Type keyword(s) to search

Married At First Sight (UK) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I give up.  Now, today’s newspaper says MAFS, UK on 6:30 to 8.  Old episode.  I’m just going to look in the paper every week.  Guess they can’t make up their mind when to show.  Lousy operation.

Thomas is exhausting. One minute he's on top of the world the next he's sobbing like a baby. It looks to me he may have bipolar tendencies? What ever his issue is he doesn't need to be in a relationship right now. What he needs is deep, intensive therapy and it's not up to his husband to figure it out for him. 

• Like 10
3 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

This version is more fun than the US version. Are these people really married or is it like Australia?

It's like Australia where they can't legally be married just for a tv show even though they pretend to be.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

So my DVR recorded episode 13 last night and just the one episode but there were new couples so I looked at the Lifetime app & there was an episode 11 that hadn't been recorded or seen & there has to be an episode 12 floating around somewhere.

What does everyone else have in the way of episodes?

3 hours ago, Welshman in Ca said:

So my DVR recorded episode 13 last night and just the one episode but there were new couples so I looked at the Lifetime app & there was an episode 11 that hadn't been recorded or seen & there has to be an episode 12 floating around somewhere.

I'm in Boston.  Last night my DVR recorded eps 12 and 13. They were playing at 6 and 7 pm which is weird because prime time isn't until 8.  When I looked on demand, it didn't have episode 10 in the listing.  I'm confused so I watched 12 and 13 with mostly the 2 new couples.  I'm not sure if the tatoo couple will make it.  The other couple is getting along good on vacation but I'm not sure this will continue when they return to real life. 

On 4/18/2023 at 6:02 AM, Chatty Cake said:

This version is more fun than the US version. Are these people really married or is it like Australia?

I don’t think they are really married.  I like this version also, but if only I can understand what they are saying.  I understand the Aussies much better.

• Like 2

Oh, and Kawame got a massage from his bride, the very heavy one. I could barely look as it was gross.  I’m in New York.  The two new marriages were on at 6 pm and 7 pm.  Then the old ones were shown again until 8 pm.  I hope they don’t disappear like last year.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1

Two new couples thrown in don’t bother me but I don’t care for the actual weddings. It took so long to get through all the original couples weddings and I didn’t want to see more of them. 
Tattoo girl is really that horny for tattoo dude?  I think it’s already doomed and I’m not sure if it’s just her crass comments. She might be too heavy for him like Kwame’s bride. Personally, I think he’s lucky someone is that hot for him with all those face tattoos but maybe some ladies don’t mind that. 

The intimacy assignments were kind of funny. I don’t see Thomas and Adrian making it but maybe Thomas will get some acting gigs out of this. 
I could have lived without the Kwame massage too. It was odd that the therapist stood there while Kasia did her assignment.

• Like 5
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Oh, and Kawame got a massage from his bride, the very heavy one

I kept thinking she was going to suffocate him sitting on top of him like that. It's like he was pinned down and couldn't escape if he wanted to and I'm sure he wanted to. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
On 4/20/2023 at 8:48 AM, Welshman in Ca said:

I’m watching 14-15 anyone else? Another decision day and group dinner.  

• Like 1

I'm even more confused this week.  I watched 14 and 15 last night.  I must've missed an episode because there are 2 missing couples and I don't know where they went. lol  

On 4/21/2023 at 6:01 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Two new couples thrown in don’t bother me but I don’t care for the actual weddings. It took so long to get through all the original couples weddings and I didn’t want to see more of them. 
Tattoo girl is really that horny for tattoo dude?  I think it’s already doomed and I’m not sure if it’s just her crass comments. She might be too heavy for him like Kwame’s bride. Personally, I think he’s lucky someone is that hot for him with all those face tattoos but maybe some ladies don’t mind that. 

The intimacy assignments were kind of funny. I don’t see Thomas and Adrian making it but maybe Thomas will get some acting gigs out of this. 
I could have lived without the Kwame massage too. It was odd that the therapist stood there while Kasia did her assignment.

That scene where she straddles him was gross.  The outfit and toys were too much too.He said “stay”.  Yeah .. ok.  Maybe he needs the money or doesn’t want to be known as a cad.  She’s hot to trot, and he wants to trot away, lol.

The new couple, Gemma and the guy with face tats, are so horrifying to watch. She is on him constantly with her sex comments and unwelcome touching.  He is communicating clearly what he is uncomfortable with, and she Carrie's on sexually harassing him. It's not okay for either gender to push their partner sexually, and it's so obvious that she is used to "proving her worth" sexually that she doesn't trust she has other value to a man. I admire his clear and calm communication, and if she is willing to examine her behavior, she might have a healing relationship with him. But I bet the self-sabotage urge is too strong.

• Like 4

Whitney seems to hate attention, but I’ve never seen someone show so much cleavage—even by reality show standards. 

I want to say to tattoo bride — try playing a bit hard to get or at least hide your desperation. 

• Like 7

The newer groom without the tattoos was stupid for saying he wouldn’t be attracted to his bride if she put on weight. Especially in front of the other couples. It’s one thing to feel that way but nothing good comes from announcing it. 
I’m surprised that cold Whitney is getting a vibe from Tattoos. That part seems manufactured.

• Like 5

Can anyone explain to me what exactly Whitney has done that justifies her saying she has “given so much” to the relationship.  As far as I can tell all she has done is roll her eyes?  It doesn’t seem all that surprising that she and Matt should be drawn together since his idea of a relationship seems to be that no one should expect anything from him.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 5/8/2023 at 1:16 PM, call me ishmael said:

Can anyone explain to me what exactly Whitney has done that justifies her saying she has “given so much” to the relationship.  As far as I can tell all she has done is roll her eyes?  It doesn’t seem all that surprising that she and Matt should be drawn together since his idea of a relationship seems to be that no one should expect anything from him.

neither seem like very nice people

i hope the "experts" decide to drop them from the show instead of letting them continue, but i imagine they want the controversy, so they will be allowed to stay

• Like 5
On 5/7/2023 at 10:13 AM, Chatty Cake said:

The newer groom without the tattoos was stupid for saying he wouldn’t be attracted to his bride if she put on weight. Especially in front of the other couples. It’s one thing to feel that way but nothing good comes from announcing it. 
I’m surprised that cold Whitney is getting a vibe from Tattoos. That part seems manufactured.

Oh I think Whitney was feeling him for real.  He looked like he wanted to eat her alive right before they kissed--if she didn't like him, she would have run away! I sure would have!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

They need to let Matt and Whitney stay. It’s ratchet but entertaining. They should lhave Gemma and Duka stay too.

why give matt and whitney support - if they want to hook up, they can do that on their own time

and why would gemma and duka want to stay without partners?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, cinsays said:

why give matt and whitney support - if they want to hook up, they can do that on their own time

and why would gemma and duka want to stay without partners?

The could rematch the two couples.Gemma and Duka seemed to get along. Plus it would be fun to see if Whitney continues liking Matt.

• Like 2
On 5/14/2023 at 11:18 AM, Chatty Cake said:

The could rematch the two couples.Gemma and Duka seemed to get along. Plus it would be fun to see if Whitney continues liking Matt.

Seeing either Whitney or Matt seems like the opposite of fun.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
54 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Seeing either Whitney or Matt seems like the opposite of fun.

As long as Tom keeps going off on these people, I’m happy. At first I didn’t care for him but then I figured why not just enjoy it?

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I came on late by mistake.  The gay guys.  Tom.  Was he wearing full makeup last night?  If so, wtf?  Have to watch the whole thing today.  Still don’t know what they are saying.  At least, they should talk slower.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I came on late by mistake.  The gay guys.  Tom.  Was he wearing full makeup last night?  If so, wtf?  Have to watch the whole thing today.  Still don’t know what they are saying.  At least, they should talk slower.

I use close captioning.   I cannot stand Whitney or Matt.  Feels like they're playing into her entitlement attitude but I know it's for the ratings.  Kwame knows he's tapping out and doesn't want Kasia stalking him so he won't bring her to his home.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Adriane’s friend is obnoxious.  

Also I know Jenna has alopecia but she needs a wigologist.  I don’t get the antennae ponytails except that she had them as a child when the trauma happened.  She’d look great without the wigs, but since she feels more comfortable wearing them, there’s so much a good stylist could do.

Some of these outfits…WOW!

Edited by For Cereals
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Too many comments to quote everyone.....

I thought on a previous Aussie MAFS, they had a similar situation with 2 people from different couples hooking up and they didn't let them stay in the experiment.  I don't think that Matt was in to Gemma because she wasn't stick thin.

Since there wouldn't be any purpose to having Duka and Gemma still on the show, I hope they still got paid for the rest of the season since their "spouses" got to continue on without them.

I've thought that Jenna needs a different hairstyle wig than the too long hair with the 8 year old's pony tails on top.

I am so over Thomas. Yes, he wearing full makeup. 

I agree about Kwame and Kasia. He probably didn't want to let her into his home for stalker reasons. I'm betting he's regretting getting carried away when they did the sex week exercise.

• Like 2

I can’t express how impressed I was that the experts upheld MAFS ethics by not allowing Matt and Whitney to return as a MARRIED couple but only as a DATING couple.  After all, after consulting the “science” (or ratings) they knew that two people who had, by the rules of the show committed adultery, were a GOOD match.  And Matt and Whitney wanted their guidance (and to be on television some more).  Yet they only allowed them to date rather than giving them another all paid wedding.  The moral clarity was truly inspiring.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

I'm still bingeing the 13 hours I've accumulated, but I'm watching "Yes Week" and I can't keep my mouth shut about how much April is enjoying putting George through the ringer with his fear of heights.  She says, "He needs to see what a wild girl I am!"

No, I think he gets to see what a cruel bitch you are.  (And I rarely ever use that word.)

Phobias are real.  

If my new "spouse" thought it was hilarious to exploit my ir/rational fear of something, I'd tear up that MAFS contract so fast, her head would be spinning.

Although, I have to add that George must be exaggerating the severity of his acrophobia somewhat or he wouldn't be rappelling down the side of the building--he'd be doubled over vomiting or zooming away in an ambulance while they tried to bring his heartrate down before he went into arrest.

######

I guess I'll throw in one other thing that bugged me, while I'm posting here all out of order.

I was shocked when Zoe wouldn't taste Jenna's scrambled tofu "eggs".   One partner being vegan is HUGE and will require compromises from both of them all over the place.  Taking just a little taste of your brand new wife's breakfast would have been the tiniest baby step possible.  But . . . nope.  : (

• Like 3

Whitney is so awful. She and Matt deserve each other 100%.

And girl, get your eyebrows done. It's 2023. 

On 5/20/2023 at 1:08 AM, Lurk said:

I don't think that Matt was in to Gemma because she wasn't stick thin.

Yep. It's a shame because she's so much more beautiful than Whitney. 

• Like 4
On 4/28/2023 at 10:00 AM, TeapotWakeen said:

The new couple, Gemma and the guy with face tats, are so horrifying to watch. She is on him constantly with her sex comments and unwelcome touching.  He is communicating clearly what he is uncomfortable with, and she carries on sexually harassing him. It's not okay for either gender to push their partner sexually, and it's so obvious that she is used to "proving her worth" sexually that she doesn't trust she has other value to a man. I admire his clear and calm communication, and if she is willing to examine her behavior, she might have a healing relationship with him. But I bet the self-sabotage urge is too strong.

I'm on Episode 15 now.  It sounds, from your comments, that Matt is ultimately revealed to be a total jerk, but right now I am totally Team Matt.  Good grief, Gemma was making jokes about how he was really going to be tasting a "lot of fish" on their honeymoon (which cracked up her mother!)  EWWWW.  If some stranger-groom is joking, at our wedding reception, about choking me out with blow jobs, there is never going to be a honeymoon he needs to worry about.

And telling Matt "My fanny [British for vagina] is throbbing now!" while he's doing his best to tell her the graphic sex references are a turn-off for him? 

It's not cool for him to keep walking away, but I can see why he would.  He's extraordinarily good at verbally communicating his response to the vulgar sex talk and then her reaction to that is to plead with him to say he finds her attractive.  She's inappropriate, then she's needy, and if he tried to comfort her in her desperate neediness, isn't it likely she'd have his zipper down?

No woman wants to date a man who leers at her like a horny 14-year old whenever the words "hard" or "come" are part of an innocent conversation.  Gemma barely seems above that level.

####

Pairing Johnathan with Sophie just makes me mad at this show and sad for the two of them.  Is there some world in which the "experts" think Sophie will give up $400 dinners and designer clothes to settle down for the love of a good man in a small village as the local carpenter's wife?  Even her own father says her best match will need to be a rich man.  Zero points for effort, show.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, candall said:

now.  It sounds, from your comments, that Matt is ultimately revealed to be a total jerk, but right now I am totally Team Matt.  Good grief, Gemma was making jokes about how he was really going to be tasting a "lot of fish" on their honeymoon (which cracked up her mother!)  EWWWW.  If some stranger-groom is joking, at our wedding reception, about choking me out with blow jobs, there is never going to be a honeymoon he needs to worry about.

At the time, I was saying that Gemma was acting entirely inappropriately, and that she was sexually harassing him. I admired his clear communication about disliking her "jokes."

As to whether Matt is "revealed" to be a jerk, well...... get back to me on that when you're caught up! 😜

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TeapotWakeen said:

At the time, I was saying that Gemma was acting entirely inappropriately, and that she was sexually harassing him. I admired his clear communication about disliking her "jokes."

As to whether Matt is "revealed" to be a jerk, well...... get back to me on that when you're caught up! 😜

Yes, I completely agreed with you that Gemma was being inappropriate.  I also agree that Matt is unusually clear about communicating his position.  (I've had a relationship with exactly one person who could convey feelings with such clarity.  A career therapist.  It was dazzling.)

####

I love that they allow the unhappy couples a graceful exit and refresh the roster with new couples.  I watched only one season of the US version and it seemed ridiculous the amount of time they wasted showing us the pairs who clearly and unequivocally loathed each other.  As if, with the proper encouragement, they might boot 'n rally.

1 hour ago, candall said:

I also agree that Matt is unusually clear about communicating his position.  (I've had a relationship with exactly one person who could convey feelings with such clarity.  A career therapist.  It was dazzling.)

I think you will find that Matt is “unusually clear” only when he is criticizing Jemma.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/21/2023 at 6:31 PM, candall said:

I'm still bingeing the 13 hours I've accumulated, but I'm watching "Yes Week" and I can't keep my mouth shut about how much April is enjoying putting George through the ringer with his fear of heights.  She says, "He needs to see what a wild girl I am!"

No, I think he gets to see what a cruel bitch you are.  (And I rarely ever use that word.)

Phobias are real.  

If my new "spouse" thought it was hilarious to exploit my ir/rational fear of something, I'd tear up that MAFS contract so fast, her head would be spinning.

Although, I have to add that George must be exaggerating the severity of his acrophobia somewhat or he wouldn't be rappelling down the side of the building--he'd be doubled over vomiting or zooming away in an ambulance while they tried to bring his heartrate down before he went into arrest.

######

I guess I'll throw in one other thing that bugged me, while I'm posting here all out of order.

I was shocked when Zoe wouldn't taste Jenna's scrambled tofu "eggs".   One partner being vegan is HUGE and will require compromises from both of them all over the place.  Taking just a little taste of your brand new wife's breakfast would have been the tiniest baby step possible.  But . . . nope.  : (

I agree.  I am afraid of heights.  Just watching the segments made my stomach drop.  No way would I be able to even think about doing what George did.  So I cry foul on his acrophobia.  

• Like 1
On 5/23/2023 at 9:10 AM, Jeanne222 said:

I was focused on Matt's mouth and chewing at one of the dinners.  Anybody else happen to notice!

It's strange and weird!

Matt is generally strange and weird - I find myself focusing on his hair, which appears to be, um, textured? braided? cornrowed?  I've never seen anything quite like it before.  It reminds me of a wheat field. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Matt is generally strange and weird - I find myself focusing on his hair, which appears to be, um, textured? braided? cornrowed?  I've never seen anything quite like it before.  It reminds me of a wheat field. 

Pelt.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2

Why are we not seeing the residences of all of them in the homestays? Who cares about the parent's homes and the lunches with friends in their home towns? Something fishy with all that. I'm genuinely interested in how these people live their lives in the real world. 

Something so fake about this show and the people in it. 

• Like 5
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Why are we not seeing the residences of all of them in the homestays? Who cares about the parent's homes and the lunches with friends in their home towns? Something fishy with all that. I'm genuinely interested in how these people live their lives in the real world. 

Something so fake about this show and the people in it. 

I was incensed at Kwame for not taking Kasia (I think that's her name?) to his home, he is SO slimy!!!  Mr. "I'm a very private person" goes on *international* tv to get married, but can't let his "wife" see his home.  Surely Kasia can NOT be as daft as she appears!  All her sisters - literally EVERY BODY tells her that Kwame is no good and she still appears to be considering him. 

I miss at least half of the dialogue due to the accents - what the *&^& was in the jar on Zoe's kitchen counter???  Pickled - what???

• Like 3
32 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I miss at least half of the dialogue due to the accents - what the *&^& was in the jar on Zoe's kitchen counter???  Pickled - what???

Dead rat. On the kitchen counter. How lovely. 

I have to use closed caption for this and the Australia MAFS. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
22 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Dead rat. On the kitchen counter. How lovely. 

I have to use closed caption for this and the Australia MAFS. 

See my suggestion in the Primetimer new awards thread.

• Like 1
On 5/15/2023 at 4:43 PM, Chatty Cake said:

As long as Tom keeps going off on these people, I’m happy. At first I didn’t care for him but then I figured why not just enjoy it?

I think he's exhausting.  In every gathering, he sits with a sour look on his face, then he explodes and says incredibly rude things at machine gun pace that no one can interrupt or respond to, and then he strides rapidly out of the room.  A commercial break or two later, he's back.

And people put up with these tantrums??

44 minutes ago, suzeecat said:

I was incensed at Kwame for not taking Kasia (I think that's her name?) to his home, he is SO slimy!!!  Mr. "I'm a very private person" goes on *international* tv to get married, but can't let his "wife" see his home.  Surely Kasia can NOT be as daft as she appears!  All her sisters - literally EVERY BODY tells her that Kwame is no good and she still appears to be considering him. 

I guess you have to be ancient to remember life before cell phones, but here's one spot where landlines were helpful:   When a man you'd just met was eager to give you his work number, but not his home number, it's because there was a wife at home.

The reasons would be creative and amusing, but it was always, in the end, "Wife."

Kwame's just a big flashback red flag to me.  I'd bet money there's a live-in girlfriend (or boyfriend.)

• Like 5
  • Useful 1