Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E02: First Elimination

• Start Topic

I wish Olivia Jade would go first, but we all know she won't. I'm pretty sure Martin Kove will go first, and he can't dance so that is fine. A lot of this cast is meh...Melora, Christine, Miz, Cody, Brian, Martin, and Kenya can go in any order. I sure hope Suni improves her performance because she wasn't overly interesting either. I do like her though, and hope she sticks around.

I'd really like to see Amanda and JoJo in the finals, along with Iman and either Suni or Mel C.

Edited by boyznkatz
  • Love 2

They seem to be moving forward with having Cody compete in some capacity so I’m interested to see how that goes. Reports are he tested negative but it seems odd to not isolate him at all - I’m not sure if I were working on the show I’d be super comfortable declaring he’s in the clear to dance with a backup. And I believe there are standard union rules they have to comply with, they can’t just wing it.

They won’t have dress rehearsal footage, maybe they relax that for COVID and can use other rehearsal footage? Or he and the new female pro do their dance masked?

• Love 2

Are they kidding with 5’s for Matt? Does that mean Martin will get 2’s? Good grief, it wasn’t a great Samba but it wasn’t awful either. Lindsay was shocked.

I am surprised to see the cast not wearing masks on the sidelines. With Cheryl positive I would think they’d take more precautions.

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

What is that orange monstrosity Tyra is wearing?

Duck Tape is head quartered like a half hour, 45 minutes away from me. For years they had a Duck Tape festival, parade, and contest to make clothing out of it. I'm pretty sure she's wearing a Duck Tape dress!

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I actually usually love Sharna, and I have nothing against Brian Austin Green, but I thought that was utter crap.  There was way too much posing, standing around gazing at each other,, and even I…who know next to nothing about form or content…couldn’t see much rhumba there.  They’ve been together nearly a year and she’s a pro dancer…has she taught him nothing upright in all that time??

Not a fan of Christine.

Edited by CraftyHazel
  • Love 7
26 minutes ago, kitcloudkicker said:

I didn’t know the immersive Van Gogh exhibit had a big enough marketing budget to get a featured advertisement on DWTS. 

I don't know about other cities, but Cleveland's show turned into a hot mess before it even opened. They started selling tickets for an unnamed venue a while back and then rented out part of an old industrial building in a less than appealing area, which they are calling an art house. Then once they finally found their venue, they started telling people oh sorry, those tickets you bought for this day and time, sorry, we are  going to give you tickets for a totally different day and time. At $40 -$50 ticket, that's not okay. 

Oh JoJo, how much I hate you! LOL! Tone it down about 1907%. And the matching outfits need to stop already.

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I really like Jojo’s joy in dancing and Jenna can match her enthusiasm. I do hope they start changing up the outfits a bit, I didn’t think they’d have them matching every week.  Derek was right, she does lose some quality in the dance when she gets excited.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't see the allure of Matt James. I agree with Len---taking off the shirt was unnecessary! 

I think it was totally necessary as it distracted from the fact that he still can’t move his hips.  

JoJo’s home was……her.   But she’s growing up.  No bow tonight.  I guess she using this show to transition to a more grown up image.  That said, I love her sheer exuberance.  

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

I don't know about other cities, but Cleveland's show turned into a hot mess before it even opened. They started selling tickets for an unnamed venue a while back and then rented out part of an old industrial building in a less than appealing area, which they are calling an art house. Then once they finally found their venue, they started telling people oh sorry, those tickets you bought for this day and time, sorry, we are  going to give you tickets for a totally different day and time. At $40 -$50 ticket, that's not okay. 

Yeah, they’ve been advertising aggressively in New York, and everything I’ve heard is that it’s at best a disappointing cash grab, if not an outright scam.

• Useful 1

OMG.  What is this new monstrosity Tyra is wearing.  I think the wardrobe department now despises her and has a contest going as to how ridiculous they can go before Tyra says no.  

Edited by DEL901
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7

Someone needs to remind Tyra we are no longer on Top Model. Or Drag Race for that matter. 

Amanda is a delight. Normally we would be yelling ringer about her about but after the last 18 months we had, and especially what she went through, dancing is lighting her face and spirits again. 

• Love 14