Type keyword(s) to search

What Did We Eat Today?

• Start Topic

For lunch my favorite simple sandwich really good ham, Brie and Dijon on a baguette with arugula tossed with lemon and olive oil on the side.

Dinner is going to be a caprese panzanella combo with grilled chicken and coconut rice pudding made with the leftover arborio rice from last night’s dinner. 

My husband took me to our favorite local place for lunch. I had Maryland crab soup and he had gazpacho. We shared a plate of shrimp tacos. He mentioned that there was a couple sitting behind me who both had their cell phones out and had not said a single word to each other. No cell phones at our table, just conversation with each other.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

My husband took me to our favorite local place for lunch. I had Maryland crab soup and he had gazpacho. We shared a plate of shrimp tacos. He mentioned that there was a couple sitting behind me who both had their cell phones out and had not said a single word to each other. No cell phones at our table, just conversation with each other.

I can't imagine doing that. We always have something to talk about :>)

Tonight's dinner was grilled pork chops (UN style: marinated in Greek vinaigrette + Turkish seasoning), scalloped potatoes, and sliced tomatoes and red onions atop greens w/ a vinaigrette dressing. The tomatoes came from a farm stand in Michigan and they had to be prepped w/ a bit of sugar cause they initially had no taste. 

• Love 1
On 8/3/2019 at 10:07 PM, Gramto6 said:

Small pork chop pounded thin and breaded w/panko

I'll probably have that tonight. I get the thin cut pork chops, coat with ranch dressing and panko and then oven fry. That's become my go-to for boneless chicken and pork chops and then I can make it into a sheet pan meal with whatever vegetable I have. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

I'm having lobster again tonight.

You're driving some of us crazy! ☺  I think I'll have to get some lobster at Wegmans.  Haven't had it since the last time I was in Maine. I hope you've experienced a really good wild blueberry pie.  I never liked blueberry pie until I had it at the West St Cafe in Bar Harbor. They put cinnamon in it, an added touch that just *made it* for me. I know you're loving your Maine vacation!

• Love 2

Lamb and beef kofta with all the fixings and a deconstructed dolma salad. A new middle eastern place just opened near me and their pita is so damn good that I will pick some up on the way home and some baklava. 

3 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

I had a taco from Burger King. It was not bad but if there was a Taco Bell closer to me I would certainly go there instead.

In my town, Burger King and Taco Bell are next to each other. I've never been to either one. I have been to Sonic across the street for a chili dog, which was disappointing.

• Love 1

I had a friend from HS stay here a few days. He asked for meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green beans for his birthday dinner. The best part was the leftover loaf was made into sandwiches the next day for lunch. 

Tonght the neighborhood is having a party and everyone is bringing a dish. I swear that I’ve gained 5 pounds this week. 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Sonic across the street for a chili dog,

For a fast-food chili dog, there's no better than Checkers.

Right now I have a salami swiss cheese roll in the oven. My Publix stopped carrying frozen bread dough which I would thaw, roll out, then layer with hard salami and swiss then roll up and bake - yummy. So I decided to try their unbaked pizza dough. I'll know in about a half-hour if that worked.

I was just thinking a few minutes ago that it's a good thing I take a lot of vitamins cause today was not the most nutritious day for me. Frozen waffles for breakfast. Annual community picnic: burger, pork bbq, meh potato salad, and baked beans. Supper was meh delivery pizza & a Greek salad. I was thinking of the vitamins as I was scooping some vanilla ice cream into a bowl w/ fresh strawberries & a bit of fudge sauce +I fat free ReddiWhip. I think I need some ginger ale!😮

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Roast beef, carrots with mushrooms, and onions, mashed potatoes, and a pineapple fruit cup for dessert. A delicious almost-Fall meal. Which made sense because here in Upstate New York, the humidity from a few days before gave way to a Fall Preview, so to speak.

2 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Since my Chinese place went out of business, I had rocky road ice cream for lunch,.

So a win for you!

An heirloom tomato tart with a salad with green goddess dressing and lots of rosé!

• Love 2
23 hours ago, biakbiak said:

An heirloom tomato tart with a salad with green goddess dressing and lots of rosé!

Heirloom tomato everything is about to be my world for the next few weeks. Pulled the first few off the plants yesterday. They're not quite perfectly ripe yet, but I wanted to grab them before some stupid bird starts pecking at them or some other misfortune comes my way.  My kids laughed at me because I described the three on the counter as big, LARGE, and freaking huge. The latter weighed in at just under two pounds. I'm not really sure what to do with it at the moment other than take a few pictures with it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Didn’t feel like really cooking so got leftovers from the freezer of wontons and potstickers and Taiwanese beef noodle soup. A chest freezer is probably my favorite purchase for my apartment so that I have the room to still have homemade food even if I don’t feel like cooking!  

• Love 1

Tonight a friend is coming over so we can catch up on Ink Master so it’s individual vegetarian pot pies with mushrooms, peas, carrots, and corn and a salad with all the vegetables and homemade blue cheese dressing. For dessert a pluot cake. 

• Love 3

A few days ago I read on twitter that Pope Paul II might have died due to eating too many of a very delicious melon, in doing some googling I discovered that while that melon is extinct it’s relative lives and is called a charentais and then when I was at the Farmer’s market on Wednesday one of the stalls were selling them so of course it needed to be purchased. Having some friends over to watch The Favorite will be a bunch of apps and lots of rosé: charentais melon and prosciutto, figs and a yummy goat cheese, radishes with butter and salt, Gougères, crudités with a blue cheese dressing for dipping and s’more Blondies.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 3

Added garlic, mint and lemon to the leftover cucumber dill salad to make it more a tzatziki and made Greek marinated chicken wraps with tabbouleh. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 2

Breakfast: Eggs Benedict Florentine, home fries, unsweetened iced tea

Snack: Two dark chocolate sea salt caramels and more unsweetened iced tea

Dinner: The classic whole-wheat spaghetti with lemon and butter; basic salad (spinach, tomato, baby carrots, nutritional yeast, hot sauce)

Dessert: Rose tea. My friend introduced me to this great Asian supermarket in my area that has all kinds of loose-leaf tea. It's really hard to find good rose tea at all and I finally found it! Also got a massive bag of loose-leaf jasmine green tea. Will be back.

I pan fried the left over German potato salad with some green onions to make home fries for breakfast which worked surprisingly well and added a sunny side up egg on top.

Lunch a friend brought me the Popeye’s chicken sandwich that is all the rage.

Dinner my boyfriend is having friends over for game night and is making enchiladas with all the fixings and I made a chocolate cheesecake in the InstantPot for dessert.

• Love 2

I was feeling like Vietnamese so made bun cha, unfortunately when I was making the nuoc cham I somehow managed to break the granite pestle I have had since I was in college! Off to google replacement pestles!

10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I was feeling like Vietnamese so made bun cha, unfortunately when I was making the nuoc cham I somehow managed to break the granite pestle I have had since I was in college! Off to google replacement pestles!

You broke a granite pestle? I'm impressed!