Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat 3: I Gave Up Everything To Be Here

• Start Topic

Just now, AR Traveler said:

He means they are going to Vlad the Impaler's castle (I know little about if he really lived there).  "Dracula" wasn't his real name.

I read a persuasive article years ago that posited Bram Stoker did not base the character of Dracula on Vlad Tepes.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
Just now, AR Traveler said:

He means they are going to Vlad the Impaler's castle (I know little about if he really lived there).  "Dracula" wasn't his real name.

Yes, his name was Vlad Tepes and "Dracula" loosely translates to "Son of the Dragon". And apropos of nothing at all, here is my favorite Vlad the Impaler cartoon: 

Vlad the Impaler.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
6 minutes ago, greekmom said:

I seriously do not understand how Statler doesn't understand moving to the UK isn't like moving across state to like Utah, Minnesota or California.

Confused Kevin James GIF by TV Land

To me it’s like when Americans get pissed off and say “ that’s it. I’m moving to Canada “. As if we have no immigration laws. Statler is in for a rude awakening.

• Like 6
  • Love 5
Just now, Gobi said:

I read a persuasive article years ago that posited Bram Stoker did not base the character of Dracula on Vlad Tepes.

I have read (maybe the same article!) that Dracula was based on Elizabeth Bathory, who did all kinds of unspeakable things to her female servants, supposedly bathing in blood.  Or maybe kind of a mishmash of characters.

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Drogo said:

“This is so exciting” says Amanda with all the enthusiasm of a prisoner walking to his execution

Right? Her affect is so weird. Like she's a Stepford wife or something. "I express enthusiasm for new experiences, like a real human woman".

• Like 11

Oh yeah, I did see a little of this on the preview Friday night, right before I fell asleep. I like how Razvan  says "cast-el."

Hmm... I'm wondering how soon before Jasmine pushes Gino off those rocks.

Edited by Bees52
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Right? Her affect is so weird. Like she's a Stepford wife or something. "I express enthusiasm for new experiences, like a real human woman".

“Beep beep boop boo”    -Amanda

• LOL 6
1 minute ago, Shelbie said:

To me it’s like when Americans get pissed off and say “ that’s it. I’m moving to Canada “. As if we have no immigration laws. Statler is in for a rude awakening.

I've looked longingly at the bridge in Detroit, I admit.  I know logically I can't just stroll over and set up housekeeping.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
Just now, Bees52 said:

Oh yeah, I did see a little of this on the preview Friday night, right before I fell asleep. I like how Razvan  says "cast-el."

Hmm... I'm wondering how soon before Jasmine pushes Gino off those rocks.

Not until she has the marriage license and green card clutched in her hot little hands. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Drogo said:

I like to walk up to the groom at weddings and give him the old “I don’t think I know the bride well enough, does she even love you bro”

Is this before or after you go out for lattes and talk about your feelings, as guys love to do?

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

Is this before or after you go out for lattes and talk about your feelings, as guys love to do?

Both - you can never express enough disappointment in your loved ones’ life choices 

• LOL 12
4 minutes ago, Shelbie said:

As someone who moved to Canada from the U.S., it took 6 months of lawyers and a ton of paperwork. And that's with a job waiting for me in Canada, which is really the magic key to moving to another country - and what Statler does not have.

• Like 11
  • Useful 2
Just now, Gobi said:

Bold fashion statement by Gino, a hat instead of a baseball cap.

He's really pushing the boundaries! 

"Why would I have sex with you last night and then lie?". Right. Because guys never, ever do that. Get off your high horse you posing faker. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, greekmom said:

Christian is an idiot.

BTW did anyone watch Red, White and Royal Blue on prime. Holy moly! I AM IN LOVE with that movie. I've seen it like 5 times so far

I haven't yet, but houseguest is fainting to watch it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
Just now, torontomeridith said:

As someone who moved to Canada from the U.S., it took 6 months of lawyers and a ton of paperwork. And that's with a job waiting for me in Canada, which is really the magic key to moving to another country - and what Statler does not have.

i assume u moved to Toronto. How are you enjoying it? 

Speaking of TO where is @sainte-chapelle ?? She must have gotten lost at either Jerkfest or Taste of the Danforth

• Like 5
  • Love 1