Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

And here we go. Statler is now going to make Dempsey responsible for all her past (unresolved) trauma. "Wah, I'm adopted! Wah, no one loves me! Wah, if you don't let me move in it will break my heart and traumatize me more!" 

Dempsey, run. Run, don't walk away from this toxic mess. 

In my office, the slogan is "adopted means you were loved twice as much". Say that 10 times every morning, Stapler. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
5 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

You may be right...how old is David? It's a fairly new innovation for parents to immerse themselves in a child's world. 

He’s 42 and in his first episode we were told his parents shipped him off to deaf school at a young age and never learned how to sign. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5
Just now, greekmom said:

I don't understand why no one LITERALY NO ONE has brought it up to Stapler that she cannot just up and move to the UK.

If that was the case, everyone would just up and move there.

That's why she needs to move in with someone established there. She has to create the drama of an expiring visa and fear of deportation and not being able to work instead of doing the legwork. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

I don't understand why no one LITERALY NO ONE has brought it up to Stapler that she cannot just up and move to the UK.

If that was the case, everyone would just up and move there.

My only thought was that discussing a visa and so on makes it sound like moving in is on the table, and Dempsey doesn't want to give that opening.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

In my office, the slogan is "adopted means you were loved twice as much". Say that 10 times every morning, Stapler. 

That pisses me off, I'm an adoptive Mom, she acts like she was raised by wolves!

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

It wasn't Dempsey that abandoned you Lauren or Ann or Ava or whatever regular name your adoptive family actually gave you. Maybe your birth mother gave you up out of love and wanting you to have better than she had available. 

She's acting like Dempsey betrayed her by not letting her bulldoze. Shame on you, Dempsey!

Unpopular opinion but I recall a post on FB where someone said «  your triggers are not my responsibility «  .  I think to an extent that is true, it is my responsibility to understand my anxiety and mange it. A partner should not be responsible for curing or resolving someone’s trauma. Unresolved trauma is not an excuse to treat a parter like garbage. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
Just now, magemaud said:

He’s 42 and in his first episode we were told his parents shipped him off to deaf school at a young age and never learned how to sign. 

It sounds like they didn't have much support, either. Ugh, tough situation all around. Well, dude, you have a nice, loving gf and bonus son. Smile! Eat some ice cream. Play Go Fish. Do something. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I've been looking for cookbooks from this particular guy from the 80s in Ontario who had a tv series called Wok with Yan.

No luck so far.

I found some on eBay Canada. They aren't cheap. https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=wok+with+yan&ssPageName=GSTL&rt=nc&Country%2FRegion%20of%20Manufacture=Canada&_dcat=261186

But, now I have a mission for myself when I search Value Village. I love a good mission.

• Useful 1
Just now, Zombness said:

I think Violet is asking the wrong question, looks like she wants to swindle Riley out of this money.

I think that is a language and cultural difference.  As North Americans, asking someone their salary and finances isn't a socially proper question. But asking, are you able to support me and my kids is.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2
5 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

That pisses me off, I'm an adoptive Mom, she acts like she was raised by wolves!

Or that she was treated like a second class citizen in her adoptive family. Her demeanor tells me that she had every form of support, access to whatever she wanted and no financial hardship. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
Just now, Suzywriter said:

Or that she was treated like a second class citizen in her adoptive family. Her demeanor tells me that she had every form of support, access to whatever she wanted and no financial hardship. 

Yes, especially if she has time to dig for bugs as a hobby.  Seems unbothered to me.

• Like 6
6 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I think that is a language and cultural difference.  As North Americans, asking someone their salary and finances isn't a socially proper question. But asking, are you able to support me and my kids is.

As rude as it sounds to straight up ask how much is in your bank account, it's a good question that most of these fiances don't ask each other at the right time.

Edited by Bees52
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

Yes, I pick that up too.  She's an ingrate, and breaking her Mom's heart by saying she's not wanted.  (This is my opinion).

• Like 6
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

At his age, that doesn't sound like much to me. He said savings AND investments.  When does he think he's going to retire?  

He was in the military for a long time...he may have a retirement account that is currently not accessible, but still there. My ex had that--he socked away a lot of money that way and was able to protect it when we divorced. 

I want to talk to the ex who had the man in the closet. Stories like that are rarely true, and lying ass sorts always claim to have come home and found the woman in the act or men in the closet or some other scene that sounds like it's out of General Hospital. 

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, torontomeridith said:

I found some on eBay Canada. They aren't cheap. https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_nkw=wok+with+yan&ssPageName=GSTL&rt=nc&Country%2FRegion%20of%20Manufacture=Canada&_dcat=261186

But, now I have a mission for myself when I search Value Village. I love a good mission.

I searched "Wok with Yan cookbooks" and they turned up a bunch from used book stores, Etsy, Abe Books, and ebay.   Didn't look at the prices though.  On Amazon U.S., there are several, in th $40 and up range. 

• Like 1