Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, greekmom said:

I wonder if those kids know of their beautiful Chinese heritage or has that ass of Llama's brother stamped that out and it's all about the Egyptian/Muslim culture/faith.

She may be Muslim. I speculated in another thread that she may be a Ouiger (spelling?).

• Like 7
1 minute ago, kacesq said:

Wonder how Fatima met her husband..

Import bride.  Betcha a coffee.

2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

TAKE HER PASSPORT????

Nicole, sneak out tonight and get a cab to the airport. 

And take Fatima and her kids with you!

• Like 3
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I got a skirt, blouse, bolero vest ensemble at Loehmann’s, bought the hat at a store across from Jordan Marsh in Boston and we had the wedding at the Hillel House where we went to college.

My cousin and his first wife got married at Marsh Chapel at Boston University, where they met. I thought that was sweet. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I got married in a white cotton peasant dress I found for $75 in Filene's Basement. I found shoes for $20 there too. Borrowed a hat from a friend and wore crocheted white gloves I found for something like $5. Of course, I had a shoestring hippie wedding at my parents house. 

Damn, @Pepper Mostly, you continue to be my extreme hero. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I got married in a white cotton peasant dress I found for $75 in Filene's Basement. I found shoes for $20 there too. Borrowed a hat from a friend and wore crocheted white gloves I found for something like $5. Of course, I had a shoestring hippie wedding at my parents house. 

I got my shoes off eBay for 20 bucks, I wanted to get my tiara and veil elsewhere for cheaper but my parents insisted…they are normally super thrifty and lived on a limited budget but they were so excited they wanted to gift me the wedding outfit. It was still much cheaper than a upper scale salon, we drove quite far out of town to shop as my city is expensive.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Nothing wrong with how Nicole is interacting with the family here, it's pretty much how a foreign visitor or someone working in Egypt would experience being a guest in a home. But in no way does she seem like she would want or could handle living 'the village life' in this way as a wife in the family, she has the 'can't wait to get back to my hotel room' expression…

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I got a skirt, blouse, bolero vest ensemble at Loehmann’s, bought the hat at a store across from Jordan Marsh in Boston and we had the wedding at the Hillel House where we went to college.

Hat? Was there supposed to be a hat?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, Gobi said:

She may be Muslim. I speculated in another thread that she may be a Ouiger (spelling?).

Uighur. Possible, but she looks Han Chinese. The Uighurs are Turkic people originally from Central Asia and don't look Chinese per se. They look more like Kazaks or Uzbeks or Tajiks. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
Just now, Zombness said:

Nicole would have fare better if she had looked in the Scandinavian countries.  That is were she would fit best.

Butbutbut, this all happened by accident! Their eyes met in a fabric store! She was on a personal spiritual cleansing journey!

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 4
2 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"No need for outside friends" Yikes.

Seconds ago she said she liked to be alone and didn't have a lot of friends. Now she's saying she wants to go out and be social and make friends. I'm getting whiplash. 

I would too. That's a lot of people all together right there, and no woman can go out alone? At least she could meet different people than that bunch.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

Mahmoud’s family looks nice and friendly but they can’t wait for her to do like the Asian girl. Misogyny makes me sick. Men that are okay with their wives being inside the house with no social life while they go to the markets and prey on tourist women. For having been to Morocco and Egypt, I have seen this first hand. Tourist women are harassed even when covered. Harassed like kissed, touched, lured in dead end street. It’s hell. But their women stay home and are obedient.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6
  • Useful 1