Type keyword(s) to search

S23.E36: Final HOH Part 1

• Start Topic

So this is playing out pretty much like I expected, except I thought it would be Ky & X in the final with X winning. I still think he will win but against Derek, not Ky. Azah really needed to win the 1st comp to even have a chance & she didn't. So she'd have to win part 2 and then beat X and while I can hope she does, I just don't think she will. So X will win-- great !?! I don't dislike him but an upset win by Azah would be more fun, imo. (Your opinion may vary, of course ;)

• Love 7

These 99% recap shows are dreadfully boring. Instead of them I wish they would do an hour long show in the Jury  House and see how those people are interacting when they are not waiting for a new arrival  or watching the latest jurors "DVD".

Also once again time for me to mention my number one quibble with any reality show. Confessionals/DR whatever DURING the challenge.

Based on X's cheerful demeanor and cracking scripted jokes did ANYONE not believe he would win?

So yes he did win and once more everything goes his way. I hope the one time it doesn't is when it leaves him out of the final two because I want to see the jury try and pick between two unworthy.

Yes unworthy. If we can be honest The Cookout was X, Kyland and Tiffany...they called all the shots, made all the plans, the other three were simply followers riding the true power players coattails and Azah and Big D don't really deserve to be that close to the big money.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Love 10
6 minutes ago, North of Eden said:

These 99% recap shows are dreadfully boring. Instead of them I wish they would do an hour long show in the Jury  House and see how those people are interacting when they are not waiting for a new arrival  or watching the latest jurors "DVD".

Also once again time for me to mention my number one quibble with any reality show. Confessionals/DR whatever DURING the challenge.

Based on X's cheerful demeanor and cracking scripted jokes did ANYONE now believe he would win?

So yes he did win and once more everything goes his way. I hope the one time it doesn't is when it leaves him out of the final two because I want to see the jury try and pick between two unworthy.

Yes unworthy. If we can be honest The Cookout was X, Kyland and Tiffany...they called all the shots, made all the plans, the other three were simply followers riding the true power players coattails and Azah and Big D don't really deserve to be that close to the big money.

All of this, North.  All of it.  Yet here we are 😎

• Love 2

I’m confused. This started over an hour late for my on the East Coast (CBS annoys me for not adjusting their Sunday schedule when sports, especially football are on). I am still only to the incredibly boring montages “how we got here and Derek F saying he played a great game. I haven’t seen part one of the final HOH competition. Is this in the live feeds, which I thought weren’t discussed in this thread?

50 minutes ago, Maya said:

What was the announcement for Azah, when she and big D were on the couch? I rewound and still couldn’t understand what they were saying. 

She hadn't put her mic back on.

Well, I checked in once to see how late they were running and then went back to watching other teevee. Then it was a quick 6-8 minutes that didn't get ff'd. I don't care what Big D-lusional had to say about 'owning the house' or Azah did about how she floated through. Quick and (fairly) painless.

See ya on X wins again night.

• Love 4

X’s self-described resume: Kept a low profile, kept everyone on track, won when he needed to. Sounds about right.

Azah’s self-described resume: Stayed under the radar, was loyal and friendly, didn’t present as a threat. I don’t know that her strategy was so much planned as “yeah, I meant to do that!” after the fact, but ok, I’ll buy it.

Deref’s self described resume: Entertained everyone, invented the Cookout, kept the peace. BWAHAHAHA.

I’ll buy the entertaining part: He could be funny, he seemed comfortable playing the jester and the houseguests did enjoy him. But I don’t know how he can lay claim to forming the CO. From what I saw, that was a culmination of several conversations as six people discovered they shared a common goal. There was no one founder. And as for being a peacemaker, Deref created more rifts than remedies. His major contribution was sulking.

I’m not going to say his position is undeserved.  I’m in the camp that believes there are many paths to the end and none of them inherently invalid. But as resumes go, his is built from wishes and bubbles (blown from an elephant’s ass).

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

On a dreadfully shallow note, X looked fantastic in the wet shirt at the end of the competition.  On a still shallow but slightly more substantive note, Derek is utterly delusional.  He is a legend in his own mind. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

They preempted my airing of Big Brother to show some goddamn interview of one of the Cheneys?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? I'm not even in America!

I had to re-PVR it at 11 PM, 3 hours later.  So stupid!

Also, the first half of this was a clip show. AGAIN.  After we just saw one!  I'm so unimpressed.  Thank god for fast forward.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

Deref’s self described resume: Entertained everyone, invented the Cookout, kept the peace. BWAHAHAHA.

Please, please, please Derek when you get brought to the F2 use that as an argument. See how fast the eye rolls come.

2 hours ago, Iguana said:

On a dreadfully shallow note, X looked fantastic in the wet shirt at the end of the competition. 

He looked great before the wet shirt. It was how he worked that bouncy boat between his thighs that gave me tingles.

• LOL 8

The Cookout alliance really changed the game.  Instead of having 1 deserving contestant and 2 floaters in the final 3, we have..... 1 deserving contestant and 2 floaters in the final 3. LOL  I guess some things in the Big Brother house are totally consistent!

We now have 3 contestants who are claiming to be the founder of the Cookout (plus, Kyland probably thinks he was the instigator of the entire plan as well).  Unfortunately for X and DereF, Tiffany has already told the jury that SHE'S the master strategist.  We'll see how the jury reacts if/when X and DereF make that claim in their summary to the jury (assuming they're the final 2).  They may get some unexpected blow-back for that; Tiffany seems pretty popular among the rest of the jury, and she's not lying.  The Cookout was probably the idea of most/all of the members, but who actually "founded" it?  I would say X ("he who names it claims it"), but Tiffany did come up with the couples idea (I'd consider that secondary to the alliance itself, but that's just an opinion.).

I'm rooting for X to win.  I don't care who #2 is.  Azah, to her credit, did manage to wake up from her nap long enough to actually win a HoH.  DereF accomplished absolutely nothing.

I didn't vote for anyone to be "America's Favorite" this year.  I was going to vote DereX, but the clip show on Friday reminded why I didn't care for DereX when he was in the house.  Did anyone else notice how he was constantly draped over all the other houseguests?  Every time he appeared on the show, he was hanging onto someone in the house, either hugging them, or leaning on them, or laying on a bed/sofa/hammock with them, or had his arm around them, or just generally touching them.  He was always attached to somebody on the show - so touchy-feely.  It really creeped me out; he'd be an HR department nightmare at work!

I hope that next season, they can return to having a studio audience on eviction nights.  The studio seems so empty when Julie welcomes the latest evictee.  I want to see cheers (and boos)!

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

I hope that next season, they can return to having a studio audience on eviction nights.  The studio seems so empty when Julie welcomes the latest evictee.  I want to see cheers (and boos)!

Well, they always had a very toned-down crowd filled with well-mannered (coached) people that even applauded the worst contestants.

• Love 1

Just watching this now. They're doing part 1 of HOH. Now are these rockets or color crayons or whatever they are recycled from a season 18 challenge? I have this memory of Glenn sitting on a rocket-shaped thing.

I guess these are boats.

Derek on his boat looks like a teddy bear someone threw on the floor.

• LOL 2
23 hours ago, Rosebud1970 said:

Has there ever been a more delusional and useless houseguest than Big D?

I’m thinking No on both counts.

Austin in BB17 is the closest I can come up with, but I don’t think that’s even reasonably close.

I wish they would go back to having a final two and having a taped jury interrogation like they used to in the early seasons. Those were probably the best episodes of the entire season, when the jury just really got to grill them and hold their feet to the fire. Now they wait until the live final to evict the final HG, who doesn't even get to compare notes with the other jury members, and the jury just stands up one by one and reads some generic scripted question the producers handed them. It's pointless, it's boring, and it's not going to change anyone's mind by that point.

Plus these final episodes are just pointless time filler. 

Derek lasted all of 19 minutes on that "boat." To his credit that's about 18.5 minutes longer than I would have guessed.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4