Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Ocean State Job Lot has wonderful merino socks for $5/pair!

I'm too far south but maybe I can go when I travel. I won't forget the one in Norwood, MA, though...which I would drive by a lot when my Mom was in her last days up there. One afternoon I snuck over to Frugal Fannie's. We used to have a few down here but they Took Them Away! 

I can master about one discount store at a time and even then it takes several visits. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Ahh, it looks like sexy time for Clayton and Anali next episode! Well, for Clayton, maybe. Not much to say about everyone else, just more drama, business as usual. 😒

Ok see y'all then, also as usual,  and some of you tomorrow for TOW. Have a good night! ✌🏿️❤️  & 🦃!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, goofygirl said:

Here we go again... Poor old IGOR.  Can't WAIT to see how his parents react when she starts talking about being a trans woman, a prostitute, a whatever else hideous thing she's had to do.

Or when they find out she’s renamed their son 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

Now that I'm retired, I am revisiting old pleasures. I started to knit a hat...with cabling, which I have never tried before. The wool is dark red so my inevitable screwups won't be completely obvious! I am very excited to bake more too. I am planning to gift myself a KitchenAid soon.

Costco has them with $100 off starting today 11/20 until 12/24.

• Useful 2
9 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Just read that BestBuy will have them for $250, usually $400. @Red Bridey, you need to compare power, size of mixing bowl, etc. for an apples-to-apples comparison. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer.

You are 100% correct, Fiona loves to bake & loves her expensive pro 6 model that she's had for over 20 years.

I think the one that costco has is probably the same model as Best Buy as it's usually $399 so that BB price is excellent.

31 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Just read that BestBuy will have them for $250, usually $400. @Red Bridey, you need to compare power, size of mixing bowl, etc. for an apples-to-apples comparison. I love my Kitchen Aide mixer.

That's a great price! I hate shopping, but I liked the model I worked with yesterday, Artisan? I think. Big metal bowl with a handle. Will have to do some research now. Thanks!

1 hour ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I thought you were still talking about socks and  thought wow, you guys really love your socks! Not that I blame you, I love socks too!

• LOL 1
16 minutes ago, EllieW said:

I thought you were still talking about socks and  thought wow, you guys really love your socks! Not that I blame you, I love socks too!

I could *easily* spend $200 on socks, but as I have said, I'd have to get a bigger dresser! Darn Tough has some adorable patterns this season. On topic, can't wait for tonight's TOW! Will Sarper put Shrek on a plane home tonight? Will Kim finally figure out she is Mother TJ's kitchen servant? Honey, an Indian household is nothing like an American one. There is no...yours and ours...it's all One Big Happy Family (lol)!

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, EllieW said:

I must confess that I spent a good part of the afternoon looking for Darn Tough Socks sales. They are expensive but gorgeous and that guarantee! Wow! Are the cuffs tight? I’m not a fan of indentations on my calfs when I take my socks off.

Shekky agrees to having another child if it’s by surrogate and raised by round-the-clock nannies. Who’s with me?

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

That's a great price! I hate shopping, but I liked the model I worked with yesterday, Artisan? I think. Big metal bowl with a handle. Will have to do some research now. Thanks!

I have an Artisan model, its my second one--my first one gave out after about 20 years. I could have had it repaired, but the closest authorized service center was in central Massachusetts, an hour and a half from me. I could have shipped it to Kitchen Aid for repair, and they would have sent me all the packaging I would need--FOR TWENTY DOLLARS! Too much hassle. I got a new one (for Christmas, from my parents, bless them). I love it and I bake a lot, but in my experience they aren't the workhorses they purport to be. My second one is about 15 years old now, and the motor is shitting the bed. Sigh. I'll get another because they are the best, but man. 

And all these sales? Smoke and mirrors. They'll all be about $350, give or take. I was on the Kitchen Aid site earlier today, hoping for a bargain. No such luck. My hope is to find a vendor on Rakuten and get a decent rebate. 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I, for one, cannot wait to watch Kenny jerking off. Kidding.

And you know he'll come out triumphantly waving his sample cup in the air like its an Oscar. Matt Sharp has broken us. 

And why is aging Kenny giving the sample, not young, virile Armando? Wouldn't a younger donor have a better quality, um, product? 

Edited by Pepper Mostly
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Mary's having doubts! Jesus, Brandan, wake the hell up. You really think she's going to let her meal ticket and chance at getting the fuck out of the Philippines get away? 

"My lolo can't attend the wedding because he hates Brandan's guts and I am bringing shame on the family"

• Like 2
  • LOL 5