

• Love 10

Gabby is weird. I didn't think Julia did anything wrong? Julia seems like an easy person to be around, unlike Gabby and Lindsay who was fuming her toxic vapors over being snuffed by Austen. 

I think so too.  They were all drunk dancing together.  She made a huge deal over nothing.  Never mind that Luke isn't interested in her anyway, but not really Julia's fault.

When Austen was recently on WWHL they played a game on who was better - Ciara or Lindsay and he answered 90% Ciara on all the questions.  Apparently Lindsay didn't like that.  *eye roll*  Lindsay:  He's. Just. Not. That. Into. You. 

I'm not even going to comment (again) about Austen's lack of appeal in the first place.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Ss55 said:

I think so too.  They were all drunk dancing together.  She made a huge deal over nothing.  Never mind that Luke isn't interested in her anyway, but not really Julia's fault.

I want to offer weird and grumpy Gabby a (slight) bit of support here, I guess.  Maybe it's pretty high school, but if you offer to put in a good word for a friend who told you they liked someone and then immediately follow that with an amount of drunken grinding on that same person, I can see why it would be annoying.  I mean, not as gothy emo as Gabby made it, but still worthy of being called a bit thoughtless and lame. 

I'm sure it's subjective though.  Gabby already has issues with Julia, who at least to me doesn't seem like much of a cool person.  Again, with my seven or eight whole minutes of exposure, she seems a little draining to be in a room with, sucking-air-out-wise.  

Edited by Lassus
  • Love 9

I'm willing to cut Gabby a little bit of a break since she told us she's very introverted. Being thrown into a group of strangers, some of whom know each other well, was uncomfortable for her. Of course, a good thing to do in that situation is look pleasant and approachable, but maybe she just couldn't.

I did get the sense that Luke was interested in her, at least until Julia's grind fest, which was a dick move on Julia's part. Here's where I question Gabby: If your good friend has a history of cock blocking you, she's not your good friend. Don't accept her offer to check out whether a guy is interested. Instead, maybe make a move yourself? Or just pass him a note in class that says "Do you like me?" with check boxes for yes and no.

I like Lindsay. She tires hard, but she's so awkward and vulnerable it keeps backfiring. It's not a good idea to base your expectations on something a drunk guy said on New year's Eve. Better to keep quiet and observe. Without Danielle, Lindsay doesn't have a good woman friend in the house. She needs one. She has too many male BFFs--Kyle, Carl, almost Luke, and Austin--two of whom she's tried to turn into romantic partners. See how well that's worked out.

Ciara lost me when she jumped on Hannah's Train Of Luke-Related Delusion last summer. Her apparent intent to jump on Austen now moves her no further up in my estimation.

You know you live in a fucked up universe when dumpy Austen Kroll gets more action than cutie Jason Cameron.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

I’m convinced that Austen must have had a deal with production that after playing the heartsick schlump for several seasons on Southern Charm, he was going to get a chance to be the heartthrob on Winter House.  Ciara wanted more screen time, Lindsay & he were already friends and Madison hasn’t had any attention for awhile, thus all this new found popularity.  Of course, now he’s going to be an asshole.  Craig and Paige - no, I don’t think so. We already know what a high maintenance snob Paige is and Craig is just an easy going guy who likes the simple things in life - drinking beer with his bros, sewing pillows and a cat named Gizmo.  Naomi couldn’t turn him into the suave professional man she wanted and neither will Paige. However, Paige may hang in there longer because she will need to be in the cross over shows.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 9

Austen really does look like a shitty kisser. Whatever he was doing in the hot tub did not look appealing.

Gabby seems like someone I would not want to be around. She just seems like such a tiring person to be around.

Not a fan of Ciara on this show. Her and Austen make no sense and aren’t fun to watch.

Andrea is so obvious with his moves. He’s not my cup of tea too pretty but he’s obviously attractive and that’s why he gets away with everything. Not a fan.

These ppl are so messy I couldn’t handle it.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I’m convinced that Austen must have had a deal with production that after playing the heartsick schlump for several seasons on Southern Charm, he was going to get a chance to be the heartthrob on Winter House.  Ciara wanted more screen time, Lindsay & he were already friends and Madison hasn’t had any attention for awhile, thus all this new found popularity.  Of course, now he’s going to be an asshole.  Craig and Paige - no, I don’t think so. We already know what a high maintenance snob Paige is and Craig is just an easy going guy who likes the simple things in life - drinking beer with his bros, sewing pillows and a cat named Gizmo.  Naomi couldn’t turn him into the suave professional man she wanted and neither will Paige. However, Paige may hang in there longer because she will need to be in the cross over shows.  

Wow mind blown! 😲 it didn't occur to me until you mentioned it how different Austen is being portrayed on this show compared to Southern Charm.  Am I the only one who is kinda bummed Shep isn't on W.H. ?   (maybe even Whitney as well) I would have LUVED to see them interacting with these ladies 😄 

• Love 6
On 11/4/2021 at 9:44 AM, RedDelicious said:

I was horrified by the mess and the way they destroy the furniture! Even if it was furniture brought in by production, they're still ruining it. It's so gross. And the spilling is out of control. I forget who was letting a beer pour out onto the floor. That house must have smelled awful at the end of the 17 days.

I would be pissed if I saw my house being treated like this on tv. But maybe rich people don't mind?

Austen is so gross.  

Edited by KLJ
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Wow mind blown! 😲 it didn't occur to me until you mentioned it how different Austen is being portrayed on this show compared to Southern Charm.  Am I the only one who is kinda bummed Shep isn't on W.H. ?   (maybe even Whitney as well) I would have LUVED to see them interacting with these ladies 😄 

I know I’m in the minority but I love Shep! He’s 1000x better than boring Austin. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Something about Ciara I can't warm up to. She seems snobby and cold and a know it all. She was kind of bitchy on WWHL. 

On 11/4/2021 at 3:33 PM, Dirtybubble said:

Luke is getting cuter and cuter by the minute 😍

He's a handsome guy. I don't know why he's so disliked. They all suck just the same. He's no worse. 

The Italian dude is having fun right now. He said he wants to eventually settle down with an American girl and move back to Italy with her some day to be closer to family. I like that goal.  

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 6
On 11/3/2021 at 10:04 PM, tabloidlover said:

Watched 10 mins with sound off. 

Awful. 

I'm out. 

I don't get the female attraction to Austen. He is such a boy. On WWHL recently, he wore a cream colored turtleneck sweater, red pants, and perfect white sneakers with no socks. In Manhattan. In October. What a dooosh. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 5
42 minutes ago, Bossa Nova said:

I dont get the female attraction to Austen. He is such a perdy boy. On WWHL recently, he wore a cream colored turtleneck sweater, red pants,and perfect white smeakers with no socks. In Manhattan. In October. What a dooosh. 

A lot of people like being The Prettier One in a relationship and falsely believe that, if you're better-looking than your partner, they will never cheat on you, or leave you.  Totally not true of course, but many believe that.  Also, lots of women like a fixer-upper they can 'work on and improve'.  Whatever the reason, these women should have some dignity and self-respect!!!  No, what am I saying, anyone with even a modicum of self-respect would not be on a reality show.

6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

He's a handsome guy. I don't know why he's so disliked. They all suck just the same. He's no worse. 

Maybe his association with Hannah?  Nobody who has been around her for longer than 2 seconds comes out looking good.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I’m willing to bet that Bravo did not get back their Security deposit after this group trashed the house.  Those floors will never be the same after all of that booze spilled onto the wood floors.  Not to mention dancing on the tables.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3