Type keyword(s) to search

Asa Soltan Rahmati: Persian Pop Priestess of Diamond Water

• Start Topic

Not gonna lie: I find the "priestess" oddly likable. Her kooky style and artsy soul just grabbed me from the beginning. Plus, she's proven that she could easily kick GG's ass: the gal is my kinda badass.

I like her too, she seems the most level headed and well adjusted of the group, but she is a bit full of herself. Didn't she call herself an Intergalactic Persian Pop Princess? And the diamond water thing...I have no words....well I do sort of....Bbbwwwwwaaaahhhhhhaaahaaahaahaaahaaahaaa!

edited for clarity

Edited by Giselle

She seemed to come off better this first episode. Maybe she finally woke up and saw herself (or Jermaine Jr laid a reality check on her) and realized she needed to tone down the "quirk" since it wasn't coming across as this cute, endearing, but odd *intergalactic persian pop priestess* that I am sure she expected it to. She just came across as annoying and full of herself, regardless of what anyone tried to tell her. That Diamond Water venture (at least the beginnings of it) were really the worst.

I also wonder what she really does to make money since I am not seeing sales of Diamond Water skyrocketing. Maybe she and her ex husband own/rent property still? Or maybe Jermaine Jr fronts a lot of her 'wealth'. Supposedly her parents were never any notably rich folks so unless she married/divorced rich there's no way she's affording any of those janky gold headdresses she tried on. Those aren't even Iranian, right? That screamed Bollywood.

• Love 3

Or maybe Jermaine Jr fronts a lot of her 'wealth'. Supposedly her parents were never any notably rich folks so unless she married/divorced rich there's no way she's affording any of those janky gold headdresses she tried on. Those aren't even Iranian, right? That screamed Bollywood.

I don't think the Jackson siblings have Michael-Janet kind of money. Is Jermaine Jr. a small-time music producer or dabbler? They never really showed him much on the show. If they really met in high school and are still together, I give Asa and JJr. credit for longevity in a wacky town.

The 22 carat gold necklaces look better around the neck, not wrapped like a tacky headband. (I have one or two from my wedding). Asa loves looking like an Intergalactic Bollywood Skank Dancer, clearly!

• Love 1

She seemed to come off better this first episode. Maybe she finally woke up and saw herself (or Jermaine Jr laid a reality check on her) and realized she needed to tone down the "quirk" since it wasn't coming across as this cute, endearing, but odd *intergalactic persian pop priestess* that I am sure she expected it to. She just came across as annoying and full of herself, regardless of what anyone tried to tell her. That Diamond Water venture (at least the beginnings of it) were really the worst.

I also wonder what she really does to make money since I am not seeing sales of Diamond Water skyrocketing. Maybe she and her ex husband own/rent property still? Or maybe Jermaine Jr fronts a lot of her 'wealth'. Supposedly her parents were never any notably rich folks so unless she married/divorced rich there's no way she's affording any of those janky gold headdresses she tried on. Those aren't even Iranian, right? That screamed Bollywood.

We saw her trying them on at a nice expensive Indian jewelers shop but I bet she goes to a modest shop on Pioneer Blvd in Artesia  or someplace in LA and buys knock off or has it made out of gold fill...which is still fake but keeps it's shine.

By the way, if there are any local PTV'ers in So. Cal., if you ever go to the Little India area in Artesia stop at The Saffron Spot. They make Indian ice cream  and it's delicious. I love getting a scoop each of  Rajbhog and Rose. MMMMMMM!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Jermaine Jackson is marrying Maday Velazquez who is 40 years his junior. I wonder if something about this was going on which is why she chose not to air this dirty laundry by being on Shahs this season. 

She's with Jermaine, Jr. isn't she?  I think he's only 40-ish himself so it must be his dad who found a trophy bride. 

• Love 3

I went to Ross to buy a new larger cat bed and got a nice navy one for my black cat. While standing in line I saw Asa's Diamond water for sale for $2.00. Guess it lost it's magic bullshit.

No I didn't (wouldn't) buy it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
18 hours ago, nexxie said:

After all this time I still haven’t seen a pic of Soltan Jackson - they’re being very private with their little guy.

I don't mind that and I respect her decision. 

I just wish that she had been more honest with the group. She would expect others to be transparent and would tease out info on their lives but didn't demand that of herself.

In the end I found her very judgemental, untrustworthy, and most of all extremely sanctimonious.

Hope her son grows up to be nothing like her.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Is Asa scheduled to appear on the show at all this season?  If I missed any notice of it I apologize in advance because I missed it.

I think she's at most a "friend of".  

• Love 1

I always liked Asa and enjoyed her hippie-dippy charms in the earlier seasons. We really didn’t get to see her hypocritical/cagily opportunistic side until last season, which is a shame...I thought she brought an interestingly artsy, SoCal New Age-sorta vibe to this otherwise douchey cast. I realize she was only close to Reza and the other gals didn’t like her for the most part(I loved it when she tossed drunk GG aside like a ragdoll at that party; that hippie bitch could throw down when she needed to!), but this show doesn’t feel the same without her around. I haven’t really watched most of this season due to that.

I do wonder if she was invited back to any onscreen events or if she just decided to part ways completely with this show...she seems to be very successful with her boutique and is loving motherhood, so I could understand suddenly not having much in common anymore with this gang of whackadoodles, so I don’t blame her for peacing out on them.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

I always liked Asa and enjoyed her hippie-dippy charms in the earlier seasons. We really didn’t get to see her hypocritical/cagily opportunistic side until last season, which is a shame...I thought she brought an interestingly artsy, SoCal New Age-sorta vibe to this otherwise douchey cast. I realize she was only close to Reza and the other gals didn’t like her for the most part(I loved it when she tossed drunk GG aside like a ragdoll at that party; that hippie bitch could throw down when she needed to!), but this show doesn’t feel the same without her around. I haven’t really watched most of this season due to that.

I do wonder if she was invited back to any onscreen events or if she just decided to part ways completely with this show...she seems to be very successful with her boutique and is loving motherhood, so I could understand suddenly not having much in common anymore with this gang of whackadoodles, so I don’t blame her for peacing out on them.

When Reza and MJ were on Watch What Happens Live several weeks ago on the opening episode night of this new  Shahs season, they both said that we will be seeing Asa appear in a coming episode. But they were vague about it.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

When Reza and MJ were on Watch What Happens Live several weeks ago on the opening episode night of this new  Shahs season, they both said that we will be seeing Asa appear in a coming episode. But they were vague about it.

I hope its all of two seconds.

Still it is two seconds too many.

• Love 5